PDA

View Full Version : Steve Young should just SHUT UP

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 07:08 PM
About the Patriots. Anyone else watching Monday Night Countdown would know why I say this.

Big Papa
10-29-2007, 07:12 PM
i missed it...just turned it on...what'd i miss

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 07:13 PM
He was going on and on about how the Patriots shouldn't run up the score and blah blah blah and about Wes Welker spiking the ball when they had 45 points and blah blah blah just on and on!

DDBooger
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i missed it...just turned it on...what'd i miss he said the patriots are the only modern, post free agency era team that could compete with the Dallas, SF, Green Bay's of the early 90's or something to that effect. he also said The pats should act like a great team. wasn't listening much, steve young is not my favorite person! :cool:

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
he said the patriots are the only modern, post free agency era team that could compete with the Dallas, SF, Green Bay's of the early 90's or something to that effect. he also said The pats should act like a great team. wasn't listening much, steve young is not my favorite person! :cool: me either! ugh steve young :speech:

KTA
10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I agree with Young. That was crap what they did to the redskins (and I hate the Redskins, but I atleast have respect for them). I hope the Colts stomp the crap out of them

Big Papa
10-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He was going on and on about how the Patriots shouldn't run up the score and blah blah blah and about Wes Welker spiking the ball when they had 45 points and blah blah blah just on and on!

it seemed the same way when merrill hoge (sp) was goin on about how it was the nfl...and so on and so on...and the patriots did what they were sposed to do when they went for it on 4th and then threw a pass for a td...earlier today on nfl live..

i was laughing when ditka wouldnt answer the question about what he would've done in the situation

DDBooger
10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
it seemed the same way when merrill hoge (sp) was goin on about how it was the nfl...and so on and so on...and the patriots did what they were sposed to do when they went for it on 4th and then threw a pass for a td...earlier today on nfl live..

i was laughing when ditka wouldnt answer the question about what he would've done in the situation cause he's old school, brady would have left on a stretcher! lmao

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I agree with Young. That was crap what they did to the redskins (and I hate the Redskins, but I atleast have respect for them). I hope the Colts stomp the crap out of them IT'S THE NFL!

It's the Patriots job to win and score points and hold the other team to as little as they can.

It is also the Redskin's job to stop the Patriots from scoring!

Patriots were doing their job effectively and the Redskin's were not.

Big Papa
10-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
cause he's old school, brady would have left on a stretcher! lmao

bellichek is playing with fire by leaving his top guys in the game that long and with the play calling...some player is gonna lose his cool laterand who knows what will happen

DDBooger
10-29-2007, 07:21 PM
bellichek is playing with fire by leaving his top guys in the game that long and with the play calling...some player is gonna lose his cool laterand who knows what will happen im telling you, its gonna happen, do i hope it happens, naw, don't care enough, but if it does...LESSON LEARNED BELLICHEK!

Big Papa
10-29-2007, 07:22 PM
IT'S THE NFL!

It's the Patriots job to win and score points and hold the other team to as little as they can.

It is also the Redskin's job to stop the Patriots from scoring!

Patriots were doing their job effectively and the Redskin's were not.

i agree with that....but WHY do the patriots have to keep putting pressure on the redskins to stop them when the redskins havent stopped them all game long and patriots know that....im losing more and more respect for the patriots with each game they play

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM

i was laughing when ditka wouldnt answer the question about what he would've done in the situation

was i hearing things or did i hear ditka say "don't run up the score" as they were rolling credits?? LOL

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
i agree with that....but WHY do the patriots have to keep putting pressure on the redskins to stop them when the redskins havent stopped them all game long and patriots know that....im losing more and more respect for the patriots with each game they play What do you want them to do just embarass the Redskin's more by taking knee's the whole 4th quarter?

Big Papa
10-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
was i hearing things or did i hear ditka say "don't run up the score" as they were rolling credits?? LOL

haha idk...i turned it before the end...got tired of listening to hoge

Big Papa
10-29-2007, 07:26 PM
What do you want them to do just embarass the Redskin's more by taking knee's the whole 4th quarter?

umm perhaps they could try running the ball instead of passing it still...and maybe a field goal on 4th and 1 instead of going for it and then throwing it for the td...yeha i think that would of been more a appropriate

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 07:27 PM
umm perhaps they could try running the ball instead of passing it still...and maybe a field goal on 4th and 1 instead of going for it and then throwing it for the td...yeha i think that would of been more a appropriate Well it looks like the NFL should have just not caught the patriots cheating.

They did run the ball, the backup QB, for a touchdown :D

DDBooger
haha idk...i turned it before the end...got tired of listening to hoge hoge is a moron, concuss one too many times lol. however his criticism would better fit vy this year than last.

pirate4state
i think the look on billiegoat's face when reporters are asking him questions about it is priceless.....he has that "eat poop" look on his face! hahaha

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 07:28 PM
umm perhaps they could try running the ball instead of passing it still...and maybe a field goal on 4th and 1 instead of going for it and then throwing it for the td...yeha i think that would of been more a appropriate

seriously though .... do they have a running game?? i know that baloney guy is hurt, but what's the deal? do they not have a RB??

buff4life
10-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I met his drunk ass and a hot girl at the super bowl in Houston...

he was gone...

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I met his drunk ass and a hot girl at the super bowl in Houston...

he was gone...

you met who???

KTA
10-29-2007, 07:30 PM
if this was some high school power doing this to a little nobody school how would you feel about it then?

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by KTA
if this was some high school power doing this to a little nobody school how would you feel about it then? If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

N
F
L

J
O
B

buff4life
10-29-2007, 07:32 PM
you met who???

my bad...Steve Young, when he was plastered at the Super Bowl

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by KTA
if this was some high school power doing this to a little nobody school how would you feel about it then?

but it isn't :D

if your defense can't stop an offense how is it their problem??

i like what tom jackson said "if you don't like it - stop it!"

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 07:35 PM
AND......

Is this just another "buzz" story for ESPN to go on & on about or did someone from the Redskins organization say something about the Pats "running up the score on them"???

JR2004
10-29-2007, 07:50 PM

One of my favorites coaches to listen to. They don't make coaches like him anymore.

When Belicheat's boys were playing Dallas I was rooting for Dallas to win. I can't stand Belicheat one bit. I won't have one problem with the team that finally snaps and goes on a head hunting spree against the Patriots. I think the first Patriot to go down will probably be a defensive linemen on an intentional chop block and if I was a betting man I'd bet that you'll see the Ravens be the team that snaps. You know it's eventually going to happen if they keep doing this.

JR2004
10-29-2007, 07:52 PM
AND......

Is this just another "buzz" story for ESPN to go on & on about or did someone from the Redskins organization say something about the Pats "running up the score on them"???

Randall Godfrey made some comments directly to Belicheat about what happened. My only thing is that he showed more fire in getting in that guy's face then he did all day long on the field. If you're that mad about it go out there and do something to one of the players that is running up the score on you.

KTA
10-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
One of my favorites coaches to listen to. They don't make coaches like him anymore.

When Belicheat's boys were playing Dallas I was rooting for Dallas to win. I can't stand Belicheat one bit. I won't have one problem with the team that finally snaps and goes on a head hunting spree against the Patriots. I think the first Patriot to go down will probably be a defensive linemen on an intentional chop block and if I was a betting man I'd bet that you'll see the Ravens be the team that snaps. You know it's eventually going to happen if they keep doing this.

I sure hope so

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 07:54 PM
I said something to (Belichick) after the game," Godfrey said to NBCSports.com. "I told him, 'You need to show some respect for the game.' You just don't do that. I don't care how bad it is. You're up 35 points and you're still throwing deep? That's no respect....

"You look at all the great head coaches ... I'm just disappointed," he said. "You gotta show some class, show some respect. Joe Gibbs? We wouldn't have done that. Bill Walsh? You wouldn't see those types of guys doing that stuff. I've never seen nothing like that. Most teams, you get up like that you sit on the ball and try to run the time out. They're up 30-some points and they're throwing deep. That was blatant disrespect. I hope we can see them again, definitely. You don't see Joe Gibbs doing that. You can't even imagine that kind of stuff coming from him. Joe Gibbs. Bill Walsh. Bill Parcells. This isn't like college going for power rankings. This is the pros you show some respect, show some class."

LMAO! He says he hopes they can see them again! Moron!

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Randall Godfrey made some comments directly to Belicheat about what happened. My only thing is that he showed more fire in getting in that guy's face then he did all day long on the field. If you're that mad about it go out there and do something to one of the players that is running up the score on you.

put up or shut up :D

JR2004
10-29-2007, 07:59 PM
put up or shut up :D

Well I was all for some retaliation on the field. I don't mind running up the score too much, but when Welker's out there spiking the ball like he just scored the game winning TD and you're up by 45 at the time, you've gone too far. That would've been the time to do something about it. Heck start a brawl and show that you actually care that someone hung half a hundred on you.

Godfrey saying something after the game didn't do much. Gibbs wasn't going to say anything about it, but that's probably because he wouldn't sink to Belicheat's level. A coach as respected as he is wouldn't ever lower himself to the level of the guy he was coaching against.

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Well I was all for some retaliation on the field. I don't mind running up the score too much, but when Welker's out there spiking the ball like he just scored the game winning TD and you're up by 45 at the time, you've gone too far. That would've been the time to do something about it. Heck start a brawl and show that you actually care that someone hung half a hundred on you.

Godfrey saying something after the game didn't do much. Gibbs wasn't going to say anything about it, but that's probably because he wouldn't sink to Belicheat's level. A coach as respected as he is wouldn't ever lower himself to the level of the guy he was coaching against.

Maybe he has little man syndrome? :thinking: :D How tall is Welker?

JR2004
10-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe he has little man syndrome? :thinking: :D How tall is Welker?

Not a real tall drink of water. :)

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
LOL, I love what Ditka said today...

"Well, running up the score IS a step above cheatin."

Loved it!

Gobbla2001
10-29-2007, 11:58 PM
look it's gunna happen... scores are gunna get ran up a bit when a team is so overmatched, that's not the patriots' fault... the players can't just stop playing, that's when you get hurt... but like against Dallas... running the ball with 18 seconds left and scoring? ever heard of a knee?

throwing deep bombs late in the game while you're already up 120 points? that lacks respect... keep it on the ground and run out the clock... if it's 3rd and 11, okay, throw...

I'm not a patriots hater, I admire how well they're coached and how hard they play on the field... but running up the score is gunna cause a cheap shot from another team here pretty dern soon... Hoody's nuclear-assault on the NFL will cause a starter to maybe get seriously injured...

Colts by 1, btw... they have to have a let down atleast one week

JR2004
02-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Colts by 1, btw... they have to have a let down atleast one week

Thank goodness the letdown happened in the Super Bowl. :)

runthequarter
02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Jaws wore poor Steve out on countdown. Pretty funny.

big daddy russ
02-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Man, what a great thread. Sucked that nobody manned up and got after the Pats for running up the score, but at least they lost in the SuperBowl.

runthequarter
02-04-2008, 10:50 AM

i like what Tom Jackson said "if you don't like it - stop it!"

Tom is right and he knows. The Broncos got killed. And he still says that.