PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell @ Giddings: The Game

kepdawg
10-28-2007, 07:56 PM
First, I must say I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to watch not only a young Earl Campbell but also a young Ray Childress play on the same field! ;)

Second, Giddings is not the number one team in the state and I feel confident that will be proven before the season is over.

Third, Giddings quarterback is a good running back, but did not live up to my expectations based on the hype he has received.

Fourth, Giddings quarterback was the only player who did anything on offense.

Fifth, Giddings is not a one man team.

Sixth, Caldwell's coaches probably know where that one linebacker for Giddings is and what he is doing right now.

Seventh, that one linebacker did not have a chance to stand out due to Giddings having eleven in the box.

Eighth, in the second half Caldwell cornerbacks should have abandoned the receiver to cover the edge. Giddings quarterback would cut upfield before he got wide to the cornerback playing patty cake with the receiver.

Ninth, Giddings quarterback simply wore the Caldwell defense down and was eventually able to slip tackles for large gains.

Tenth, both teams are good.

buff4life
10-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
First, I must say I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to watch not only a young Earl Campbell but also a young Ray Childress play on the same field! ;)

Second, Giddings is not the number one team in the state and I feel confident that will be proven before the season is over.

Third, Giddings quarterback is a good running back, but did not live up to my expectations based on the hype he has received.

Sixth, Caldwell's coaches probably know where that one linebacker for Giddings is and what he is doing right now.

Seventh, that one linebacker did not have a chance to stand out due to Giddings having eleven in the box.

Eighth, in the second half Caldwell cornerbacks should have abandoned the receiver to cover the edge. Giddings quarterback would cut upfield before he got wide to the cornerback playing patty cake with the receiver.

Ninth, Giddings quarterback simply wore the Caldwell defense down and was eventually able to slip tackles for large gains.

I found your 6th one funny, i heard the story...

only one i disagree with is the first, but i'm a homer so i can't argue...

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

HAHAHAHAHA @ #6 :D :D :D :D

Old Tiger
10-28-2007, 08:14 PM
That's the first time I have ever heard coaches bark out a defensive players position. wow

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
That's the first time I have ever heard coaches bark out a defensive players position. wow

Whats the Story behind that?>

Old Tiger
10-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Whats the Story behind that?> Caldwell coaches in the so called press box were just calling out Dock's location and when he would move they'd freak out and say DOCK'S ON THE LEFT!!

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Caldwell coaches in the so called press box were just calling out Dock's location and when he would move they'd freak out and say DOCK'S ON THE LEFT!!

Thats funny.

DU_stud04
10-28-2007, 10:07 PM
they got excited when doc was out of the game for those two plays, thats all they talked about

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
they got excited when doc was out of the game for those two plays, thats all they talked about

"#11 is on the bench!" "yes, he is not on the field!"

haha

ProudHornetMom
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
:helpme: Y'all are killing me. Do you have to tell ALL you heard? Only Caldwell luck to have y'all right in front of the box. ;)

We weren't sitting far from y'all. We were to the left of the scout box on the top row. I thought the m&g was at half time. I did look towards the flag pole but dared not try to go.

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
:helpme: Y'all are killing me. Do you have to tell ALL you heard? Only Caldwell luck to have y'all right in front of the box. ;)

We weren't sitting far from y'all. We were to the left of the scout box on the top row. I thought the m&g was at half time. I did look towards the flag pole but dared not try to go.

We haven't told ALL we heard, but we could! :D

Darren
10-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We haven't told ALL we heard, but we could! :D

Don't hold anything back

Old Green
10-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We haven't told ALL we heard, but we could! :D Come on with the come on !!!!!

Inquiring minds want to Know.:)

pirate4state
10-29-2007, 09:41 AM
I've already forgotten most of it. Crazy weekend! :D