PDA

View Full Version : Celina's 1st 2 game losing streak since 1997...

kepdawg
10-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Plus a Pilot Point upset of Frisco Wakeland

I'm not say it is going to happen. I don't think it will happen. But pretend Celina loses two games in a row for the first time since the opening two games of 1997 (actually a three game losing streak having lost to Italy in the area round of the playoffs in 1996). It would take a Prosper upset of Celina in week 9 followed by a Whitesboro upset of Celina in week 10. Add a Pilot Point upset of Frisco Wakeland in week 10. No other upsets in the last two weeks and you get the following.

Celina 5-2, losses to Prosper and Whitesboro
Wakeland 5-2, losses to Celina and Pilot Point
Prosper 5-2, losses to Whitesboro and Wakeland
Pilot Point 5-2, losses to Celina and Prosper
Whitesboro 5-2, losses to Wakeland and Pilot Point

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I'm not say it is going to happen. I don't think it will happen. But pretend Celina loses two games in a row for the first time since the opening two games of 1997 (actually a three game losing streak having lost to Italy in the area round of the playoffs in 1996). It would take a Prosper upset of Celina in week 9 followed by a Whitesboro upset of Celina in week 10. Add a Pilot Point upset of Frisco Wakeland in week 10. No other upsets in the last two weeks and you get the following.

Wake Up kepdawg! come on buddy, Wake Up! kepdawg, Wake up man! come on.

Well, I'm afraid he has expired!

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2007, 12:44 PM

Okay, I'll play.

If Sweetwater beats:

Breckenridge, Argyle, Graham, Ft. Stockton, Snyder, Celina, and
Giddings...Sweetwater will be state champs.

:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: Here do you want to pass it back
to you?

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2007, 12:48 PM
If that were to happen, I don't want to be on the Downlow afterward because it might implode. :eek: :eek: :devil:

BobcatBenny
10-29-2007, 12:49 PM

Personally, I love this kind of post.
It shows that a certain higher level of 3A football fandom (is that a word?).

A loss by Celina this week would certainly get everyone's attention. Unfortunately for Prosper, there is a juggernaut headed into town this Friday.

I remember last year's game. For some reason Prosper got it in their heads that they could compete with Celina. They turned out a huge crowd. Oh well, if and buts.

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

A loss by Celina this week would certainly get everyone's attention. Unfortunately for Prosper, there is a juggernaut headed into town this Friday.

I remember last year's game. For some reason Prosper got it in their heads that they could compete with Celina. They turned out a huge crowd. Oh well, if and buts.

Tell the truth. Do you think the New England Patriots could
hang with Celina for atleast three quarters?:rolleyes:

BobcatBenny
10-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Tell the truth. Do you think the New England Patriots could
hang with Celina for atleast three quarters?:rolleyes:
Well, maybe into the third. :D

lakers
10-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, maybe into the third. :D

I would give it the first 5 minutes of the game. lol

Johnny 5
10-29-2007, 02:39 PM
It depends if the Pats are video taping the play callers :D

crzyjournalist03
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Well, the Pats are certainly the better overall team, but Celina would win without question.

The Pats would have to fofeit for using ineligible players at the HS level.

Stownhorse
10-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If that were to happen, I don't want to be on the Downlow afterward because it might implode. :eek: :eek: :devil:

The feeling is mutual for LH :tongue: :D

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
The feeling is mutual for LH :tongue: :D
:hand: We lost two in a row last year. :p

block&tackle
10-29-2007, 03:53 PM

2005 was the best Celina team that I have seen. We went into Prosper with a 6-0 record and had only given up 10 points in those 6 games. We had murdered them the year before. What was the result? I will remember that 27-21 win for a long time - never did get the sweat stains out of that shirt.

Anyway, I think that we would be all right under Kep's scenario - they would have to beat us by 3-4 TD's apiece to knock us out of the playoffs as we are +86 against those teams so far.