PDA

View Full Version : Giddings, Caldwell, Navasota, Lexington, Somerville & Hearne

orangeblood
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Interesting.... This really has nothing to do with anything, but it was my 100th post so I did something different.

Last year Lexington, Somerville and Hearne went deep into the play-offs and Lexington and Somerville played eachother in the Qtr finals, one from Lee county and one from Burleson county

This year Giddings & Caldwell have a chance, if everthing falls right to play in the Qtr finals.
Also Giddings and Lexington live on Hwy 77
Caldwell and Somerville live on hwy 36
Navasota and Hearne live on Hwy 6

Kinda interesting maybe.....

State_In_08
10-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Interesting indeed, but I believe in the team from HWY 6. ;)

Oh, and about your signature... your opinion may change after this friday.

buff4life
10-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08

considering Giddings BEAT Navasota...

State_In_08
10-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
considering Giddings BEAT Navasota...

I could sit here and argue with you all night about how we should have won that game, but I won't seeing as how a win is a win and a loss is a loss. The main reason for that post is that I think the Rattlers get better by the week (not saying that the Buffs don't) and if you replaced the La Grange and Giddings games on Navasota's schedule, the Rattlers would end up winning district 23-3A.

navscanmaster
10-29-2007, 06:42 AM
I could sit here and argue with you all night about how we should have won that game, but I won't seeing as how a win is a win and a loss is a loss. The main reason for that post is that I think the Rattlers get better by the week (not saying that the Buffs don't) and if you replaced the La Grange and Giddings games on Navasota's schedule, the Rattlers would end up winning district 23-3A.

You mean like switch the two of them out? Yeah, but Giddings defense is peaking right now. You really want to think like that?

Darren
10-29-2007, 07:01 AM

Thats funny.

State_In_08
10-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Thats funny.

I'm not laughing. And even though Giddings defense is peaking, so is the Navasota offense.

Darren
10-29-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm not laughing.

I am.....

Navasota is good.... In fact I picked them to beat Caldwell by 3. But you were both beat by Giddings...

Bull19
10-29-2007, 11:11 AM

haha , u might wanna change your signature.

buff4life
10-29-2007, 01:04 PM

and i could argue with you about why Giddings should have beat Navasota by more...

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
haha , u might wanna change your signature.
Well, he's got another year to go for it to happen. :D

Rattlesnake_08
10-29-2007, 03:35 PM
and i could argue with you about why Giddings should have beat Navasota by more...

And I could argue why Navasota should have put 4 or even five score on Giddings.

Darren
10-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
And I could argue why Navasota should have put 4 or even five score on Giddings.

Lets settle this argument....

Giddings Won....

buff4life
10-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08

and once again, i could say why Giddings should have scored 70, but guess what, we got tackled...

give credit to the Giddings defense and not the what if game...

navscanmaster
10-29-2007, 04:49 PM
and once again, i could say why Giddings should have scored 70, but guess what, we got tackled...

I agree. Just be happy that we played Giddings their best game of the year. And if they win state, then it really ain't that bad looking back at the end of the year. Remember, we get most of our playmakers back next year. We'll have our chance next year, and this year is not over yet either.

orangeblood
10-29-2007, 08:51 PM

Dude, I lost a bet and I have to post like that for a week, 5 days left and counting, and Giddings did beat Navasota.... So friday night one way or the other would not change my mind if i thought that....

orangeblood
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM

Also the post was unique in the fact that I was saying Navasota goes big school DI and goes deep and Caldwell and Giddings rematch at the D2 Qtr finals.. I thought it was neat that they had the hwy in common... and the 4 teams from the same county, thats all, wanted something positive for my 100th post but see it turned in to a post of what if's. And I'm not so sure Giddings would say Navasota played them their best game after all Giddings beat you at home, I'll venture to say had Navasota went to Giddings the score wouldn't have been 21-14... And Giddings Defense stopped us 3 times inside their 5 yard line. Awesome. Face it Giddings is better than Navasota get over it now, don't let that consume you...

zebrablue2
10-29-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm not laughing. And even though Giddings defense is peaking, so is the Navasota offense.

welcome to the board State_In_08. 17 post's in eh. work it slow.
the rattlers were not gonna beat giddings this year, no matter when they played them. good luck the rest of the way.

State_In_08
10-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Haha, I love the fact that my posts have riled everyone in this thread, including it seems, some Rattler fans.

Fact is, you have your opinions, and I have mine. I believe that Navasota should have won that game, but as I stated in my SECOND post, I don't want to get into that conversation because a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Glad you guys read and understand all the posts.

Anyways, Caldwell vs. Navasota ought to clear up the thoughts of some of the people in this thread. But I pose this question to all of you:

If Giddings is the #1 team, and Caldwell is say, #10, if Navasota beats Caldwell Friday night, does that make them a top 10 team?

Bull19
10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Haha, I love the fact that my posts have riled everyone in this thread, including it seems, some Rattler fans.

Fact is, you have your opinions, and I have mine. I believe that Navasota should have won that game, but as I stated in my SECOND post, I don't want to get into that conversation because a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Glad you guys read and understand all the posts.

Anyways, Caldwell vs. Navasota ought to clear up the thoughts of some of the people in this thread. But I pose this question to all of you:

If Giddings is the #1 team, and Caldwell is say, #10, if Navasota beats Caldwell Friday night, does that make them a top 10 team?

no it doesnt

State_In_08
10-29-2007, 10:25 PM
no it doesnt

Care to elaborate why it doesn't? Playing a very good Giddings team within 7 and beating a pretty good Caldwell team would seem reason enough to me for them to crack the Top 10, even if it is only #9 or #10.

Bull19
10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Care to elaborate why it doesn't? Playing a very good Giddings team within 7 and beating a pretty good Caldwell team would seem reason enough to me for them to crack the Top 10, even if it is only #9 or #10.

probably because caldwell isnt a top 10 team.....

State_In_08
10-29-2007, 10:39 PM
probably because caldwell isnt a top 10 team.....

And how do you figure that? They dominated almost every opponent up until Giddings. And even then, I hear the game was actually closer than the 21-7 score indicates. I think they have more than proved they are deserving of being in the Top 10, but only in the bottom of it.

Bull19
10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
And how do you figure that? They dominated almost every opponent up until Giddings. And even then, I hear the game was actually closer than the 21-7 score indicates. I think they have more than proved they are deserving of being in the Top 10, but only in the bottom of it.

they were ranked#9 by dctf prior to giddings game, they lost, they will now most likely not be in top 10 now....thats why i think this......

you have your opinions i have mine

so if bellville beats giddings they should then be ranked in the top 5????? i dont think so

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2007, 10:50 PM

so if bellville beats giddings they should then be ranked in the top 5????? i dont think so

Thats funny, but if that were to happen, just give Bellville the state ring, and call off the rest of the season.

Bull19
10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Thats funny, but if that were to happen, just give Bellville the state ring, and call off the rest of the season.

haha

State_In_08
10-29-2007, 11:08 PM
they were ranked#9 by dctf prior to giddings game, they lost, they will now most likely not be in top 10 now....thats why i think this......

you have your opinions i have mine

I don't know if Caldwell quite deserves to fall completely out of the Top 10, maybe move down a spot.

Now your just being ridiculous. If Bellville had knocked off Navasota, La Grange, Smithville, Caldwell, and came close to beating Giddings would they be in the Top 10?

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Also the post was unique in the fact that I was saying Navasota goes big school DI and goes deep and Caldwell and Giddings rematch at the D2 Qtr finals.. I thought it was neat that they had the hwy in common... and the 4 teams from the same county, thats all, wanted something positive for my 100th post but see it turned in to a post of what if's. And I'm not so sure Giddings would say Navasota played them their best game after all Giddings beat you at home, I'll venture to say had Navasota went to Giddings the score wouldn't have been 21-14... And Giddings Defense stopped us 3 times inside their 5 yard line. Awesome. Face it Giddings is better than Navasota get over it now, don't let that consume you...

Aight, here we go again. Giddings won, period. Navasota is good, Giddings is good, and Caldwell is good too. Now, Caldwell and Navasota should focus on the game on Friday since they are going head to head. No matter where you play, the best team should win. With that been said, Navasota and Caldwell could argue that they should've beaten Giddings, but it didn't happen. If the game versus Navasota had been played in Giddings, the Buffaloes could have beaten us by much more or we could have beaten them. The game was close in the fourth quarter and thanks to the Buffaloes D. the Rattlers failed to put points on the board. On the other hand, Caldwell could argue that they were stopped 3 times inside of Gidding's 5 yard line. But, you didn't. Does that say that Giddings defence is good? Yes! What does it say for Caldwell? Maybe Caldwell is not as good as everyone say that they are or maybe they are. If I were Caldwell, I wouldn't use the fact that the Hornets got inside the 5 yard line and came up short all three time. That's nothing to write home about.

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 10:12 AM

Duh!

48minutes
10-30-2007, 02:52 PM

wow, Did I read that right? Give the Giddings Defense credit when deserved.
This made me laugh.

Navasota needs to focus on this week, If they come out firing they will win, no doubt. Caldwell wears down 2nd half.
GO NAVASOTA

Pudlugger
10-30-2007, 11:17 PM

I see some folks think Navasota has already beaten La Grange. Dangerous attitude...the leps will not be so easily dispatched. :cool:

navscanmaster
10-31-2007, 08:10 AM
They love hearing themselves talk. But as far as the Leps are concerned, they had better keep focused with Smithville. Those guys play HARD until their lack of depth kicks in and two way starters just run out of gas. Really quick motion offense, and they don't set a pattern. I don't think that LaGrange will have to worry about getting beat, but you don't think it was a little scary for us sitting there at the start of the 4th thinking "oh my god, I can never show my cyber-face on the downlow if we lose to Smithville."