PDA

View Full Version : Orange Grove / Mathis

CueroDad2006
10-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Who will win this game?
The winner looks to get first round game with Cuero.

Cameron Crazy
10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
OG wins this one.

CueroDad2006
10-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
OG wins this one.

The game will be played in Mathis,will that be enough for the Pirates to pull this off?

sotxrat
10-28-2007, 08:30 PM
og will enjoy the challenge to play cuero however if og wins out and ingleside beats wo, then your team will get wo in the first round, og will just play one at a time and let the games fall where they may, good luck

sotxrat
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
cuero dad, i do agree with you about playing in mathis, og will have it hands full there

maroonpirate04
10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm going with OG and looks like the Gobblers will send the 'Dogs to the pound early :D Would've love to see the Gobblers take on Ingleside :D

sotxrat
10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
ingleside will get all they can handle in gonzales, this year, the playoff games will be a little more difficult for ingleside than last but that is how the cookie crumbles sometimes

FrmSTx
10-28-2007, 09:41 PM
OG or Mathis needs a taste of the Gobblas, I would love to see OG get a bite...have some of the fun we have had over last few years.

CueroDad2006
10-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
OG or Mathis needs a taste of the Gobblas, I would love to see OG get a bite...have some of the fun we have had over last few years.

Were r u from? I would have to say it would be a long night for OG or Mathis if eather had the luck to draw the Gobblers first round.

CueroDad2006
10-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
I'm going with OG and looks like the Gobblers will send the 'Dogs to the pound early :D Would've love to see the Gobblers take on Ingleside :D

You seen both teams play, Do you think the Mustangs could really handle the speed? It would be a beatdown like it was a few years ago when both met early in the playoffs.

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
You seen both teams play, Do you think the Mustangs could really handle the speed? It would be a beatdown like it was a few years ago when both met early in the playoffs.

Cuero should sail through Region IV. No one has the speed to keep up with them! Or the talent!

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2007, 10:00 PM

Agreed, Ingleside isn't the team they were last year, by far...or two years ago when I went to see y'all play in Seguin. Haven't seen Cuero, but doubt you have lost much.

maroonpirate04
10-29-2007, 11:07 AM

Oh i know the Mustangs can't handle the Gobblers speed that's why i would love to see Cuero and Ingleside, the Gobblers would surely demolish 'em keeping the Mustangs from scoring :D

99IHSMustang
10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Oh i know the Mustangs can't handle the Gobblers speed that's why i would love to see Cuero and Ingleside, the Gobblers would surely demolish 'em keeping the Mustangs from scoring :D

Well whomever Ingleside will face in the playoffs, at least we can way we were there. How are your pirates doing?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Well whomever Ingleside will face in the playoffs, at least we can way we were there. How are your pirates doing? not so good, but it seems Sinton goes thru these stretches where they have a couple of down years and rebound strong.

piratebg
10-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Amazing how quickly the subject of this thread has changed. I'm thinking the OG pull this one off in a close one.

pirate4state
10-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Amazing how quickly the subject of this thread has changed. I'm thinking the OG pull this one off in a close one.

It's always a grudge match with these two. Playing IN Mathis, might make for an interesting 1st half, but I'll go with the Bulldogs by 7.

sotxrat
10-30-2007, 09:17 AM
This is and has been a big rivalary for many years, it will be a tough one. OG will find a way to pull out a win and secure another playoff spot.

scott Wilson
10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
After watching OG fumble , bumble and stumble against Ingleside and still only lose by 7, I`ll take OG by two TD`s against Mathis. After giving up 21 points on 6 offensive plays, the defense rose to the occasion and held IHS to 0 for the final three quarters, so I`m thinking the D is playing better than I would have imagined with all the starters they have injured. If they continue playing hard the WHOLE game, I think they`ll pull away at the end. Should be exciting as it`s Mathis` homecoming I believe and strange games have happened before when these two schools play.

Bull Butter
10-30-2007, 02:14 PM
I'll take the Grove by at least 2 TD

Grove 27
Mathis 13

scott Wilson
10-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Why thanky BullButter. For the vote of confidence.

Bull Butter
10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by scott Wilson
Why thanky BullButter. For the vote of confidence.

I've always been partial to the Grove, for obvious reasons:)

AP Panther Fan
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I've always been partial to the Grove, for obvious reasons:)

Not that it has anything to do with Orange Grove winning (I hope they do) but I just realized after all this time that your signature is a pig flying... :D

Bull Butter
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Not that it has anything to do with Orange Grove winning (I hope they do) but I just realized after all this time that your signature is a pig flying... :D
Actually it's Ralph the Swimming Pig. Star attraction at the former Aquarena Springs in San Marcos.

AP Panther Fan
10-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Actually it's Ralph the Swimming Pig. Star attraction at the former Aquarena Springs in San Marcos.

hahaha...I guess I missed Ralph. I do remember the glass bottom boat though.:D

scott Wilson
10-31-2007, 10:32 AM
I remember that pig. Except the last image I had of Ralph was him taking a big ol` #$!#% in the water and I Ralphed myself when I was about 6 years old. It`s crazy what we had to do for fun when we were kids eh Bull Butter?

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
OG or Mathis needs a taste of the Gobblas, I would love to see OG get a bite...have some of the fun we have had over last few years. Bonnie View!? MAN, haven't heard that name in years. Used to ride my motorcycle up that way. My father used to tell me about a dance hall there when he was growing up?

I think Mathis pulls the upset. Mathis by 3.

As far as Cuero/Ingleside, we'll probably never know as far as this year is concerned. Cuero can be beat, its happened twice this year(granted..by very good teams), but it sure is funny to see the true colors of certain Sinton fans. It would appear the mentality is: "we're horrible and will be starting basketball season a little early, so to be spiteful let's cheer anyone playing Ingleside" pretty classless. Way to support the district. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Bonnie View!? MAN, haven't heard that name in years. Used to ride my motorcycle up that way. My father used to tell me about a dance hall there when he was growing up?

I think Mathis pulls the upset. Mathis by 3.

As far as Cuero/Ingleside, we'll probably never know as far as this year is concerned. Cuero can be beat, its happened twice this year(granted..by very good teams), but it sure is funny to see the true colors of certain Sinton fans. It would appear the mentality is: "we're horrible and will be starting basketball season a little early, so to be spiteful let's cheer anyone playing Ingleside" pretty classless. Way to support the district. :rolleyes:

winning or losing - i'm always classless - there is that damn word again :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
winning or losing - i'm always classless - there is that damn word again :rolleyes: wasn't referring to you....but I can speak for myself when Ingleside would stay home and Sinton would go deep, I became a Sinton fan, as I supported D30-3A.

AP Panther Fan
10-31-2007, 12:03 PM
wasn't referring to you....but I can speak for myself when Ingleside would stay home and Sinton would go deep, I became a Sinton fan, as I supported D30-3A.

not feeling like sharing that District 30-3A love with West Oso?:cool:

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
not feeling like sharing that District 30-3A love with West Oso?:cool: no no....my point was to point out that I thought certain Sinton posters making comments about "I wish Ingleside would play Cuero so they'd get blasted" and whatnot is just kinda childish. Maybe it's just a few frustrated Sinton fans coming to grips w/ the fact they'll be staying home and starting basketball in a couple of weeks. That's something they're not used to. I don't know.....at any rate, I myself support whatever team comes outa 30-3A come playoff time, but thats just me.

Maybe I just have more CLASS. :D :p

AP Panther Fan
10-31-2007, 12:19 PM
no no....my point was to point out that I thought certain Sinton posters making comments about "I wish Ingleside would play Cuero so they'd get blasted" and whatnot is just kinda childish. Maybe it's just a few frustrated Sinton fans coming to grips w/ the fact they'll be staying home and starting basketball in a couple of weeks. That's something they're not used to. I don't know.....at any rate, I myself support whatever team comes outa 30-3A come playoff time, but thats just me.

Maybe I just have more CLASS. :D :p

LOL...we like basketball in Aransas Pass! :D

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 12:30 PM
wasn't referring to you....but I can speak for myself when Ingleside would stay home and Sinton would go deep, I became a Sinton fan, as I supported D30-3A.

well that's cause we are sinton HAHAHA ;) :D

i think of it more as being juevenile than classless, but that's just me

CueroDad2006
10-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Lets get back the the subject in the post.
What needs to happen in 30-3a the next two weeks to move on to the playoffs,
Who?
How will they all finish?
Who they will play?

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 10:56 PM
Lets get back the the subject in the post.
What needs to happen in 30-3a the next two weeks to move on to the playoffs,
Who?
How will they all finish?
Who they will play?

Ingleside and West Oso are both undefeated and are playing each other this week. Both have clinched playoff spots. West Oso and Orange Grove play the following week, probably for seeding.

Remaining schedule:
11/2
Aransas Pass @ Sinton (both are looking for their first district win :doh: )
Ingleside @ West Oso (both are undefeated)
Orange Grove @ Mathis (both have losses to Ingleside and Mathis has another loss to WO)
11/9
Sinton @ Ingleside (if Ingleside beats WO this week - they'll be district champs with a win over Sinton)
West Oso @ Orange Grove (this will probably determine seeding)
Mathis @ Aransas Pass (could be interesting if Mathis beats OG - I think)

Lots of what ifs will be settled this week and then the picture should be pretty clear for the last week.

R4Editor
10-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Ingleside and West Oso are both undefeated and are playing each other this week. Both have clinched playoff spots. West Oso and Orange Grove play the following week, probably for seeding.

Remaining schedule:
11/2
Aransas Pass @ Sinton (both are looking for their first district win :doh: )
Ingleside @ West Oso (both are undefeated)
Orange Grove @ Mathis (both have losses to Ingleside and Mathis has another loss to WO)
11/9
Sinton @ Ingleside (if Ingleside beats WO this week - they'll be district champs with a win over Sinton)
West Oso @ Orange Grove (this will probably determine seeding)
Mathis @ Aransas Pass (could be interesting if Mathis beats OG - I think)

Lots of what ifs will be settled this week and then the picture should be pretty clear for the last week. :) well done, but Ingleside wins the District if they win Friday night due to the fact they would have beaten OG and WO

pirate4state
10-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
:) well done, but Ingleside wins the District if they win Friday night due to the fact they would have beaten OG and WO haha oh yeah - thanks :doh:

CueroGobblers
10-31-2007, 11:42 PM
say Im going with Mathis on this one, yeah im from Cuero but I work near by. anyways, I have family in Mathis so I have to go with Mathis by 14.OG is good but hey its in Mathis, I just hope that Mathis makes the playoffs. Im hearing good things from my family down there. Heard they have some good kids coming up so this can help them in the long run maybe even a shot at state you never know. Go Pirates!!!!

Blastoderm55
11-01-2007, 09:12 AM
After beating Sinton for the first time since 2000 last week, Mathis will ride the momentum and upset their Hwy 359 foes. It'll be a great game. I just wish my seats were higher. :p

Phil C
11-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by R4Editor
:) well done, but Ingleside wins the District if they win Friday night due to the fact they would have beaten OG and WO

No they would still be tied if it was a three way tie. Since they are the largest school in the district they would represent as the biggest school. The point differential is used to determine district standings and representation as far as the PLAYOFFS are concerned. But it would still be a three way tie if all teams had the same regular season record.

For example one year Sinton and George West tied for the district championship in softball. The regular season was over and they were both co-champions. Sinton won an extra game 1 -0 but that was to determine who represented the team in first place and the other second place. But still they were co-champions.

Phil C
11-01-2007, 09:24 AM
I think Mathis has a good chance expecially since the game is in Mathis. The key will be whether Mathis can stay close in the first half. For Orange Grove to win they need to get a big lead then they can "coast" the second half. If it is close at halftime then I think Mathis can take them. It should be a great game though.