PDA

View Full Version : clyde 2A?

cdawgfan
11-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Clyde may very possibly be dropping to 2A. Any comments? :thinking:

Black_Magic
11-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by cdawgfan
Clyde may very possibly be dropping to 2A. Any comments? :thinking: If they drop to 2A. They will not be in 3A :rolleyes: what comments are you looking for?:thinking:

nobogey72
11-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Yes, I have a comment. If you do drop to 2A, then you will obviously be a BIGGER 2A school. I hope the SMALLER 2A schools in your district don't talk as much trash about you having more kids to pick from as some of the Clyde, Merkel, etc. people have about Wylie. I don't mean this sarcasticly, I just know how old it gets. And I don't mean to insinuate that all Clyde or Merkel people feel this way, it's just that the ones that do are very vocal about it.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Yes, I have a comment. If you do drop to 2A, then you will obviously be a BIGGER 2A school. I hope the SMALLER 2A schools in your district don't talk as much trash about you having more kids to pick from as some of the Clyde, Merkel, etc. people have about Wylie. I don't mean this sarcasticly, I just know how old it gets. And I don't mean to insinuate that all Clyde or Merkel people feel this way, it's just that the ones that do are very vocal about it.

Word

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM

Ya'll will get to see the "other" point of view when ya'll are a
small 4A school next year.:devil:

I kid, I kid....:D

cdawgfan
11-01-2007, 01:58 PM

You're right. That is one reason I don't want to go to 3A. Not that there aren't 2A teams that would give us trouble, but I think staying in 3A will make us work harder to keep improving.

Texasfootball2
11-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Clyde may very possibly be dropping to 2A. Any comments? :thinking:

If your serious then I have some questions?

Clyde was 506 two years ago. The bottom of 3A was about 415 +/-. If Clyde is near 2A enrollment they would have to have had an 18% drop in enrollment ( about 91 students). This is almost unheard of in two years. Talk about hiding students :thinking:

lakers
11-01-2007, 02:30 PM
My mom is a teacher at Clyde, and she informed me last night that we dont have to worry about Clyde dropping to 2a. The problem was that the largest class Clyde has ever had graduated and the incoming freshmans class is one of the smallest in years. They will squeak into 3a this year and I think it wont be a problem in the next few years...

I think that would suck to drop to 2a....

Texasfootball2
11-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by lakers
My mom is a teacher at Clyde, and she informed me last night that we dont have to worry about Clyde dropping to 2a. The problem was that the largest class Clyde has ever had graduated and the incoming freshmans class is one of the smallest in years. They will squeak into 3a this year and I think it wont be a problem in the next few years...

The biggest flaw in the present UIL system is that they count the present Senior class in the numbers and not the incoming eigth grade class which is the kids that will actually be in high school when the realignment goes into affect.:doh:

Go figure:confused: I would love for somebody from the UIL to explain that to me.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 02:46 PM

Holla at ya boi

thewyliefan
11-01-2007, 03:21 PM
nicely put nobogey72

nobogey72
11-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Sweetwater Red,

You should know by now that we will never go 4A at Wylie seeing as how our coach is also the president of the UIL and advises the governor on all realignment issues. By the way, what happened to the thread with all the Hollywood Women. I looked at several of the pictures and left work to go home to hit my wife in the mouth, and when I got back the thread was closed.

STANG RED
11-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
The biggest flaw in the present UIL system is that they count the present Senior class in the numbers and not the incoming eigth grade class which is the kids that will actually be in high school when the realignment goes into affect.:doh:

Go figure:confused: I would love for somebody from the UIL to explain that to me.

Your kidding, right? Do you realize what you are asking? If they started making rational informed decisions now their afraid it might be expected of them in the future. It'll never happen.

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Sweetwater Red,

You should know by now that we will never go 4A at Wylie seeing as how our coach is also the president of the UIL and advises the governor on all realignment issues. By the way, what happened to the thread with all the Hollywood Women. I looked at several of the pictures and left work to go home to hit my wife in the mouth, and when I got back the thread was closed.

A mod put our toys away. She said we could play with them
again after football season was over.:mad:

Texas Grid Iron
11-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Clyde turned in just at the cutoff of 2A last year, I believe it was .5 more than the cutoff if the trends hold to form and the number shoots up 5-9 then they will be in 2A. This is where they belong. I have attended all the games the last few years and most all of them in the past and when we play a 2A them numbers (team numbers) are even. Yes I am from there and sick of the town of Wylie! When I was in school we beat them like a drum! But we had bigger numbers and were able to compete! Your coach and your numbers that is why Wylie is what they are. I know the Wylie coach and talk with him when I do see him. He is a genius but the one we have now ranks right up there with him in my book if they will give him a few years, he has already proven what he is capable of! I am going to predict Clyde drops to 2A and Brownwood takes their spot in 3A and Wylie, Sweetwater, and Brownwood can battle it out on a even keel. Clyde has proven they can go toe to toe with the powerhouses this year and it all stems back to their leader and coach! I just hope they realize this and give him a raise and some incentives to stay around were he can get some boys and go and compete in 2A like he used to! We will be their in the 3A playoffs this year hope to meet your team along the way!

thewyliefan
11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
last time i checked wylie wasn't a town, it's a district w/ in abilene. it's a five minute drive from cooper high school. and also coach slaughter is a hell of a coach from what i can see but i wouldn't quite compare him to sandifer yet. give it 4 or 5 years and probably then you can.

and out of curiosity texas grid iron....when did you play for clyde?

injuredinmelee
11-01-2007, 04:30 PM

we will just keep beating the 4a programs like we do a majority of the time in the regular season.

thewyliefan
11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
yea wylie plays 4A schools often any ways so i wouldnt see a big problem moving up to 4A in the first place....there are a ton of 4A teams that arent as good as 3A teams but then agin....you have your big time power houses.

nobogey72
11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Texas Grid Iron
Clyde turned in just at the cutoff of 2A last year, I believe it was .5 more than the cutoff if the trends hold to form and the number shoots up 5-9 then they will be in 2A. This is where they belong. I have attended all the games the last few years and most all of them in the past and when we play a 2A them numbers (team numbers) are even. Yes I am from there and sick of the town of Wylie! When I was in school we beat them like a drum! But we had bigger numbers and were able to compete! Your coach and your numbers that is why Wylie is what they are. I know the Wylie coach and talk with him when I do see him. He is a genius but the one we have now ranks right up there with him in my book if they will give him a few years, he has already proven what he is capable of! I am going to predict Clyde drops to 2A and Brownwood takes their spot in 3A and Wylie, Sweetwater, and Brownwood can battle it out on a even keel. Clyde has proven they can go toe to toe with the powerhouses this year and it all stems back to their leader and coach! I just hope they realize this and give him a raise and some incentives to stay around were he can get some boys and go and compete in 2A like he used to! We will be their in the 3A playoffs this year hope to meet your team along the way!

Texas Grid Iron,

1. Wylie is not a town
2. The enrollment census was not taken "last year"
3. The floor # for 3A will be way more than your (5-9) prediction
(if you pay attention to how much that # has increased over
the past 3 or 4 realignments)
4. I agree that Coach Slaughter is doing a great job, but we'll
see if he can keep it up year after year. We'll see what he
can do when #3 and #2 graduate. One year doesn't mean
jack.
5. I'll bet that Coach Slaughter wishes that his community
weren't so whiney.

thewyliefan
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
we will just keep beating the 4a programs like we do a majority of the time in the regular season.

Yeah and we'll just continue to play into December? :thinking:

Starting next year.....:devil:

3afan
11-01-2007, 05:29 PM
A mod put our toys away. She said we could play with them
again after football season was over.:mad:

yeah i didn t get that ....

3afan
11-01-2007, 05:31 PM

plus the 2a/3a ceiling is sure to rise along with all others

lakers
11-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
plus the 2a/3a ceiling is sure to rise along with all others

Well I hope that Clyde does not drop to 2a...

Clyde needs to stay in 3a and keep earning respect. I graduated last year and I enjoyed the tougher competition, I would much rather have played a bigger school then a smaller one.

thewyliefan
11-02-2007, 12:21 AM
they are earning respect this year your right. but we'll just have to see if they can keep it up after kevil leaves. they will be the real challenge for clyde

cdawgfan
11-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
they are earning respect this year your right. but we'll just have to see if they can keep it up after kevil leaves. they will be the real challenge for clyde

Curtis and Wes are a major part of our team, but we have a lot of great players on this team that will be coming back next year! We have to have a line to block for them or they wouldn't get anywhere. I am not sure how many on our offensive line we are losing, but it may help us next year that we may not just have 2 specific players to watch out for. A lot has to do with our great new coach and the mindset he has given our boys. We are starting to show a lot more depth and I think he will keep that going.

wtxfootball08
11-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
If your serious then I have some questions?

Clyde was 506 two years ago. The bottom of 3A was about 415 +/-. If Clyde is near 2A enrollment they would have to have had an 18% drop in enrollment ( about 91 students). This is almost unheard of in two years. Talk about hiding students :thinking:

Want to Talk about hiding students??
nobogey72
Rookie

Member #: 7531

Clyde,( now known as Merkel east) has been whining for years about Wylie being bigger. They are really gonna whine when they have to go to Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood for their first district game next year. Our trick at Wylie is that we only count boys. And, the band boys don't count. Then we don't count the boys that can't break 5 flat in the 40 unless they weigh above 240. The reason we can do this is because our coach is also the president of the UIL.

???

nobogey72
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
Want to Talk about hiding students??
nobogey72
Rookie

Member #: 7531

Clyde,( now known as Merkel east) has been whining for years about Wylie being bigger. They are really gonna whine when they have to go to Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood for their first district game next year. Our trick at Wylie is that we only count boys. And, the band boys don't count. Then we don't count the boys that can't break 5 flat in the 40 unless they weigh above 240. The reason we can do this is because our coach is also the president of the UIL.

wtxfootball,

My attempt at humor seems to have been lost on you.

???

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2007, 02:25 PM
wtxfootball,

My attempt at humor seems to have been lost on you.
I got it. :D (And laughed....)

NDFootball
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM
You're right. That is one reason I don't want to go to 3A. Not that there aren't 2A teams that would give us trouble, but I think staying in 3A will make us work harder to keep improving.

Merkel thought they'd be dominant when they dropped to 2a too...

NDFootball
11-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Also...the thought of Sandifer dodging 4A is so ridiculous it's not even funny. Why would he play schools like Brownwood, Frenship, Big Spring (yes they ARE 4A...no comment on their talent though...), and Aledo from a couple of years back. Besides Big Spring, last time I checked those are 4A powers. So yes, to everybody, I'm sure Sandifer is just doing EVERYTHING in his power to make sure Wylie stays in 3A just to keep winning :rolleyes:

/endrant

Stownhorse
11-03-2007, 01:42 PM
[i]/endrant [/B]

haha thats awesome :clap:

MHSvarsity2007
11-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball

we're tied for first place in district...

lakers
11-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball

yeah and did u see the talent they had last year... it wasnt very impressive... But they have really turned it around this year...

They have a good chance of making it a couple rounds into the playoffs...

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-05-2007, 01:34 AM
yeah and did u see the talent they had last year... it wasnt very impressive... But they have really turned it around this year...

They have a good chance of making it a couple rounds into the playoffs...

YEah

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
we're tied for first place in district...
HI! :)

MHSvarsity2007
11-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
HI! :)

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Elway7=HOF
11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Congrats to Coach Slaughter for making the playoffs again in Clyde! Keep up the good buddy, and dont forget about us over here in East Tx!