PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs Bellville

Bull's-eye
10-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Giddings should win this game rather easily. I would like to see Bellville give Tallerine the start at QB, doesn't hurt to look to next season.

rancher
10-28-2007, 08:41 PM
I just hope that it does not get to bad. What about the soph. who was qb on the freshman team. I like tallerine's attitude, but he lacks throwing ability. Agree would like to see a QB change.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Giddings should win this game rather easily. I would like to see Bellville give Tallerine the start at QB, doesn't hurt to look to next season.

Looks good for next season if Bellville does not have players quit, or move!

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Bellville is a good team....

But Giddings has this one by 17.

buff4life
10-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Bellville is a good team....

But Giddings has this one by 17.

i'll go Giddings by 31..gotta give Arteaga a little practice

Bull19
10-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Looks good for next season if Bellville does not have players quit, or move!

heard that as well,,,,,heard from a VERY reliable source, very close to the team who said nunn is out next year because he is moving and that, 3 or 4 starters are not planning on playing next year.......i guess only time will tell with these things, but one thing is for certain. their MUST be a qb change.....

i've got giddings by 40+

Johnny Utah
10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Why sooo many players not playing or moving? Bellville has a great tradition in football.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Bellville tends to play their best when playing better teams. With that being said, look for the Brahmas to play this one close early on. Bellville should look to pass more. In the game against Navasota, the Brahmas did a great job of passing the ball. Mix Nunn into the scheme and this game could be close. However, I don't think that Bellville have enough to take down the Buffaloes. I am picking Giddings by 20.

Bulligator
10-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Boston College 41, Notre Dame 39 (Nov. 20, 1993) -- Boston College's David Gordon connects on a 41-yard field goal in the final seconds to dash Notre Dame's national championship hopes.

Texas 37, Nebraska 27 (Dec. 7, 1996) -- The Longhorns surprise Nebraska in the first-ever Big 12 championship game when James Brown hits Derek Lewis for 61 yards on a 4th-and-inches play, setting up the insurance touchdown.

Temple 28, Virginia Tech 24 (Oct. 17, 1998) -- 5-0 Virginia Tech jumps out to a 17-0 lead on 0-5 Temple in a game the Hokies are favored by 35 1/2 points. The Owls roar back to win on the road against a defense that had allowed just 30 points total in its previous five games.

Kansas State 35, Oklahoma 7 (Dec. 6, 2003) -- The Wildcats upset the 12-0 Sooners when they score the 35 unanswered points, led by 235 yards rushing from Darren Sproles and 4 TD passes from Ell Roberson.

Ohio State 31, Miami, Fla. 24 in 2 OT (Jan. 3, 2003) -- Ohio State wins its first outright national title since 1968 by ending Miami's 34-game unbeaten streak, albeit in the wake of a controversial call.

And, of course, Appalachian State over Michigan may be the greatest upset in the history of college football. And yes, it can happen in high school also. Imagine this title to a post on Friday night:

Bellville Donkey Stomps (I couldn’t resist) Giddings 35 – 24!

Can it happen? Yes. Will it happen? The odds are never in 100 years.

Giddings is coming off its biggest two games and wins of the year. Bellville is coming off its biggest loss of the year. Is the recipe right for an upset in the making? Will the Buffaloes rest some of their starters the next two games? Can Bellville play lights out with nothing to lose? Will we see another Caldwell game like last year?

Okay, I’ll come down off my Christmas wish list and back to reality. Bellville is the underdog in this game for a reason. Giddings is undefeated and the #1 3A team in the state. Bellville appears to be headed for a 5 – 5 season and basketball.

However, my gypsy neighbor’s crystal ball tells her it will be closer than most people think, and an upset is very possible. I won’t divulge all she told me, but if it happens Friday night, I think I’ll start listening to her more often. :eek:

Rattlesnake_08
10-29-2007, 12:54 PM
I'll give Bellville the benefit of a doubt. They still do have some play-off hopes despite their mishap on the road last week. I think that, and the fact they're playing at the Pasture of Pain, will aide the Brahmas in going into the football game pumped. Although, in the end they will most likely fall short.

Giddings 35 Bellville 14

buff4ever
10-29-2007, 02:29 PM
I expected to see some questions about an upset in this game. We are talking about bellville here, they always play tough football. But, like everyone else is saying, I believe giddings will wind up on top by 20 or more.

I expect a slow start or close start, then the buffs realize they are not playing a bunch of scrugs, they are playing some young ATHLETES. At that point they will straighten up and take over. Bellville will be back next year. W/ OR W/O NUNN!

buff4life
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I expected to see some questions about an upset in this game. We are talking about bellville here, they always play tough football. But, like everyone else is saying, I believe giddings will wind up on top by 20 or more.

I expect a slow start or close start, then the buffs realize they are not playing a bunch of scrugs, they are playing some young ATHLETES. At that point they will straighten up and take over. Bellville will be back next year. W/ OR W/O NUNN!

in regards to your sig...we did throw the ball...

love your awesome insight as always buffy...

RattlerDude
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
I am taking Giddings 35-7. Sorry Bellville, that one guy was right. It looks like ya'll will be ending 5-5 on the season.

RattlerDude
10-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
in regards to your sig...we did throw the ball...

love your awesome insight as always buffy...

How often?

buff4ever
10-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Once, and the receiver had a step. The ball was actually overthrown this time.

buff4life
10-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Once, and the receiver had a step. The ball was actually overthrown this time.

It was pretty in the air though :D :D

AND, receiver ran a horrible post route, locke should have been on that side...

1 and ONLY
10-29-2007, 09:40 PM
i think i may know why everyone is quitting

Bull19
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by 1 and ONLY

please do tell, dont be scared

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by 1 and ONLY

I am looking forward to next year, if players dont quit. If you know why they are quiting, please tell us.

Bull19
10-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I am looking forward to next year, if players dont quit. If you know why they are quiting, please tell us.

this year aint over yet fbb, you might as well enjoy seeing nunn run the ball while you can since next year...........

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
this year aint over yet fbb, you might as well enjoy seeing nunn run the ball while you can since next year...........

Nunn will be a stud next year for Bellville, by what do you mean while you can?

Bull19
10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
heard from a VERY reliable source, very close to the team who said nunn is out next year because he is moving

by this is what i mean

could be only a rumor though? hopefully its not true, but by the way players are dropping in bellville it wouldn't suprise me if this is his last year in a brahma uniform

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
I was talking to a friend of mine at the la grange game, this bellville class was the first or second class to play through the pee-wee football leauge in bellville and they have had alot of drops-outs, any chances kids are just getting burned out playing for so many years?

Just a thought

What about the kids moving? Abbs to Waller,and was it the Carter kid that moved to Brenham? Now the talk of Nunn moving to Brenham, whats up with that?

1 and ONLY
10-30-2007, 12:24 AM
bull19 you might agree with me on this one but there might be more going on outside the lines that we dont know about

hookandladder
10-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
I was talking to a friend of mine at the la grange game, this bellville class was the first or second class to play through the pee-wee football leauge in bellville and they have had alot of drops-outs, any chances kids are just getting burned out playing for so many years?

Just a thought

Pee-Wee football to me is a joke and most High School football coaches will tell you the same, unless you are fortunate to have a # of knowledgeable parents in your town to really coach the kids the right way. Same thing happens in Little League baseball, the daddy's play their little Johnny in whatever position he wants to play and is not capable to play that position. This is my sons first year in JH football and most of those kids are on B team. If your town does not have any quality coaches you are better off just going to be field and working with him yourself, one on one. Just my take.

XMan
10-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Bellville's starting quarterback is the superintendent's son. Ive got a feeling that the Brahmas will stick with him through thick or thin.

Giddings in a stampede. Bellville might want to keep the women and children home for this one.

tatonka
tatonka
tatonka

hookandladder
10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Bellville's starting quarterback is the superintendent's son. Ive got a feeling that the Brahmas will stick with him through thick or thin.

Giddings in a stampede. Bellville might want to keep the women and children home for this one.

tatonka
tatonka
tatonka

I will also go with Giddings by aleast 3 TDs, could get worse in the end. As for Bellville's QB, I thought he did as well as he could, has a strong arm and was able to find open receviers at time's. I felt their passing game was better than their running game. The running game had one long run after that we shut them down. In the 4th quarter when Bellville was deep in LG territory they kept trying to run the ball and we would stuff them.

IHStangFan
10-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Why sooo many players not playing or moving? Bellville has a great tradition in football. sounds to me that they have a COACHING problem. When all of the kids want to quit or move and none of them are motivated to play, I can't help but think there is a problem w/ the coaching staff and how they relate to the players. If the kids see the coaches don't care, they are likely not to care as well. Just kinda fishy that all of the sudden all of the kids either have already quit or are planning to. Something is not right in Bellville.

HTripleC13
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey Bull19 and 1 and only, its nice to be back... I think we all agree what the problem in bellville is, and i have been stating this problem from day one..... Until he's gone, they will suck.... Hey 1 and only, you think we could run the show there????

1 and ONLY
10-30-2007, 08:32 PM
of course. i mean we could probably come up with a better gameplan and such instead of doing the same thing week to week and year to year

EAGLETOWN
10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Oh to open up this can of worms! This could be an entire thread in itself!

Yes hook, I completely agree with you. When my senior was a freshman, his JV baseball coach told us that we had to get our younger son (who was in 5th grade at the time) OUT of Little League and into open bases tournament ball. We knew this, and were already working on it. He has been playing open bases since the summer before his 6th grade year. And for the pee-wee pop-warner football, same situation. My 8th grader never played that, started for three games on the 7th grade B team last year, was then moved to the A team (because of kids flunking) and has been there ever since (and yes he does start, he plays both ways, and also on the kick off team). Numbers have a lot to do with it, but also, he has learned from the coaches at the school, not a dad that is out there for "little Johnny."

Sorry, I could go on for days about Little League and the politics and sad sad way things are handled, but I'll wait for that thread to be started! :doh:

I agree with you for the most part especially the politics, but what about the pee-wee teams that are not coached by a Dad who doesn't play the politics.

I coached when I was younger and did not have a son involved and I could have cared less who your Daddy was.

All I had was my Daughter and she was a cheerleader.

I never played the Daddy's boy game.

I was out there to have fun and win some games and teach the boys as much about football as I could.

I put who I thought would benefit the team the best in a particular position.

I went to the school and got with the coaches and got equipment, tip and plays.

The boys I coached learned football and IMO were better off because of it.

It was great to see a boy come into the league afraid to hit and by the end of the season be busting chin straps.

I don't know if it was because of me, but some of the boys that played for me went on to be a part of some of the best teams to ever come thru Barbers Hill.

:D They had a little talent too. :D

zebrablue2
10-30-2007, 09:58 PM
nunn is not going anywhere at this point. only talk.

bvillebrahma010
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
another thought here... IFFFF nunn moves, i think the bulls will still be in good shape. they have the sophomore browning. he is a beast! he does not have much experience but the kid runs HARD!!! he is not as strong so he cant necessarily "truck" people but the kid is fast, and dont come high cuz he will put your face in the dirt with a nasty stiff arm. just a little food for though!

bvillebrahma010
10-30-2007, 10:16 PM
ACTUALLY, im not gonna keep putting business out on the computer for the entire state of texas to see, but the tight end, mueller, can kick!!!! he puts it in the zone or on the 5 every kick! but bellville DID do a lot of angle kicks, that is why he wasnt kicking earlier beczuse he couldnt.

1 and ONLY
10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
i dont think the entire state of texas cares about bellvilles kicking game because they are going to have to win on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball first.
ill take giddings by 40+

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Stay on topic of the game, not what you think or know is happening with the coaching/team!

Rule #3: At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. We are not here to air personal vendettas.

buff4life
10-31-2007, 04:34 PM
For some reason I see Giddings throwing a couple times in this game, don't know why, gut feeling maybe

Bull19
10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
will do

Bull19
10-31-2007, 04:39 PM

For some reason I see Giddings throwing a couple times in this game, don't know why, gut feeling maybe

and i agree with you that we will see them putting the ball in the air, it will be a good time to do it, if you know what i mean;)

Bulligator
10-31-2007, 04:41 PM
I had the same thought about Giddings passing more. If they look at last week's tape, they may be more inclined to pass. LaGrange reminded me of Texas Tech, with lots of short passes to the outside. Let the receiver catch and run for 10 yards. But, with the ground game Giddings has, why pass?

Bull19
10-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
I had the same thought about Giddings passing more. If they look at last week's tape, they may be more inclined to pass. LaGrange reminded me of Texas Tech, with lots of short passes to the outside. Let the receiver catch and run for 10 yards. But, with the ground game Giddings has, why pass?

good point about the short passes. in both games the navasota and la grange, they killed bellville on the short passes to the outside....youd think the corners would've started to come up and play a tighter coverage, but nope. in regards to giddings though, imo i expcet them to throw the ball down the middle of the field, take advantage of the playaction pass;)

BrahmaMom
10-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Don't forget the location of this game--The Pasture of Pain! Not to say we haven't lost there, but Brahma fans make it difficult. I hope the Bulls come out ready to stampede the Buffs tomorrow night. It will not be an easy game for the Brahmas, but they can pull it off if they play hard every minute of the game. GO BRAHMAS!

Darren
11-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Don't forget the location of this game--The Pasture of Pain!

Why do they call it the pasture of pain??

Are there grass burs (stickers)? I guess that might make it mildly painful.

RattlerDude
11-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
another thought here... IFFFF nunn moves, i think the bulls will still be in good shape. they have the sophomore browning. he is a beast! he does not have much experience but the kid runs HARD!!! he is not as strong so he cant necessarily "truck" people but the kid is fast, and dont come high cuz he will put your face in the dirt with a nasty stiff arm. just a little food for though!

This makes perfect sense. Bellville always has some star just waiting to show his face. When Abbs left Nunn came, now if Nunn leaves then this new guy will be going off too. Bellville has the most depth of any high school

1st and goal
11-01-2007, 12:13 PM
How many seats on the visitors side in Bellville?

Bulligator
11-01-2007, 01:08 PM
The visitor's side holds about 1,500. Home side about 2,500.

buff4life
11-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Don't forget the location of this game--The Pasture of Pain! Not to say we haven't lost there, but Brahma fans make it difficult. I hope the Bulls come out ready to stampede the Buffs tomorrow night. It will not be an easy game for the Brahmas, but they can pull it off if they play hard every minute of the game. GO BRAHMAS!

thats almost funny

Bull19
11-01-2007, 01:29 PM
thats almost funny

does anybody know when was the last year bellville has lost two games at home???

buff4life
11-01-2007, 01:33 PM
does anybody know when was the last year bellville has lost two games at home???
doesn't happen often

BrahmaMom
11-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Bellville freshmen beat Giddings 35-12. Let's cheer for the jv and varsity to have similar results. The Pasture of Pain derived its name from the pain the Brahmas have traditionally dealt their opponents. I can't remember the last time we lost two home games. Brahmas, let's win!

ProudHornetMom
11-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Anxious to hear the JV score. My nephew plays JV for Bellville. Good luck Bellville tomorrow!

bvillebrahma010
11-01-2007, 10:20 PM
wow giddings! i just got home from watching the 8 grade play. Little fitzhenry is lightning. he is easy to bring down, but he is in 8 grade. the kid is a hauss. if anyone were to see this and then see the fitzhenry's, let the kid know to keep working. he very well may could be another one of his big brothers! great job fithenry's on keeping your kids disciplined and athletic at the same time. great wins tonight bellville. some more marching will occur for the bulls tomorrow night. we got a little some some for mr. fitzhenry! and he aint gonna like it!

buff4life
11-01-2007, 10:21 PM
wow giddings! i just got home from watching the 8 grade play. Little fitzhenry is lightning. he is easy to bring down, but he is in 8 grade. the kid is a hauss. if anyone were to see this and then see the fitzhenry's, let the kid know to keep working. he very well may could be another one of his big brothers! great job fithenry's on keeping your kids disciplined and athletic at the same time. great wins tonight bellville. some more marching will occur for the bulls tomorrow night. we got a little some some for mr. fitzhenry! and he aint gonna like it!

what a red carpet into the endzone so he won't embarass the defenders or what?

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 10:23 PM
wow giddings! i just got home from watching the 8 grade play. Little fitzhenry is lightning. he is easy to bring down, but he is in 8 grade. the kid is a hauss. if anyone were to see this and then see the fitzhenry's, let the kid know to keep working. he very well may could be another one of his big brothers! great job fithenry's on keeping your kids disciplined and athletic at the same time. great wins tonight bellville. some more marching will occur for the bulls tomorrow night. we got a little some some for mr. fitzhenry! and he aint gonna like it! ahhh snap son....already playa

hookandladder
11-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Bellville freshmen beat Giddings 35-12. Let's cheer for the jv and varsity to have similar results. The Pasture of Pain derived its name from the pain the Brahmas have traditionally dealt their opponents. I can't remember the last time we lost two home games. Brahmas, let's win!

Sub Varsity scores mean nothing, You Bellville fans seem to think they do. The last time Bellville lost 2 in a row, I will go out on a limb and say 2007. Giddings Donkey Stomps Bellville 45-6. Thought I would throw in a Nunn TD.

KL3
11-02-2007, 07:17 AM
What did the Bellville 7th, 8th, and J.V. do?

zebrablue2
11-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by KL3
What did the Bellville 7th, 8th, and J.V. do?

7th grade won by 2 tds. 8th grade won 8-0. don't have a jv score.

48minutes
11-02-2007, 08:20 AM

Please inform this "some some" you've got for mr. Fitzhenry, Pretty sure its nothing different than what other teams have thrown at him. Giddings is well-prepared and I'm sure the boys know that Bellville is good every year. Glad its finally Friday, GO BUFFS

zebrablue2
11-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Please inform this "some some" you've got for mr. Fitzhenry, Pretty sure its nothing different than what other teams have thrown at him. Giddings is well-prepared and I'm sure the boys know that Bellville is good every year. Glad its finally Friday, GO BUFFS

I saw 8th grade fitzhenry last night in bellville. the kid is very quick. when he grows some, and fills out, he will be as good as his brother.

Bull19
11-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Sub Varsity scores mean nothing, You Bellville fans seem to think they do. The last time Bellville lost 2 in a row, I will go out on a limb and say 2007. Giddings Donkey Stomps Bellville 45-6. Thought I would throw in a Nunn TD.

IT MEANS SOMETHING TO THE BOYS WHO PLAY ON THOSE TEAMS........SHOW SOME CLASS

trg
11-02-2007, 09:03 AM
I agree. I don't have a son who plays at the Varsity level but I can tell you that his 8th grade game last night was just as important to him as any Varsity game. Those boys played their hearts out last night and deserved that hard fought win!!!! Go 8th Grade A Team!!!!!!

hookandladder
11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
IT MEANS SOMETHING TO THE BOYS WHO PLAY ON THOSE TEAMS........SHOW SOME CLASS

I agree it means something to the boys, what I meant is just because you are winning in sub varsity games does not mean you will win in Varsity games. Our sub varsity teams seems to always lose however when Varsity comes around we can hold our own. Our 7th grade team has won only 2 games however we are devoloping a passing game not just running the same play over and over to the same kid. That's just about winning and not devoloping players. Just my take.

Bulligator
11-02-2007, 12:13 PM
I hear that the Bellville Jr. High teams will be out in full force tonight at the game. They will be wearing their jerseys, and participating in the spirit line.

I think it's a great idea to get them involved, and give them something to look forward to when they are playing on Friday nights.

I have a feeling that the Brahmas will give them something to be proud of tonight when the #1 team brings their road show to the Pasture of Pain. I still think Bellville can win this game tonight. If they do, would it be the upset of the year in Texas 3A football?

ronwx5x
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I agree it means something to the boys, what I meant is just because you are winning in sub varsity games does not mean you will win in Varsity games. Our sub varsity teams seems to always lose however when Varsity comes around we can hold our own. Our 7th grade team has won only 2 games however we are devoloping a passing game not just running the same play over and over to the same kid. That's just about winning and not devoloping players. Just my take.

"hold our own"? What is La Grange's record this year?

trg
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM

I hope you are not trying to say that Bellville is not developing their teams. I cannot speak for any of the other Bellville teams but I do know without a doubt that the 8th grade team has a lot more offensive weapons than "just running the same play to the same kid".

sabre1
11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Ya'll need to relax. I understand the importance of the sub-varsity games and the develpoment of players and the program, but it is Friday. Lets leave the sub varsity for thursday.

BrahmaMom
11-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Congratulations, Giddings on an excellent game last night. For you Buffs fans, that is how we do it in Bellville, with grace. We've had great teams in the past, our teams are taught to play with honor and represent Bellville with class. Last night was a tough loss, I think we went out graciously, after playing hard every minute. I am proud of every player in a Bellville uniform--regardless of their sport or level. Brahmas, you fought hard, and I am proud of you. Mayfield and Tallerine on defense were outstanding, Nunn on offense had a Herculean task. Hats off to the Buffs, who showed their stuff. Best of luck as you go further. To the senior Brahmas, I hurt for you that your final game on the Pasture was a loss, but we love you no less--you are fine young men. Next week, let's go after the Hornets!

Pudlugger
11-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
"hold our own"? What is La Grange's record this year?

4 and 4 with the chance to go 5 and 4 and make the playoffs. That is "holding our own". Having a great season? Not really, but this team has been through great adversity. The team had many distractions starting in week 0 when 6 starters were suspended for 2 or 3 games for some mischief, then having the first game rained out, having to make the adjustments in the 3rd week when starters returned from suspension and the team playing like it was week 1 in the 4th week of the season. With district opening against #1 Giddings followed by an away game against #10 Caldwell it was tough to get the team to stay together. But they did stay together and finally in week 8 they beat Bellville, evening the series to 2-2 since 2000. They are playing as a team now with all the adversity behind them. The season starts anew Friday and the winner goes on to the playoffs while the loser plays basket ball. They have Navasota in their own house, are peaking just at the right time and I believe they will win. That would be a little better than "holding our own" imo.:)

RattlerDude
11-03-2007, 10:59 PM
I was really close on my prediction of the score. I predicted 35-7. Good job Giddings. Ya'll are in no matter what so now go and win State!

buff4life
11-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Congratulations, Giddings on an excellent game last night. For you Buffs fans, that is how we do it in Bellville, with grace. We've had great teams in the past, our teams are taught to play with honor and represent Bellville with class. Last night was a tough loss, I think we went out graciously, after playing hard every minute. I am proud of every player in a Bellville uniform--regardless of their sport or level. Brahmas, you fought hard, and I am proud of you. Mayfield and Tallerine on defense were outstanding, Nunn on offense had a Herculean task. Hats off to the Buffs, who showed their stuff. Best of luck as you go further. To the senior Brahmas, I hurt for you that your final game on the Pasture was a loss, but we love you no less--you are fine young men. Next week, let's go after the Hornets!

minor, ridiculous cheap shot at Giddings...

BrahmaMom
11-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Please review your own posts on this thread to assess the motivation for my "minor, ridiculous cheap shot". If you'll notice, I began said cheap shot with a congratulatory note--well-earned by the Buffaloes, and added a best of luck in there, too. Perhaps you are projecting regarding your own behavior and cheap shots. Our team played hard, the Buffs played hard and won--congratulations to them and I wish them well in the play-offs. Bellville has a tradition of winning with class, now we have had to learn to lose with the same grace, not an easy lesson. Maybe you should take notes, my comments are in no way a reflection on your team, but are directed at the cheap shots made on this thread.

buff4life
11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
go back and look, i took no cheap shot at anything involving Bellville...do not try to justify your cheap shot by making something up out of nothing...
with that said good luck luck next week verus Caldwell..

Bull's-eye
11-04-2007, 03:37 PM
minor, ridiculous cheap shot at Giddings...

:confused: :confused: What was the cheap shot at Giddings? Out of all the posters on this board, BrahmaMom has always looked at the game from a parent's point of view. She has always put the players safety and sportsmanship of the game at the top of her list. When I read her post, I was reminded that we all needed to do a better job, whether we win or lose. IMO, winning with class can be more difficult. Congratulations to Giddings, I would love to see a championship come from D23-3A. I thought the Giddings fans really did a good job of supporting their team. I even had a little chat with one of their very knowledgeable posters.

buff4life
11-04-2007, 03:53 PM
:confused: :confused: What was the cheap shot at Giddings? Out of all the posters on this board, BrahmaMom has always looked at the game from a parent's point of view. She has always put the players safety and sportsmanship of the game at the top of her list. When I read her post, I was reminded that we all needed to do a better job, whether we win or lose. IMO, winning with class can be more difficult. Congratulations to Giddings, I would love to see a championship come from D23-3A. I thought the Giddings fans really did a good job of supporting their team. I even had a little chat with one of their very knowledgeable posters.

she stated " For you Buffs fans, that is how we do it in Bellville, with grace. We've had great teams in the past, our teams are taught to play with honor and represent Bellville with class."...it was a mild cheap shot, but a cheap shot none the less, but i'll move on from it and take it as it is..

Pudlugger
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm on BrahmaMom's side here. She is just pointing out what we all know. Hubris is a tragic flaw. Winning with grace is a virtue.

buff4life
11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I'm on BrahmaMom's side here. She is just pointing out what we all know. Hubris is a tragic flaw. Winning with grace is a virtue.

i don't have a problem if she would have said "I love how Bellville shows grace and class" or does anything to leaving Giddings out of it...
But when she said, "for you Buffs fans, thats how we do it in Bellville, seems to be implied at Giddings

Pudlugger
11-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Living with success for some can be more difficult than coping with failure.:cool:

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I have a lot of respect for brahmamom, but I have to say that was a little uncalled for. I have to say our only loss in the last 1 1/2 or 2 years was to LH last year in the quarter finals, and the town minus a head coach loss with grace.

Bellville played hard the whole game and showed great heart, maybe more than caldwell (hahaha), go show it this next week.

About the game this week and next, I think that bellville will have to successfully pass to set up nunn and the rush. Honestly your QB isn't getting it done in the air, I know nothing about back ups or what is going on inside the program; but it wouldn't hurt to give the back up a try. To the best of my knowledge yall haven't done that yet. Is there one available? If he can throw just a little, it isn't that hard to hand off to nunn. The current one can't run either if he has to.

There was a small m & g, not pics though. Good time. I saw several giddings people on the bellville side. Was it about a place to sit or visiting friends? Who knows.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2007, 08:21 PM

Honestly your QB isn't getting it done in the air, I know nothing about back ups or what is going on inside the program; but it wouldn't hurt to give the back up a try. To the best of my knowledge yall haven't done that yet. Is there one available? If he can throw just a little, it isn't that hard to hand off to nunn. The current one can't run either if he has to.

#23 Talerine is the back-up plays hard every down, heard he will get the start vs Caldwell, dont know if that is true, he has only had a few snaps at QB, the 1st time he took a snap, was the 1st game vs Sealy, it was 4th and long on the 35 yard line and he allmost ran it in for a TD he was stopped on the 2. If he gets the start it will be good for him to get some playing time at the position before next season.

rancher
11-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Have to agree, QB has been the weak spot for Bellville. I said that from the start that the QB was weak. What about the soph. kid that has speed, have not seen enough of Tallerine to say. He is tough and will play hard, but in the few times Ive seen him, he cannot throw well. Hope that Im wrong. Time will tell.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Have to agree, QB has been the weak spot for Bellville. I said that from the start that the QB was weak. What about the soph. kid that has speed, have not seen enough of Tallerine to say. He is tough and will play hard, but in the few times Ive seen him, he cannot throw well. Hope that Im wrong. Time will tell.

Julian Kennedy is the sophmore, he is fast dont know if he can pass the ball, might see him and Talerine vs Caldwell?
Mueller #88 a Sophmore would be one to look at for QB next year.

rancher
11-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Like Muller's size, can he throw the ball and how is his speed, looked awkard to me, but it may just be his build.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Like Muller's size, can he throw the ball and how is his speed, looked awkard to me, but it may just be his build.

He was the ace for the Baseball team as a freshman, I bet he can throw the football also. He is faster than he looks. But will it matter, what if they dont play next year, allready heard Nunn was going to Brenham?

KL3
11-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I don't know if we'll see Mueller at QB again. He wasn't even the starter for the freshman team last year, Kennedy was.

The freshman have a pretty good size kid at QB, Daniel Matthews, and the 8th grade has a really good athlete at QB, Jamal Reese who's been throwing TD passes this year.

Hopefully one of these or someone will step up and be the difference making QB that Bellville has lacked since Buenger.

Bull's-eye
11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
I agree with buff4ever, Bellville definately needs to upgrade their QB play. Nunn is a great runner, but he has been taken way too many hard shots due to Bellville's ineffective passing game. Teams that can stop the run have made Bellville's offense look very bad. I have also noticed some very predictable play calling by the Bellville's coaching staff. I don't see them throwing very much on 1st or 2nd downs, usually waiting until 3rd and long, when everybody knows they have to throw. I would love to see them develop a short passing game. Navasota does a really good job of throwing the short routes to set up the run. I haven't seen the current QB do the little things to keep an offensive drive going. Against Giddings on 3rd and about 6, the QB rolls out of the pocket and has the chance to run for the first down. He continues to hold the ball and is thrown for a 6 yard loss, now forcing Bellville to punt on 4th and 12. Bellville may need to go with an underclassmen QB, at least that would give him another season to learn the position. These 1 year Sr QB's aren't getting the job done.

BrahmaMom
11-04-2007, 10:56 PM
My apologies to the Giddings fans; my comment was directed at buff4life, not all Giddings fans. Buff4life, your comment about "that's almost funny" and the red carpet one seemed like cheap shots to me. I just got on again and saw the hoopla I caused. My apologies to all members, including buff4life, I certainly didn't mean to disrupt discussion.

Re: our QB situation, I would like to see Mueller give it a try. Tallerine is so valuable on defense, I hate to lose him to the offense. Wish the Brahmas had more blocking on offense, too. Hopefully we will have more size next season. Until then, play hard, Brahmas, you have Bellville behind you!

buff4life
11-04-2007, 11:02 PM
My apologies to the Giddings fans; my comment was directed at buff4life, not all Giddings fans. Buff4life, your comment about "that's almost funny" and the red carpet one seemed like cheap shots to me. I just got on again and saw the hoopla I caused. My apologies to all members, including buff4life, I certainly didn't mean to disrupt discussion.

Re: our QB situation, I would like to see Mueller give it a try. Tallerine is so valuable on defense, I hate to lose him to the offense. Wish the Brahmas had more blocking on offense, too. Hopefully we will have more size next season. Until then, play hard, Brahmas, you have Bellville behind you!

sorry for the disrespect...

thought it was more humor than cheap shot...wasn't really talking to anyone...

BrahmaMom
11-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Just a misunderstanding, buff. Best of luck in the playoffs. Y'all have a heck of a team, enjoy the season!

Bull's-eye
11-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Tallerine seems to be a very good and tough runner. He has a good arm, but lacks the height to be a effective pocket passer. Bellville would need to adapt their offensive for a running QB. I like the ideal of Mueller, if he can throw, he has the size to be a good QB.

BrahmaMom
11-04-2007, 11:59 PM
As a lefty pitcher, I would assume Mueller can throw well. Julian Kennady is supposed to be very talented. I long for a tall QB. Last time we had one was Jack Wallace, I think, and he graduated in 2000 or 2001. I don't know much about Tallerine, except he is strong on defense.

Bullmom
11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Mueller may not even play next year. He isn't good at pressure or the hits. Tallerine would be the best QB, but is quite unpredictable . Tallerine was the ace pitcher on the baseball team last year, not Mueller. This year the baseball team will have Tallerine, Luetge,Mueller and Huebner.

Bull19
11-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Bullmom
Mueller may not even play next year. He isn't good at pressure or the hits. Tallerine would be the best QB, but is quite unpredictable . Tallerine was the ace pitcher on the baseball team last year, not Mueller. This year the baseball team will have Tallerine, Luetge,Mueller and Huebner.

luetge wont pitch this year....

but anyway back to football,,,,i think the kennedy kid would fit in good as q.b. for next year....id leave miller at tight end cause he provides a big easy target out there if somebody can just throw the ball in his general direction.

Bull19
11-05-2007, 01:59 PM
anybody else notice how wet the field was???? i didnt know bellville got 3 inches of rain thursday night?

buff4life
11-05-2007, 02:00 PM
anybody else notice how wet the field was???? i didnt know bellville got 3 inches of rain thursday night?

i heard about that...a little USC Notre Dame???

trying to slow Giddings down?

Bull's-eye
11-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Since I don't live there, when did Bellville get all that rain? I noticed some players slipping a little.

buff4life
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Since I don't live there, when did Bellville get all that rain? I noticed some players slipping a little.

i don't think they got any rain...

Bull19
11-05-2007, 02:21 PM
i don't think they got any rain...

why would the field be so wet then???? i know they wouldnt leave the sprinklers on all night. that just doesnt make sense;)

buff4ever
11-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Thursday it was nice from normal watering, friday I heard it was pretty wet.

BrahmaMom
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Hmmmm, we wondered about the slipping. I thought it could've been from the fog Friday morning.

Bull19
11-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Hmmmm, we wondered about the slipping. I thought it could've been from the fog Friday morning.

you cant be serious?

BrahmaMom
11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Ok, it's the only reason I could think of Friday night. It can't be that a wet field helped US. We used to be a good mud team, but I'm not sure that is true now.

Bull19
11-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok, it's the only reason I could think of Friday night. It can't be that a wet field helped US. We used to be a good mud team, but I'm not sure that is true now.

the reason they drenched the field was to attempt to slow down brock, which they did to an extent, but bellville forgot that to win you must score more points than the other team

BrahmaMom
11-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I am embarrassed that we would do that. After all my talk about Brahma tradition, I am flat embarrassed and make no excuses.

48minutes
11-05-2007, 11:36 PM
it's not big of a deal, its not like only the only one being slow down was brock. Both teams had to play on it, I think its funny. #6 Brooks would have scored a TD on his first touch though, he was cutting up field to nothing but green grass and he slipped.

scotty
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Remember a baseball coach in Bellville that used to soak the file before playing a running team, maybe since he is retired from coaching he's teaching Huey a few tricks of the trade after his bus run. I guess he's still running a bus route or is he now the grounds keeper?

BrahmaMom
11-07-2007, 12:28 AM
scotty-he's running a bus route and still a favorite of mine. Know nothing about his baseball coaching days, except that he was a great coach and seems to have passed that down.

scotty
11-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Brahma Mom: He is one of my best friends and yes a very good coach. One of the best people I've ever met, but very forgetful about cutting off the sprinkler.