PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox are the 2007 World Champions!!!

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Fantastic run after being down 3-1 to Cleveland... Seven straight wins.

GO SOX!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-28-2007, 11:10 PM
WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO. GO RANGERS!!!!!

BullsFan
10-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Congrats to the Sox, and also to slpy, who more or less dragged the entire extended family into the BoSox fandom.

(Okay, so the movie Fever Pitch helped. Hee!)

State_In_08
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
I was pulling for the Rockies to win this. I'm tired of seeing teams pay their way into the World Series. It's obvious that higher payroll's win out. Time for a salary cap in baseball.

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Congrats to the Sox, and also to slpy, who more or less dragged the entire extended family into the BoSox fandom.

(Okay, so the movie Fever Pitch helped. Hee!)

You know you love them too... (and thanks to my help, I know you do! :) )

JR2004
10-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I was pulling for the Rockies to win this. I'm tired of seeing teams pay their way into the World Series. It's obvious that higher payroll's win out. Time for a salary cap in baseball.

They have a cap, but it doesn't mean that much. Baseball needs a hard cap.

BullsFan
10-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
You know you love them too... (and thanks to my help, I know you do! :) )

I admit it--I totally do. Couldn't be happier that they won the Big One. :)

Okay, I would be happier if it was the Rangers. But for them not being a home team, that was huge!

bigron15
10-28-2007, 11:22 PM
now its time for papelbon to do his irish step dance

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
and Beckett with him... he promised!

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I admit it--I totally do. Couldn't be happier that they won the Big One. :)

Okay, I would be happier if it was the Rangers. But for them not being a home team, that was huge!

I will love my Rangers again when the owner leaves. But I always love my sox!

State_In_08
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
They have a cap, but it doesn't mean that much. Baseball needs a hard cap.

You can't seriously call what Major League Baseball has a true salary cap. It's more like a guideline that no one follows.

JR2004
10-28-2007, 11:51 PM
You can't seriously call what Major League Baseball has a true salary cap. It's more like a guideline that no one follows.

I didn't say I liked MLB's version of the salary cap. It's a soft cap that means absolutely nothing to teams like New York and Boston that just spend the other three teams in their division into oblivion year after year.

zebrablue2
10-29-2007, 05:43 AM
many congrats to the sox. world champions.

SpeedOption
10-29-2007, 06:20 AM

To a point maybe? But you still have to hit, field, throw. If that were true then the evil empire aka the Yanks would win every year. Granted they have bought talent, but the Sox haven't won it every year. Anyone but the Yanks and the Sox winning it just rubs it in George's face, which I like.

big daddy russ
10-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Not exactly true. Four of the past seven WS champs were small market teams.