PDA

View Full Version : Good Start by Texas NBA Teams!

Phil C
11-01-2007, 09:27 AM
They all won their openers! :) :clap:

On Tuesday night San Antonio beat Portland 106 - 97 and Houston beat the Lakers in LA 95 to 93. And last night the Dallas Mavs beat Lebron and the Cavs 92 to 74 in CLEVELAND! :eek:

Good start! Also last night San Antonio won again by beating Memphis 104 -101.

Bull19
11-01-2007, 10:25 AM
i thought steve francis was back on the rockets? when i was watching some of the game the other night i never saw him play. is he hurt or something?

Bull19
11-01-2007, 08:53 PM
ttt

Big Papa
11-01-2007, 09:01 PM
he is on the roster but he got outplayed in the preseason..or something like that....i htiink the announcers said he came back a little out of shape or somethng

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
he is on the roster but he got outplayed in the preseason..or something like that....i htiink the announcers said he came back a little out of shape or somethng

Haha thats your only job is to stay in shape and play

zebrablue2
11-01-2007, 11:21 PM
rockets looked good against the jazz tonight. hope they have a good year.

Bull Butter
11-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Rockets win behind 47 by T-mac. 2-0 and have not played a home game yet

big daddy russ
11-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i thought steve francis was back on the rockets? when i was watching some of the game the other night i never saw him play. is he hurt or something?
Big Papa was right on. The Rockets are loaded in the backcourt. Already had Alston (great distributor... consistently has one of the best TO/Asst ratios in the league) at the point, Luther Head as a combo guard, and McGrady and Bonzi Wells at the two. Then they drafted PG Aaron Brooks in the first round and picked up Mike James and Francis in free agency. James was a starter in Minny last year and Wells showed up healthy, in shape, and ready to go.

At the pace the Rockets are playing right now, Francis really needed to show up able to hit the floor running, but he ran out of gas in the preseason. Still a great pickup, though. They got him for what, $2 million or something? As soon as he gets back into playing shape, he'll show everyone he can still play. The only reason he has any questions is because he's been plagued by injuries and the worst organization in professional sports the past two years.

He's still only 30 and has no less than two good years left in him, especially in an offense that spaces the floor like Adelman's. As soon as he's fully recovered and in shape from those knee surgeries, he'll be tearing up the league.

JasperDog94
11-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Plus Yao had a terrible night shooting. Rockets should only get better once they start to gel.

GoStafford
11-02-2007, 12:33 AM
I didn't think Alston would make it out of camp, but he did with a great force. I'm glad that he is back, although he looked terrible on opening night.