PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 11:58 AM
How does this guy still have a job at ESPN?

BILLYFRED0000
11-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't know. When he was a dallas guy I always called him Skip Clueless.

Bull19
11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
he's definently worthless, i cant stand listing to him on espn, he thinks he is right about everything and when somebody disagrees with him he basically throws a temper tantrum

3afan
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
he's definently worthless, i cant stand listing to him on espn, he thinks he is right about everything and when somebody disagrees with him he basically throws a temper tantrum

and thats why they keep him ....

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
and thats why they keep him .... This morning he said he's not sold on Tom Brady or Peyton Manning "in the clutch."

Bull19
11-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
This morning he said he's not sold on Tom Brady or Peyton Manning "in the clutch."

let me guess he thinks drew brees is better?:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 12:29 PM
let me guess he thinks drew brees is better?:rolleyes: He said he'd take Vince Young or Jay Cutler over them right now in the cluth. Granted that I love Vince Young as a QB and he is pretty clutch but right now I'd take Brady and Manning over him.

Bull19
11-01-2007, 12:30 PM
He said he'd take Vince Young or Jay Cutler over them right now in the cluth.

lol i was fixing to say vy too......jay cutler??? skip= idiot

DUKE22
11-01-2007, 12:37 PM
They asked him to tell them someone who has won an nba title all by themselves, his response, STEVE NASH. You have got to kidding me, but if Bill Walton can stay on TV then so can he.

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
They asked him to tell them someone who has won an nba title all by themselves, his response, STEVE NASH. You have got to kidding me, but if Bill Walton can stay on TV then so can he. Bill Walton provides more knowledge than Skip

DUKE22
11-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Bill Walton provides more knowledge than Skip I agree but he is just as much of an idiot, but like yall said that is why they keep them. They will probably have a talk show pretty soon.

JR2004
11-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I really need to pull up that website that had this competition of who should be thrown off ESPN. You should've seen the things those folks said about Skip.

He's right near the top of most annoying ESPN personalities. I can't understand why someone who hates sports and the athletes in particular would have his job as a career.

JasperDog94
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Bill Walton provides more knowledge than Skip That's like saying this piece of crap smells better than that piece of crap...:speech:

Highschoolfan78
11-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Who's worse? Skip or Steven A.? Quite Frankly, I can't stand either.. little pun in there haha

pirate4state
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Is this the guy that looks like plastic and like he's scared all the time? :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
11-01-2007, 01:41 PM
wait, is Skip the skinny guy or the fat guy??? I always get their names confused...and I find them both annoying from time to time.

pirate4state
11-01-2007, 01:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/skip_bayless_65x90.jpg

yep, mr. plastic surgery!

crzyjournalist03
11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
ewww...yeah...he reminds me of that guy in the ESPNews commercial where the man keeps pulling random statistics out of nowhere and is talking out his butt...

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 02:54 PM
He rants and raves on stupid stuff and he is soooo biased, I hate the guy.

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
He is supposed to b hated..His whole role is to be the lone dissenting voice..If everyone says player A is great, then he disagrees..If everyone says player B is bad, he says his good.

It is an act, and it works well for him

Big Papa
11-01-2007, 03:05 PM
i personally like listening...kinda interesting to listen to more than the one side you always hear about on subjects...and its not like all of his points are stupid...i agree with some of the stuff he says not all of it...but some of it

pirate4state
11-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
He is supposed to b hated..His whole role is to be the lone dissenting voice..If everyone says player A is great, then he disagrees..If everyone says player B is bad, he says his good.

It is an act, and it works well for him

ROFL like a few of our posters on this board!!!! :clap: :clap:

How ironic!!! :D :D :D

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ROFL like a few of our posters on this board!!!! :clap: :clap:

How ironic!!! :D :D :D

I guess I understand then lol

Ranger Mom
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
he thinks he is right about everything and when somebody disagrees with him he basically throws a temper tantrum

This could apply to a few posters over the years too!!:D

SWMustang
11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Stuart Scott (glass eye guy?) is more annoying

JasperDog94
11-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Stuart Scott (glass eye guy?) is more annoying BooYah!!!

Global Swarming
11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
There are alot of people on here who pitch a fit if you don't agree with them.We must have of Skip Bayless's on here.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 06:05 PM

How? "holla at a playa when you see him in the street"!

I love that guy.

Snydertigersrul
11-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This could apply to a few posters over the years too!!:D
Skip and I are a lot alike and I love hearing his comments.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Skip and I are a lot alike and I love hearing his comments.

Yea your widely hated.

Snydertigersrul
11-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Yea your widely hated.

Skip and I can't help it if we know EVERYTHING about sports.

3afan
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
people I disagree with, or who disagree with me, are cool - the more annoying ones are the ones who post wrong facts or cliches (duh - its all about the $)

or the big timer obvious homers - but there are more of those on the 4A board

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Skip and I can't help it if we know EVERYTHING about sports.

Haha yea as in everything that goes on in yalls small worlds.

Astrosdawg07
11-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Haha yea as in everything that goes on in yalls small worlds.

Stownhorse weres the aviator?

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Stownhorse weres the aviator?

Whaa? Avatar?

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Stuart Scott (glass eye guy?) is more annoying He's a cool dude.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 10:08 PM
He's a cool dude.

Yea, I like a laugh when im watching highlights.

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 10:10 PM
I guess it's appropriate that a Snyder poster compares himself to Skip seeing as they both run their mouths with nothing to back up their opinion.:p :p

Just playing Snyder posters...don't get your panties in a wad.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I guess it's appropriate that a Snyder poster compares himself to Skip seeing as they both run their mouths with nothing to back up their opinion.:p :p

Just playing Snyder posters...don't get your panties in a wad.

Total Posts: 2408 (26.53 posts per day) <<<<thats you Go Blue

and you joined in aug of this yr.

Do you have a life my friend?

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Total Posts: 2408 (26.53 posts per day) <<<<thats you Go Blue

and you joined in aug of this yr.

Do you have a life my friend? goals my friend....check pm

BreckTxLonghorn
11-01-2007, 11:48 PM
He said he'd take Vince Young or Jay Cutler over them right now in the cluth. Granted that I love Vince Young as a QB and he is pretty clutch but right now I'd take Brady and Manning over him.

Thats funny, because in 2005 he said Vince Young was the most overrated player in college football. And if I'm correct (and this could be totally wrong) he said Vince would never make it in the NFL with that throwing style.

I met Bill Simmons two years ago at a book signing. He signed my copy (upon my request) 'Skip Bayless is a huge {fill in the blank}'. Enough said.

JR2004
11-01-2007, 11:57 PM

He is more annoying, but Skip isn't far behind.

Bull19
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
bayless is an idiot.....everytime i see him i tell myslelf im gunna give him another try, but once he opens his mouth that goes out the window......he IS the biggest idiot to ever grace the set of espn

i can see him trying to start an argument with a chair, and still when he's done the chair would have looked like it won the argument

Bull19
11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
ON ESPN SKIP JUST SAID HE WOULD RATHER HAVE MIKE LOWELL ON HIS TEAM THAN A-ROD

bigron15
11-20-2007, 01:23 PM

how could u say that?! scott is one of the funniest anchors on ESPN

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
how could u say that?! scott is one of the funniest anchors on ESPN

For us "old folks" when you talk like you're from Compton, CA
and you actually grew up in New Haven, CT it is annoying.:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM

wow...finally, something I agree with from Skip!

Bull19
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
wow...finally, something I agree with from Skip!

wow....you wouldnt want the mvp on your team? youd rather have a old man who's career is about done? after another few years or so

bigron15
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

i guess

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
wow....you wouldnt want the mvp on your team? youd rather have a old man who's career is about done? after another few years or so

Stats aren't everything my friend. I'd rather have a guy who's renowned as a team player and a great presence in the lockerroom than someone who has divided a team everywhere he has been. Lowell has two World Series rings; A-Rod has none despite being on more talented teams than Lowell has been on.

Alex Rodriguez could hit 75 home runs a year and drive in 190 runs, but there is something undeniable about the fact that teams he plays for ALWAYS underachieve.

Bull19
11-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Stats aren't everything my friend. I'd rather have a guy who's renowned as a team player and a great presence in the lockerroom than someone who has divided a team everywhere he has been. Lowell has two World Series rings; A-Rod has none despite being on more talented teams than Lowell has been on.

Alex Rodriguez could hit 75 home runs a year and drive in 190 runs, but there is something undeniable about the fact that teams he plays for ALWAYS underachieve.

a-rod hasnt divided the team in new york. a-rod being on more talented teams? i dont know what you've been watching.

bigron15
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
mariners??? rangers??? man i tell ya..those are some really good teams :D

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
a-rod hasnt divided the team in new york. a-rod being on more talented teams? i dont know what you've been watching.

Florida Marlins 2003 roster started Todd Hollandsworth, Juan Pierre, Alex Gonzalez, Derek Lee (before he was good), Ivan Rodriguez, Luis Castillo, Mike Lowell, Juan Encarnacion/Jeff Conine, and a rookie Miguel Cabrera.

They had a great starting rotation, but the bullpen was anchored by Ugeth Urbina.

The Yankees have had the following players on their teams during most of A-Rod's tenure: Hideki Matsui, Bernie Williams/Johnny Damon, Gary Sheffield/Bobby Abreu, Jason Giambi, Robinson Cano, A-Rod, Jeter, and Jorge Posada, as well as a loaded rotation and Mariano Rivera in the 'pen.

There's no way the 2003 Marlins had even close to the level of talent of ANY Yankees team this decade. I personally believe that the Yankees even had more talent than the Red Sox this year, but I'll admit that you could really go either way on that.

Heck, even go back to the Mariners teams of the late 90s with Griffey, Randy Johnson, Jay Buhner, and Edgar Martinez.
Alex Rodriguez has been surrounded with talent throughout his career and has flopped under pressure time and time again. He's a dividing force in the clubhouse, and while teammates publicly claim to like him, off the record they'll tell you they wish he was gone.

Take it one step further...

The 2000 Mariners went 91-71 with A-rod
In 2001, the Mariners went 116-46 without him (with seemingly far inferior talent).

In 2003, the Rangers went 71-91 with A-rod
In 2004, the Rangers (whom A-rod referred to as 24 kids) went 89-73.

That's an AVERAGE of 21.5 wins that teams A-rod has left have gained the following year with more or less the same teams.

Meanwhile, The Rangers gained exactly two wins from their previous year by adding A-rod. The Yankees finished with exactly the same number of wins as the year before when they added A-rod...so essentially, despite his annual MVP caliber numbers, he's hardly adding anything to the teams that he joins.

To me, all of these numbers speak volumes about A-rod.

(Mike Lowell has left only one team in his career, and the Marlins let go of a few more pieces at the same time, so I'm not going to try to make an unfair comparison there, although the Marlins record decreased when he left.)

bigron15
11-20-2007, 02:38 PM
but u said "more talented TEAMS" that is more than one team. not just one

crzyjournalist03
11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
but u said "more talented TEAMS" that is more than one team. not just one

by teams, I was referring to the rosters year in and year out. I count the 2004 Yankees, 2005 Yankees, 2006 Yankees, and 2007 Yankees as seperate teams, and I personally believe that each of those teams had more talent than ANY of the teams Mike Lowell has played for with the possible exception of the 2007 Red Sox.

JR2004
11-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

You're right. It's annoying. :)

JR2004
11-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Skip is a moron. I'll pass on a guy going into his declining years and take the MVP any day of the week. Lowell's agent should get an even bigger cut for getting Boston to pay him that kind of money.

g$$
11-20-2007, 04:35 PM
How does this guy still have a job at ESPN?

Because he stirs the pot & gets people going. That is why. I don't care for him one bit, but he polarizes people & generates interest like that. He's been around a long time as a writer & on tv too.

g$$
11-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Florida Marlins 2003 roster started Todd Hollandsworth, Juan Pierre, Alex Gonzalez, Derek Lee (before he was good), Ivan Rodriguez, Luis Castillo, Mike Lowell, Juan Encarnacion/Jeff Conine, and a rookie Miguel Cabrera.

They had a great starting rotation, but the bullpen was anchored by Ugeth Urbina.

The Yankees have had the following players on their teams during most of A-Rod's tenure: Hideki Matsui, Bernie Williams/Johnny Damon, Gary Sheffield/Bobby Abreu, Jason Giambi, Robinson Cano, A-Rod, Jeter, and Jorge Posada, as well as a loaded rotation and Mariano Rivera in the 'pen.

There's no way the 2003 Marlins had even close to the level of talent of ANY Yankees team this decade. I personally believe that the Yankees even had more talent than the Red Sox this year, but I'll admit that you could really go either way on that.

Heck, even go back to the Mariners teams of the late 90s with Griffey, Randy Johnson, Jay Buhner, and Edgar Martinez.
Alex Rodriguez has been surrounded with talent throughout his career and has flopped under pressure time and time again. He's a dividing force in the clubhouse, and while teammates publicly claim to like him, off the record they'll tell you they wish he was gone.

Take it one step further...

The 2000 Mariners went 91-71 with A-rod
In 2001, the Mariners went 116-46 without him (with seemingly far inferior talent).

In 2003, the Rangers went 71-91 with A-rod
In 2004, the Rangers (whom A-rod referred to as 24 kids) went 89-73.

That's an AVERAGE of 21.5 wins that teams A-rod has left have gained the following year with more or less the same teams.

Meanwhile, The Rangers gained exactly two wins from their previous year by adding A-rod. The Yankees finished with exactly the same number of wins as the year before when they added A-rod...so essentially, despite his annual MVP caliber numbers, he's hardly adding anything to the teams that he joins.

To me, all of these numbers speak volumes about A-rod.

(Mike Lowell has left only one team in his career, and the Marlins let go of a few more pieces at the same time, so I'm not going to try to make an unfair comparison there, although the Marlins record decreased when he left.)

Great post. A-Rod is a stat guy not a winner. Never has been either. #s back that up.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Basically A-Rod has been a hit a 3 run homer in a 5 run game kinda guy most of his career, he just never truly shines in the big moment

crzyjournalist03
11-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Great post. A-Rod is a stat guy not a winner. Never has been either. #s back that up.

It's amazing how arguments on this board seem to die down when presented with facts, isn't it? :devil: ;)

3afan
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
stephen a smith is worse than bayless ... yesterday he was tryng to defend barry binds, he made an arse of himself

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I truly enjoy Skip Bayless on TV. He's really good for ratings.