PDA

View Full Version : Aggy/Jayhawks

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Go Jayhawks

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Aggy? wait...wait...lemme react like all of the t-sips do when someone says t.u.

:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Aggy? wait...wait...lemme react like all of the t-sips do when someone says t.u.

:rolleyes: Tulane? :p

McGreedy doing a good job of doing what he does.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Tulane? :p

McGreedy doing a good job of doing what he does. LOL...Tulane. aggy...what's that..you leave the b off of that thing in your pocket thats full of that stuff you're smokin? :p

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 06:40 PM
hahahahaha!

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
3-0 jayhawks

zebrablue2
10-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Go Jayhawks

better known as little texas. over 20 kids from the state on the team. they do look like a top 10 team.

grizz53
10-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I got to give ku the credit shuting down jorvorskie lane is a tough task and they have taken him out of the game. But Fran is a freakin idiot I cant wait till the we fire him and get a real coach.

bigron15
10-27-2007, 09:12 PM
if anyone is to be known as little texas it would be the oklahoma sooners. they something like 120 kids from texas. dont quote me on the number

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by grizz53
I got to give ku the credit shuting down jorvorskie lane is a tough task and they have taken him out of the game. But Fran is a freakin idiot I cant wait till the we fire him and get a real coach. I thought he was the dream coach? Better game day coach than Bob Stoops and better recruiter than Mack Brown?

bigron15
10-27-2007, 09:15 PM
fran was supposed to be the savior and now every aggie fan hates him and wishes that he would leave

OnceABucJr
10-27-2007, 09:16 PM
You are sadly mistaken!

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Those Aggy stands are sure not full :(

Antec
10-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Aggies getting some questional calls as usual at home

that was an interception earlier in the drive and they called it a Aggie reception

OnceABucJr
10-27-2007, 09:25 PM
and the backward pass that Kansas threw and they whistled it dead?

Gobbla2001
10-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
if anyone is to be known as little texas it would be the oklahoma sooners. they something like 120 kids from texas. dont quote me on the number

there aren't even 120 players on the team? ha

last time I counted there were 43 Texans... around 31/32 Oklahoma boys...

grizz53
10-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Fran does get the recruiting he just doesnt know how to motivate a team to play. Plus all the off the field crap that has happened this year. Yea and the backwards pass that was whistled dead was a horrible call.

g$$
10-28-2007, 12:22 AM
I told anyone who would listen that this was Fran's swan song. It could not happen to bigger jerk too. We (I am Class of '94) simply stink - & Fran/staff of yes men must go. It is unacceptable. If we can't dominate & push people around in our outdated offense, then we have no chance. Our passing game is a joke (#111 nationally). Our defense is the bend but don't break mold (#74 nationally & will get worse). We don't attack & impose our will on anyone. Kansas beat us up physically & outcoached us. Their RB had a career night & averaged almost 9 ypc. The score was closer than the game itself truly was.

What bothers me is the lack of hustle at times. Effort on several plays can be questioned. Guys play with no pad level & that is coaching. Our S&C program is in shambles too - we look slow & plodding. McGee has been ruined at A&M as a passer - he looks like David Carr at times in the pocket (happy feet, no pocket presence, eyes not downfield once rushed). It is sad what A&M & Fran have done to that great kid & leader. He could have been so much more. Martellus Bennett is simply playing out the string. His body language says it all.

Stadium looked great, fans were there, & a wonderful night for football on national tv. If we only had a well-coached team to go along with all of that stuff. We will come December, bowl game to be played or not.

I spoke with a guy on the inside I trust Saturday (whom I knew when I worked there). A deal is in place to pay Fran to go away (not full buy-out but enough to avoid legal hassles) after the Texas game. It will happen & hopefully we can salvage our recruiting class (somewhat) & move forward.

That being said, I love my school & what it represents. Bill Byrne must make a quality hire (Tuberville or Sherman I hope). Hey, we are preseason #14 in men's basketball!

g$$
10-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Those Aggy stands are sure not full :(

It was a sell-out I do believe (in fact over 84K).

And, Fran was never my savior. I know way too much about him to like him as a person or coach. Good riddance.

eagles_victory
10-28-2007, 12:27 AM
a&m could very easily lose out but texas is looking pretty bad in their own right so we will see

g$$
10-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Fran does get the recruiting he just doesnt know how to motivate a team to play. Plus all the off the field crap that has happened this year. Yea and the backwards pass that was whistled dead was a horrible call.

Arm going forward, good call, & I'm an Aggie!

Fran has NEVER had a Top 10 recruiting class. Some decent ones, but never elite class. He must go & will soon.

g$$
10-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
a&m could very easily lose out but texas is looking pretty bad in their own right so we will see

Both mediocre football teams, but Texas is just a little better. And I stress a little better. NEB is awful & Texas had their hands full. Not a good year for the state. Even Tech has come down to earth on offense!

OK State will beat Texas in Stillwater. Hold me to that too.

20FAN07
10-28-2007, 12:41 AM
g$$...
I know there have been alot of names that have floated around, ones that people are wishing and all that. One that you rarely hear much of is sherman. I have been hearing his name pretty dominately around the older crowd and a couple knowing people, but we'll never know till the day..

g$$
10-28-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
g$$...
I know there have been alot of names that have floated around, ones that people are wishing and all that. One that you rarely hear much of is sherman. I have been hearing his name pretty dominately around the older crowd and a couple knowing people, but we'll never know till the day..

Mike Sherman will be considered. Good guy as I knew him a little bit when he coached at A&M previously. He went to the playoffs 5/6 years with Green Bay. Strong fundamental coach with lots of ties. I think it comes down to Tuberville & Sherman. But there will be a change no doubt.

bigron15
10-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
there aren't even 120 players on the team? ha

last time I counted there were 43 Texans... around 31/32 Oklahoma boys...

thats y i said "dont quote me on the number" haha i was a little off

grizz53
10-28-2007, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by g$$
[B]Arm going forward, good call, & I'm an Aggie!

It doesnt matter if his arm was going forward if the ball goes backwards its a fumble.

And I didnt say elite I said he gets the recruits. Getting Goodson was a heck of a recruit and that freshman quarterback (whos name I cant remember at the moment) is going to be a heck of a player too. But I agree with you we have to get rid of Fran and I hope your right and we are.

carter08
10-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Every single school can't be a powerhouse.

A&M fans need to settle for 2-4 loss seasons every year. They won't be a power again.

whtfbplaya
10-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Arm going forward, good call, & I'm an Aggie!

I have been looking for the video, but game speed and the one replay I saw clearly showed this as a backward pass and thus a loose ball for either team to recover and advance. The only thing I wanted to see was if the actual ball was tipped.

whtfbplaya
10-28-2007, 12:09 PM

It doesnt matter if his arm was going forward if the ball goes backwards its a fumble.

Actually it is a backwards pass.

grizz53
10-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya

Thats what I meant that it was a backwards pass that should have been ruled a fumble.

20FAN07
10-28-2007, 12:31 PM
carter08...
A&M will return to there ways again, but we all know it wont be within the next yrs. A&M has what it takes to compete in football, they just need a coach. When RC was at the helm he was doing just fine, but he had a yr that wasnt up to par. He had upgrades he wanted to put in but he wasnt getting them, but Fran did. Look at mac brown, he has great system at texas and has won there, but this season is just mediocre. I never wanted to see RC go, but it's history now.....bring on basketball whoop!

BobcatBenny
10-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by carter08

A&M fans need to settle for 2-4 loss seasons every year. They won't be a power again.
Power again? :confused:

g$$
10-28-2007, 08:26 PM

And I didnt say elite I said he gets the recruits. Getting Goodson was a heck of a recruit and that freshman quarterback (whos name I cant remember at the moment) is going to be a heck of a player too. But I agree with you we have to get rid of Fran and I hope your right and we are.

Grizz53, sorry but here's the rule:

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/2006_football_rules.pdf

When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward the
neutral zone, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts the
forward pass. If a Team B player contacts the passer or ball after forward
movement begins and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass
is ruled regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player (A.R.
2-19-2-I).
c. When in question, the ball is passed and not fumbled during an attempted
forward pass.

And, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts the
forward pass. It does not matter where the ball lands if his arm is moving forward. By rule, incomplete pass, period. A&M got whipped & this was not why we lost anyway.

As far as recruits go, yes he has landed some but not enough difference makers. Plus they are poorly coached anyway. We have a long way to go. Change is coming after Texas game.

g$$
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya

Read the rule guys. Arm going forward, incomplete pass by rule. Does not matter where it hits ground or another player if ruled arm going forward (which it was). Not why we lost anyway.

Call was correct.

g$$
10-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by carter08

Carter, one of the dumbest things you have ever posted. The infrastructure, $$, resources, facilities, conference, location, academic reputation of school, etc. are all in place. Look at the parity right now in college football. To say a school is dead forever is simply ludicrous. A&M is regarded as having the best facilities in the country right now. Where we are currently is unacceptable.

It will take the right coach who can recruit, hire a quality staff, & get it done. But to say "never" is stupid. Think before you post.

g$$
10-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
carter08...
A&M will return to there ways again, but we all know it wont be within the next yrs. A&M has what it takes to compete in football, they just need a coach. When RC was at the helm he was doing just fine, but he had a yr that wasnt up to par. He had upgrades he wanted to put in but he wasnt getting them, but Fran did. Look at mac brown, he has great system at texas and has won there, but this season is just mediocre. I never wanted to see RC go, but it's history now.....bring on basketball whoop!

RC told us that we had fallen behind in facilities & academic options for at-risk kids (like every school has). He could not recruit the kids anymore. Guess what, he was right. And now we have made changes & Fran has no excuse.

whtfbplaya
10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
:D :clap:

big daddy russ
10-29-2007, 05:04 AM
First time to post since coming back from the game yesterday, but here are my thoughts:

-It wasn't necessarily bad play-calling that killed the Ags, it was penalties at the wrong time. Those penalties killed several drives and was the reason Kansas had an almost 2-1 advantage in offensive yards at halftime.

-The KU d-linemen were immovable.

-It was hard to tell whether it was because of a lack of effort on A&M's part, if they were really that good, or a little of both, but the KU offensive line looked amazing out there. That QB had no less than five seconds to throw the ball every single time he dropped back. The Ags couldn't even put pressure on the offense with different packages and blitzes. Great pass protection by the Jayhawks. Which leads me into two more thoughts...

-The Ags' secondary has improved by leaps and bounds over the past few years. Kansas boasts one of the best duos of receivers in the Big XII North, the QB had tons of time to throw the ball, and they still had a hard time getting the ball downfield. Great job by the Ag defense.

-I had heard tons of great stuff about the Kansas QB coming into the game, but came away unimpressed. That kid has some of the happiest feet I've ever seen. Also doesn't take the time to square his shoulders and make a throw, and it showed in his accuracy. On top of that, like I've already said twice, he had tons of time and still had problems delivering the ball-- and I'm talking about throws to his tight ends and backs five yards from the LOS, not 30- or 40-yard throws down the field.

-McGee looked great and bad all at the same time. That kid is incredibly gun shy right now. Won't take chances at all, and when he throws it downfield he always puts it too far ahead of his receiver. The DB can't get to it, but neither can McGee's man. But when you watch the way he gets some of his throws into the hands of his running backs, etc, it's hard to understand why he has such a hard time getting the ball to his receivers. The arm strength's there, he's pretty accurate when he doesn't psyche himself out, and he may have the best touch of any Big XII QB since Josh Heupel.

-Hindsight's 20/20, and it's tougher to see the stuff when it's happening, but McGee had Martellus on a jump ball in the back of the endzone last night. Wound up throwing it out of bounds, but like I said, it's much easier to see from the stands than the field.

-Aqib Talib is a stud. Looks even better in real life than on the tube.

-Kerry Franks and the Ag kick return squad did a number on the KU kickoff coverage. There's no doubt that this went into the decision to rekick on the penalty in the fourth quarter.

What else can be said that hasn't already been said? No point in talking about Fran. That's a dead horse. And the guys on the team obviously realize that it's over and done right here.

'Tellus, good luck in the NFL. McGee, maybe A&M will go after Tedford and salvage a possible NFL career. EJ Shankle, I'm sorry that McGee didn't see you, but I did. You're probably still open.

sahen
10-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
EJ Shankle, I'm sorry that McGee didn't see you, but I did. You're probably still open.

HAHAHAHA, i went to the game too, was this the wide out that was wide open several times deep, esp. late in teh game? it looked like the cornerback decided that McGee wasn't gonna throw it to him either so he said forget it I'll just cover someone else.....

big daddy russ
10-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by sahen
HAHAHAHA, i went to the game too, was this the wide out that was wide open several times deep, esp. late in teh game? it looked like the cornerback decided that McGee wasn't gonna throw it to him either so he said forget it I'll just cover someone else.....
LOL. Yup.

g$$
10-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
First time to post since coming back from the game yesterday, but here are my thoughts:

-It wasn't necessarily bad play-calling that killed the Ags, it was penalties at the wrong time. Those penalties killed several drives and was the reason Kansas had an almost 2-1 advantage in offensive yards at halftime.

-The KU d-linemen were immovable.

-It was hard to tell whether it was because of a lack of effort on A&M's part, if they were really that good, or a little of both, but the KU offensive line looked amazing out there. That QB had no less than five seconds to throw the ball every single time he dropped back. The Ags couldn't even put pressure on the offense with different packages and blitzes. Great pass protection by the Jayhawks. Which leads me into two more thoughts...

-The Ags' secondary has improved by leaps and bounds over the past few years. Kansas boasts one of the best duos of receivers in the Big XII North, the QB had tons of time to throw the ball, and they still had a hard time getting the ball downfield. Great job by the Ag defense.

-I had heard tons of great stuff about the Kansas QB coming into the game, but came away unimpressed. That kid has some of the happiest feet I've ever seen. Also doesn't take the time to square his shoulders and make a throw, and it showed in his accuracy. On top of that, like I've already said twice, he had tons of time and still had problems delivering the ball-- and I'm talking about throws to his tight ends and backs five yards from the LOS, not 30- or 40-yard throws down the field.

-McGee looked great and bad all at the same time. That kid is incredibly gun shy right now. Won't take chances at all, and when he throws it downfield he always puts it too far ahead of his receiver. The DB can't get to it, but neither can McGee's man. But when you watch the way he gets some of his throws into the hands of his running backs, etc, it's hard to understand why he has such a hard time getting the ball to his receivers. The arm strength's there, he's pretty accurate when he doesn't psyche himself out, and he may have the best touch of any Big XII QB since Josh Heupel.

-Hindsight's 20/20, and it's tougher to see the stuff when it's happening, but McGee had Martellus on a jump ball in the back of the endzone last night. Wound up throwing it out of bounds, but like I said, it's much easier to see from the stands than the field.

-Aqib Talib is a stud. Looks even better in real life than on the tube.

-Kerry Franks and the Ag kick return squad did a number on the KU kickoff coverage. There's no doubt that this went into the decision to rekick on the penalty in the fourth quarter.

What else can be said that hasn't already been said? No point in talking about Fran. That's a dead horse. And the guys on the team obviously realize that it's over and done right here.

'Tellus, good luck in the NFL. McGee, maybe A&M will go after Tedford and salvage a possible NFL career. EJ Shankle, I'm sorry that McGee didn't see you, but I did. You're probably still open.

Great post Russ. Your thoughts on McGee sum up how A&M & Fran have ruined a promising career. You saw him in hs just like I did, & he is a different player now, & has regressed as a passer. That is coaching. He is afraid to make a mistake.

Changes are coming!