PDA

View Full Version : Graham's stadium entrance

lion75
10-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Not to make a big deal out of this, but I'm curious. One of my friends from Iowa Park called me and he was a little peeved about Graham's players going around behind the birm and entering the game from down through the stands. He said they did that for both halves and he said it rubbed the IP faithful the wrong way. Is this something they do every week and what is it about?

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Not to make a big deal out of this, but I'm curious. One of my friends from Iowa Park called me and he was a little peeved about Graham's players going around behind the birm and entering the game from down through the stands. He said they did that for both halves and he said it rubbed the IP faithful the wrong way. Is this something they do every week and what is it about?

Where would they normally enter??

I know lots of teams refuse to go down the ramp in Sweetwater.....they go through the stands!!!!

lion75
10-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I know lots of teams refuse to go down the ramp in Sweetwater.....they go through the stands!!!! Usually teams enter from the locker rooms on the side. My understanding was that they climbed to the top by the press box then came from the top of the stadium down through the middle of the crowd. I have never seen that. At IP the locker romms are on the end of the stadium so most teams enter from the end zone. Again, I'm just trying to understand.

lakers
10-29-2007, 03:54 PM
I know from experience that the visiting teams lockers are behind the home stands, so they have to enter through a gate by the home stands...

Tromboneking
10-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah. They did come up the behind the stands and down through the crowd. Don't know why they did.

lion75
10-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by lakers
I know from experience that the visiting teams lockers are behind the home stands, so they have to enter through a gate by the home stands... Iowa park's are just like Vernon's. They are built up on a dirt birm and the locker rooms are on the end. Not behind the stands. I have dressed in those locker rooms 3 times so I should know.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by lion75
They got the idea from a someone else's game a couple of year's ago and thought it was a great motivator for the team and fans as well and they were right. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful towards IP- so don't take it personal... it had nothing to do with you guys. It was just an opportunity for them to do it with the bowl and all.........
The fans loved it!!!

lakers
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM

I know lots of teams refuse to go down the ramp in Sweetwater.....they go through the stands!!!!
I can understand why

I almost busted my self, I decided to grip the rail with both hands and go down slow.

we should have went through the stands...

I have got a question for all the Sweetwater fans....

So how is the whole pink endzone thing comin????

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
They got the idea from a someone else's game a couple of year's ago and thought it was a great motivator for the team and fans as well and they were right. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful towards IP- so don't take it personal... it had nothing to do with you guys. It was just an opportunity for them to do it with the bowl and all.........
The fans loved it!!!

I agree!! That was why we did it in Sweetwater.....it really pumped the crowd up!!!

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I agree!! That was why we did it in Sweetwater.....it really pumped the crowd up!!!
Oh, and there was something about hauling the whole helmet, smoke machine and tunnel down in to the bowl......

its_n_D_water
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
I think the whole coming down the stairs in the bowl was started by Stephenville back in '93 . when Briles was still there....he refused to come out of the locker room before sweetwater came down the stairs.....

wildstangs
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
I just realized Wylie came down the ramp last week in Sweetwater. Haven't they came down from the stands in the past trips to Mustang Bowl?

KTA
10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Oh, and there was something about hauling the whole helmet, smoke machine and tunnel down in to the bowl......

Yeah I heard that as well....I thought them coming through the stands was pretty freaking cool.

bigron15
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by lakers
So how is the whole pink endzone thing comin????

yea we should be getting new turf in the next year or 2. my cousin is a coach at sweetwater and he said that they have been putting money aside for years to replace all the turf.