PDA

View Full Version : ingleside vs west oso

black bear
10-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Looks to be the game for district championship. who wins and why

luvhoops34
10-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Where is this game being played?

If it's in WO, then I'll go with the Bears.

black bear
10-30-2007, 07:26 PM
it will be at West Oso

luvhoops34
10-30-2007, 07:43 PM
:D

R4Editor
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Tks blackbear, was waiting for somebody to start this poll, but you forgot to added it . Ingleside and West Oso are both in the playoffs and both in different Divisions, Only thing left to play for is the District Title. GL to both.:(

IHStangFan
10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
This should be a pretty good game. Whichever team shows up more prepared will take this one. Ingleside's D is supposed to be better than last year. Their O seems to be able to score points as well. I'll take Ingleside by 10.

black bear
10-30-2007, 11:18 PM
It should be a great game.both teams have only lost to 4-a teams. Both have played well during district play.
Ive seen the Stangs a few times this year. I feel their Defense is better than last years, but their Offense is not as explosive and as great as last years. Ingleside jumps to early leads then has held on to win. I still feel that Ingelside plays bend but dont break defense. Mustangs are big up front and also have speed.
West Oso is young but has a knack for finding ways to win. They rotate 5 fast running backs, and two quarter backs. howard (jr) and foxx(soph) are the better of the 5. They are also using their bench by rotating 9 offense and defenseive linemen which is a new thing for the bears. They actually have 32 varsity players and all 32 see playing time. I believe this is why the bears are not getting tired in the 4 th quarter.
Going off last years route I should pick the stangs, But the bears did hold Ingleside to a 6-3 lead at half time before getting demolished by that explosive o that the stangs had. I think the Bears beating a Great PI team earlier in the year and playing FB (4-a) close most of the game has the bears feeling good about themselves and should make this game a great game. Saying all of that I think this game will go into overtime with the Stangs winning. Even though I am a die hard supporter of the bears Win or Lose I firmly believe You are the champ until someone knocks you off.

Stangs 35
Da Bears 34 OT

pirate4state
10-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Who wins?

99IHSMustang
10-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by black bear
It should be a great game.both teams have only lost to 4-a teams. Both have played well during district play.
Ive seen the Stangs a few times this year. I feel their Defense is better than last years, but their Offense is not as explosive and as great as last years. Ingleside jumps to early leads then has held on to win. I still feel that Ingelside plays bend but dont break defense. Mustangs are big up front and also have speed.
West Oso is young but has a knack for finding ways to win. They rotate 5 fast running backs, and two quarter backs. howard (jr) and foxx(soph) are the better of the 5. They are also using their bench by rotating 9 offense and defenseive linemen which is a new thing for the bears. They actually have 32 varsity players and all 32 see playing time. I believe this is why the bears are not getting tired in the 4 th quarter.
Going off last years route I should pick the stangs, But the bears did hold Ingleside to a 6-3 lead at half time before getting demolished by that explosive o that the stangs had. I think the Bears beating a Great PI team earlier in the year and playing FB (4-a) close most of the game has the bears feeling good about themselves and should make this game a great game. Saying all of that I think this game will go into overtime with the Stangs winning. Even though I am a die hard supporter of the bears Win or Lose I firmly believe You are the champ until someone knocks you off.

Stangs 35
Da Bears 34 OT

Excellent Post.... I think it is going to be a very close game as well, but I honestly don't know if either team has an advantage over the other. I hope the Mustangs can pull it out as I am sure you hope that Da Bears can pull it out as well. It is going to be a good one... can't wait!

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Excellent Post.... I think it is going to be a very close game as well, but I honestly don't know if either team has an advantage over the other. I hope the Mustangs can pull it out as I am sure you hope that Da Bears can pull it out as well. It is going to be a good one... can't wait! yup...this game will be a measuring stick for both teams to see where they stand and give them a better idea of what adjustments need to be made before the playoffs.

RMAC
10-31-2007, 12:27 AM
BEWARE THE HOWLING BEAR!!!

black bear
10-31-2007, 12:38 AM
If I am not mistaken this is caller times game of the week

black bear
10-31-2007, 07:31 AM
It is Corpus Christi Caller Times Game of the week and also the KIII TV Blitz Game of the Week.

scott Wilson
10-31-2007, 10:27 AM
OSO by 3. Ingleside just didn`t impress me like I thought they would. Not knocking them, I have heard how good they were and they struggled to put away a team that turned the ball over 4 times with three of them being late in the 4th. Maybe they were off that night or just put it in cruise control. They can be beat by a solid running team that holds onto the ball. Don`t get mad, I`m not knocking them, I just heard a lot of hype and didn`t see the thunder is all. They do have three really tremendous athletes. One on D and two on O. Just an opinion, don`t get any feathers stirred. I`m supposed to be be biased, I don`t live there.

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I haven't seen Ingleside play this year, but I have seen Oso twice. Their speed is what could hurt Ingleside. If Oso can hang onto the ball - they'll give Ingleside a run for the title. I might seriously have to go to this game.

black bear
10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
As a bears fan it was hard for me to go against them, but the reason I went with the stangs was because they have been in this situation recently. Its been a long while since the bears have had an opportunity to win a district championship, and dont know if they will come out tight or overhyped. Then again I was wrong when I picked PI over the bears. So hopefully I will be wrong again.

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by black bear
As a bears fan it was hard for me to go against them, but the reason I went with the stangs was because they have been in this situation recently. Its been a long while since the bears have had an opportunity to win a district championship, and dont know if they will come out tight or overhyped. Then again I was wrong when I picked PI over the bears. So hopefully I will be wrong again. Didn't you also think Sinton would beat yall?? Or at least yall should be worried about the "sinton factor"

AP Panther Fan
10-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I haven't seen Ingleside play this year, but I have seen Oso twice. Their speed is what could hurt Ingleside. If Oso can hang onto the ball - they'll give Ingleside a run for the title. I might seriously have to go to this game.

It should be a good one...too close to call, I think.:)

black bear
10-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Your right pirate 4 state i was worried about the sinton factor.These kids suprising me, with only 4 senior starters, they keep finding ways to win

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
It should be a good one...too close to call, I think.:) Why don't I go pick you up and we can go shopping and watch your alma mater try to tame the bears? :D

big daddy russ
10-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Black bear, it's good to have you here. I can't remember if the Downlow's ever had a WO poster.

Honestly, I don't know what to think about the game. I think if both teams played ten times, each would win five. I've heard nothing but good things about those two RBs out of West Oso, so I'm staying away from predictions this week. Could go either way.

AP Panther Fan
10-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why don't I go pick you up and we can go shopping and watch your alma mater try to tame the bears? :D

Wow...do my eyes deceive me? Did you offer to go shopping?:eek: Shopping and cooking chicken enchiladas in one weekend...someone should seriously rush you to the doctor.;) :D

I might be convinced to go to the game...Texas Roadhouse is close-by...one of my favorites.

http://www.deepbox.com/media/images/232.gif

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Wow...do my eyes deceive me? Did you offer to go shopping?:eek: Shopping and cooking chicken enchiladas in one weekend...someone should seriously rush you to the doctor.;) :D

I might be convinced to go to the game...Texas Roadhouse is close-by...one of my favorites.

http://www.deepbox.com/media/images/232.gif

ROFL! I meant shopping for the groceries needed to make chicken enchilidas!! C'mon now! oops - don't mean to hijack. I'll call you!

99IHSMustang
11-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by scott Wilson
OSO by 3. Ingleside just didn`t impress me like I thought they would. Not knocking them, I have heard how good they were and they struggled to put away a team that turned the ball over 4 times with three of them being late in the 4th. Maybe they were off that night or just put it in cruise control. They can be beat by a solid running team that holds onto the ball. Don`t get mad, I`m not knocking them, I just heard a lot of hype and didn`t see the thunder is all. They do have three really tremendous athletes. One on D and two on O. Just an opinion, don`t get any feathers stirred. I`m supposed to be be biased, I don`t live there.

The manner in which we scored our points in the first quarter was an indicator of how good we can be if we don't play conservative. I think that is what the Ingleside Coach did and the OG staff picked up on it. I think I was reading in the caller times that even the OG coach thought that the scoring was going to be higher, but that is not how it turned out.

As far as Ingleside not being able to put the ball game away... we didn't have to OG did that for themselves. Additionally, I was proud of the Ingleside defense because they stepped it up when they had to.

R4Editor
11-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Defense is Ingleside strenght this year and i'll see them against Sinton. Ingleside will have stiffer competition this year in playoffs from the start, but if the defense can play at the level they been playing they should do well in the playoffs.