10-30-2007, 07:29 PM
any thoughts ?

upset?:)

BobcatBenny
10-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BossHog09
any thoughts ?

Yes, the Prosper fans will be upset . . . yet again.

But, ya neva know. :eek:

Gsquared
10-30-2007, 07:31 PM
any thoughts ?

My liver is almost completly pickled but im not upset.

BILLYFRED0000
10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

But, ya neva know. :eek:

I think you can calculate with some certainty this year. I have been at both practices so far this week. Prosper has become the enemy more than Pilot Point is and used to be. "Tense" is a word I would use. They are crossing every I and dotting every t. In fact one of the second team tackles made a mistake on an assignment in line practice and Coach Worell said you better not do that in team or it will get real "Tense" for you. They are not interested in mistakes. This is week 8. You better know where you are going. (I paraphrased a bit).

BILLYFRED0000
10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
My favorite soothe sayer says

at Prosper 1296 6 2 -- 0 0 94 35.9 14.0.

Prosper has a 6 percent chance of an upset and 3 percent of that is because it is in their house.

Oh great swami please be right.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Celina's D'Anton Lynn jumped from the 80's to 30's in the latest lone star rankings.

BILLYFRED0000
10-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Celina's D'Anton Lynn jumped from the 80's to 30's in the latest lone star rankings.

He has been getting better every game. He missed so much of last year because of that injury in the first scrimmage that he never really got comfortable like he is starting to now. He can be a game changer and more so as the year goes on and we learn how to use him better.

block&tackle
10-30-2007, 08:30 PM
I almost got burned being cocky 2 years ago when we played these guys. Thompson (early Vanderbilt committ) is a dangerous receiving target and the freshman RB has been getting better every week. On the other hand Celina will be up for them, their defense hasn't been good, and most importantly they have gone back to a shotgun based offense. The last few years I would rather lay down on I35 during rush hour than try to beat Celina with the spread. Celina big (hope it doesn't bite me again).

bobcat1
10-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Nah, they know it's coming. Celina by 4 maybe 5. :D

8-0 Halfway Home..........

BILLYFRED0000
10-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
I almost got burned being cocky 2 years ago when we played these guys. Thompson (early Vanderbilt committ) is a dangerous receiving target and the freshman RB has been getting better every week. On the other hand Celina will be up for them, their defense hasn't been good, and most importantly they have gone back to a shotgun based offense. The last few years I would rather lay down on I35 during rush hour than try to beat Celina with the spread. Celina big (hope it doesn't bite me again).

Yeah that was a tough game. We were pretty dinged up for that game tho. I seem to remember being down 4 or 5 starters. We are reasonably healthy right now. Some nicks and bruises but everyone appears game ready or close to it.
You are right about the spread to. We have always been a speed defense to start with. And this year we have a good secondary that has shown they can cover. Wakeland never even new what hit them and they are equal to Prosper. I think they probably play better D than Prosper.

tree8400
10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
doesn't prosper have more then one good receiver I looked on DMN website and Thompson is the second leading receiver.

BILLYFRED0000
10-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Prosper does not have a second receiver that has big yardage like Cory Miller. He has 627 yards but no one else is over 325.
Prosper has faced only one top 25 D this year and that was Wakeland. And they have not faced a pressure scheme like our's at all not to mention that we are ranked by Masseys as the number 2 D in 3a again this year.
Prosper plays good D as well and they would be a top 30 d in 3a this year as well as a top 25 O. But Whitesboro beat them and Wakeland beat them and neither of those teams play O or D like us. I look for a tough game but Prosper better be looking for a tougher one.

BILLYFRED0000
10-31-2007, 10:16 AM
I stand corrected. Massey had their new numbers up and we are number 1 on d with graham at number2.

BILLYFRED0000
10-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle

You know they will probably try to hit quick and mix in the QB draw. I doubt they will try to run too much. They do show 1300 yards gained rushing vs 1600 passing but not one rusher shows up at or near the 600 yard mark yet.
And BTW, Taylor Thompson is the kid that has 627..... I don't know where I got Cory Miller from. Can't even read my own writing today.
Looking at Prosper's schedule, I can see how they put those numbers up. The only ranked team they played was Wakeland and that game did not go so well for them. Everybody else is just average to weak.

tree8400
10-31-2007, 11:27 AM
so you think mckinney boyd is average wow that is intersting.

BILLYFRED0000
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
No I think they are young and inconsistent which makes them a little weak.

BILLYFRED0000
11-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I just realized something that makes this game a little hotter. Prosper is out of the playoffs this year if they lose this game.
They have to win out to stay in. Boys better buckle up your chin straps. This could get rough out there.

block&tackle
11-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Not true. If there are no upsets in the district in the last two weeks then Prosper losses to Celina and finishes in a three-way tie for third with PP and Wb. Prosper wins that ties breaker so they will be in.

What is at stake is Prosper's ability to control their own destiny - if they win they are in but if they lose they have to depend on Wakeland to beat PP and Celina to beat Whitesboro.

3afan
11-01-2007, 12:36 PM
has Prosper ever beaten Celina?

gatordaze
11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I love rivalries and tradition.

I am new to Celina so I relay this second hand. A few years ago when Celina played Prosper, Prosper created t-shirts that Celina Who? The next year Celina made t-shirts that on the fron said "Who is Celina?" on the back it detailed the total points yardage and wins against Prosper which wins were double digits versus single digits. At the bottom of the shirt it simply says "Prosper knows!"

This is the kind of thing that makes high school football great!

block&tackle
11-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
has Prosper ever beaten Celina?
Yes but it has been a while ('83). All-time series is 25-4-2.

BILLYFRED0000
11-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Prosper came close in 05 with a 27 21 game. We were pretty injured and they were really good that year. They went 3 rounds deep and if they had won one more they would have met us in the region finals for a rematch. They are not that good this year. Probably number 3 behind Wakeland in our district. They play the most balanced O to D but are not really good at either. Just good at both. We are better on D and O and have the edge on our return teams as well. We are playing in their house and it will be packed and raucous but I don't think they will stay with us long.

BossHog09
11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
well, prospers jv just won 19 to 15. i know its just jv but...looks like the gap is closing

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 09:25 PM
well, prospers jv just won 19 to 15. i know its just jv but...looks like the gap is closing

lets hope :evilgrin:

BILLYFRED0000
11-01-2007, 09:51 PM

It has been over the last 5 years. Better coaching and more money and new people to replace the old boy network that used to run Prosper. When I first lived in Prosper in 91 there was 700 people. Now shows 5250. When the growth hit and they went 3a they started getting better. Better discipline mainly which was always their achilles heel. In the end it still comes down to execution and the JV lost tonight because they stumbled and fumbled and bumbled themselves around the field. Prosper played well and made less mistakes. The JV cannot throw the ball well and Prosper plays the run well. The varsity will not have that issue.

Bobcat_Mom
11-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
It has been over the last 5 years. Better coaching and more money and new people to replace the old boy network that used to run Prosper. When I first lived in Prosper in 91 there was 700 people. Now shows 5250. When the growth hit and they went 3a they started getting better. Better discipline mainly which was always their achilles heel. In the end it still comes down to execution and the JV lost tonight because they stumbled and fumbled and bumbled themselves around the field. Prosper played well and made less mistakes. The JV cannot throw the ball well and Prosper plays the run well. The varsity will not have that issue.

This was a very intense game, very intense...it was sad to see some of the calls or should I say 'not calls'...either way, we had some mistakes but they played their hearts out..

God love 'em.

BILLYFRED0000
11-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Bobcat_Mom
This was a very intense game, very intense...it was sad to see some of the calls or should I say 'not calls'...either way, we had some mistakes but they played their hearts out..

God love 'em.

Yes, I hated to see it to. But I think this game is a character check. These guys do not want to be the team that loses. Well how do they handle that? In the long run I believe it will make them better.

Bobcat_Mom
11-01-2007, 10:19 PM

This was a very intense game, very intense....it was sad to see some calls that were made and NOT made....the boys made some mistakes that cost them...but they played their hearts out...

God lov 'em!

BILLYFRED0000
11-01-2007, 10:20 PM
This was a very intense game, very intense....it was sad to see some calls that were made and NOT made....the boys made some mistakes that cost them...but they played their hearts out...

God lov 'em!

Yes, I hated to see it to. But I think this game is a character check. These guys do not want to be the team that loses. Well how do they handle that? In the long run I believe it will make them better.

Oh deja vu.

Bobcat_Mom
11-01-2007, 10:34 PM

I really hope so Billy, but it's very hard to tell your son that after such a loss......

Leopards,class of 75
11-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Celina wins this one by 17.

bobcat1
11-02-2007, 04:57 AM
:thinking: I think I know some young men that will be pumped more now.:evilgrin: :evillol:

BILLYFRED0000
11-02-2007, 07:41 AM
I believe you might be correct. There were some varsity players in civies on the sideline. I think they are taking this seriously and now even more so after the game last night.

Bobcat_Mom
11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I believe you might be correct. There were some varsity players in civies on the sideline. I think they are taking this seriously and now even more so after the game last night.

I hope the varsity boys give it to 'em for the jv boys.

Bobcat_Mom
11-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I love rivalries and tradition.

I am new to Celina so I relay this second hand. A few years ago when Celina played Prosper, Prosper created t-shirts that Celina Who? The next year Celina made t-shirts that on the fron said "Who is Celina?" on the back it detailed the total points yardage and wins against Prosper which wins were double digits versus single digits. At the bottom of the shirt it simply says "Prosper knows!"

This is the kind of thing that makes high school football great!

Add this to your history book of rivalry information, the Celina jv team that lost last night to Prosper had not only been defeated but hadn't lost a game since the fifth grade.

Bobcat_Mom
11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
lets hope :evilgrin:

It's one game!

bobcat1
11-02-2007, 03:50 PM
After game meal; Plucked Eaglets, beer can style!
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/93/eaglesaftercookoutinburwp0.jpg

bobcat1
11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
They have a chance if this happens first.
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2882/flyingpigkd3.jpg

Mr Eagle, Can you beat the Bobcats?
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1431/lookin4eagle5hm.gif

What sport do you excel in Mr Eagle?
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8426/eaglefootballbaskettball4nw.gif

Bobcat_Mom
11-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
They have a chance if this happens first.

Mr Eagle, Can you beat the Bobcats?
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1431/lookin4eagle5hm.gif

Those r hilarious!!!!

Go bobcat1!

bobcat1
11-02-2007, 04:07 PM
In case we are gonna have a meet and greet in Prosper, here I am.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6663/maxinehusband1ud.png

bobcat1
11-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Dogs are out lookin for Bobcat Benny now.
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/879/houndadwl7.png

bobcat1
11-02-2007, 04:11 PM
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/89/popcorn7cl.gif

BobcatBenny
11-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Dogs are out lookin for Bobcat Benny now.
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/879/houndadwl7.png
I am afraid I lost those one night after a bentley wing eating binge at Hooters! :D

Dem thangs jus run rite thru moi. :eek:

BobcatBenny
11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh yeah, they found found me. So, I'll be there as usual dancing with the lovely cheer leaders. Make sure you stop by the visitors side line and shake my paw.

I luv dem meat-n-greets! :D

But just so you know, I will be Rambo. That was my pair for this month! :eek: :eek: :eek:

block&tackle
11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Add this to your history book of rivalry information, the Celina jv team that lost last night to Prosper had not only been defeated but hadn't lost a game since the fifth grade.

???

Didn't the Prosper freshman beat Celina's freshman last year. It is this year's freshman class that hasn't lost since the Frisco league stacked a team against them in the fourth grade.

Stownhorse
11-02-2007, 05:09 PM
It's one game!

o well!

charlesrixey
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
anybody able to feed me some updates as this one gets going?

charlesrixey
11-02-2007, 09:00 PM
????

OldNavy
11-02-2007, 10:27 PM
I left with 8 min to go in the 4th quarter. Celina was up 62 to 6. Don't know the final yet.

charlesrixey
11-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I left with 8 min to go in the 4th quarter. Celina was up 62 to 6. Don't know the final yet.

holy cow!!!

:eek:

OldNavy
11-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Final, Celina 62, Prosper 13.

bobcat1
11-02-2007, 10:56 PM
This did not happen tonight.

This Did!
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/93/eaglesaftercookoutinburwp0.jpg

BobcatBenny
11-02-2007, 11:48 PM
This game was brutal.

. . . for Prosper.

It was total dominance. :eek:

Here is a funny note. We have discussed inflatable run thru's here on the 3ADL.

Prosper's is the worst ever. No doubt in my mind.

Picture this . . . and I wish I had a literal picture, but I do not.

A giant eagle sitting on the tunnel looking like he has really bad constipation. Then all of a sudden from between his legs comes a big fog machine fart and out comes the team.

I nearly fell out of the visiting stands laughing so hard.

Why? Oh why? Why would any program do that to a bunch of young athletes?

Prosper should put that turding eagle away for ever. Don't they realize how degrading that is to their image? It really is probably the worst idea or implementation of an idea that I have ever seen. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 08:58 AM
I thought it represented how their team played well.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 08:59 AM
A side note. I did not think we were crisp.
Played well no doubt but not as crisp and sharp as we are capable of. Maybe because the game got out of hand too quick. 21 - 0 first quarter.

BobcatBenny
11-03-2007, 09:25 AM
A side note. I did not think we were crisp.
Played well no doubt but not as crisp and sharp as we are capable of. Maybe because the game got out of hand too quick. 21 - 0 first quarter.
Really? . . . I know you are just giving opinion, but really?

Outside of one absolutely blown call by the referee in the endzone, I cannot recall but one or maybe two penalties on Celina all night.

I can think of one legitimate turn over, which by the way was a good play by the Prosper kid. . . then the last second of the first half INT toss to the endzone as time was about to expire.

Prosper really only has three effective plays on offense.
1. The hook and lateral (which they only went to once)
2. The QB keeper.
3. Pity pass interference by the referee. :D
. . . all of which were only effective in the first half.

Maybe some less than stellar blocks by the offensive line? But don't you really have to give the Prosper athletes just a smidgeon of credit for a couple of defensive plays?

OK, there was the failed extra point? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
There were a few miscommunications in the passing game and no the Prosper D if you could call it that really did not have that much to do with it. I watched them alot this year and they can play better than they did offensively. D was good with really few mistakes. Don't get me wrong. I would grade them out as a strong A-. But we still have not seen the best of that offense yet.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Of course it could be as simple as they never could stop us so we did not have to work at it. Sometimes making it look too easy makes it look suspect like the other team was lousy. And I do not think Prosper is that bad.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 10:15 AM
But in support of my contention we only rolled up 481 yards on O. However it was 62 points. D gave us the short field once in a while with turnovers etc. I just thought the passing game was a little rough in the game.

Bobcat_Mom
11-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Glad for the Bobcats! We thought the game was pretty good...was told by a varsity dad that they were going to show no mercy on the score due to the way Prosper disrespected the Celina JV team after their win by running their mouths (even parents) to Celina spectaters on their way out the gate and how they insisted on celbrating on Celina's turf long after many had left. We also were amazed how physical the ref's let it get. A side note, we were all commenting on how hideous their blow up eagle looked; looked like he was trying to do his duty. It was also nice to see more ref's there after what happened Thursday night.

Either way, the Bobcats did a good job overall.

Bring on the playoff's baby!

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah that eagle was bad..... It is just too funny. I don't know how many people I talked to said the same thing.