View Full Version : Region 1 page updated

R1Editor
10-28-2007, 06:12 PM
http://www.3adownlow.com/regionI.php

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
http://www.3adownlow.com/regionI.php Y

You got to be kidding, Sweetwater is 5-4 and ranked No. 6?

R1Editor
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
And where would you rank them? Im sure you would have Snyder at #1:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I honestly don't think a creator of a poll should have to justify WHY. It is strictly an opinion poll of one person and Lord knows we all have different opinions on here!!!:D

bigron15
10-28-2007, 07:17 PM
sweetwater has played a much tougher schedule than most teams in the region

Bull
10-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Bridgeport's season record is 5-3 not 4-4

R1Editor
10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
sorry Bull it was a accident...it does happen :) , but it has been corrected. FYI: it was correct on the district pages if you looked ;)

R1Editor
10-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah I really dont feel the need to explain myself BUT I will just this ONCE...just for you Snydertigersrul ;)

TOP 15
1. Graham (8-0)
undefeated and has beaten #2 Abilene Wylie, #4 Clyde, and #12 Monahans

2. Abilene Wylie (6-2)
Only losses to #1 Graham, and state ranked Brownwood by a combined 13 points. With wins over #3 Clyde, #6 Sweetwater.

3. Vernon (7-1)
Only loss to #4 Clyde, with victories over #5 Burkburnett, and #10 Decatur

4. Clyde (6-3)
Losses to #1 Graham, #2 Wylie in OT, and #5 Burkburnett in OT. With wins over #3 Vernon, and #6 Sweetwater

5. Burkburnett (6-2)
Only losses to #3 Vernon, and class 4A WF Old High with wins over #4 Clyde, and #10 Decatur

6. Sweetwater (5-4)
Losses to two 4A teams WF Old High, and state ranked Brownwood, as well as #2 Abilene Wylie, and #4 Clyde. With Wins over #10 Decatur, and #7 Canyon.

7. Canyon (7-1)
Only loss to #6 Sweetwater, with a win over #13 Snyder, and #14 Seminole

8. Andrews (7-1)
Only loss is to 4A Lubbock Estacado (yes Snyder beat Estacado, but they beat #12 Monahans who beat #13 Snyder)

9. Fort Stockton (7-1)
Only loss is to #8 Andrews (beat #12 Monahans who beat Snyder) With a win over #14 Seminole

10. Decatur (5-3)
Only losses are to #5 Burkburnett in OT, #6 Sweetwater, and #3 Vernon. With a win over #15 Bridgeport

11. Argyle (6-2)
Only losses to R2 #5 Frisco Wakeland, and #15 Bridgeport. Besides this they have handled business finishing off teams.

12. Monahans (4-4)
Only losses are a 2 point loss to Midland Christian (who has played alot of good 3A teams close), #8 Andrews, #9 Fort Stickton and #1 Graham. With an victory over #13 Snyder

13. Snyder (6-2)
Only losses to #7 Canyon, and #12 Monahans. Do you want me to rank them higher then Monahans or Canyon? I dont think so. The opponents Snyder has beaten as of 10/19/2007 have combined for a record of 19-16 five of those wins, and 2 of those losses come from a 2A team.

14. Seminole (5-4)
Only losses to #7 Canyon,, #8 Andrews, #9 Fort Stockton, and Midland Greenwood. With a victory over a previously unbeaten Brownfield

15. Bridgeport (4-4)
Only losses to R2 #7 Prosper, a Iowa Park team who gave #1 Graham fits, and #10 Decatur in OT. With all of the multi loss team like Midland Greenwood, Lubbock Cooper...etc I feel they are the best of the group, and like Vernon they have traditionally proved to get stronger as the season goes on.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
13, Butkus, your poll cracks me up. But I wouldn't expect anything different coming from someone from Sweetwater. Like you said before, it'll wash itself out in the end.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 09:50 PM
what good teams have snyder played? NONE!!!

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
13, Butkus, your poll cracks me up. But I wouldn't expect anything different coming from someone from Sweetwater. Like you said before, it'll wash itself out in the end.

Agreed and Sweetwater MUST win at Breckenridge to get to the playoffs.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
nobody from snyder wants to answer my question....who has snyder played? we killed canyon and yall got beat by canyon. sweetwater deserves the spot

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Agreed and Sweetwater MUST win at Breckenridge to get to the playoffs.

Are you kidding me? Heck, Breck isn't even ranked in the region. That should be a walk in the park for Sweetwater. I mean, the team that Clyde (the #4 the team that BEAT Sweetater) just sqeaked by breck with :44 seconds left in the 4th.:rolleyes:

DaHop72
10-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
nobody from snyder wants to answer my question....who has snyder played? we killed canyon and yall got beat by canyon. sweetwater deserves the spot :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think you can look at all the schedules on the home page.:hand:

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 10:00 PM
you really cant make a logical comparison of 2 teams by who they beat and who they lost to and by how many. that was just how they played on that given night. they might have played bad or the other team might have just been on it. i try not to compare like that but its hard not to.

nobody from snyder wants to answer my question....who has snyder played? we killed canyon and yall got beat by canyon. sweetwater deserves the spot

You were saying?:rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Are you kidding me? Heck, Breck isn't even ranked in the region. That should be a walk in the park for Sweetwater. I mean, the team that Clyde (the #4 the team that BEAT Sweetater) just sqeaked by breck with :44 seconds left in the 4th.:rolleyes:

You never know what might happen and the game is at Breckenridge. But Jackson has two weeks to prepare too.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 10:01 PM
You never know what might happen and the game is at Breckenridge. But Jackson has two weeks to prepare too.

I was being sarcastic.

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:01 PM
what good teams have snyder played? NONE!!!

Six of the seven opponents in non-district already have clinched playoff berths. Next question please.

R1Editor
10-28-2007, 10:04 PM

Sorry to disapoint you but butkus is NOT the R1 editor.

Have a good evening

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I was being sarcastic.

It's all right. I believe that game could go either way.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Six of the seven opponents in non-district already have clinched playoff berths. Next question please. [/QUOTE

in cakewalk districts...our peewee teams could get into the playoffs there

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Six of the seven opponents in non-district already have clinched playoff berths. Next question please. [/QUOTE

I wouldn't call District 4-4A a cakewalk

DaHop72
10-28-2007, 10:07 PM

in cakewalk districts...our peewee teams could get into the playoffs there :doh: Just another in a long line, easy come easy go.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bigron15
10-28-2007, 10:09 PM
o well its not like swater or snyder will win state anyways

bigron15
10-28-2007, 10:09 PM
or anyone from region 1. MAYBE graham but every other region is way better than ours

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:10 PM

Sweetwater might not even make the playoffs and the Tigers are already in.

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm afraid this is becoming a Snyder-Sweetwater thread.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 10:12 PM
i will tell u right now, the sweetwater offense is not playing very well. if the defense plays like they did against clyde then we will be alright

bigron15
10-28-2007, 10:13 PM
i had to look at the thread name lol

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
i will tell u right now, the sweetwater offense is not playing very well. if the defense plays like they did against clyde then we will be alright

I agree with you. You can't blame the defense when the other team scored both touchdowns on drives less than 10 yards.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Who is the Region I editor? It looks like me and the rest of my
"crew" might have to do some "persuading".:thinking: :D

Originally posted by Butkus
Well ya better bring a big stick ole son. Me an my bruthers thought we wuz doin a good job.:devil:

Originally posted by R1Editor
Sorry to disapoint you but butkus is NOT the R1 editor.

Have a good evening

Oh, I guess he must be your brother then.:rolleyes:

MarginalTalent
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM

Exactly. How hard is it to make the playoffs anyway. In a 4 team district you have a 75% chance of making it. In our district it's a 60% chance. So, saying you have played a lot of playoff teams doesn't mean that much when 3 teams are going from each district. And if your in poor old Lamesa's district, you've got 100% chance of making it.

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM

Good work Snyder TigerFan.

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Or both of them

bigron15
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Exactly. How hard is it to make the playoffs anyway. In a 4 team district you have a 75% chance of making it. In our district it's a 60% chance. So, saying you have played a lot of playoff teams doesn't mean that much when 3 teams are going from each district. And if your in poor old Lamesa's district, you've got 100% chance of making it.

exactly:clap:

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM

Don't blame Snyder, Greenwood and Andrews for being in the same district as Lamesa, blame the UIL

KTA
10-28-2007, 10:21 PM

Iowa Park came 1 point shy of Graham, does that make Graham a sorry team, after all they have beat Wylie, Clyde, and Monahans. Maybe that just means Iowa Park should be ranked higher then Snyder :P

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM

A few of you sweetwater posters have had that attitude lately. Nice.

MarginalTalent
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey, I wouldn't complain. Except for the travel, I wish they were in our district.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Iowa Park came 1 point shy of Graham, does that make Graham a sorry team, after all they have beat Wylie, Clyde, and Monahans. Maybe that just means Iowa Park should be ranked higher then Snyder :P

According to Butkus and his brother it does. I'm surprised they aren't ranked above Snyder anyway. Oh well, we still have next week.:)

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by KTA

The bottom line is Graham WON and they should not lose the No. 1 spot. My point is that you have a 5-4 team ranked in the Top 6 that might not make the playoffs.

MarginalTalent
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey, I wouldn't complain. Except for the travel, I wish they were in our district.

They, meaning Lamesa

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM

They, meaning Lamesa

Look at the neighboring 4-team district. Lubbock cooper might miss the playoffs again after losing Friday to Levelland.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 10:26 PM
i love the swater snyder rivalry..it killed me to hear that they werent in our district anymore a couple years ago. we have just had some tough people on our schedule. thats why we are 5-4. we dont play an easy schedule

KTA
10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
The bottom line is Graham WON and they should not lose the No. 1 spot. My point is that you have a 5-4 team ranked in the Top 6 that might not make the playoffs.

I got a question do you not think that some districts are stronger then others? Sweetwater would mop up districts 1 3 4 5 with the only real test being Snyder. Its not SW's fault they are in a STACKED district

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
i love the swater snyder rivalry..it killed me to hear that they werent in our district anymore a couple years ago. we have just had some tough people on our schedule. thats why we are 5-4. we dont play an easy schedule

All that counts is district play because that is the only way to get to the playoffs. I rather go 0-6 and then do well in the district and make the playoffs than a good record and stay home.

KTA
10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
All that counts is district play because that is the only way to get to the playoffs. I rather go 0-6 and then do well in the district and make the playoffs than a good record and stay home.

I agree with that, but if your 0-6 and still makes the playoffs you had better of played a tough non district schedule or else you going home in the 1st round

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I got a question do you not think that some districts are stronger then others? Sweetwater would mop up districts 1 3 4 5 with the only real test being Snyder. Its not SW's fault they are in a STACKED district

At realignment, the UIL places teams together with travel one of the biggest factors, not how easy or tough of a football district it might be.

KTA
10-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Your avoiding what im saying. I never once said they did, but stacked districts happen by coincidence, and district 7-3A is one of them. Its not SW's fault they are playing in a stacked district this year. When some districts have 3 state ranked teams in the same district sometimes 1 slipping up in a trap game could cost them a chance in the playoffs. Does that mean they are not better then 85% of the other teams who make the playoffs with a losing record and came out of weak district NO it don't.

THAT right there is what I am Saying!!!

KTA
10-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Sweetwater is better then all these teams looking to make the playoffs.

Anthony
Greenwood
Seminole
Levelland
Brownfield
Dalhart
Perryton
Decatur
Bridgeport
Argyle

So even if they miss the playoffs, there are some teams out there that are still going to make it even though they are not the better team, they just benefit from being in a weak district. Its not THERE FAULT THEY ARE IN STACKED DISTRICT

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by KTA

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they would mop those districts. Wylie and Sweetwater should be the teams to beat in their current district, much like they were last year. However, Sweetwater is a little down this year. Who have they beat? Canyon and Decatur? And, Decatur is a little down this year.

KTA
10-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Wylie and Sweetwater should be the teams to beat in their current district

UMMMMMM

Abilene Wylie 28
Clyde 27 F OT

Sweetwater 8
Clyde 15 F

you forgetting somebody?

Who have they beat? Canyon and Decatur? And, Decatur is a little down this year

Canyon beat yall so what does that say about your football program? Over rated?

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Canyon beat yall so what does that say about your football program? Over rated?

Nope, we just let one slip by (maybe two).

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by KTA
UMMMMMM

Abilene Wylie 28
Clyde 27 F OT

Sweetwater 8
Clyde 15 F

you forgetting somebody?

Like I said, Wylie and Sweetwater SHOULD be the teams to beat.

KTA
10-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Nope, we just let one slip by (maybe two).

Last time I checked thats 2 losses not slips....but you can sugar coat it any way you would like

But lets look at the FACTS
Monahans beat yall by 9 that more then a TD and a 2 point. Not quite a "slip"
Canyon beat yall by 3, yall didnt execute for 48 mins or else yall might of tied the game and sent it into OT. Even then there was still no guarentee

Looks like 2 losses to me. It really dont matter because you guys from Snyder will argue until your Sweetwater red in the face.:crazy:

Snyder_TigerFan
10-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Last time I checked thats 2 losses not slips....but you can sugar coat it any way you would like

But lets look at the FACTS
Monahans beat yall by 9 that more then a TD and a 2 point. Not quite a "slip"
Canyon beat yall by 3, yall didnt execute for 48 mins or else yall might of tied the game and sent it into OT. Even then there was still no guarentee

Looks like 2 losses to me.

I wasn't arguing the fact that they were losses.:rolleyes: I was arguing with you questioning whether Snyder was overrated. How can you be overrated and ranked 13th in the region?:)

Originally posted by KTA
It really dont matter because you guys from Snyder will argue until your Sweetwater red in the face.:crazy:

....and that's pink these days. ;)

KTA
10-28-2007, 11:48 PM
I was asking you if they were over rated. After all you pretty much said Canyon was, and they beat yall sooooo.....Reguardless I never said yall were overrated. Do I think yall are a top 10 team in the state no....do I think yall are a force in R1 on any given night yes.

....and that's pink these days.

S/A lol:p

bigron15
10-28-2007, 11:49 PM
....and that's pink these days. ;)

we are getting new turf pretty soon. we have set back money to replace it

Stownhorse
10-28-2007, 11:53 PM
we are getting new turf pretty soon. we have set back money to replace it

They should tarp the endzones during the summers. That would save them from getting bleached.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM
my cousin coach price told me when we were leaving from the field. i had to take my lil cousin down there so he could play.

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Sweetwater is better then all these teams looking to make the playoffs.

Anthony
Greenwood
Seminole
Levelland
Brownfield
Dalhart
Perryton
Decatur
Bridgeport
Argyle

So even if they miss the playoffs, there are some teams out there that are still going to make it even though they are not the better team, they just benefit from being in a weak district. Its not THERE FAULT THEY ARE IN STACKED DISTRICT

It doesn't matter, success is measure by the playoffs. Other than Wylie no team in 3A has been state ranked all year. Graham is the only other teamin Region 1 ranked while Snyder was in the poll for four weeks this year.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 08:20 AM

LOL!! You are SOOO way off base here it isn't even funny!!!

I can swear to you that the RegionI Editor and Butkus has NEVER met!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
10-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! You are SOOO way off base here it isn't even funny!!!

I can swear to you that the RegionI Editor and Butkus has NEVER met!!!

Oh well. Butkus claimed him, so I was just going off of what he said. No biggie, just thought it was funny.

Butkus
10-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Oh well. Butkus claimed him, so I was just going off of what he said. No biggie, just thought it was funny. Okay ole snyder_tigerfan whar did i claim tha reg1 editor:thinking:

Snyder_TigerFan
10-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Okay ole snyder_tigerfan whar did i claim tha reg1 editor:thinking:

I either took it the wrong way or you're claiming someone else's work. Here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=909162#post909162)

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 08:36 AM
I either took it the wrong way or you're claiming someone else's work. Here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=909162#post909162)

I honestly have to admit that I have NO CLUE what he is saying there.

But I know he's not claiming to be the R1 editor. I have met both of them IN PERSON, and nothing could be further from the truth!!

Butkus
10-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I either took it the wrong way or you're claiming someone else's work. Here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=909162#post909162) I guess it kinda looked like we wuz takin credit fur it. Mainly i wuz jus givin ole Sweetwater Red a little grief. Sorry fur tha confusion and by tha way i didnt see u at that m&g either. Were u with ole str lookin cross tha field at ole Butkus on tha visiturs side:devil:

Snyder_TigerFan
10-29-2007, 08:38 AM
I guess it kinda looked like we wuz takin credit fur it. Mainly i wuz jus givin ole Sweetwater Red a little grief. Sorry fur tha confusion and by tha way i didnt see u at that m&g either. Were u with ole str lookin cross tha field at ole Butkus on tha visiturs side:devil:

Through crosshairs. ;) :D

I didn't make it to the game. I had to settle on the AHS vs. Mojo.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 08:40 AM

I didn't make it to the game. I had to settle on the AHS vs. Mojo.

:eek: :eek: I hope you have a dead-on aim...I was right beside him!!

No offense Butkus!!:p

Butkus
10-29-2007, 08:40 AM

I didn't make it to the game. I had to settle on the AHS vs. Mojo. I new that snyder_tigerfan cuz i read this downlow purdy close but since ur frum that tigger town ole Butkus had da throw a rock ur way.:D

Butkus
10-29-2007, 08:41 AM
:eek: :eek: I hope you have a dead-on aim...I was right beside him!!

No offense Butkus!!:p And none takin Ranger Mom:kiss:

grizz53
10-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Like I said, Wylie and Sweetwater SHOULD be the teams to beat.

Man what does Clyde have to do to get recognized? Thanks KTA

Snyder_TigerFan
10-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by grizz53

Well, you did beat one of the two "teams to beat", but came pretty close to negating that with the game against Breck.

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 08:51 AM

Don't get your panties in a wad GRIZ. Actually Clyde has been shown quite a bit of love on the DL this year and rightly so. There are still few non believers. Win your first round playoff game and you'll win them over also. The win over Breck wasn't pretty and I thought it would solify an easier playoff game in round one, however Bridgeports win over Argyle last friday will mean that Clyde will probably play Argyle in round one. This could be a tougher matchup.

grizz53
10-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Don't get your panties in a wad GRIZ. Actually Clyde has been shown quite a bit of love on the DL this year and rightly so. There are still few non believers. Win your first round playoff game and you'll win them over also. The win over Breck wasn't pretty and I thought it would solify an easier playoff game in round one, however Bridgeports win over Argyle last friday will mean that Clyde will probably play Argyle in round one. This could be a tougher matchup.

Trust me I agree that the win over Breck was real ugly, but I think that Breck could shake up alot of things in the coming weeks. With Vick and Roberson running the ball like they did against us its going to be hard for Wylie and Swater to slow them down also. And you know maybe a tougher match up like Argyle is just what Clyde needs to convince those non believers.

Black_Magic
10-29-2007, 09:27 AM
The proof of how far off this "poll" is comes when you go into the playoffs and around the 3rd round, how many of these teams in the top 10 are still in. That is when you can make fun of this poll . Proof comes out in the end.

nobogey72
10-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Griz I live in Buffalo Gap but am a Graham grad. and fan. You guys could have beaten us pretty easily and from what I hear did beat Wylie but got robbed at the end. Wylie gets respect because they are Wylie and the same for Sweetwater. Breck will probably beat Sweetwater and my guess is they will beat Wylie too. If the other teams in the district could see the Graham/Wylie game film they would know that it is pretty obvious that Wylie is very weak at cornerback. both of them are small. We abused their #2 or 3, I can't remember, because he is about 5'5 and can't cover. The other teams in the district just haven't figured that out yet. Breck will expose him.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Proof comes out in the end.
:confused: I thought the proof was in the pudding? :p ;)

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 09:59 AM
The proof of how far off this "poll" is comes when you go into the playoffs and around the 3rd round, how many of these teams in the top 10 are still in. That is when you can make fun of this poll . Proof comes out in the end.

How many polls ever have the same top 10 as they did in week 8??

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Griz I live in Buffalo Gap but am a Graham grad. and fan. You guys could have beaten us pretty easily and from what I hear did beat Wylie but got robbed at the end. Wylie gets respect because they are Wylie and the same for Sweetwater. Breck will probably beat Sweetwater and my guess is they will beat Wylie too. If the other teams in the district could see the Graham/Wylie game film they would know that it is pretty obvious that Wylie is very weak at cornerback. both of them are small. We abused their #2 or 3, I can't remember, because he is about 5'5 and can't cover. The other teams in the district just haven't figured that out yet. Breck will expose him.

I think nobogey72 should be called yes-doobie72 because he must be smoking something.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM
A few of you sweetwater posters have had that attitude lately. Nice.

I agree..they have, you can't say that some Snyder posters have had the best attitude themselves lately!!

grizz53
10-29-2007, 10:17 AM

Yea I understand why they get respect, because they do have the wins in history. And yea the Graham/Clyde game was a heck of a game. Clyde just didnt capitalize on their oppotunities and Graham did. And yea there was a horrible call in the Wylie game but I think everyone has moved on from that now. But yea if Breck comes out to play like they did against Clyde I believe they can take Wylie and Swater too. I mean Kevil out ran the wylie defense on several runs, and both of the runners from Breck left Kevil in their dust. It all just depends on Brecks attitude cuz you know Wylie and Swater are gonna come out and play hard like always.

wtxfootball08
10-29-2007, 10:20 AM
I think nobogey72 should be called yes-doobie72 because he must be smoking something.

I disagree with you, i think he has a great point... tx your a wylie fan, or you would to admit that Case is weak at CB. But i do understand your a homer and i would be quick to defend anyone on my team too. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the game this weak.. Breck is going to give you a run for your money-- not a team to overlook

Black_Magic
10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
How many polls ever have the same top 10 as they did in week 8?? The ones that have a clue as to what they are talking about usualy do.. Seminole ranked and Greenwood spanked them, Argyle ranked above Bridgeport and they just beat argyle if im not mistaken. This is the one poll that I get a crack out of when I read it. Some teams are even raked higher in a state wide poll than they are in this one little region poll.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
The ones that have a clue as to what they are talking about usualy do.. Seminole ranked and Greenwood spanked them, Argyle ranked above Bridgeport and they just beat argyle if im not mistaken. This is the one poll that I get a crack out of when I read it. Some teams are even raked higher in a state wide poll than they are in this one little region poll.:rolleyes:

What cracks me up is people getting all bent out of shape about them and saying they can "make fun of it" on down the road!!

:rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
I disagree with you, i think he has a great point... tx your a wylie fan, or you would to admit that Case is weak at CB. But i do understand your a homer and i would be quick to defend anyone on my team too. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the game this weak.. Breck is going to give you a run for your money-- not a team to overlook
Texas2 defending Dawgs- No Way?
There is alot of truth to what was said here...... don't discount Breck at all- but I don't think there is any way if Hugh and Dawgs are ready..... the Bucks can beat them.

Butkus
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
What cracks me up is people getting all bent out of shape about them and saying they can "make fun of it" on down the road!!

:rolleyes: Thar will be 2 teams that can make fun of all them at tha end of tha year.:D

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08

I agree about Breck, they will be a test this friday, and i don't understand why they haven't had Vick at QB all year. I have seen every Wylie game, and every team this year has tried to take advantage of #2, and with the exception of the TD pass and two pt play he gave up in the Graham game he has played extremely well. He leads Wylie in interceptions and pass breakups and most of the passes completed on have been the short stop routes. Every team has tried to go down the field on him and he's yet to give up a long pass completion, and three of his four picks have come on fade routes to tall WR's.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Thar will be 2 teams that can make fun of all them at tha end of tha year.:D

Heck...back in 2002, Greenwood didn't even crack the rankings til week 8.....I don't know if Bandera was ever ranked!!

Rankings shmakings.....it's all an opinion....and I guess I shouldn't frown on the people who gripe about them and promise to "make fun of it" down the road.....because I am making fun of them right now!!:p :p

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Heck...back in 2002, Greenwood didn't even crack the rankings til week 8.....I don't know if Bandera was ever ranked!!

Rankings shmakings.....it's all an opinion....and I guess I shouldn't frown on the people who gripe about them and promise to "make fun of it" down the road.....because I am making fun of them right now!!:p :p
I tend to agree. Plus, if you are high in the beginning you walk around with an x on your back during the season. I would rather look back and laugh and people say, "Where did they come from?".

nobogey72
10-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Red White Blue,

Don't get Texasfootball2 riled up. He knows his stuff, plus you wouldn't want him to find out who you are, trust me. Even though his nickname is "CANDY CANE". Gotcha TF2!

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Red White Blue,

Don't get Texasfootball2 riled up. He knows his stuff, plus you wouldn't want him to find out who you are, trust me. Even though his nickname is "CANDY CANE". Gotcha TF2!

That sounded almost threatening!!:eek:

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Red White Blue,

Now I know your smoking something bogey!:D

Black_Magic
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM

:rolleyes: I dont know why anyone would get bent out of shap either. particularly knowing the fact that it is one persons oppinion and they probably have not even seen footage on half the teams on the list. But it can be a soruce of a laugh or two. Just like anything can. Half of these teams will not be in top 10 will not even be playing in week 3 IMO

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Red White Blue,

I ain't scared..... by the way- I think I have already had him 'riled up' a time or two.............. I make it a weekly mission of mine!!

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 10:56 AM
I dont know why anyone would get bent out of shap either. particularly knowing the fact that it is one persons oppinion and they probably have not even seen footage on half the teams on the list. But it can be a soruce of a laugh or two. Just like anything can. Half of these teams will not be in top 10 will not even be playing in week 3 IMO

You have to have seen it happen though!! People get just down right mad if they don't like your ranking!!

Heck, I already got a PM, from a Snyder poster as a matter of fact, trying to tell me why I am wrong for thinking the way I do!!

Like that is going to matter!!:hand: :p

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I ain't scared..... by the way- I think I have already had him 'riled up' a time or two.............. I make it a weekly mission of mine!!

I feel like Bogey and RWB are doing the tag team match on me, what's up with that. :thinking:

:D RWB is just jealous because she can't figure out how use these cute little symbols.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 10:59 AM
I feel like Bogey and RWB are doing the tag team match on me, what's up with that. :thinking:

:D RWB is just jealous because she can't figure out how use these cute little symbols.
Oh, I can do the symbols!!!!:clap:

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 11:00 AM

ROFL!!! That was PRICELESS!!:clap: :clap:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
ROFL!!! That was PRICELESS!!:clap: :clap:
Thanks, RM!!!

Curly
10-29-2007, 11:11 AM
I dont know why anyone would get bent out of shap either. particularly knowing the fact that it is one persons oppinion and they probably have not even seen footage on half the teams on the list. But it can be a soruce of a laugh or two. Just like anything can. Half of these teams will not be in top 10 will not even be playing in week 3 IMO

Do they even teach spelling in the Snyder School system anymore???????

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Curly
I asked this several weeks ago and we got in trouble. You might want to shy away from this question, but it is something to explore............

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 11:15 AM

But...... You can't do this....

http://img61imagesshack.us/my.php?image=mntechspec02111oy08.jpg[/IMG]

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Curly
He's not a spelling teacher, I don't think, so might not be able to answer that question. :devil: ;)

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 11:17 AM

http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nvtechspec02111oy8.jpg

post a link??

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 11:18 AM

http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nvtechspec02111oy8.jpg
Do what- Texas2.... type jibberish??? Oh, I can do that, too!!!
lsjfaghaghioyupgohahweryiuwerjhhkjh****hjaknfan_)) )>}

Snyder_TigerFan
10-29-2007, 11:20 AM
I just thought the poll was a little comical - and I was stirring the pot a bit. I'm not meaning to complain about the poll, everyone has their own opinion and it'll all fix itself at the end of the year.

Butkus
10-29-2007, 11:21 AM

http://img61imagesshack.us/my.php?image=mntechspec02111oy08.jpg[/IMG] Durn tf2 even ole Butkus can post picturs its not rocket science:D

Snyder_TigerFan
10-29-2007, 11:23 AM

Lol.:clap: :clap: Keep trying.;)

Texasfootball2

Hey took a shoot at it while the time was right. It seems that I haven't excatly got it down very well either. :D Consider this laugh on me RWB ( but a least I've accomplished it once )

PS. You would have enjoyed the picture too!

RedWhiteBlue
Durn tf2 even ole Butkus can post picturs its not rocket science:D
Now, Butkus, it is, too. You are just smarter than the rest of us!!!!

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Durn tf2 even ole Butkus can post picturs its not rocket science:D

I know, but I'm still pretty old fashion and just haven't gotten completely into the computer age yet. But I'm working on in. As long as I prefect it before RWB does my mission will be accomplished.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey took a shoot at it while the time was right. It seems that I haven't excatly got it down very well either. :D Consider this laugh on me RWB ( but a least I've accomplished it once )

PS. You would have enjoyed the picture too!

Was it this one??

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1425/nvtechspec02111oy8.jpg

Butkus
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Now, Butkus, it is, too. You are just smarter than the rest of us!!!! :blush: Dang rwb u sure do no how ta embarrass an old country boy

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Was it this one??

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1425/nvtechspec02111oy8.jpg

Yes, thanks RM even though I feel like a whipped puppy now.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I know, but I'm still pretty old fashion and just haven't gotten completely into the computer age yet. But I'm working on in. As long as I prefect it before RWB does my mission will be accomplished.
I told you, I gave up on it a long time ago- life is too short. You did have it down, what happened?- I know old age and short term memory.... right???? J/K

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I told you, I gave up on it a long time ago- life is too short. You did have it down, what happened?- I know old age and short term memory.... right???? J/K

I don't know, I thought I had it down also. Maybe the first one was luck. RM sure put me in my place though. The picture was supposibly take at a Wylie/Graham 8th grade game a couple of weeks ago.:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I would have liked to have seen that one. My son plays 8th grade A team. I guess I just don't have the energy or the patience to keep messing with it.........
Good luck with it, though! And by the way- you know Graham has this rivalry with Breckenridge eventhough we didn't play them this year, so you guys need to beat them! Hopefully, we will get them back on our schedule soon.

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
I would have liked to have seen that one. My son plays 8th grade A team. I guess I just don't have the energy or the patience to keep messing with it.........
Good luck with it, though! And by the way- you know Graham has this rivalry with Breckenridge eventhough we didn't play them this year, so you guys need to beat them! Hopefully, we will get them back on our schedule soon.

HEY RWB, scroll up a couple of post and the picture is there. RM posted it for me.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Yall are making this harder on yourself than it really is.

All you need is the url from the pic.

Copy this link:

http://www.logosoftwear.com/cgi-images/SP0406.JPG

Open the IMG box....you will see that there is an http:// already there. I always just delete that and then copy and paste the entire link in that box.

If using Imageshack, Photobucket, etc...you don't even have to USE that box. Just copy and paste the link it gives you in the image box straight to the board!!!

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
HEY RWB, scroll up a couple of post and the picture is there. RM posted it for me.
That little blue guy running over the little red guy? The little cartoon picture?

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 11:51 AM
That little blue guy running over the little red guy? The little cartoon picture?

Ya! the BIG PURPLE GUY running over the little red guy.:D

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 11:52 AM
If you have pic saved on Photobucket, all you have to do is copy the IMG code and paste it here.

No need to use the above IMG box because the IMG tags are already included

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/ex.jpg

Stownhorse
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Trust me I agree that the win over Breck was real ugly, but I think that Breck could shake up alot of things in the coming weeks. With Vick and Roberson running the ball like they did against us its going to be hard for Wylie and Swater to slow them down also. And you know maybe a tougher match up like Argyle is just what Clyde needs to convince those non believers.

Are you nuts? We stuffed Kevil, so what makes you think we cant stop them?

I think Clyde will have a little trouble going into the playoffs because of the depth and post season experience. But you never know! Sweetwater will be lucky to see the playoffs.

bigron15
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
our run defense is fresh to def. not so much the pass d

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Are you nuts? We stuffed Kevil, so what makes you think we cant stop them?

I think Clyde will have a little trouble going into the playoffs because of the depth and post season experience. But you never know! Sweetwater will be lucky to see the playoffs.

If I was in your shoes, I would be more concerned if my team will make the playoffs. Clyde is almost in the playoffs, barring a collaspse (which won't happen)

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Ya! the BIG PURPLE GUY running over the little red guy.:D
I think it is blue and if that was intended for me- our uniforms are blue- not red. Are you going colorblind, too?? Bless your heart!!!

lakers
10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I think it is blue and if that was intended for me- our uniforms are blue- not red. Are you going colorblind, too?? Bless your heart!!!

What if he is....

How do u feel after making fun of somebody that is blind...:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by lakers
What if he is....

How do u feel after making fun of somebody that is blind...:D
I'm not making fun.... I said, bless his heart! In Texas, that is a sign of empathy!!!!!

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Plus, Texas2 can take it with all he dishes out to me- he is a mess!!!!

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 02:06 PM

I know your jersey are blue, BUT! your colors are Red, White, & Blue so you could very easily were red jersey. I may be color blind but I think the other guy was wearing purple. Besides, it was a cartoon, and I was just trying to take a little stab at you with the picture and the fact that I could POST the picture. :D

Stownhorse
10-29-2007, 02:09 PM
If I was in your shoes, I would be more concerned if my team will make the playoffs. Clyde is almost in the playoffs, barring a collaspse (which won't happen)

If I was in your shoes I would shut up.... frankly Im not worried if they make the playoffs or not, its a down year. FYI, Clyde has already clinched a playoff birth.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I know your jersey are blue, BUT! your colors are Red, White, & Blue so you could very easily were red jersey. I may be color blind but I think the other guy was wearing purple. Besides, it was a cartoon, and I was just trying to take a little stab at you with the picture and the fact that I could POST the picture. :D
Ahhhhhhhh, I see. Cute, very cute..............
Are you guys playing Breck at your place or theirs?

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, I see. Cute, very cute..............
Are you guys playing Breck at your place or theirs?

We play them here, which is usually a good thing, but lately we have playing some ugly football in the first quater whether were at home or away. Breck seems to be much better now the Vick is back at QB. It's not easy to put 30+ points on Clyde, so this could be interesting.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 02:18 PM
We play them here, which is usually a good thing, but lately we have playing some ugly football in the first quater whether were at home or away. Breck seems to be much better now the Vick is back at QB. It's not easy to put 30+ points on Clyde, so this could be interesting.
I agree that isn't an easy thing and it should be interesting.....
Good luck to the Dawgs!!!

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Haha....we saw how well THAT turned out!!;)

Maybe you should check the colors on your monitor?? I see blue also!!

Stownhorse
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Haha....we saw how well THAT turned out!!;)

Maybe you should check the colors on your monitor?? I see blue also!!

Im confused.

Texasfootball2
10-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Im confused.

And much better off too!:)

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
If I was in your shoes I would shut up.... frankly Im not worried if they make the playoffs or not, its a down year. FYI, Clyde has already clinched a playoff birth.

How is it going to feel staying home for the playoffs.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
How is it going to feel staying home for the playoffs.
Not much worse than getting to go home after getting beat in the first or second round.........

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Not much worse than getting to go home after getting beat in the first or second round.........

I wouldn't know that feeling since we average going at least three rounds for the past five year. If you don't believe, check with Blackie.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2007, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't know that feeling since we average going at least three rounds for the past five year. If you don't believe, check with Blackie.
Well, congrats. I was just saying it doesn't feel much better either way.......

TigerPride
10-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Throwing in the towel this early, thats the spirit... GO TIGERS!!(the best 6-2 team in the state)

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
Throwing in the towel this early, thats the spirit... GO TIGERS!!(the best 6-2 team in the state)

What a spirit and a good way to show support for your team. I say, GO TIGERS. And of course, we are the best 6-2 team in the state too.

:D

wildstangs
10-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Sweetwater will beat Breckenridge. Might make a first round exit though - Something Snyder should know alot about!

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Sweetwater will beat Breckenridge. Might make a first round exit though - Something Snyder should know alot about!

Since we usually go three rounds deep (if you don't believe me, ask Blackie), I wouldn't know.

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Why even bother updating such a lack luster region.

sweetwater07
10-29-2007, 05:54 PM

well if we played the likes of Anthony and Far west Texas teams 1st through 3rd round of the playoffs i bet we would too, Merkel could....

Snydertigersrul
Originally posted by Go Blue
Why even bother updating such a lack luster region.

Now now, that might hurt Butkus' feelings. He worked long hours to come up with that poll.

wildstangs
Since we usually go three rounds deep (if you don't believe me, ask Blackie), I wouldn't know.

Snyder has made it past round one only 3-4 times in the last 20 years. How many times has Monahans alone knocked you guys out in round one?

Butkus
10-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Why even bother updating such a lack luster region. Why bother postin on this thread old bandwagoner:rolleyes:

Butkus
10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Now now, that might hurt Butkus' feelings. He worked long hours to come up with that poll. Get cha head outta that dark and smelly place ole str. Butkus got nothin ta do with tha reg 1 rankin:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Why bother postin on this thread old bandwagoner:rolleyes: Why else:p

Butkus
10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Why else:p Why dont cha go jump on a lh thread after all ur own thar coattails anyway.

wildstangs
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Snyder's last five season.

2002 - Lost in round one
2003 - Lost in round three
2004 - Lost in round five
2005 - Lost in round one
2006 - Lost in round three

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Why dont cha go jump on a lh thread after all ur own thar coattails anyway. Your right and at least their not a weak region I team:p

Butkus
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Your right and at least their not a weak region I team:p Okay see ya youngin enjoy ya wagon ride:wave:

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Okay see ya youngin enjoy ya wagon ride:wave: As long as their aint fire ants in the hay we got loaded it should be alright ;)

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Your right and at least their not a weak region I team:p :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 06:08 PM
:rolleyes: Sorry I won't respect Snyder till they have a state championship ;)

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Sorry I won't respect Snyder till they have a state championship ;)

Rockdale is a joke

Old Tiger
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Rockdale is a joke cool

Butkus
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry I won't respect Snyder till they have a state championship ;) Ole Butkus dont give a rip bout those tiggers u an me talkin bout a region:wave:

lion75
10-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Rockdale is a joke They are not a joke, they just have a very weak football team.