PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell @ Giddings: Everything But the Game

kepdawg
10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I had a nice trip to and from Giddings with Gsquared.

Traffic wasn't too bad, but I wasn't driving so I don't care anyway.

We met in Desoto and pulled out just after 11AM. We got into Giddings around 1:30PM.

We took a brief detour in Cameron to take a look at the stadium. It is evident that visitors are not welcome in Cameron as there is little room for them.

We did get lost for a brief moment in Cameron when 77 shifted, but Gsquared was also trying to do a little more research while in Cameron.

Upon arriving in Giddings, Gsquared made sure we got to the nicest Dairy Queen in the world as quick as possible.

We had blizzards while we waited at the nicest Dairy Queen in the world for pirate4state to meet us.

After pirate4state arrived we walked just down the street to meet Darren at Fastenal. Darren showed Gsquared the port-a-cool unit while pirate4state looked for things to knock down.

Pirate4state did say she was impressed with the nut driver.

Around 3:15PM we went on to the school.

Gsquared and I had planned on using our free time to have pirate4state run routes on the field, but she refused. I told her we would teach her the swinging hinge since we didn't have enough people to execute the swinging gate.

While Darren and his Lion's Club buddies prepared our catfish dinner, Gsquared, pirate4state, and I hung out at a nearby picnic table as pirate4state grilled Gsquared about all of the contacts in his cell phone.

After Gsquared noticed the Lion's Club member with a hook hand, we began to brainstorm about how he came to have the hook hand.

While we were waiting Go Blue showed up.

Not too long after that it was time to eat, so we headed on it to the Giddings High School cafeteria.

While eating pirate4state fell in love with a particular gentleman who was overseeing one of the catfish lines.

Pirate4state also said that Sinton's cafeteria could kick Giddings' cafeteria's butt!

About 5:45PM we decided it was time to go ahead and get our tickets and head to our seats.

Pirate4state went and bought our tickets and then entered the stadium on the visitor's side walking right past a closed ticket booth.

We promptly made our way to the top row, 50 yard line where Gsquared and Go Blue spent five minutes arguing over which one of them was actually on the 50.

Shortly after, the Caldwell coaches setup shop in the crow's nest directly behind us and even asked if we were ready to call plays if they needed us to.

We were also fortunate enough to have a scout right behind us to give us the inside scoop on all the recruits.

DU_stud04 and mwynn05 surprised us with a phone call that they were on the way. They arrived just in time after parking in Lexington and walking to the stadium.

Giddings has the largest inflatable helmet I have ever seen and the shortest goalposts I have ever seen.

The Buffalo by the street looks lonely.

Once the game started it quickly became apparent that we were lucky enough to be sitting just a few rows behind Mr. Obvious Man who coincidentally also happened to be Mr. Stand Up Sit Down Man. Go Blue did his best to encourage him echoing his obvious yells to the players and coaches.

The stadium was packed. The fences were lined. The trucks were set up across the street.

Once the game started I didn't notice the band from either team.

It didn't appear that Caldwell had the usual student section that I am accustomed to. It appeared that the large majority of Caldwell fans were at the game as families.

Caldwell has an intersting blend of people as most places do. There were lots of beards and lots of Cowboys hats. There was certainly no shortage of nice looking females either. Does anyone know who the four are that wear matching orange and grey striped shirts? Just wondering if it was just a fan thing or if they had any significance such as being coaches wives. They stood out as being different from the rest of the fans.

The nicest looking females happened to be a trio from Cameron I noticed at halftime. This may back up Gsquared's research I mentioned earlier.

After the game we were finally able to get out the back way after 15-20 minutes. DU_stud04 gave us a call when we were in Waco to let us know they had finally arrived back to their car.

We picked up the scoreboard show on Rockdale's radio station.

Does anybody know where Squeakers is? Or is that a game? During the local score update the guy would be giving out scores and then say, "In Squeakers..." We weren't sure if a game was played in Squeakers Friday night or if a game of Squeakers was played. I think he may have also mention something about "In Blowouts..." It was a weird sounding guy on the radio.

Gsquared made sure to show me the rocket in Robinson and then we hopped on 35 and headed the rest of the way home.

I'm sure there's probably a few things I forgot, so Gsquared, pirate4state, Go Blue, DU_stud04, mwynn05, or Darren may have to add something to the story.

Overall, I'd say it was a successful trip.

Old Tiger
10-28-2007, 08:46 PM
That scout was part of the reason i didn't come back. He was loud and obnoxious

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 08:54 PM
:clap: I'm still bummed I didn't get a picture of my guy in the cafeteria. :crying:

Or the other guy standing just to kep's right from Caldwell.

It's all about the hair, baby!!!! :D :D

Darren
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
The gentleman with the hook hand is named is Harry. I think that he may have lost it on the job as he worked for many years for the local electrical co-op. He is a great guy.

As far as the game goes ya'll had a better prespective than I did I was bascially standing under the scoreboard the whole game. I couldn't tell if it was a 20 yard run or a loss if 10 from the position that I was standing in.

Which guy was Pirate4State eyeballing?

Old Tiger
10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Darren

Which guy was Pirate4State eyeballing? The guy that looked like Captain Ron

Darren
10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: I'm still bummed I didn't get a picture of my guy in the cafeteria. :crying:

Or the other guy standing just to kep's right from Caldwell.

It's all about the hair, baby!!!! :D :D

Now I know who your speaking of.

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:01 PM
LOL! :o :p

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:03 PM
LOL! :o :p

I'll be sure to pass on your number to Micheal...

buff4life
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
i think i know the three ladies from Cameron your talking about!! :D :D

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:06 PM
I'll be sure to pass on your number to Micheal...

:eek: :eek: :evillol:

I like you more & more each day!!! :cool: :D

Old Tiger
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
I probably do too

buff4life
10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I probably do too

lol...and to rita, goot old mikey, he's a friendly character i must say lol...many good times with him

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
lol...and to rita, goot old mikey, he's a friendly character i must say lol...many good times with him

dude - what happened to you? you get to the game late or what? or you just didn't want to hang out with the crazy DL'ers :D

buff4life
10-28-2007, 09:11 PM
did yall watch our kicker kick in pregame?

DU_stud04
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
i guess im that deaf i couldnt hear so called scout talking behind yall. i was thinking of ways to knock the guy infront of me down without hurting people.....

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
did yall watch our kicker kick in pregame?

yep, very impressive!

buff4life
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
dude - what happened to you? you get to the game late or what? or you just didn't want to hang out with the crazy DL'ers :D

I called Gsquared, but he said he was already fighting off people for yalls seats, i got to the stadium about 615, and actually attended the "meet and greet" that never happened lol..

Old Tiger
10-28-2007, 09:18 PM
me too

c-town_balla
10-28-2007, 09:19 PM
you got lost in cameron....wow

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:19 PM
I called Gsquared, but he said he was already fighting off people for yalls seats, i got to the stadium about 615, and actually attended the "meet and greet" that never happened lol.. yeah, we figured if we all got up to leave the people sitting in the aisles :mad: would take our seats!!!

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah, we figured if we all got up to leave the people sitting in the aisles :mad: would take our seats!!!

I thought that you said that you didn't care to meet Buff4Life or Buff4ever what was that about.....:D

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
I thought that you said that you didn't care to meet Buff4Life or Buff4ever what was that about.....:D

HAHAHAHAHA when did I say that? i think i was just distracted by the nut driver!! :D

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The guy that looked like Captain Ron

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rita, call me tomorrow!:D

DU_stud04
10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
its about 2pm and i get a message from mark

mark: what game you going to?
me: thought about going to giddings, but its kinda far and im going to this dance tonight
mark:yea, i thought about going to giddings too
me: feelin crazy?
mark: yea
me: dang it...... whatever lets go

a hour later mark shows up at my apartment in arlington and we leave for giddings....

me and mark would have gotten there earlier but we followed passenger seat girl for about 30 miles around the waco area. passenger seat girl was hott!

also thought about going and taking a picture in robinson of their rocket.

hahaha

we showed up around 6, and decided to go to walmart so we could get money. some guy started following us to the car, the asked for a ride to brookshire.... we pretended like we didnt hear him and left FAST then ate mcdonalds. spent about 20 minutes waiting jsut to get a parking about 1 mile from the stadium. all during this time, im convincing everyone i have the biggest hick accent ever. mark laughed all day.

rita gave our tickets away to some lady so we had to track her down.

got to our seats just in time for the national anthem.

somewhere inbetween the game, i got a splinter on my leg from the wooden bleachers, thought about sueing giddings. game was over and we continued out hike to the car. we got there and i just realize i parked in a big mud pile. me and mark decide to go muddin my my ford taurus.

stoped in waco at taco cabana and immediatly get profiled by the cops there..... i dont think they like my kind..... they tensed up when we walked in and even came inside.

i think we got to arlington around 2 am? no telling when mark got abck to denton.

fun trip indeed.

never did get to meet up with fencepost with muscles. some other day buddy.

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rita, call me tomorrow!:D

haha this story might be better "in person" :D

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHA when did I say that? i think i was just distracted by the nut driver!! :D

I'm glad you liked the nut driver so much (and Michael for that matter).

I have found it strange how impressed everyone has been with the Dairy Queen. Sure its nice but it didn't know that it would be the feather in Giddings' hat.

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I paid $20 bucks for 4 tickets and only 2 people used them

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
never did get to meet up with fencepost with muscles. some other day buddy.

Who would this be?

kepdawg
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
you got lost in cameron....wow

Gsquared was doing research!

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm glad you liked the nut driver so much (and Michael for that matter).

I have found it strange how impressed everyone has been with the Dairy Queen. Sure its nice but it didn't know that it would be the feather in Giddings' hat.

I should have done what kep suggested - put in my purse! :eek: I kid, I kid... :D

G was the one impressed - Aransas Pass DQ is just as nice!

kepdawg
10-28-2007, 09:40 PM
First DQ I've been in since the mid 90's

Most of them are closed around here

I sure don't remember any that nice

DU_stud04
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Who would this be? bbde, who else :D

didnt go to the meet and greet, too many people to get around...plus my whole meet and greet rule, ill meet you before or after the game, i like my halftimes for me :D

c-town_balla
10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
research eh? I really dont know what could be researched in Cameron

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2007, 10:05 PM
G was the one impressed - Aransas Pass DQ is just as nice!

Our's is great....thanks for noticing. :D