PDA

View Full Version : States leading rusher

turbostud
10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Friday vs San Benito Rivas had 431 yards 4 TD's on 25 carries with TD runs of 88,80,78 and 60.

Mishak Rivas/Weslaco - (8 games) 135 carries 2,088 (15.5ypc)26 tds.

Marcus Wright/Reagan - (9 games) - 213 carries 2,067 (9.7ypc) 29 tds.

07 highlights thru 5 games (http://www.rgvsports.com/video/uservideo/index.php?bcpid=1184486263&bclid=1184542472&bctid=1243551893)

link (http://www.rgvsports.com/articles/rivas_821___article.xml/yards_san.html)

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 02:58 PM
:mad: Are they gonna make the playoffs? I want to see him play!!

87 TIGER
10-29-2007, 03:35 PM
with a 2000 plus yd rusher they should make the play-offs.
They should make a deep play-off run.imo

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 03:38 PM
stranger things have happened!

turbostud
10-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Yea we'll be in. We are 5-0 in district with 2 games left and a showdown with Los Fresnos for the 32-5a title on Nov. 9. This friday will determine whether or not we go Div 1 or Div 2. Most likely will be playing Harlingen or PSJA North in round 1.

projected Reg4 5a playoff bracket Div1 (http://www.5atexasfootball.com/d1proj.htm)

turbostud
10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
with a 2000 plus yd rusher they should make the play-offs.
They should make a deep play-off run.imo
Our Defense is the key. Our Offense can only carry us so far.

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Yea we'll be in. We are 5-0 in district with 2 games left and a showdown with Los Fresnos for the 32-5a title on Nov. 9. This friday will determine whether or not we go Div 1 or Div 2. Most likely will be playing Harlingen or PSJA North in round 1.

projected Reg4 5a playoff bracket Div1 (http://www.5atexasfootball.com/d1proj.htm)

Nov 9th :thinking: Where is the game?

buff4life
10-29-2007, 03:53 PM
in 5A, Region IV is a joke they might make a deep run in their region but thats not saying much, the Region III rep will rip them apart...

turbostud
10-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Nov 9th :thinking: Where is the game?
In Los Fresnos. Its gonna be a barn burner.

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 04:09 PM
In Los Fresnos. Its gonna be a barn burner. Let me look at the map! :D :nerd:

157 miles one way - not bad! I just might have to think about this one!!

turbostud
10-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Let me look at the map! :D :nerd:

157 miles one way - not bad! I just might have to think about this one!!
Tickets will be very hard to get unless you got an insider.
I got a sideline pass or I can score some student tickets if you want them.

turbostud
10-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
in 5A, Region IV is a joke they might make a deep run in their region but thats not saying much, the Region III rep will rip them apart...
Yea thats usually the case but thats why they play the game.

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Tickets will be very hard to get unless you got an insider.
I got a sideline pass or I can score some student tickets if you want them. Sweet! I don't think I can pass as a student, but bless you!! :) I'll let you know.

Could you buy 2 adult tickets and I'll pay you when I get there? Are they reserved seating?

turbostud
10-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Sweet! I don't think I can pass as a student, but bless you!! :) I'll let you know.

Could you buy 2 adult tickets and I'll pay you when I get there? Are they reserved seating?
I would have to stand in line to get them on Thurs and I have to work. I have a season tickets. At worst I can get student tickets so you at least get to see the game.
I have a sideline pass that I could use and you can use my tickets.

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I would have to stand in line to get them on Thurs and I have to work. I have a season tickets. At worst I can get student tickets so you at least get to see the game.
I have a sideline pass that I could use and you can use my tickets.

Cool. I'll let you know. :thumbsup:

turbostud
10-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Ok.
We have the 2nd leading scoring offense in the state behind SLC.
link (http://5atexasfootball.com/07scoringleaders.htm)

sweetwater07
10-29-2007, 05:48 PM

i always thought every class in Region IV was a joke....

other than the select few, the valley doesn't hold too much does it?

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

other than the select few, the valley doesn't hold too much does it? Are you kidding me? Every kid in the valley runs a 4.3 or 4.4.

Rivas is only 5'6 haha

turbostud
10-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Rivas is only 5'6 haha
So is Marcus Wright from Reagan.:doh:
So the states 2 leading rushers are 5'6. Now thats funny.
link (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=52763&Sport=1)

turbostud
10-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

other than the select few, the valley doesn't hold too much does it?
So your calling teams like SmithsonValley, Converse Judson, SA Madison, Austin Westlake, CC Calallen, Cuero a joke?
As far as the Valley goes, we get that every year, nothing new.

TigerPride
10-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Friday vs San Benito Rivas had 431 yards 4 TD's on 25 carries with TD runs of 88,80,78 and 60.

Mishak Rivas/Weslaco - (8 games) 135 carries 2,088 (15.5ypc)26 tds.

Marcus Wright/Reagan - (9 games) - 213 carries 2,067 (9.7ypc) 29 tds.]

Will Clay/ SNYDER TIGERS-(8 games)- 213 carries 1691yds. (7.9ypc) 22 tds.Not bad for a west texas boy... GO TIGERS!!!(the best 6-2 team in the state)

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
So your calling teams like SmithsonValley, Converse Judson, SA Madison, Austin Westlake, CC Calallen, Cuero a joke?
As far as the Valley goes, we get that every year, nothing new. You can only grab a handful of teams from those regions.

buff4life
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM

ok, pretty much anyteam South of San Antonio

Bull Butter
10-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I knew this would turn into a South Texas-bashing thread.

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Well South Texas puts up great stats but it against NOBODY.

Bull Butter
10-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Well South Texas puts up great stats but it against NOBODY.

Like I was saying................

sweetwater07
10-29-2007, 08:47 PM

those are not the teams i was referring to, i meant the actual valley,

weslaco, donna, harlingen, edinburg. thats who i meant

not too much of anything down there is there?

LHPfactory
10-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah, Reg IV has Cuero and Wimberley, but when you get to the Valley, the comp is not the same. The Loredo/Mcallen area teams will come North 10-0 and go home as soon as they see some one from SA, Austin, Houston, or North Texas (Dallas To Amarillo) areas.

yoemenkracker30
10-30-2007, 10:19 AM

Haven't most of the teams from the DII championship been from R IV lately? with exception of Katy.....aren't Westlake and Smithson Valley from 4?

Bull Butter
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Yeah, Reg IV has Cuero and Wimberley, but when you get to the Valley, the comp is not the same. The Loredo/Mcallen area teams will come North 10-0 and go home as soon as they see some one from SA, Austin, Houston, or North Texas (Dallas To Amarillo) areas.

Surprising someone from Liberty Hill would say that, since LH was eliminated from the playoffs by a Valley team a few years ago.

Old Tiger
10-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Surprising someone from Liberty Hill would say that, since LH was eliminated from the playoffs by a Valley team a few years ago. That's when they were in Region IV:hand: Now they're a good region III team:p

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Surprising someone from Liberty Hill would say that, since LH was eliminated from the playoffs by a Valley team a few years ago.
He's also from "down South". ;)

R4Editor
11-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Are you kidding me? Every kid in the valley runs a 4.3 or 4.4.

Rivas is only 5'6 haha Copied from RGV forum, originally posted by Boost

Weslaco High’s Mishak Rivas is having one of the greatest seasons by a running back in Texas history — and Division I coaches are taking notice.

Just hours after his team exploded in the fourth quarter for a 28-25 win over Nebraska on Saturday, Texas coach Mack Brown called Rivas to congratulate him on his record-breaking day against San Benito.

“There are some kids in your career that you’ll see, and they’re special,” Weslaco High coach Tony Villarreal said. “And then there are some kids that are very special. But he’s real special. He’s off the charts special. He’s definitely a D-I player.”

Fresno State also called over the weekend to offer Rivas a scholarship, Villarreal said Tuesday, and Rivas is planning trips to visit three schools that have shown interest: Texas, Texas Christian and Houston.

Rivas ran for 431 yards and four touchdowns in the Panthers’ 41-21 win at San Benito, which was widely regarded as having the best run defense in the Rio Grande Valley. That performance gave him 2,088 rushing yards with two regular-season games remaining. He’s averaging an eye-popping 15.7 yards per carry.

McAllen Memorial’s Bradley Stephens set the RGV single-season rushing record at 2,622 yards in 10 games (nine regular season, one playoff game) in 2005.

In the playoffs

Thanks in large part to Rivas, the Weslaco High Panthers have clinched a postseason berth already, as has Los Fresnos. San Benito can clinch the third 32-5A playoff spot with a win Saturday at Brownsville Hanna.

Seems Div 1 coaches dont share the same laugh as u do :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Copied from RGV forum, originally posted by Boost

Weslaco High’s Mishak Rivas is having one of the greatest seasons by a running back in Texas history — and Division I coaches are taking notice.

Just hours after his team exploded in the fourth quarter for a 28-25 win over Nebraska on Saturday, Texas coach Mack Brown called Rivas to congratulate him on his record-breaking day against San Benito.

“There are some kids in your career that you’ll see, and they’re special,” Weslaco High coach Tony Villarreal said. “And then there are some kids that are very special. But he’s real special. He’s off the charts special. He’s definitely a D-I player.”

Fresno State also called over the weekend to offer Rivas a scholarship, Villarreal said Tuesday, and Rivas is planning trips to visit three schools that have shown interest: Texas, Texas Christian and Houston.

Rivas ran for 431 yards and four touchdowns in the Panthers’ 41-21 win at San Benito, which was widely regarded as having the best run defense in the Rio Grande Valley. That performance gave him 2,088 rushing yards with two regular-season games remaining. He’s averaging an eye-popping 15.7 yards per carry.

McAllen Memorial’s Bradley Stephens set the RGV single-season rushing record at 2,622 yards in 10 games (nine regular season, one playoff game) in 2005.

In the playoffs

Thanks in large part to Rivas, the Weslaco High Panthers have clinched a postseason berth already, as has Los Fresnos. San Benito can clinch the third 32-5A playoff spot with a win Saturday at Brownsville Hanna.

Seems Div 1 coaches dont share the same laugh as u do :rolleyes: Rivas is good...I love watching his highlight film. But it is funny that he is only 5'6" and dominating like that.