PDA

View Full Version : Jasper: Win and Your In

kepdawg
10-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Holding your own destiny
Brooks knows if team wins, they are in
By JIMMY GALVAN Managing Editor

It's real simple - win and your in.

That's the attitude Jasper Head Football Coach Thomas Brooks is taking to the final two games left on Jasper's district schedule.

"We win the next two and we are in," Brooks said. "We don't have to depend on anybody and that is what you want."

All year long, Brooks had wanted his Bulldogs to be playing for something as the final games rolled around. Now, the Dawgs are in that position as they travel to Sour Lake Friday, Nov. 2 to take on the Hardin-Jefferson Hawks.

The Hawks have fallen after a strong non-district start but Brooks believes they are still a formidable team that needs to be reckoned with.

"They run a lot of formations and they do that to confuse you," Brooks said. "They are a decent team but we go out to play hard and I think we will win it convincingly."

Brooks said his coaching staff is guarding against the Bulldogs looking past Hardin-Jefferson and ahead to the Nov. 9 matchup with Silsbee.

"It just comes down to if we take care of our business, then we go to the playoffs," Brooks said. "We are going to do what we have to do to get into the playoffs. And first, we have to take care of Hardin- Jefferson. We are not looking at any film on Silsbee, just Hardin- Jefferson."

Injuries are hitting the Bulldogs hard late in the season. Right now, seven players are questionable for Friday's tilt with Hardin-Jefferson.

"That makes it tough but we will not use it as an excuse to not get the job done," Brooks said.

Brooks knows that if Jasper beats Hardin- Jefferson but comes up short against Silsbee there will still be a chance the Dawgs could slide into the playoffs but that is not the route he wants to take.

"I don't want to go in that way," Brooks said. "I want to go in on a winning note, with a lot of confidence going into the playoffs."

Look Here (http://www.jaspernewsboy.com/news/2007/1031/Sports/036.html)

Sweetwater Red
10-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Same for Sweetwater. They have a bye week this week. Their
play-offs start a week earlier than most everyone else.:(

JasperDog94
10-31-2007, 04:23 PM
7 guys questionable? :eek: That's a lot. But like Brooks said, that's not an excuse. Win and you're in dogs!!!:)