PDA

View Full Version : Decatur has "NO" class!!!

tigerfanman
11-16-2002, 02:27 AM
27 seconds left in game, your up 26-14, 1&10 on the 18 yd. line. Glen Rose can't keep you from running the clock out. They(GR) start sending in JV boys to give'em the "play-off experience". Instead of kneeling like a graceful champion at the end of a hard fought battle, you become "class-less thugs" and run one more score in there,............how pathetic.

PS: Don't forget what goes around comes-around.

Congrats Glen Rose for a enjoyable run. It's not always about stats & ranking, your character makes you true competitors.

MASH4077
11-16-2002, 02:34 AM
A harmless run up the middle is hardly classless. why dont you lose with some class! by the way your team played great.

tigerfanman
11-16-2002, 02:49 AM
I don't care to start a pissin contest over this, but it took 3 no-huddle plays to score, that's cheap....period!

BHtheHILL
11-16-2002, 03:51 AM
Hey Tiger fan don't worry Newton will take care of them Decator folks, if Decator can make it that far.

EaglesRule
11-16-2002, 08:11 AM
hey tigerfanman, THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! Nothing like the sound of rawhide hitting a hardwood floor and the start of basketball season!

The One
11-16-2002, 08:34 AM
Dont worry Decatur wont even get to see Kennedale much less Newton.

<small>[ November 16, 2002, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: The One ]</small>

eighterman
11-16-2002, 12:05 PM
tigerfanman

You want to know what was pathetic? The support your town gave your football team. What did you have maybe 150 people in the stands. Hey, the One, it wasn't raining last night and it wasn't muddy, and it wasn't that cold so what are you going to say hurt you tonight? How about you got beat by a better football team just like you did against Decatur. Good Luck to Phillip and Joseph in the future.

tigerfanman
11-16-2002, 02:14 PM
eaglesrule

thanks for the illustration of my point

eye of the tiger
11-16-2002, 02:18 PM
I wasn't there so maybe should stay out of this. However, I am not a fan of running up the score. But if Decatur had their subs in the game it kind of makes a difference. It is hard to tell a sub not to do their best. It is their chance of a taste of what is to come and gives much experience that may be called on later in the playoffs or certainly next year. If Decatur still had their starters in, I think they should have taken a knee. Just my thoughts.

tigerfanman
11-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Decatur still had the starters in FYI

CHS_LB_38
11-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Tigerfan,
why dont u stop crying, we all knew what the outcome was gonna be. does anyone know who decatur plays next week?

OldSchoolBulldog
11-16-2002, 02:49 PM
tigerfanman:
I don't care to start a pissin contest over this, but it took 3 no-huddle plays to score, that's cheap....period!It's your team's job to stop the play. It you can't to, don't whine.

Isa4031
11-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Looks like Decatur is going to be playing Iowa Park, next week. One site has: Iowa Park 28, Comanche 12.

Texas99
11-17-2002, 02:09 AM
CHS_LB_38 Why are you still posting on the boards? You're credibility to post an opinion on the playoffs disintegtrated when your team fell apart against Glen Rose, by squandering a 28 point lead. How does a team blow a 28 point lead anyway? And, get beaten by a Sophmore QB. I'll tell you how -- YOUR LINEBACKERS BLEW IT, AND COULDN'T HACK THE LOAD!! I guess whining is the thing to do for those who never made it to the playoffs. Glen Rose made the most of their season and had the opportunity to compete in the playoffs. When was the last time Castleberry made the playoffs?

big daddy russ
11-17-2002, 06:01 AM
If what I'm hearing is true, that's horrible. Don't try to soften that up or anything, Decatur. If that you didn't have a fourth down and you were really in that situation with 27 seconds left, that commands absolutely no respect from me. I hate that kind of stuff. It's not the players' fault, it's a sorry job of coaching, and I really do hope that some of those Decatur coaches read this post. That is absolutely horrible. What comes around goes around. No disrespect to the players, but that was the worst thing those coaches could've done. These kids are 16 and 17 years old. Treat them like that, not like they're 30 and they're playing in the NFL.

labrat99
11-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Going from a no-huddle after the other team has already put in their subs stinks. Scoring that way only compounds it.

There's no way to sugarcoat it - THAT'S LOW CLASS.

Hopefully somebody will paste a 50 - 0 "A$$ WHIPPING" on Decatur somewhere down the road and teach them a lesson!

St. Ivender
11-17-2002, 04:41 PM
The "victory position/victory play" is the only thing to do in this situation. Anything else is classless. Smells of TJ Mills.

BigRed01
11-17-2002, 05:16 PM
labrat99:
Going from a no-huddle after the other team has already put in their subs stinks. Scoring that way only compounds it.

There's no way to sugarcoat it - THAT'S LOW CLASS.

Hopefully somebody will paste a 50 - 0 "A$$ WHIPPING" on Decatur somewhere down the road and teach them a lesson!I think it may become a reality for Decatur to play Kennedale. It looks like those two are going to be tough in there region. I have no interest in Decatur or Kennedale. My team, Bridge City is in D1, however, it is poor that a coach would purposely run up a score to maybe give him a little boost in the polls. From what I understand Decatur was suppossed to beat Glen Rose by a bunch. They didn't, so maybe they really went for the appearance of a dominating win. Last night we had Barbers Hill down 31-14, and we had 1st and goal at the 8. We let time expire. That's what every coach worth his salt will do. Well, hopefully they will meet Kennedale, and Kennedale will put a few tears in their eyes. :D :D

eighterman
11-17-2002, 06:15 PM
everyone has their opinion and that's fine but get all the facts first. First, Decatur ran the no huddle every single offensive play so don't think we just did it on the last series. Also they could have downed it but all we did was turn and pitch it to our back. Lastly, there were 27 seconds left after we scored not when the series started. There was enough time for us to kick and for them to run two long pass plays. Why didn't you down it after we kicked off? Our offense had not had a good night because of the great defense Glen Rose had run on us. Not speaking for our coaches but I feel like they wanted to give the offense a little confidence before next week. If you know our coaches you would know they would never disrespect another team intentionally. Like I said it wasn't atrick play just a turn and pitch.

BeckHawk2
11-17-2002, 06:43 PM
Decatur will have to get through Iowa Park before they face anyone...dont worry Glen Rose we'll get them "no class thugs" for ya and teach them a lesson

The One
11-17-2002, 07:30 PM
Eighterman,

Any word on where yall play Iowa Park at yet?

KTown#1Fan
11-18-2002, 01:05 AM
sweetwaters quarterback will give them a beating in round 3 and if they can last through that then kennedale explosive offense will send them home w/there heads down in the region 1 finals... decatur you remember what happened last year??? and to think... there better this year :D :D

BullBacker
11-18-2002, 08:26 PM
I will tell you that I want to see Decatur get beat just like the rest of you, but Sweetwater will not be the team to do it and neither will Kennedale! Decatur is really good and I think they will win the region after that will be a different story.

KTown#1Fan
11-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Decatur is not better than kennedale... they werent last year and there not this year... to say that decatur is better would mean that dane is better than daughtery and hes not... decatur will not be able to stop the kennedale attack...

BullBacker
11-18-2002, 08:42 PM
I will tell you that they beat us, is Dane better then Daughtery? NO. But he is a sophmore and getting better each week. He is better as a sophmore then Daughtery when he was a sophmore. They have probably the best balanced offense that I have seen this year. But there strong point and this is why I think they beat Kennedale is because they have a very good defense! But that is if yall make it to the regional final. Yall will have to get past Midland Greenwood and theay may pose trouble for yall.