PDA

View Full Version : Even Coach Shipley Agrees with me.

mwisnews
12-01-2003, 12:33 PM
I decided to write Coach Shipley and say what I saw the two games I went to see Jasper. Here is part of a message that he replied.

Thanks for the note. You did a great job of "scouting" Jasper. After watching the
films that we traded with them I'd say you've pretty much got them pegged.

Even Coach Shipley agreed to what I said. That's all they do all shotgun formation. Direct Snap, QB option, QB draw, a few running plays, screen, and bomb. That's it. I am not making this up he emailed me 8:18 this morning so if Burnet can stop these plays then the game might be over at half time.

trojandad
12-01-2003, 12:38 PM
And if Coach Shipley saw other things they do, why would he put it out so that his "secrets" might be viewed anywhere, like a chatboard?

I think the only thing his email proves is that he's a patient man that has figured out a good response to the many "coaches" that have emailed him over his career.

mwisnews
12-01-2003, 12:42 PM
He's just saying that he agrees with me that Jasper runs those plays.

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 12:48 PM
mwisnews,

What do you have against Jasper. All you do is bad mouth a team that is consistantly in the playoffs. Did someone from Jasper pee in your Cherrios?

Titans
12-01-2003, 01:11 PM
I think this is quite comical to say the least.

I haven't seen Highland Park this year

BUT

All they do is get in the shotgun, run the ball or throw the ball.

Jasper fans, too bad Burnet doesn't have this guy on their staff. It'd be an EZ win.

sahen
12-01-2003, 01:17 PM
mwisnews:
I decided to write Coach Shipley and say what I saw the two games I went to see Jasper. Here is part of a message that he replied.

Thanks for the note. You did a great job of "scouting" Jasper. After watching the

Even Coach Shipley agreed to what I said. That's all they do all shotgun formation. Direct Snap, QB option, QB draw, a few running plays, screen, and bomb. That's it. I am not making this up he emailed me 8:18 this morning so if Burnet can stop these plays then the game might be over at half time.hm....so u mean to say that Jasper's base offense is in shotgun and they run and throw the ball?....wow amazing..i just dont see how they got into the playoffs w/ that (sarcasm)

Jacket2000
12-01-2003, 01:30 PM
mwisnews:

Even Coach Shipley agreed to what I said. That's all they do all shotgun formation. Direct Snap, QB option, QB draw, a few running plays, screen, and bomb. That's it. I am not making this up he emailed me 8:18 this morning so if Burnet can stop these plays then the game might be over at half time.Coach Shipley is much more patient man than I.
J2K

JCM
12-01-2003, 01:31 PM
I agree with you. Jasper runs the same offense as Wharton. Burnet just needs to play better defense. They let down in the second half agsinst Sinton and how they let Sinton have a 1st down with that fake punt is beyond me. The coaches should have been expecting a fake.

Old Dog
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Okay and who's to say that the Jasper coaches can't put new plays in "just for us". Sorry they didn't get this far by being outscouted by one of us mere thread posters. There are all sort of things that can be launched off the spread.

Are you sure that was a fake punt. Looked like our rusher blew by the punter and he took advantage of the situation....smart if so!!!!!

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 02:07 PM
I'm still waiting for my response mwisnews...

Chris Hart
12-01-2003, 02:22 PM
LOL! Mwisnews, did Coach Shipley tell you that Burnet lines up in the shotgun and either runs or passes as well? :rolleyes: Too funny!

kaorder1999
12-01-2003, 02:27 PM
mwisnews:

Even Coach Shipley agreed to what I said. That's all they do all shotgun formation. Direct Snap, QB option, QB draw, a few running plays, screen, and bomb. That's it. I am not making this up he emailed me 8:18 this morning so if Burnet can stop these plays then the game might be over at half time.thats all most shotgun teams do. If that was all there was to it..."just stop those plays" and it were as easy to you as you make it sound...I bet you could get a pretty good Varsity coaching job

bc 76
12-01-2003, 02:42 PM
If they run the same offense as Wharton,then they may present a problem to Burnet.You have to remember Wharton on mental mistakes gave Burnet almost 20ts right off the bat.We had 450 yds of total offense you take away those mistakes and its a total different ball game.I know a lot of the Burnet people said yea we could have scored 100pts on Wharton but if the game at have time is 24-17,who knows Wharton probally could have scored 40-50pts on the Burnet defense.All that aside the thing that showed me Burnet has what it takes to win a state championship wasn't the qb or wr's it was more that they play as a team and capitalize on the other teams mistakes that what championship caliber teams do.If Jasper can go into this game some how score on Burnet eliminate turn overs and don't give Burnet short field then they maybe they could upset Burnet.

Frank_Bama
12-01-2003, 02:47 PM
bc 76:
If they run the same offense as Wharton,then they may present a problem to Burnet.You have to remember Wharton on mental mistakes gave Burnet almost 20ts right off the bat.We had 450 yds of total offense you take away those mistakes and its a total different ball game.I know a lot of the Burnet people said yea we could have scored 100pts on Wharton but if the game at have time is 24-17,who knows Wharton probally could have scored 40-50pts on the Burnet defense.All that aside the thing that showed me Burnet has what it takes to win a state championship wasn't the qb or wr's it was more that they play as a team and capitalize on the other teams mistakes that what championship caliber teams do.If Jasper can go into this game some how score on Burnet eliminate turn overs and don't give Burnet short field then they maybe they could upset Burnet.I agree BC76 Burnet is very opportunistic on Offense and doesnt make mistakes to allow the other team to be opportunistic and that is what make a championship team.
On the other hand Jasper, who wasnt even supposed to make the playoffs just keeps finding a way to win.
Should be a great game!!! If it is close in the 4th Quarter it could go either way.

bearkatdad
12-01-2003, 08:26 PM
I'm sure the Burnet coaches are basing their entire game plan on your observations of the Jasper team. YEAH!!! SURE!!.wink...wink...nudge...nudge.. You must be some sort of 'Master' observer/coach yourself. What if, heaven forbid, Burnet should lose!!! Then all of your psuedo-coaching/observing will have gone for naught. What a shame.

olddawggreen
12-01-2003, 08:39 PM
bearkatdad:
I'm sure the Burnet coaches are basing their entire game plan on your observations of the Jasper team. YEAH!!! SURE!!.wink...wink...nudge...nudge.. You must be some sort of 'Master' observer/coach yourself. What if, heaven forbid, Burnet should lose!!! Then all of your psuedo-coaching/observing will have gone for naught. What a shame.Or maybe he is a Jasper spy trying to inflitrate the big green line to give counter inteligence the the Burnet coaches! eek! eek! eek! eek!

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 11:19 PM
What? No defending yourself mwisnews? Now don't run and hide when people make fun of you. Time to take your medicine. I'm still wondering what your beef with Jasper is all about.

mechanic
12-01-2003, 11:28 PM
OHHHHHHH heck NO Olddawggreen he ain`t ours no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We take his kind and have them put out of misery. P.S. mswinews if we do beat Burney aas no one expects us to do will you be here Sunday talking your noise?????????? :p :p :p

mechanic
12-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Excuse me misspelled Burnet

GlenRosePoster
12-01-2003, 11:36 PM
All Everman did last year was "run a few running plays", but Burnet still couldn't stop them.

BurnetBandRules
12-01-2003, 11:52 PM
GlenRosePoster:
All Everman did last year was "run a few running plays", but Burnet still couldn't stop them.We stopped them the entire first half, didn't we? Their morale was boosted heavily and they were in the game in a better mental status than Burnet was after half. BUT, we still lost, they were the better team. End of story

bevo
12-02-2003, 12:35 AM
mwisnews...I too have been trying to figure you out for some time now. I have picked up a little information on you though. I know you're from Georgia...before moving to Plano...you're 19 yrs old...you live in Huntsville...you go to Sam Houston State. :rolleyes:

But I would like to know what your problem with Jasper is? If you will not answer JasperDog94, then maybe you'll answer my question. Not that it's going to make any difference on my part...just curious too. :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 12:53 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

mwisnews
12-02-2003, 01:18 AM
NOTHING IS WRONG WITH JASPER!!! I am just giving my observation on what I saw at these two games and the two Burnet games I saw. I don't have anything or ever have anything against the players or the fans. I think that doing that type of offense won't work against Burnet. It didn't work last year. It will work against other teams, but not against the number #1 team in the state. And my analysis fromt these two schools, even though I am not a coach, from a fan's perspective.

mwisnews
12-02-2003, 01:23 AM
About run a few running plays. I was at the Everman game, imagine how much you want to win for your fallen teammate. They couldn't be stopped that day. They had all the momentum from that game. Remember Knute Rockne's "Win for the Gipper". That day it was "Win for Cory". No 3A team in state could of beat them that day.

j_dog
12-02-2003, 01:34 AM
olddawggreen:

bearkatdad:
I'm sure the Burnet coaches are basing their entire game plan on your observations of the Jasper team. YEAH!!! SURE!!.wink...wink...nudge...nudge.. You must be some sort of 'Master' observer/coach yourself. What if, heaven forbid, Burnet should lose!!! Then all of your psuedo-coaching/observing will have gone for naught. What a shame.Or maybe he is a Jasper spy trying to inflitrate the big green line to give counter inteligence the the Burnet coaches! eek! eek! eek! eek! Hey, I asked him in another thread if he was from Burnet, but I never saw an answer. Maybe he doesn't know? :D But I am glad he is helping Burnet, as if you need help. But I am not sure Jasper needs his "help". They seem to have done tolerably well ingnoring his advice. Now if he could tell us how our little old slow boys can run faster, play smarter, get bigger, and hit harder by this Saturday, now THAT would be helpful. :D :) :)

j_dog
12-02-2003, 01:51 AM
mwisnews:
... I think that doing that type of offense won't work against Burnet. It didn't work last year. ...Now, as I remember it last year Jasper scored 28 points against Burnet using the spread offense. That is enough points to beat most teams in most games. Perhaps it was the Jasper defense that didn't live up to expectations. If Jasper's defense doesn't do a much better job this year, they will not win the game. End of Story. Heck, maybe I can become a coach too. :)

Bulldog92
12-02-2003, 02:10 AM
j_dog:

mwisnews:
... I think that doing that type of offense won't work against Burnet. It didn't work last year. ...Now, as I remember it last year Jasper scored 28 points against Burnet using the spread offense. That is enough points to beat most teams in most games. Perhaps it was the Jasper defense that didn't live up to expectations. If Jasper's defense doesn't do a much better job this year, they will not win the game. End of Story. Heck, maybe I can become a coach too. :) Hehe...who would your staff consist of? :D

j_dog
12-02-2003, 02:44 AM
Bulldog92:

j_dog:

mwisnews:
... I think that doing that type of offense won't work against Burnet. It didn't work last year. ...Now, as I remember it last year Jasper scored 28 points against Burnet using the spread offense. That is enough points to beat most teams in most games. Perhaps it was the Jasper defense that didn't live up to expectations. If Jasper's defense doesn't do a much better job this year, they will not win the game. End of Story. Heck, maybe I can become a coach too. :) Hehe...who would your staff consist of? :D You could be my OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR! I hear that you are very good on offense against impertinent younguns. :p :D :p And pinecone could be the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR to fight off all the tortilla attacks. wink And you two can hire the rest of the staff. :cool:

3afan
12-02-2003, 08:24 AM
mwisnews:
He's just saying that he agrees with me that Jasper runs those plays.well it would not take a great scout to see that ... :rolleyes:

olddawggreen
12-02-2003, 08:27 AM
mechanic:
OHHHHHHH heck NO Olddawggreen he ain`t ours no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We take his kind and have them put out of misery. P.S. mswinews if we do beat Burney aas no one expects us to do will you be here Sunday talking your noise?????????? :p :p :p Sorry, but if you do beat Burney (proper spelling, Boerne) this weekend, you will find that your sitting in a town a little north of San Antonio and would have missed a great Burnet-Jasper in College Station! eek! wink eek!
Just kidding, I couldnt pass it up, Seems every time I run into someone from the San Antonio area and tell them Im from Burnet, they always start telling me about everyone they know in Boerne until I can finaly stop them and tell them Im from Bur-net. If Im not in a hurry, sometimes I let them finish their story before I tell them! :rolleyes:

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

olddawggreen
12-02-2003, 08:37 AM
j_dog:

mwisnews:
... I think that doing that type of offense won't work against Burnet. It didn't work last year. ...Now, as I remember it last year Jasper scored 28 points against Burnet using the spread offense. That is enough points to beat most teams in most games. Perhaps it was the Jasper defense that didn't live up to expectations. If Jasper's defense doesn't do a much better job this year, they will not win the game. End of Story. Heck, maybe I can become a coach too. :) J-dog, your sounding more like a coach everyday! If you really want to be a coach, just follow these instructions; Face the east as the sun is rising, click your heals together 10 times and repeat over and over, I am, I am, Therefore I am! wink wink wink wink

Hupernikomen
12-02-2003, 03:10 PM
mwisnews:
About run a few running plays. I was at the Everman game, imagine how much you want to win for your fallen teammate. They couldn't be stopped that day. They had all the momentum from that game. Remember Knute Rockne's "Win for the Gipper". That day it was "Win for Cory". No 3A team in state could of beat them that day.Seeing how they were in the 3A state championship game not many 3A teams could beat them period.

Also, Jasper runs the same offense they ran last year and last year they put up 28 points on Burnet with multiple turnovers..so it is not out of the question for jasper to score some touchdowns..Burnet isn't #1 because of their defense BTW. (Not that their defense isn't good, dernit!)

Buccaneer
12-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey mwisnews : What is your game plan for Gainesville ?

oldengray1
12-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Funny thing about teams with explosive and high scoring offenses-There is usually a defense that keeps giving the ball back to them, sometimes in very good field position even when an offense is not playing well. Check the stats for the Burnet defense and you may find why the offense has the stats they do. Offense scores points-Defense wins championships. This is true in high school, college and the pros.