PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Pats running up the score/Cowher's comments?

big daddy russ
11-01-2007, 12:09 PM
What do you think about the Pats running up the score and Bill Cowher's comments that someone's going to do something stupid in a moment of frustration and tee off on Brady?

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Well it could happen....

As I said before it's the NFL and it is the patriots job to score points on offense and it is the defesnes job to stop the patriots from scoring.

Cowher's comments were out of line IMO.

kaorder1999
11-01-2007, 12:12 PM
when you continue to beat teams they way they do people are going to get frustrated and somebody is going to do something stupid. It always happens. Its the nature of the beast.

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
What do you think about the Pats running up the score and Bill Cowher's comments that someone's going to do something stupid in a moment of frustration and tee off on Brady?

I can't remember who it was but Mike & Mike had somebody on
the day after the game. The guy said to Mike Golic if this would
have been Buddy Ryan's team somebody would have left the
field on a stretcher moreless. Of course Golic took the high road.

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 12:25 PM
I think its kind of stupid that so many people cry about it when the score get ran up on their team. They call it "classless," and things like that. Why don't those teams do something about it then? Stop the other team from running up the score...Like, I can understand in a situation where Team A is leading Team B by a touchdown, and Team A has the ball on a 4th and 13 at the 15 yd line with 0:30 on the clock. Team A gets the first down, but then calls a time-out just so they can get another touchdown.

Maroon87
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM

To be perfectly honest I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Anyone other than Joe Gibbs might've ordered a Code Red last Sunday.

JasperDog94
11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
I think Cowher is just stating what most other folks are thinking. He's (Belichick) playing a dangerous game. Once the game is in hand, stop throwing deep. Work on your run game. Stop trying to run the score up. Running up the score (although legal) shows poor sportsmanship.

big daddy russ
11-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
To be perfectly honest I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Anyone other than Joe Gibbs might've ordered a Code Red last Sunday.
I'm with you. I think right now, the media thinks more severely of all-out blitzes than what the Pats are doing. The way I was raised, athletics were supposed to teach character.

And Casey, I'm exactly opposite of you. Definitely more old school. If you would've been the QB across the LOS from me, I would've teed off. Don't do it between plays, but make sure that no matter how good their offensive line is, their QB gets hit every single play.

The only thing I've heard all week is how bad that would be if someone hit Brady. I'm more pissed about about the lack of class from the Brady bunch.

JR2004
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM

It's going to happen. Just a matter of time until one or more players tee off on Brady and attempt to cause him a serious injury. I'm still going with Baltimore as being the team that'll do it if they run the score up on them. Brady won't be the only one to suffer a serious injury in that game and probably won't be the first player to go down.

JR2004
11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Gibbs just isn't that kind of guy. I can only imagine the score against Denver in the Super Bowl if he had felt like running it up in the 2nd half of that one.