PDA

View Full Version : Has our little site already peaked

GoStafford
10-30-2007, 11:43 PM
all good things have a hayday, my question to you is do you think 3adownlow has reached that and now is on the down hill slide or do you think it's stronger than ever.

kepdawg
10-30-2007, 11:46 PM
:rolleyes:

sweetwater07
10-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford
all good things have a hayday, my question to you is do you think 3adownlow has reached that and now is on the down hill slide or do you think it's stronger than ever.

stronger than ever man, we have a lot of posters.

Stownhorse
10-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
stronger than ever man, we have a lot of posters.

And growing thanx to Brownwood

sweetwater07
10-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
And growing thanx to Brownwood

no joke i already noticed like 3-4 posters from there, and i bet we will have many more coming when they drop

Stownhorse
10-30-2007, 11:55 PM

What do you think?

GoStafford
10-30-2007, 11:56 PM
not as good as 1-2 years ago when we had some of the mega posters on here

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 11:56 PM
new people to push their buttons :)

Fal44
10-31-2007, 12:28 AM
we have no limit babyyy ;).. lol

Gobbla2001
10-31-2007, 12:32 AM
hell, look at you, you just got here this year...

we grow every year... one year a team has a good year and their fans arrive... and the previous fans stay... more people become interested etc...

it grows every year...

sweetwater07
10-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

we grow every year... one year a team has a good year and their fans arrive... and the previous fans stay... more people become interested etc...

it grows every year...

thats how i got here, sweetwater's semi appearance and i stayed....this site is great

GoStafford
10-31-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

it grows every year...

how do you know that I'm not just back from the dead

KTA
10-31-2007, 01:02 AM

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2007, 04:53 AM
I've thought that for quite a while. :thinking: :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2007, 05:58 AM
I guess the planned "competition" from early in the year didn't work out so well, did it? :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

BILLYFRED0000
10-31-2007, 07:45 AM
I see no let down. I do see more civil conversing now that some of the troublemakers have been "retired". And we can still talk smack.

Sweetwater Red
10-31-2007, 07:59 AM
My only disappointment is some long time Snyder and Wylie
posters have disappeared or post alot less frequently...
..injured....adidas....black magic...etc.:(

Ranger Mom
10-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I guess the planned "competition" from early in the year didn't work out so well, did it? :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

LOL!! Do they ever??

Welcome back, GoStafford!;)

Texasfootball2
10-31-2007, 08:40 AM
This is a realignment year. Lots of talk right now as to possible playoff matchups and who's going where. As soon as the season ends, enrollments #'s and cutoffs will dominate the conversation.

I think it's gaining momentum.

AP Panther Fan
10-31-2007, 10:06 AM

I think it is ever evolving...that's what keeps it fun and interesting.

crzyjournalist03
10-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I think it is ever evolving...that's what keeps it fun and interesting.

lol...sort of like Darwinism...

the strong survive and the lessers tend to self-destruct! :D

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
lol...sort of like Darwinism...

the strong survive and the lessers tend to self-destruct! :D

LOL even if they self-destruct they keep coming back for more so we must be doing something right!

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 10:17 AM
yes it has peaked

jason
10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
IMO - the peak was when we were still on the 'old' board (about 3 years ago??) and you could have fun without worrying about breaking rule 3 section 8 paragraph 4.....

IMO - the lowest point was a few weeks ago when matthew328 gave up ownership......

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by jason
IMO - the peak was when we were still on the 'old' board (about 3 years ago??) and you could have fun without worrying about breaking rule 3 section 8 paragraph 4.....

IMO - the lowest point was a few weeks ago when matthew328 gave up ownership...... Word

KTA
10-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Word

+1

Ranger Mom
10-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Whether it has peaked or not peaked....fun or not as fun......too strict or not strict enough......it is still BY FAR the funnest board to be a part of!!

But that's just MY opinion!!:p

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by KTA
+1 You came here in 05....lol

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Whether it has peaked or not peaked....fun or not as fun......too strict or not strict enough......it is still BY FAR the funnest board to be a part of!!

some days you feel like a nut, some days you don't

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 10:44 AM

IMO - the lowest point was a few weeks ago when matthew328 gave up ownership......

were there even rules back then??? i don't remember

Ranger Mom
10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Nope...that's why we didn't have to worry about it!!:D :D

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Nope...that's why we didn't have to worry about it!!:D :D :doh: Duh...wow - guess I'm a nut today :crazy1:

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 10:47 AM
good ol days :)

Ranger Mom
10-31-2007, 10:48 AM
:doh: Duh...wow - guess I'm a nut today :crazy1:

I guess the only "rule" I remembered was...the F word was never allowed, but you could damn and hell because Jackets grandmother used those words. :D :D

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
I guess the only "rule" I remembered was...the F word was never allowed, but you could damn and hell because Jackets grandmother used those words. :D :D LOL now that I remember!

Fal44
10-31-2007, 11:04 AM

I agree, I never really check any other board besides this one and that is cause there is never any talk about fal on here and I spend most of my time here...

crzyjournalist03
10-31-2007, 11:11 AM
If it did peak about 3-4 years ago, there's no reason it won't peak again someday...

I think, that like a good woman, this board is entitled to have two peaks...

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 11:18 AM
If it did peak about 3-4 years ago, there's no reason it won't peak again someday...

I think, that like a good woman, this board is entitled to have two peaks...

:eek: :eek: HAHAHAHAHA

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Has it peaked? I dont think so..Is it going thru a fluid change every now and then..yes

As School move up or down the board will gain posters and lose posters..As kids graduate, some parents will leave, but other kids just starting on varsity will bring Parents who might join up

Fans of schools who are having a great year will come on board, and then leave as soon as that school fades back to the pack

Also regional boards will take some away

East Texas has Smoaky, and really has never been on here full force

SETEX might be doing the same to the Jasper and that area's fanbase

But this board will endure the good and the bad because it has a solid core of people that love to just talk football, bs about anything in life and enjoy each other's company

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2007, 11:23 AM
They were the "unwritten" rules. :p

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 11:27 AM
They were the "unwritten" rules. :p And they were don't do anything to outragous, basically.

Bull19
10-31-2007, 11:31 AM
DEFINENTLY BETTER IN YEARS PAST, MORE FREEDOM

Ranger Mom
10-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
DEFINENTLY BETTER IN YEARS PAST, MORE FREEDOM

So you were here in the 2003 - 2005 era??

Bull19
10-31-2007, 11:32 AM
I WAS , BULL19 WASNT;)

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 11:34 AM
So you were here in the 2003 - 2005 era?? I was here when it had a homestead address and the only way you could remember it was by yahoo search cause google wasn't the thing back then son ya

Ranger Mom
10-31-2007, 11:38 AM
I was here when it had a homestead address and the only way you could remember it was by yahoo search cause google wasn't the thing back then son ya

LOL!! I know...I found it at work and didn't save it on my AOL account so when I got home that night, I couldn't find it again....I was so sad!!!!

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I was here when it had a homestead address and the only way you could remember it was by yahoo search cause google wasn't the thing back then son ya I still have a link to that somewhere LOL

remember the guest book? haha

crzyjournalist03
10-31-2007, 12:26 PM
I still have a link to that somewhere LOL

remember the guest book? haha

lol...I had forgotten all about that...for some reason, some people couldn't find the message board, so they'd get discussions going in the guest book...they were hilarious!

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 12:27 PM
lol...I had forgotten all about that...for some reason, some people couldn't find the message board, so they'd get discussions going in the guest book...they were hilarious! yes they were!

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2007, 12:37 PM
lol...I had forgotten all about that...for some reason, some people couldn't find the message board, so they'd get discussions going in the guest book...they were hilarious!
Hahahaha! I remember those! :D

big daddy russ
10-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

I think that as long as people want to talk HS football, this board will always be around. It fits a niche (3A football talk) and can only grow so big, but we're still growing at a pretty good pace. Because of that, we still have growing pains, but nothing that will completely knock the Downlow off its perch.

Also, the "personality" of the board tends to shift from time to time based on the posters. There were a lot of conflicts back in the early days, but there were also a lot of characters who made the board the cheeky, fun, slightly crazy place it was from the beginning. PPHSfan, Jason, holmesfan/2k1/emerson/whatever other names he's had, Gobbla, Sans Couth (who was around while I was on hiatus... never really got to know him) etc, etc were some of the most prominent posters back then but were also just a bunch of fun-loving guys. It was kinda like being the locker room with all the pranks, jokes, etc.

I just think of it like I think of my relationships with my friends. After we've known each other a while, we kind of settle into a groove and aren't always trying to crack jokes at each other. The jokes go down a bit while the serious talk goes up a bit.

Same thing with the board. Not that all the guys on the board have gotten too serious, just the tone of the board has. We talk a lot more in depth than we used to and have a lot more to say. There are still characters out there. Benny, IMO, is the funniest poster I've ever come across on this board. PirateBG's not too far behind. So you take the good with the bad. We've lost some great posters (PPHS, Pirate 44, etc) but have gained quite a few.

I really don't think this board will "go down" as long as it's not run as a business. Gobbla and bearcat handed the board over to Matt, who handed the board over to the 66/Old Green group, who, with any luck, will hand it down to someone else when they're ready to turn it in.

Emerson1
10-31-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm sure you know Sans Couth better then you think ;)

crzyjournalist03
10-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

was his identity ever revealed?

Emerson1
10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
was his identity ever revealed?
I'm sure a select few know who he was.

big daddy russ
10-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Is he a celebrity in his own mind? :D :p

GoStafford
10-31-2007, 11:36 PM

Yeah, IMO your right jason. How's the golfing going.

GoStafford
10-31-2007, 11:38 PM

remember the guest book? haha I do remember that. I remember when we were so stinking happy to get 100000 replies.

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 11:46 PM

remember the guest book? haha Ya haha....I thought the guestbook was kind of pointless with the message board though.

Gobbla2001
10-31-2007, 11:55 PM

I don't know... and I don't care... just replying to a stupid question :D

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Yeah, IMO your right jason.
Then why are you back? No one is forcing you to be here. :hand:

rundoe
11-01-2007, 06:22 AM

UH OH, I recoginize that 'tone.":cool:

rundoe
11-01-2007, 06:33 AM
They were the "unwritten" rules. :p

Yup, I got in BIG trouble over those d*$@ "unwritten rules". I hated 'em and still do. But there are more written down now.

"Ah, The good 'ol days".

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/Stix_69/My%20heroes/JackNickelson.jpg

rundoe
11-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Nope...that's why we didn't have to worry about it!!:D :D
Thats not the way I remember it.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/Stix_69/My%20heroes/JackNickelson.jpg

rundoe
11-01-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I see no let down. I do see more civil conversing now that some of the troublemakers have been "retired". And we can still talk smack.

.......and Billy quit bombarding the board with stats from 1970 till now.

rundoe
11-01-2007, 06:45 AM
"See, ya are what ya are in this world. That's either one of two things: Either you're somebody, or you make yourself somebody ." - Rundoe

rundoe
11-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Then why are you back? No one is forcing you to be here. :hand:

He's a zombie now. Since last night was Halloween.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/stir_fry/zombie.gif

Old Green
11-01-2007, 07:59 AM
The board hasn't changed much at all. We still have the same characters now as we did then.
True there were no written rules at the time, but the board grew so much that They were needed.
Go all the way back to Page 2854 and you will see Matt dealing with same issues as today.

It was fun reading some the comments Matt, Gobbla, Bearcat, would say to some of the posters when they got out of line.

And no, the board hasn't peaked.

;)

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
The board hasn't changed much at all. We still have the same characters now as we did then.
True there were no written rules at the time, but the board grew so much that They were needed.
Go all the way back to Page 2854 and you will see Matt dealing with same issues as today.

It was fun reading some the comments Matt, Gobbla, Bearcat, would say to some of the posters when they got out of line.

And no, the board hasn't peaked.

;)

Are you serious about page 2854?:confused:

I searched 2854 and it gave me the thread Snyder vs. Gilmer
at Texas Stadium.....seriously it did....:devil: :D .

Old Green
11-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

at Texas Stadium.....seriously it did....:devil: :D . Yep ! They're still there. On the Bottom of the thread page you will see the options of looking at the last 10 days topics or going to the begining. Select begining and go. It's fun reading. You will see some of the same posters today that were there in the begining.

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

at Texas Stadium.....seriously it did....:devil: :D .

LOL remember tALKING WITH 3dl WHILE BROADCASTING THAT GAME LOL

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL remember tALKING WITH 3dl WHILE BROADCASTING THAT GAME LOL

I bet it was an easy game to call. All you had to do was keep
repeating the same phrase....

"And Gilmer scores again".....:D :devil: