PDA

View Full Version : Frans Farewell Tour Moves To Norman

rancher
10-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Fran's farewell tour now moves to Norman. How bad will this donkey stomp be? In what I observed, the aggies looked like they were just going through the motions and looked dead. How can that big TE not catch a pass until the 4th quarter. Lane from what I read had just 24 yards on 7 carries and McGee had just a few yards. Some of the play calling I questioned. When will this Fran-kenstein be killed by the AD.

Cameron Crazy
10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Fran's farewell tour now moves to Norman. How bad will this donkey stomp be? In what I observed, the aggies looked like they were just going through the motions and looked dead. How can that big TE not catch a pass until the 4th quarter. Lane from what I read had just 24 yards on 7 carries and McGee had just a few yards. Some of the play calling I questioned. When will this Fran-kenstein be killed by the AD. I think the Aggs will get embarresed when they are in Norman.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 04:33 PM
maybe another 77-0 defeat?

20FAN07
10-28-2007, 04:38 PM
its not going to be pretty.......i have faith we will score once. I think we will kicka field goal out of desperation in the last 2 min of the game. I guess time will tell......

JR2004
10-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm thinking Stoops will try and run the score up into at least the high 50's. It wouldn't shock me to see them running the two minute drill at the end of the game trying to get 60 or 70 on the board.

IHStangFan
10-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I think the Aggs will get embarresed when they are in Norman. if we play Franball...i.e. little dump passes for 3 and 4 yds horizontally, Lane on the sidelines and McGee trying to pass more than he runs...we lose HUGE. When Lane is in the game and is utilized as he should be, and McGee has success running the ball on the option, A&M does well. It just depends on which O Fran implements on game day. My guess is we play Franball and get hammered.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'm thinking Stoops will try and run the score up into at least the high 50's. It wouldn't shock me to see them running the two minute drill at the end of the game trying to get 60 or 70 on the board.

if they want to jump teams in the BCS then they will have to run up the score and hold A&M to as few points as possible

JJ7997
10-28-2007, 06:25 PM
I dont think it will be as bad as yall make it sound. If the Stumblin' Steers can keep within a TD of Blow U then we can too. Blow U is overrated.

zebrablue2
10-28-2007, 06:30 PM
fran may not be there this weekend. heard talk of him getting the ax on monday. to be continued. may just be talk. heard it on ktrh.

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Fran's farewell tour now moves to Norman. How bad will this donkey stomp be? In what I observed, the aggies looked like they were just going through the motions and looked dead. How can that big TE not catch a pass until the 4th quarter. Lane from what I read had just 24 yards on 7 carries and McGee had just a few yards. Some of the play calling I questioned. When will this Fran-kenstein be killed by the AD.

How about Coach Fran going to SMU

injuredinmelee
10-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I dont think it will be as bad as yall make it sound. If the Stumblin' Steers can keep within a TD of Blow U then we can too. Blow U is overrated.

I knew there would be at least one mention of UT by an aggie with penis envy.

injuredinmelee
10-28-2007, 08:01 PM
but I still expect the aggies to beat UT.

g$$
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
if they want to jump teams in the BCS then they will have to run up the score and hold A&M to as few points as possible

Margin of victory is no longer used in BCS ratings. That being said, it will be ugly. Stoops hates Fran. Only a matter of time until we get a new coach in Aggieland. Again.

g$$
10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I knew there would be at least one mention of UT by an aggie with penis envy.

NO penis envy here. I call it like it is. Read any of my posts & you will see my feelings about Fran & the program right now. I have wanted him gone since after year 2.

That being said, Texas has nothing to brag about this year. Very marginal team with holes. And OK State will beat them in Stillwater this weekend. Hold me to that...

rancher
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM
When did KTRH report that he would be fired on Monday, just read an article in the Houston Chronicle calling for him to go now. Very interesting, could be bad timing for him in NASTY NORMAN. Could the tour end there or will it move on to other cities.

lepfan
10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
maybe another 77-0 defeat? IMO -- I feel if they are capable they will 'donkey stomp' (seems to be the word of the day) the Ags...just because the way Fran ran his mouth about the Bomar problems....like I said....that is just my opinion

g$$
10-28-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texasam/5251825.html

Good article if you hate Fran like I do!

big daddy russ
10-29-2007, 05:18 AM
Same questions, different week: Who will replace Fran?

Rumor I've heard is that a group of Houston alums wants Briles in CS while a group of Dallas alums is pushing for someone else (Sherman, I think). Meanwhile, Tuberville is the favorite while my personal pick would be Tedford with a high profile DC like Phil Bennett, Dan McCarney, or Charlie Strong (though it's unlikely he'll leave his perch at UF).

Honestly, how could you go wrong with a Tedford/Strong duo? McGee may finally become the QB we all thought he could be, the receiving corps would get a shot in the arm (and a few big-time recruits), and Strong knows how to make a great defense work with a quick strike offense.

Oh, and Strong can also recruit with anyone anywhere.

grizz53
10-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Well I hope its not another 77-0 nothing game cuz that was flat-out embarassing, but I really dont think we have a chance. OU is way to strong and after the debacle against CU I think they have their head on straight and are looking to get back in the national championship hunt.

Macarthur
10-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Same questions, different week: Who will replace Fran?

Rumor I've heard is that a group of Houston alums wants Briles in CS while a group of Dallas alums is pushing for someone else (Sherman, I think). Meanwhile, Tuberville is the favorite while my personal pick would be Tedford with a high profile DC like Phil Bennett, Dan McCarney, or Charlie Strong (though it's unlikely he'll leave his perch at UF).

Honestly, how could you go wrong with a Tedford/Strong duo? McGee may finally become the QB we all thought he could be, the receiving corps would get a shot in the arm (and a few big-time recruits), and Strong knows how to make a great defense work with a quick strike offense.

Oh, and Strong can also recruit with anyone anywhere.

It won't be Briles. Everything I've read says Tuberville is the lead dog.

Bull19
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
i think ou will actually take it easy on the ags, with that being said i've got ou by 45

rancher
10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Auburn is reporting they will give Tuberville and extension this year and a raise to keep him. I hear that Rich Rodriguez for West Viginia is who the AD wants and will pay to get him. Also hearing Bo Pellin name a lot. However, Nebraska will pay a king's ransom for him too. Will NASTY NORMAN be Fran's last stand.

big daddy russ
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
It won't be Briles. Everything I've read says Tuberville is the lead dog.
Yeah, I think that if they went the Briles route it wouldn't be the home run that the program needs. Not that Briles wouldn't be a good fit in Aggieland, I just think the fan base needs a shot in the arm with a guy like Rich Rodriguez, Jeff Tedford, Tommy Tuberville, Greg Schiano, etc. Someone who's currently coaching a top-15 team.

I think most of the Briles supporters are close friends of Briles, and from everything I've heard he's a great guy to be around. But it's more politics than anything on both the Houston and Dallas ends of the line.

big daddy russ
10-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Auburn is reporting they will give Tuberville and extension this year and a raise to keep him. I hear that Rich Rodriguez for West Viginia is who the AD wants and will pay to get him. Also hearing Bo Pellin name a lot. However, Nebraska will pay a king's ransom for him too. Will NASTY NORMAN be Fran's last stand.
That's what I like to hear. The end of the Tuberville era would be a huge blow to the program.

rancher
10-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I also heard from good sources that Gene Stallings, who is on the board of regents, is working behind the scenes with the AD to secure a top rated coach who will restore the aggie program.

SpeedOption
10-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Oklahoma will win. I will say by 20.