PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Update

stone_cold
10-08-2002, 08:31 PM
J2K... It's good to see you back in business... and even nicer to see Wilmer-Hutchins starting to get some respect from you!!
Keep up the good work... we all know the only poll that matters is the final one, but they're kinda fun to check out! :cool:

Keith7
10-08-2002, 08:36 PM
good to know that J2K does give credit to some teams for their accoplishments, too bad he can't do that to every team, or we would have a more accurate poll

ThaRealBulldog
10-08-2002, 08:39 PM
I like how he goes against Carthage everyweek, once again we can prove him wrong.

eye of the tiger
10-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Guys Jacket is just stating his opinion like everybody else does on this board. There is no way to please everybody so he just calls them as he sees them. Thats pretty much what we all do. Lots of good teams this year. We are moving into the last half of the regular season now and things should be lively. It wont be dull for sure.

Jacket2000
10-09-2002, 07:46 AM
So, I guess the only way to have an accurate poll would be to have Gainesville and Carthage tied for first, eh? Gainesville has the reputation for doing the least with the most talent, so Im not gonna put too much stock in'em just yet. Carthage, in my opinion, was the single most overrated team in the state, all classes. Yes, you've won two games. Congrats. But, you've lost 3, which is one more than you've won. So, as of now, you're still a losing team and you are two wins away from being a winning team.
J2K

Atl_Rabb_Fan
10-09-2002, 12:31 PM
You cant make everyone happy all the time. If it isnt one its always going to be another. If your team isnt getting the respect you and them feel you deserve then that should give the team more of a reason to go out and play harder to prove then all wronge.

Keith7
10-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Our team has done enough to earn peoples respect.. but Jacket has something against Gainesville.. I dont care though, its a stupid poll done by someone that probobly doesnt know much about 3A football anyways.. So I could careless anymore, We'll see at the end of the season where Gainesville will be on that poll..
You can't base a poll NOW on things that happened in the PAST.. And even in the past 2 years we have lost to the eventual State Champions both year.. But According to J2K that must make us a crappy team

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Jacket2000
10-09-2002, 07:29 PM
B/c I dont put much stock in YOUR team that means I dont know much about 3a? I dont think Ive heard a statement like that since Jr High. Oh, and yes, you can, and should, base your predictions on past perfomances as well as present. At the begining of the season, alot of people were high on Carthage. I was not, based on their past perfomance; and if I remember correctly, they promptly lost their first two games.
Now, let's look at the teams ranked above Gainesvile, shall we?
Spring Hill-sorry, but SH takes this one easily
Celina-61 consecutive games dont lie, but you'll get your chance in a few weeks.
Wills Point-Offense is too explosive, G'ville wouldnt be able to hang
Forney-Im not even gonna comment on this one.
Mount Vernon-G'ville might take this one. But, I was high on MV before the season started, so Im staying with them untill they prove me wrong. Also, to tell the truth, I dont think G'ville would stand a chance against Commerce, and I think Hutch would handle'em pretty well. But, Commerce has dropped 2 and G'ville was in there long before Hutch. So, this is the way it stands for now. Im not going to appologize for offending you, b/c frankly, I dont really care. But, as most of the posters that were here last year will tell you, I'm the first to admit when Ive underrated a team(ie Hutch, Wills Point). But, you have to prove it to me first.
J2K

ThaRealBulldog
10-09-2002, 07:48 PM
We started 0-2 to 2 pretty good 4a teams Henderson and Paris, came back won 2 games (Dibol and LE), then hung tough with Kilgore last game.

WeAreCCB
10-09-2002, 07:49 PM
Jacket, when you don't know what you are talking about it makes me mad. How old are you anyway? You act like you are 4. Sorry, but I have to go with Carthage over Chapel Hill. Do you know football?

Jacket2000
10-09-2002, 08:06 PM
Ok,I am done with this topic. This thread consists of HS kids who are pissed b/c I dont feel they are the powerhouse that they think they are. When you are ready to lose the HS mentality, then we'll talk. Untill then, Im done with this thead.
J2K

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Jacket2000 ]</small>

ThaRealBulldog
10-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Jacket pee wee seasons dont count. I don't think you know anything about Carthage. When we beat some of your "top10" teams in region 2 and make you look a fool, but just wait wait is all I gotta say.

Keith7
10-09-2002, 10:53 PM
We'll see what happens thru the rest of the year..
I'm surprised i'm not a ROM yet

WpSr03
10-09-2002, 11:14 PM
As far as Carthage, I think you guys are a joke. You are begging for respect, but why the hell do you care? We all know that polls are just polls, and this is the way Jacket feels. He runs the R2 page, not you, so get over it. I personally like his poll, for the most part. I don't like Celina at #2, but you don't see me starting a BS poll over it do you? He has his theory and way of calculating his poll, and that's fine. We have too many children on this site...

WpSr03
10-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Correction: You don't see me starting a BS *post* over it do you?

BigRedfan
10-09-2002, 11:30 PM
Mount Vernon will not be undefeated after Friday nigh. I see them go down big time to the Gilmer Buckeyes. I also see them dropping out of favor with several people. Take away Rickey Joe Meeks and Mount Vernon would not be anything. COMPETION IS ABOUT TO START FOR THE MOUNT VERNON TIGERS.

ThaRealBulldog
10-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Too many children? Well I better stop arguing befor I get a rom. Yall will see about carthage playoff time.

PurpleTiger
10-10-2002, 07:16 PM
BigRedFan, we shall see on that one after Friday won't we. Meeks is good, but when he went down against Hooks, his sophomore backup came in to throw 2 TDs. I seem to remember a team last year that many people said would have been bad without their honorable mention all state qb. I think the team was red. I think the kid's name was Jones or something. Do u remember what team that was???? I wonder how that team will do this year without him? He probably could have pulled them out of the catastrophe at Como. He won't be there to help them on Nov. 8th either.