PDA

View Full Version : UT's unis

Gobbla2001
10-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I like the home ones, but the away ones (white on white) kinda hurt my eyes... I thinkin' they need to add a couple of burnt orange stripes down the side of those suckers when they wear the white tops...

Aesculus gilmus
10-28-2007, 10:46 AM
That doesn't help much. Gilmer has the same problem with its road uniforms.

I like the way the Aggies do this with the maroon pants on the road.

I think both Gilmer and UT would do well to consider such an investment. UT wearing burnt orange pants and Gilmer wearing either orange or black pants.

If they'd just wear black, they wouldn't even have to make a new purchase.

These all-white teams look like they're on a chain gang (and I don't mean the ones on the sidelines).

Gobbla2001
10-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I think both Gilmer and UT would do well to consider such an investment. UT wearing burnt orange pants and Gilmer wearing either orange or black pants.

These all-white teams look like they're on a chain gang (and I don't mean the ones on the sidelines).

see I thought about that, but I think solid burnt orange would look just funny... burnt orange isn't a very versitile color... I think orange stripes would help a lot... would look classy...

super1
10-28-2007, 11:37 AM
burnt orange pants wouldn't look like Texas, IMHO. I think that they may have had some orange striping on the game pants in the past, but I'm not sure. Texas unis are pretty traditional and I don't think they will make any drastic changes anytime soon.

You don't see many long standing traditional powers change their unis around all that much. Can you name some that have changed their traditional look lately? Just curious.

Cameron Crazy
10-28-2007, 11:43 AM
The home jerseys are the best. I do not like the road ones.

Matthew328
10-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I'd like to see Gilmer throw down some orange pants with the white jerseys

KTA
10-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Can you name some that have changed their traditional look lately? Just curious.

Miami
North Texas

KTJ
10-28-2007, 12:52 PM
The away unis for UT are called "Stormtrooper White" by the fans and players. I actually love the all white. It was awesome at the Rose Bowl.

Texas' uniforms (home and away) are constantly voted as one of, if not the, top uniforms in the nation. Traditional and subtle. They look nice.

super1
10-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Miami
North Texas

North Texas is a traditional power? LMAO

I know Miami has been monster strong in the past. I thought it was a mistake for them to change their unis, too.

Stownhorse
10-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The away unis for UT are called "Stormtrooper White" by the fans and players. I actually love the all white. It was awesome at the Rose Bowl.

Texas' uniforms (home and away) are constantly voted as one of, if not the, top uniforms in the nation. Traditional and subtle. They look nice.

Where did u get that info from?(the voted part)

KTA
10-28-2007, 01:56 PM
oops I missed that part :D Naw not even close

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-28-2007, 04:56 PM
did it ever occur to anyone else that maybe the white on white is something that will hurt the opponents eyes too? if you cant see, you cant play.

g$$
10-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

He's right. Traditional & simple, just like Bama & Penn State. They won't be changing them. Google it on the web & you will see various articles on uniforms, voting, etc.

Not a lot you can do with burnt orange anyway. FYI: burnt orange became UT's colors after washing mishap many years ago. It was not their original color. I read an interesting article on it by the late Rooster Andrews.