PDA

View Full Version : everything but the caldwell/navasota game

old33
10-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Can Giddings throw the ball ?

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by old33
Can Giddings throw the ball ? Why would ya when your winning doing what you do.

Bull19
10-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Ok, from what I have been told, you have to anchor the inflatable into the ground. Navasota has artificial turf, so, anchoring an inflatable is not possible.

Navasota's biggest rival is and always will be Brenham. They were embarrased by the whipping Navasota put on them in the Astrodome in 2003. When the Cubs get enough guts to play us again, the tradition will continue. I can't believe we haven't played them since that game.

brenham wont play yall because they dont gain anything out of it.....if they were to lose which i highly doubt that lose so much respect in the polls, etc. and if they win they gain nothing by beating an average 3a team

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
brenham wont play yall because they dont gain anything out of it.....if they were to lose which i highly doubt that lose so much respect in the polls, etc. and if they win they gain nothing by beating an average 3a team

exact same reason Giddings never plays Lexington...its a lose lose situation

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Does Navasota have an inflatable? Maybe they don't want anyone bringing them to their field if they don't have one to put up...NOT BASHING, just asking!

No, but from my close ties to the Rattler Booster Club, I do know that it is very easy to get one for the team if the Coaches from Navasota wanted to have one. I think they elected not to have one, atleast at this time.

gtownfan
10-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Based on Texas Bob, Hutto has natural grass. But, that can be wrong.

Hutto got their turf this year!! So Texas Bob might not be up to date!

RattlerDude
10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
I noticed that Giddings brings the whole town with them when they go on the road, which is a very good thing. Will Caldwell bring that many people with them?

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Hutto got their turf this year!! So Texas Bob might not be up to date!

Aight, well I guess NISD is just jealous. LOL .....Joking Everyone!:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
no joke...we got there in our motor home at 530 and there were already 50 at the gates...

Hey, I saw you in the motor home. And yes, you were there early.

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey, I saw you in the motor home. And yes, you were there early.

LOL..It's hard to miss all 45 ft of it, but had to bring it because we went tO Waco straight from there...

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:46 AM

Some average team huh? We beat them 50-23 the last time we played them. They were ranked in 4A at them time. It goes beyong thinking that you would gain or not gain anything from it. That's the purpose of playing the game. I am sure that they (Brenham) thought the same thing. That is why that 'average 3a team' put 50 points on them. Texas plays Texas A&M every year. Recently, Texas has dominated the series. So, should Texas stop playing against their rival school simply because they think that they will win or not gain anything from it? NO! I am sure that your average 3A team has a rival school. When your average 3A team is having a bad year, do you think that they shouldn't play the entire season or against their rival because the other teams will not gain anything from it? I think not. And, based on your comments and how you put down other teams, I think that your average 3A team is having a bad year. LOL

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
LOL..It's hard to miss all 45 ft of it, but had to bring it because we went tO Waco straight from there...

I was really impressed. I had a flashback from college seeing a motor home at a football game.

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
what he was saying is that Navasota has everything to gain by that game, for reasons you just mentioned, and Brenham can only lose...

IF they lose, everyone says "OOOO, you lost to a mediocre/good 3A team.

If they win, "Yay you beat a 3A team", and if they only beat them by say 7 or a field goal, "You only beat us by 7? Yall Suck"

coming from a former players point of view

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I was really impressed. I had a flashback from college seeing a motor home at a football game.

We actually had 2!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:51 AM
We actually had 2!!

Oh yeah? I bet traveling like that is awesome. Especially during the playoffs.

Bull19
10-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Some average team huh? We beat them 50-23 the last time we played them. They were ranked in 4A at them time. It goes beyong thinking that you would gain or not gain anything from it. That's the purpose of playing the game. I am sure that they (Brenham) thought the same thing. That is why that 'average 3a team' put 50 points on them. Texas plays Texas A&M every year. Recently, Texas has dominated the series. So, should Texas stop playing against their rival school simply because they think that they will win or not gain anything from it? NO! I am sure that your average 3A team has a rival school. When your average 3A team is having a bad year, do you think that they shouldn't play the entire season or against their rival because the other teams will not gain anything from it? I think not. And, based on your comments and how you put down other teams, I think that your average 3A team is having a bad year. LOL

you seriously cant be trying to have an argument with me on this subject???? it shows how little you know....

as far as bellville goes, im proly one of the most negative posters about them on here, if i remember correctly before the season even started i said bellville would be very lucky if they made the playoffs, so its not like i've been tooting their horn this year.

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh yeah? I bet traveling like that is awesome. Especially during the playoffs.

helps with the whole "no alcoholic beverages at school functions thing"...not that it implies to me..

LH Giddings game last year i bet there were 8 or so...

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
r
you seriously cant be trying to have an argument with me on this subject???? it shows how little you know....

as far as bellville goes, im proly one of the most negative posters about them on here, if i remember correctly before the season even started i said bellville would be very lucky if they made the playoffs, so its not like i've been tooting their horn this year.

Actually, I had no idea that 'Bellville' is your team of choice. They are down this year. However, true fans don't put their team down because of that reason. And, yes, you are very negative. In fact, you are the most negative person that I have seen on here. Of course, to you that may be a compliment. This is high school sports. Your negativity is not wanted nor needed.

The only point that I was stressing is that Brenham is our Rival school. Whether we share the same distrtict or BHS is 4A and NHS is 3A, we are still rival schools. We are about 20 miles from each other. Many of their students who are from Washington, practically live in Navasota. Thus, we know each other personally. Brenham has not always been a power 4A program. When I was in high school at NHS from 1995-1999, We were in the same district with Brenham. Navasota was 3-1 against the Cubs during that span.

Your argument is pointless, factless, and ignorant to say the least.

Bull19
10-30-2007, 12:27 PM
r

Actually, I had no idea that 'Bellville' is your team of choice. They are down this year. However, true fans don't put their team down because of that reason. And, yes, you are very negative. In fact, you are the most negative person that I have seen on here. Of course, to you that may be a compliment. This is high school sports. Your negativity is not wanted nor needed.

The only point that I was stressing is that Brenham is our Rival school. Whether we share the same distrtict or BHS is 4A and NHS is 3A, we are still rival schools. We are about 20 miles from each other. Many of their students who are from Washington, practically live in Navasota. Thus, we know each other personally. Brenham has not always been a power 4A program. When I was in high school at NHS from 1995-1999, We were in the same district with Brenham. Navasota was 3-1 against the Cubs during that span.

Your argument is pointless, factless, and ignorant to say the least.

since you been on this board for only two months you have no idea about how i support the brahmas, i dont put them down, i post facts........

once again you continue to ramble about navasota and brenham, hard to be rivals when they dont play each other, you are embarrising youself on that subject, you dont need any help from me

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 12:27 PM

And I'm guessing you know so much? Brenham is an average 4A team, at best!

Bull19
10-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
And I'm guessing you know so much? Brenham is an average 4A team, at best!

another ignorant post by another rattler,,brenham is 6-2 on the year and 4-0 in district, their two loses have been by a combined total of 3 points. ranked #24 by dctf

whats navasota ranked in 3a?

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 12:39 PM
another ignorant post by another rattler,,brenham is 6-2 on the year and 4-0 in district, their two loses have been by a combined total of 3 points. ranked #24 by dctf

whats navasota ranked in 3a?

They're ranked anywhere from 14-17, depending on the poll...And how are you going to call me ignorant? Who has Brenham beat that is not average just like them? Just because they're 6-2 doesn't make them good...You're Navasota is average, yet Navasota is 6-2 as well, just like Brenham.

buff4life
10-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
I'm really sorry I didn't get to meet ya... I went to the score board at half time but meet up with a friend from Austin... then Burnt Orange Hornet 86 showed up and we couldn't tell if anyone was getting together (I already knew that pirate4state & company were not coming down)... I even called out "Anyone with the Downlow?"... no one answered back (I did get one guy looking at me as if I'd lost my mind)... finally BOH86 walked a little further but still didn't find anyone... a few other Caldwell posters came up and asked about the M&G but we all finally gave up and went back to our seats...

me, Casey, buff4ever, Darren, and buffalo2006 were standing right by the gate talking to a sheriff for most of halftime, and casey walked over and said he didnt' see anyone, shame...

CHS_Grad '85
10-30-2007, 01:25 PM
me, Casey, buff4ever, Darren, and buffalo2006 were standing right by the gate talking to a sheriff for most of halftime, and casey walked over and said he didnt' see anyone, shame... I had meet Casey up in the stands so I knew him but I didn't see him down at the scoreboard... I should have paid better attention...

buff4life
10-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
I had meet Casey up in the stands so I knew him but I didn't see him down at the scoreboard... I should have paid better attention...

he's a small guy, hard to miss LOL..jk Casey

CHS_Grad '85
10-30-2007, 01:26 PM
he's a small guy, hard to miss LOL..jk Casey :clap: :D

Darren
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
me, Casey, buff4ever, Darren, and buffalo2006 were standing right by the gate talking to a sheriff for most of halftime, and casey walked over and said he didnt' see anyone, shame...

I guess I missed talking to Buffalo2006

buff4life
10-30-2007, 02:45 PM
now HE's hard to miss, unlike Casey

Darren
10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Does he play D3 ball?

buff4life
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Does he play D3 ball?

nope...he's a Buccaneer now...

Darren
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
nope...he's a Buccaneer now...

Well then its not who I was thinking of.

Its sad shen you don't even know who some of the Giddings posters are.

I guess I'll find out eventually..

buff4life
10-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Well then its not who I was thinking of.

Its sad shen you don't even know who some of the Giddings posters are.

I guess I'll find out eventually..

i think you were right...

Bull19
10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
They're ranked anywhere from 14-17, depending on the poll...And how are you going to call me ignorant? Who has Brenham beat that is not average just like them? Just because they're 6-2 doesn't make them good...You're Navasota is average, yet Navasota is 6-2 as well, just like Brenham.

SRRY BUT THEY (NAVASOTA) ARENT EVEN IN THE TOP 25...DCTF

WHO HAS NAVASOTA BEAT THAT IS NOT AVERAGE JUST LIKE THEM?

IF NAVASOTA BEATS CALDWELL I WILL START TO GIVE THEM SOME MORE CREDIT, BUT AS OF TODAY THEY HAVENT DONE TO MUCH TO DESERVE TO BE LABELED AS AN ELITE 3A PROGRAM. OR TO BE RANKED IN THE TOP 15.

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 05:01 PM
SRRY BUT THEY (NAVASOTA) ARENT EVEN IN THE TOP 25...DCTF

WHO HAS NAVASOTA BEAT THAT IS NOT AVERAGE JUST LIKE THEM?

IF NAVASOTA BEATS CALDWELL I WILL START TO GIVE THEM SOME MORE CREDIT, BUT AS OF TODAY THEY HAVENT DONE TO MUCH TO DESERVE TO BE LABELED AS AN ELITE 3A PROGRAM. OR TO BE RANKED IN THE TOP 15.

Well look at the polls on this website, and you will see what I am talking about.

Maybe Navasota hasn't done anything to deserve your credit (in fact they could win state, and you'd still be bashing them), but Brenham has certainly done nothing more in 4A than Navasota has in 3A

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Maybe the loser of this games fans will shut up for a while.

Bull19
10-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Well look at the polls on this website, and you will see what I am talking about.

Maybe Navasota hasn't done anything to deserve your credit (in fact they could win state, and you'd still be bashing them), but Brenham has certainly done nothing more in 4A than Navasota has in 3A

THE POLL FOR THIS SITE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A HOMER POLL.

IF THEY WON STATE ID BE VERY HAPPY FOR THEM, GOOD FOR THE TOWN, SCHOOL, DISTRICT,ETC. BUT SERIOUSLY BE REALISTIC.

I NEVER SAID BRENHAM HAS DONE MORE IN 4A THAN NAVASOTA HAS IN 3A. DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH, BUT OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS OR SO BRENHAM HAS PUT UP BETTER NUMBERS, PLAY-OFF APPEREANCES, HOW DEEP THEY HAVE GONE, ETC IN FOOTBALL COMPARED TO NAVASOTA. THATS A FACT

Hornet Mom 2
10-30-2007, 05:08 PM

IF THEY WON STATE ID BE VERY HAPPY FOR THEM, GOOD FOR THE TOWN, SCHOOL, DISTRICT,ETC. BUT SERIOUSLY BE REALISTIC.

I NEVER SAID BRENHAM HAS DONE MORE IN 4A THAN NAVASOTA HAS IN 3A. DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH, BUT OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS OR SO BRENHAM HAS PUT UP BETTER NUMBERS, PLAY-OFF APPEREANCES, HOW DEEP THEY HAVE GONE, ETC IN FOOTBALL COMPARED TO NAVASOTA. THATS A FACT

LOL! I thought this was a CALDWELL/NAVASOTA thread! :thinking:

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 05:11 PM

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I'm just saying that Navasota is not just a average 3A program...Yeah, they had a couple of bad years, but now the kids in the football program are rolling again.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I'm just saying that Navasota is not just a average 3A program...Yeah, they had a couple of bad years, but now the kids in the football program are rolling again. They are in fact an average football team and to think otherwise is absurd. One state title appearance and that was in 1988 and they lost 42-8 to Southlake Carroll. The last time you got pass the bi-district playoff game was 1996.

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
They are in fact an average football team and to think otherwise is absurd. One state title appearance and that was in 1988 and they lost 42-8 to Southlake Carroll. The last time you got pass the bi-district playoff game was 1996.

Nevermind, I don't think you get what I'm saying.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 05:58 PM
They are in fact an average football team and to think otherwise is absurd. One state title appearance and that was in 1988 and they lost 42-8 to Southlake Carroll. The last time you got pass the bi-district playoff game was 1996.

What does that make Rockdale?:rolleyes:

Bull19
10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
What does that make Rockdale?:rolleyes:

i believe he is agreeing with me when i called them average

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 06:05 PM

You just can't look at a teams last 5 years just because those where the years that they were good. LOL, you really crack me up! For those out there thinking that we need validation for YOU that the Rattlers are good, we don't. "Beat Caldwell and I may begin to give them more credit." Exactly who are you and why do the Rattlers need approval from you?

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
i believe he is agreeing with me when i called them average

If you are referring to me, then no I don't agree at all.

Bull19
10-30-2007, 06:08 PM
You just can't look at a teams last 5 years just because those where the years that they were good. LOL, you really crack me up! For those out there thinking that we need validation for YOU that the Rattlers are good, we don't. "Beat Caldwell and I may begin to give them more credit." Exactly who are you and why do the Rattlers need approval from you?

none of those post were directed to you

and we were talking bout my opinion so it validates what i was saying...it was an a and b conversation, so c your way out of it

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 06:09 PM

and we were talking bout my opinion so it validates what i was saying...it was an a and b conversation, so c your way out of it

Chill. I was just making sure.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 06:10 PM
since you been on this board for only two months you have no idea about how i support the brahmas, i dont put them down, i post facts........

once again you continue to ramble about navasota and brenham, hard to be rivals when they dont play each other, you are embarrising youself on that subject, you dont need any help from me

FIY, Brenham and Navasota have played each other every year except for the past 4 years. For some reason, they haven't played each other. That still doesn't mean that Brenham isn't Navasota's biggest rival. Any body in the area with good sense knows that Brenham is Navasota's biggest rival.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 06:11 PM

I believe you were referring to the Navasota Rattlers. That is my business!

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Bull19, find a Bellville thread to post on. You must be still upset that we beat the Brahmas. Too bad, better luck next year.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 07:13 PM
What does that make Rockdale?:rolleyes: What does Rockdale have to do with the arrogance of Navasota posters?

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 07:14 PM
You just can't look at a teams last 5 years just because those where the years that they were good. LOL, you really crack me up! For those out there thinking that we need validation for YOU that the Rattlers are good, we don't. "Beat Caldwell and I may begin to give them more credit." Exactly who are you and why do the Rattlers need approval from you? Look at the team history Navasota is barely over .500 win %. They have talent this year but they also had loads of talent in '04 also where they were one and done against Caldwell.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Why would you guys want to play Brenham? They would blow yall out by 40+ with their 4a numbers and how well they compete on that level to your 3a numbers and how yall compete on the 3a level.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 08:43 PM
What does Rockdale have to do with the arrogance of Navasota posters?

Call it arrogance all you want. But when you talk foolishly like you have about the Rattlers, we must defend our team. You sit there and talk down about a Rattler team as if you played for the likes of S.L Carroll, Katy, La Marque, Sealy, Celina, etc.. Teams that have proven that they were the best. I see that you are in the Rockdale area. What has Rockdale done to show that they are the best? Have you ever played in 4A against the likes of Brenham, Conroe schools, La Marque, Kilgore, etc? No! Have you ever played Brenham? No! What is Rockdale's winning %? I guess that is all irrelavent if you don't bring home a championship. Has Rockdale ever played in a championship game? How far has Rockdale ever advanced? As far as Navasota's winning %, you have to look at the whole picture. But, I guess that you are too simple minded. That would be asking for way too much.

Yes, Caldwell beat us in 04'. In fact, they beat us last season also...So did Coldspring, Hempstead, Bellville, Giddings, La Grange and Madisonville. What's your point? What does that have to do with 2007? As far a Brenham blowing us out, well, that could be easily determined on the field.

Now Go Blue, focus your attention on the Rockdale Tigers, not Navasota. BTW, I see that the two time Navasota did play Rockdale, the Rattlers were victorious both times, 30-24 and 28-0.

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Why would you guys want to play Brenham? They would blow yall out by 40+ with their 4a numbers and how well they compete on that level to your 3a numbers and how yall compete on the 3a level.

First of all, high school football is all about (or at least used to be) playing the towns around, about playing down the highway or across town. That's how these rivalries were formed. Since when does a rivalry become pointless just because one team is worried about their image rather than tradition? I think it is pointless to rid of tradition just because of current circumstances. If it were that way, then why would Navasota play Hempstead every year? Its not like Navasota has anything to gain. Its because of the local tradition rooted into that game...It shouldn't matter whether a team is 2A, 3A, or 4A; tradition is tradition, it was there before these divisions, and current circumstance should not dictate whether one rival school plays another.

Secondly, I don't know how we got on the subject of Benham, but we all should get back to talking about Navasota and Caldwell, since that is what this thread is about.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Call it arrogance all you want. But when you talk foolishly like you have about the Rattlers, we must defend our team. You sit there and talk down about a Rattler team as if you played for the likes of S.L Carroll, Katy, La Marque, Sealy, Celina, etc.. Teams that have proven that they were the best. I see that you are in the Rockdale area. What has Rockdale done to show that they are the best? Have you ever played in 4A against the likes of Brenham, Conroe schools, La Marque, Kilgore, etc? No! Have you ever played Brenham? No! What is Rockdale's winning %? I guess that is all irrelavent if you don't bring home a championship. Has Rockdale ever played in a championship game? How far has Rockdale ever advanced? As far as Navasota's winning %, you have to look at the whole picture. But, I guess that you are too simple minded that that would be asking for way too much.

Yes, Caldwell beat us in 04'. In fact, they beat us last season also...So did Coldspring, Hempstead, Bellville, Giddings, La Grange and Madisonville. What's your point? What does that have to do with 2008? As far a Brenham blowing us out, well, that could be easily determined on the field.

Now Go Blue, focus your attention on the Rockdale Tigers, not Navasota. BTW, I see that the two time Navasota did play Rockdale, the Rattlers were victorious both times, 30-24 and 28-0. I never speak of Rockdale as a power. I was just bringing you guys down to earth.

Through the 2006 season:
Navasota winning % - .5195
Rockdale winning % - .5221
Slightly better. Not to mention Rockdale has been down the past two years and only have 5 victories total prior to this year.

In Rockdale's history we have a PVIL State Championship team(1955 Aycock's Tigers)
We have a UIL state championship team(1976)
A state championship appearance(1962)

Rockdale has played with the likes of Humble, Round Rock, and other big 5a's back before growth was evident in those cities so therefore that argument is a mute point. As you have lost enrollment numbers so therefore you do not play with the likes of Brenham, Kilgore, and those teams anymore also.

You say what does it have to do with 2008 well sir this is 2007.

Once again I don't claim Rockdale to be good because we are just average....you guys are the ones talking as if your team is the SLC and Celina's of Texas high school football.

There is a reason why Brenham does not play you. They are a 4a power and they have nothing to gain by spanking a 3a team.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 09:02 PM
First of all, high school football is all about (or at least used to be) playing the towns around, about playing down the highway or across town. That's how these rivalries were formed. Since when does a rivalry become pointless just because one team is worried about their image rather than tradition? I think it is pointless to rid of tradition just because of current circumstances. If it were that way, then why would Navasota play Hempstead every year? Its not like Navasota has anything to gain. Its because of the local tradition rooted into that game...It shouldn't matter whether a team is 2A, 3A, or 4A; tradition is tradition, it was there before these divisions, and current circumstance should not dictate whether one rival school plays another.

Secondly, I don't know how we got on the subject of Benham, but we all should get back to talking about Navasota and Caldwell, since that is what this thread is about. But when a team like Brenham grows into the power they have in 4a they lose interest in playing small town ball with nothing to gain from it. Them beating up on a smaller team does nothing for them in the state rankings which in the end is all that matters to teams.

Would you want Navasota to play a 2a team like Hearne?

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 09:04 PM
But when a team like Brenham grows into the power they have in 4a they lose interest in playing small town ball with nothing to gain from it.

I think you obviously didn't read what I wrote, or a least not throughly; otherwise you would have seen that is the issue I addressed.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I think you obviously didn't read what I wrote, or a least not throughly; otherwise you would have seen that is the issue I addressed. I read what you wrote but I am making a point that it is pointless for Brenham to waste time on a 3a team like yall.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:08 PM
I never speak of Rockdale as a power. I was just bringing you guys down to earth.

Through the 2006 season:
Navasota winning % - .5195
Rockdale winning % - .5221
Slightly better. Not to mention Rockdale has been down the past two years and only have 5 victories total prior to this year.

In Rockdale's history we have a PVIL State Championship team(1955 Aycock's Tigers)
We have a UIL state championship team(1976)
A state championship appearance(1962)

Rockdale has played with the likes of Humble, Round Rock, and other big 5a's back before growth was evident in those cities so therefore that argument is a mute point. As you have lost enrollment numbers so therefore you do not play with the likes of Brenham, Kilgore, and those teams anymore also.

You say what does it have to do with 2008 well sir this is 2007.

Once again I don't claim Rockdale to be good because we are just average....you guys are the ones talking as if your team is the SLC and Celina's of Texas high school football.

There is a reason why Brenham does not play you. They are a 4a power and they have nothing to gain by spanking a 3a team.

Okay, so who are you to 'bring' someone down to Earth? You talk about playing Humble, etc....the key was before their growth. Who have you played lately. Plus, growth doesn't have anything with who you play. If the two parties decide to play, then there you have it. The score doesn't lie homeboy. Navasota 50, Brenham 23. BTW, that was in 2004.....

End of discussion.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
I read what you wrote but I am making a point that it is pointless for Brenham to waste time on a 3a team like yall.

And like I said, what does that say for Rockdale? Oh, I forgot that they are the defending 1970 something UIL champions. Was that in 1A?

Rattlesnake_08
I read what you wrote but I am making a point that it is pointless for Brenham to waste time on a 3a team like yall.

Well...Until we play Brenham again and lose, I think it is pointless to talk about how they would be wasting their time playing a 3A team like us. Judging by the last score I would say Navasota wasted their time with Brenham if anything. 50-23.

Bull19
maybe if navasota was a powerhouse, brenham would consider playing yall , but until navasota wins district championship after district championship, consecutive playoff apperances, etc......brenham will never think of playing a 3a team of yalls caliber

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Well...Until we play Brenham again and lose, I think it is pointless to talk about how they would be wasting their time playing a 3A team like us. Judging by the last score I would say Navasota wasted their time with Brenham if anything. 50-23.

Exactly! Rockdale try going up against Killeen or even Brenham. Let's see how the Tigers fair.

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
maybe if navasota was a powerhouse, brenham would consider playing yall , but until navasota wins district championship after district championship, consecutive playoff apperances, etc......brenham will never think of playing a 3a team of yalls caliber

How about you go back to Bellville and look at the caliber of y'all's powerhouse? Oh yeah, it got blown over.

Bull19
10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Exactly! Rockdale try going up against Killeen or even Brenham. Let's see how the Tigers fair.

rockdale has nothing to do with this conversation

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Well, if we share the same district again, I guess they will have no other choice. I guess that is the same reason that they have never scheduled a regular season game against Bellville. They are only, what, 15 miles apart or so?

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2007, 09:15 PM
LOL! What game is this week? :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

Bull19
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Well, if we share the same district again, I guess they will have no other choice. I guess that is the same reason that they have never scheduled a regular season game against Bellville. They are only, what, 15 miles apart or so?

once again it goes back to them gaining nothing by playing bellville....geez can you not sink that into your head???

and bellville does scrimmage them every year

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:17 PM
rockdale has nothing to do with this conversation

Rockdale has everything to do with this convo jack. I mean, its like calling the kettle black. Let me poke at another team. But, my team is eliminated from the convo....GET REAL! Navasota had nothing to do with him. He made it his business to down the Rattlers. If you can't stand the bites, stay out of the pit!

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Okay, so who are you to 'bring' someone down to Earth? You talk about playing Humble, etc....the key was before their growth. Who have you played lately. Plus, growth doesn't have anything with who you play. If the two parties decide to play, then there you have it. The score doesn't lie homeboy. Navasota 50, Brenham 23. BTW, that was in 2004.....

End of discussion. You, on cloud 9, Navasota fans. There is an old saying that goes like this, "Act like you've been there before." You should really learn it and come down to earth. Growth has everything to do with who you play. There is a reason why 3a teams don't play Round Rock's, Southlake Carroll's, and La Marque's because of their growth! Those teams would completely destroy any 3a team regardless of how talented a fan thinks their 3a team is.

You guys didn't even play Brenham in 2004. You beat them by that score in 2003.

Since 1998...your scores against Brenham:
1998 20-7 Navasota
1999 28-42 Brenham
2000 0-14 Brenham
2001 6-56 Brenham
2002 7-30 Brenham
2003 50-23 Navasota

In that 5 game span when yall had 4a numbers you were 1-4 against them then in 2003 yall came back to 3a and beat them bringing your record over that 6 year span against them to a dominating 2-4. Since 2003 Brenham has since grown into a dominant force in 4a and find it not longer neccassary to waste their time playing an average 3a opponent in navasota.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
once again it goes back to them gaining nothing by playing bellville....geez can you not sink that into your head???

I said regular season, not scrimmage. Those are not the same...Get it? Good!

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
And like I said, what does that say for Rockdale? Oh, I forgot that they are the defending 1970 something UIL champions. Was that in 1A? 2a which was then the equivalent of class 3a now days ;)

Our state titles are more than Navasota has!

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:19 PM
You, on cloud 9, Navasota fans. There is an old saying that goes like this, "Act like you've been there before." You should really learn it and come down to earth. Growth has everything to do with who you play. There is a reason why 3a teams don't play Round Rock's, Southlake Carroll's, and La Marque's because of their growth! Those teams would completely destroy any 3a team regardless of how talented a fan thinks their 3a team is.

You guys didn't even play Brenham in 2004. You beat them by that score in 2003.

Since 1998...your scores against Brenham:
1998 20-7 Navasota
1999 28-42 Brenham
2000 0-14 Brenham
2001 6-56 Brenham
2002 7-30 Brenham
2003 50-23 Navasota

In that 5 game span when yall had 4a numbers you were 1-4 against them then in 2003 yall came back to 3a and beat them bringing your record over that 6 year span against them to a dominating 2-4. Since 2003 Brenham has since grown into a dominant force in 4a and find it not longer neccassary to waste their time playing an average 3a opponent in navasota.

Try going back to 1995////

Rattlesnake_08

Why would a high school football team not schedue a game just because they have nothing to gain from it. This isn't collegiate football or the NFL, this is freakin' HIGH SCHOOL. On this level its about the community and keeping in with the local tradition.

Old Tiger
Exactly! Rockdale try going up against Killeen or even Brenham. Let's see how the Tigers fair. As said before those teams would gain nothing from playing us.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:20 PM
2a which was then the equivalent of class 3a now days ;)

Our state titles are more than Navasota has!

You are absolutely right sir.....

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:20 PM
As said before those teams would gain nothing from playing us.

So, are you admitting that your Rockdale team is worthless?

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Try going back to 1995//// You asked...

1995 34-52 Brenham
1996 35-7 Navasota
1997 35-32 Navasota

Yup still a losing record to them ;)

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Besides its not like Brenham is a super-metropolitian area.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 09:23 PM
So, are you admitting that your Rockdale team is worthless? Not saying that at all and I was never saying that about Navasota but 4a schools have no reason to play average 3a teams because they have nothing to gain from it. WO-S plays 4a teams because WO-S is a damn good 3a team.

Bull19
10-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Why would a high school football team not schedue a game just because they have nothing to gain from it. This isn't collegiate football or the NFL, this is freakin' HIGH SCHOOL. On this level its about the community and keeping in with the local tradition.

because they have nothing to gain, but everything to lose..thats why

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 09:32 PM
You asked...

1995 34-52 Brenham
1996 35-7 Navasota
1997 35-32 Navasota

Yup still a losing record to them ;)

Brenham 5 wins to Navasota's 4....I don't think that is so bad. I mean since we are only an average 3a team and Brenham has nothing to gain.....

Point proven.....I am not here to put any one's team down at all. The point that I am trying to make is that this is high school sports. High school sports have been built around traditions. These same traditions include playing rival schools....you know, the Bryan vs A&M Consolidated, even when Consol. were in 4a, Rockdale vs Cameron, or Navasota vs Brenham....So, if Cameron were ever to go 4a and become a power, should they stop playing Rockdale? NO! That's the fun of it all. The David vs the Goliaths....The big school versus the small school....the power house vs the average team.....No Navasota hasn't won a championship in football just yet, but hey, we have never shyed away from playing a team simply because their school was larger or they felt that they had nothing to gain by playing them.....This is high school. There is always something that a team can learn no matter the level of competition......

Good Luck to Navasota, Bellville and Rockdale....BTW, Rockdale, I am pulling for you guys....You have worked hard this year and you deserve to be in the playoffs....Good luck in the final two weeks and the playoffs!

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Brenham 5 wins to Navasota's 4....I don't think that is so bad. I mean since we are only an average 3a team and Brenham has nothing to gain.....

Point proven.....I am not here to put any one's team down at all. The point that I am trying to make is that this is high school sports. High school sports have been built around traditions. These same traditions include playing rival schools....you know, the Bryan vs A&M Consolidated, even when Consol. were in 4a, Rockdale vs Cameron, or Navasota vs Brenham....So, if Cameron were ever to go 4a and become a power, should they stop playing Rockdale? NO! That's the fun of it all. The David vs the Goliaths....The big school versus the small school....the power house vs the average team.....No Navasota hasn't won a championship in football just yet, but hey, we have never shyed away from playing a team simply because their school was larger or they felt that they had nothing to gain by playing them.....This is high school. There is always something that a team can learn no matter the level of competition......

Good Luck to Navasota, Bellville and Rockdale....BTW, Rockdale, I am pulling for you guys....You have worked hard this year and you deserve to be in the playoffs....Good luck in the final two weeks and the playoffs! From 1995-2001 yall were both 4a teams. From 2001-2003 Yall were borderline 3a/4a like in an example I'll say below. That is why yall still played them.

Cameron is shrinking, not growing, and when they were 2a in years past we still played but they were borderline 3a/2a.

It's plain and simple why teams with larger enrollments in 4a don't play teams with smaller enrollments such as 3a teams.
Enrollment Numbers Taken In 2006:
Brenham - 1596
Navasota - 788
Brenham has almost double your enrollment numbers. Navasota has probablyt 130 come out for football practice on all levels when a school with the enrollment of Brenham could have 300+ come out for football on all high school levels thus giving them more of a selection of athletes than Navasota can produce. Instead of having 1 or two studs on the team such as Navasota they can produce 10-20 studs on the team making Navasota severely overmatched. AND that is why Brenham and Navasota no longer play :)

Hornet Mom 2
10-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Ok not trying to step on any toes here, but the Brenham/Navasota thread needs to be somewhere else. This is the Caldwell/Navasota thread!

It's gonna be a great game. Two good teams battling it out for a much needed win!

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Ok not trying to step on any toes here, ouch my pinky toe nail :( just playing:D :p

Rattlesnake_08
10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
I agree. Who cares about Brenham? We are playing Caldwell! Gonna get them back for last year and for 04-05

I think just 2004, I'm not sure what happened in 2005, that we need to get back them for.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2007, 02:45 PM
From 1995-2001 yall were both 4a teams. From 2001-2003 Yall were borderline 3a/4a like in an example I'll say below. That is why yall still played them.

Cameron is shrinking, not growing, and when they were 2a in years past we still played but they were borderline 3a/2a.

It's plain and simple why teams with larger enrollments in 4a don't play teams with smaller enrollments such as 3a teams.
Enrollment Numbers Taken In 2006:
Brenham - 1596
Navasota - 788
Brenham has almost double your enrollment numbers. Navasota has probablyt 130 come out for football practice on all levels when a school with the enrollment of Brenham could have 300+ come out for football on all high school levels thus giving them more of a selection of athletes than Navasota can produce. Instead of having 1 or two studs on the team such as Navasota they can produce 10-20 studs on the team making Navasota severely overmatched. AND that is why Brenham and Navasota no longer play :)

Actaully we have been playing Brenham for over 80 years until the 2005 season.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2007, 02:52 PM
But, hey I am done with that....Sorry ya guys.....Navasota vs Caldwell is the item on the agenda...lol...Like I was saying....everyone please tell everyone that you know to come prepared Friday. Be there at kickoff. Bring your white towels. And, if possible, bring a cow bell since air horns are not allowed.

Bull19
10-31-2007, 06:37 PM
They all do that at some point in time.

no they dont.

and she wouldnt not be taking personal shots?????

buff4ever
10-31-2007, 10:53 PM
I am glad that I have a lasting effect on you proudhornetmom; but I think that you got me confused with buff4life. He copied my name if you know what I mean.

No matter the war, or the words exchanged on the field in a war, that is unacceptable. I only lost a few times in my day, but when I did it never crossed my mind not to shake hands; except for the wish I didn't have to. The fact is you do it, whether you want to or not. I know he was probably disappointed in the outcome and probably even his own performance. Sulk later, shake hands now...that has to be installed in him.

I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS HAPPENING. THAT IS TOO BAD, a sour note at the end of a great battle.

ProudHornetMom
10-31-2007, 10:57 PM
See, this thread has caused me to confuse the Buffs. Sorry about that. I'll get it straight.

Thanks for the heads up on Navasota seating. Guess we'll leave extra early and wait.

Hornet Mom 2
10-31-2007, 11:05 PM
no they dont.

and she wouldnt not be taking personal shots?????

Be sure you include the entire post, not just the part you want to take a "shot" at. I said, "Good kid, bad decision. They all do that at some point in time. Hopefully he will learn from it." I was talking about making a bad decision, and yes they all do it, and hopefully he will learn from it.

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 12:40 AM
73 yds last week...

Great job by Giddings' defense. What does Cantu have for the season?

buff4life
11-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I am glad that I have a lasting effect on you proudhornetmom; but I think that you got me confused with buff4life. He copied my name if you know what I mean.

No matter the war, or the words exchanged on the field in a war, that is unacceptable. I only lost a few times in my day, but when I did it never crossed my mind not to shake hands; except for the wish I didn't have to. The fact is you do it, whether you want to or not. I know he was probably disappointed in the outcome and probably even his own performance. Sulk later, shake hands now...that has to be installed in him.

I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS HAPPENING. THAT IS TOO BAD, a sour note at the end of a great battle.

HEY watch who your calling a copy cat..!!!

and I did see Fitz run across the field, but didn't see him "blow" by the assistant coaches...but i can't say i was staring at him..

Hornet Mom 2
11-01-2007, 07:58 AM
HEY watch who your calling a copy cat..!!!

and I did see Fitz run across the field, but didn't see him "blow" by the assistant coaches...but i can't say i was staring at him..

I wasn't watching when he was coming across the field, but did see him do the "happy dance" (love the description ProudHornetMom). That was completely uncalled for, almost to a point of immaturity.

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 08:05 AM
What are yall two whining about?

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
I think just 2004, I'm not sure what happened in 2005, that we need to get back them for.

I meant the 04-05 season. Remember they were the class of 05

RattlerDude
11-01-2007, 08:30 AM

I meant the 04-05 season. They were the class of 05 remember. Some people will refer to this season as 07-08

Bull19
11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Be sure you include the entire post, not just the part you want to take a "shot" at. I said, "Good kid, bad decision. They all do that at some point in time. Hopefully he will learn from it." I was talking about making a bad decision, and yes they all do it, and hopefully he will learn from it.
:rolleyes:

Hornet Mom 2
11-01-2007, 09:05 AM
:rolleyes:

I guess rolling your eyes is the best response when you don't really have one. LOL. :hand:

Bull19
11-01-2007, 09:07 AM
im sorry but not everyone does make classless mistakes like that. ill leave it at that

Hornet Mom 2
11-01-2007, 09:13 AM
im sorry but not everyone does make classless mistakes like that. ill leave it at that

Whatever kind of mistake it is, THEY ALL make them. Call it classless, call it stupid, call it immature...they do all make mistakes.

Kinda like a head coach blowing by the assistant coaches of the opposing team and not shaking thier hands, yeah, that's real classy, and that is an "adult." And I'll leave it at that.

UPanIN
11-01-2007, 09:17 AM
This thread is starting to get classless.:(

Everyone take a deep breath.:thumbsup: Now thats better!