PDA

View Full Version : Strange night!!

Ranger Mom
11-01-2007, 09:34 AM
I helped host an NA (Narcotics Anonymous...an organization my son is very involved in) Halloween party last night. It was over around 10:00 and since I was already close to downtown Midland, I decided to run up to my office and get a CD for my sister-in-law.

My daughter-in-law and granddaughter were with me and we were loading her back in the vehicle when we heard screaming.

I looked at Amanda (d-in-law) and she said, "OMG, he's trying to hit them". I turned around and looked out the back window and there were 3 kids walking on the sidewalk and a car was careening toward them. They took off running and the car made a U-turn and ran up on the sidewalk after them. Concrete was tearing off the curb where his car was dragging and the kids picked up some bricks and started throwing them at the car.

At that point, we were loaded up and heading in that direction. I picked up my phone and called 911 to report it. (Anyone who knows me, knows how fast I talk anyway...and when I am excited....well, ya know, I can barely spit the words out)!:p

Anyway...the girl who answered the call asked me where I was at. I told her I had just turned on so and so street. She asked me what the guy was driving and I told her a green car, she asked what kind, I said I don't know. She asked me to get the license plate number. I told her I wasn't that close and didn't plan on getting that close. (He had turned in an alley and parked in the parking lot of a run down apartment complex). He kept watching me as I was obviously following him and I was kinda freaking out, I didn't know if he had a gun, or what!!!

She kept asking me where I was, where the car was, what streets we were on, where the people who were running were, what were they wearing, etc.

I was asking Amanda these questions when she snapped, "You need to quit talking to whoever is with you and talk to me". I told her, "I am trying to drive here, I can't answer what you are asking and drive at the same time, so I am having to ask her so SHE can look and tell me"!! (At this point I was getting mad....I know I was kinda frantic, but getting all bitchy to me isn't gonna help matters AT ALL!!)

She asked me, "why are you so hyped up?? WHAT ARE YOU ON?" :eek: :eek: :eek:

That FLEW ALL OVER ME!!! :mad: :mad:

I said, "I just almost saw 3 kids get hit by some lunatic. I am following him, he is AWARE that I was following him. I'm circling where he is parked, I have my 6 m/o grandbaby in the car with me and you wonder why I am hyped up?"

She said, "well you need to calm down...why are even downtown?...how did you happen to be right there?...". I finally said, "I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this, I am an innocent bystander here, I thought I should report what I just saw....so I did". You have my phone number and my name, I am going home....call an officer, or don't, I've done my civic duty!"

I headed home and we saw a cop pull up there to the alley....I have no idea what happened after that!!!

I think her accusing me of being on something made me madder than ANYTHING!!! Although...I had to laugh when I thought of the fact that I had just left a house where I had been around 30 or so recovering drug addicts for the past 4 hours!!!!

:D

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Did u get her name? You honestly need to report her because IMO that was a very unprofessional way to handle a frantic 911 call

44INAROW
11-01-2007, 09:37 AM
you lead a most exciting life......... thank heavens they nutcase didn't come after you......:eek:

Snyder_TigerFan
11-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Did u get her name? You honestly need to report her because IMO that was a very unprofessional way to handle a frantic 911 call

I agree.

Ranger Mom
11-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

No...I didn't even think of it at the time.

Of course, after I had hung up, I thought about all the stuff I SHOULD have said!!

Ranger Mom
11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you lead a most exciting life.........

LOL!! On the way home Amanda said, "crazy stuff seems to follow you around"!!

I tend to agree!!

pirate4state
11-01-2007, 09:48 AM
SHouldn't there be a recording of the call? I'd call and report her. You have all the information as to when you called, etc. There has to be a log of it somewhere, especially since a cop came out.

Glad nothing happened to you and I hope those kids are okay.

AP Panther Fan
11-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
SHouldn't there be a recording of the call? I'd call and report her. You have all the information as to when you called, etc. There has to be a log of it somewhere, especially since a cop came out.

Glad nothing happened to you and I hope those kids are okay.

I AGREE! There is a recording of that call I imagine and her supervisor needs to be the one to review it. :mad:

SWMustang
11-01-2007, 10:09 AM
the tough streets of downtown Midland....

Ranger Mom
11-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
the tough streets of downtown Midland....

LOL!! When I was on my way TO the office we passed some freaky looking people just meandering down the road!!!

I wouldn't walk around downtown after dark alone!!!!:eek:

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I would really stay on this issue, because NOW it is funny, but her attitude could have led to something really bad happening

3afan
11-01-2007, 01:21 PM
plus the funniest part may be to hear yourself and how "buzzed' 'you sounded!

Ranger Mom
11-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
plus the funniest part may be to hear yourself and how "buzzed' 'you sounded!

I know I was tripping over my words....I could hear it, but I just couldn't seem to slow down!

I was shaking and my face and ears were burning hot!!!:p

I don't know why it freaked me out so bad...but it did!!!