PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia -vs- Sealy

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 02:10 PM
West Columbia is coming off of a loss to Needville and Sealy has been hit or miss but overall has be a bit of a suprise here in D24 so far this year. This game will have playoff implications. I think Columbia will come out hard and fast and make this one closer than some would think. My heart is telling me to pick Columbia in the upset, but my head is saying that Mitchell will have Sealy ready for the challenge

Sealy 31
WC 28

itmtex
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
If 24-3A goes on positive points (Max 18) for the tiebreaker (as stated by someone in an earlier thread) this is a must win for Sealy. Assuming 24-3A by-laws are the same as other places the positive points would only be used until you get down to two teams and then the tiebreaker would revert back to head to head. Anyway...

Needville isn't going to lose versus Stafford & Wharton and Columbia will handle Royal. With that scenario in play and a three way tie at the end for two spots, assuming Columbus wins out and is DC, Needville would go in on positive points, thanks to their blowout of Columbia, and Columbia would go in on the head to head.

With a Sealy loss this week and the rest as discussed final standings would be...

Columbus 7-1 (DC)
Needville 5-2 (18 positive points from blowout over Columbia) (2nd)
Columbia 5-2 (However many possible positive points from win over Sealy this week, even if they were to win by a ton and get 18 Needville breaks the positive points tie with the head to head win)
Sealy 5-2 (3 positive points from win over Needville)

And if the district allows negative points to come into play then Needville still ends with 15 positive points (-3 from Sealy loss), Columbia ends up with no more than 0 (-18 from Needville loss), and Sealy ends up with no more than 2 (if they lose to Columbia they have to lose by at least 1)

You could also throw a Columbus loss in the mix and create a 4-way tie for three spots but it still does Sealy no good as Columbus would still get the district championship by virtue of head to head wins over the other three leaving the positive points scenario in play for the remaining three teams just as outlined above.

(If the 24-3A tiebreaker is something else please post!)

raider red 2000
10-28-2007, 09:31 AM
if 2 way tie- head to head.
if 3 way tie- positive points....no negative points....i think 18 is the cap.

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 07:37 PM
GOOD LUCK SEALY!!!

JDOG
10-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Sealy 28
WC 17

I believe Sealy's speed will win.

Tiger Turtle
10-29-2007, 07:32 AM
This season seems to be one of unending surprises. That being said, WC's string of district invulnerability has been ended, so this game seems to be a tossup at best. Sealy has been on a surprising run, Coach Mitchell & his crew has them playing at a level beyond what was expected. WC has been inconsistent, probably due to early injuries. I wouldn't bet the farm either way.

themsu97
10-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Panch's fatness overcomes the Sealy pride... they stare constantly as he stands on the sideline in his cape and thong... Necks win