PDA

View Full Version : For People Who Save Seats For Big Ball Games...

Milk That Cow
10-27-2007, 01:50 PM
There Ought To Be A Law Against It...

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 01:52 PM
LOL..amen!! Unless its s situation where you have tickets for said seats, it should be a capitol offense! :mad:

gobbler grad
10-27-2007, 01:52 PM
then you need to get there early...:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
then you need to get there early...:rolleyes: LOL...no..the people that are having others hold seats for them need to get there early...therefore no seat holding and no problem. :p

Cameron Crazy
10-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Season ticket holders have the easy way. It's the only way to go.

gobbler grad
10-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I get there early and sit where I wanna and my wife wants to save seats for others...tough $$$$! they should get there same time and wouldn't have to save any...:thinking: not always a good thing...

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I get there early and sit where I wanna and my wife wants to save seats for others...tough $$$$! they should get there same time and wouldn't have to save any...:thinking: not always a good thing... yeah...youre right....THOUGH MONEY!! they should get there early! :D

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Last night in Snyder, I was pre warned that there would be Snyder fans sitting on the visitor side as their side sold out....I had no problem with that.

But.....looking out over the field, they had PLENTY of empty seating to accomodate the few fans that were sitting with us.

The majority of them were fine....one big fat slob, in particular, was noisy and obnoxious, he was sitting alone (I figured he probably didn't have any friends on the other side either). He sat about midway up on the 50 yard line, right in the middle of the densest Greenwood crowd and proceeded to talk crap about our players.....I guess some of the dads had finally had enough of his mouth, about midway through the 2nd quarter, he disappeared!!:p

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Last night in Snyder, I was pre warned that there would be Snyder fans sitting on the visitor side as their side sold out....I had no problem with that.

But.....looking out over the field, they had PLENTY of empty seating to accomodate the few fans that were sitting with us.

The majority of them were fine....one big fat slob, in particular, was noisy and obnoxious, he was sitting alone (I figured he probably didn't have any friends on the other side either). He sat about midway up on the 50 yard line, right in the middle of the densest Greenwood crowd and proceeded to talk crap about our players.....I guess some of the dads had finally had enough of his mouth, about midway through the 2nd quarter, he disappeared!!:p "Why would I want to grow some?? I have always thought they were ugly anyway!" LMAO!!! you're almost certainly talking about cabbage right? right? :evillol:

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
"Why would I want to grow some?? I have always thought they were ugly anyway!" LMAO!!! you're almost certainly talking about cabbage right? right? :evillol:

Of course I am!!;)

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Of course I am!!;) thats too funny...I read it and started laughing out loud.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
thats too funny...I read it and started laughing out loud.

I am here to amuse!!:D

There is actually a story behind it. Some joker decided to get on another board and critique the mods and admins here.

Evidently, I am level headed but tend to go with flow....so therefore I am a wimp who needs to "grow some" and stand my ground, or something to that effect.

Hence....my new sig!!:p

rockdale80
10-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I have no problem with saving seats as long as other seats are available, but if it comes down to me not having a seat or sitting in someone's saved seat, what do you think I am going to do? I know its not the nicest move in the world, but if I pay money to enter and come early I have just as much right to them as someone that isnt there. Now there are exceptions, but not many.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I have no problem with saving seats as long as other seats are available, but if it comes down to me not having a seat or sitting in someone's saved seat, what do you think I am going to do? I know its not the nicest move in the world, but if I pay money to enter and come early I have just as much right to them as someone that isnt there. Now there are exceptions, but not many.

I have a question for you! What about someone that spreads a blanket out and has 4 people sitting on it. At halftime they all get up and go to the concession stand and/or the bathroom and when they get back, someone has shoved their blanket to one side and took their seat??

rockdale80
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I have a question for you! What about someone that spreads a blanket out and has 4 people sitting on it. At halftime they all get up and go to the concession stand and/or the bathroom and when they get back, someone has shoved their blanket to one side and took their seat??

That is different. They were all already there. I would never do that. But if they arent at the stadium and saving seats for others, then I am not standing so someone else can take their time getting there. They can do what I do, and that is leave early enough to find a seat.

Unless it was yours....then I would grind my feet in the blanket and not move. ;)

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 02:47 PM

Unless it was yours....then I would grind my feet in the blanket and not move. ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:(

rockdale80
10-27-2007, 02:49 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:(

:p

KTA
10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Southlake fans are the ABSOLUTE WORST about doing this :mad:

rockdale80
10-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by KTA

Then I guess they would be pissed at me....

Doesnt bother me at all to take over a seat that noone is sitting in yet. :D

KTA
10-27-2007, 02:54 PM
we're going to have to attend a Southlake game together :evillol: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
We played somewhere one year and there was a sign on the entry gate that said:

All seats are first come - first serve.

The saving of seats is prohibited!

rockdale80
10-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by KTA
we're going to have to attend a Southlake game together :evillol: :thumbsup:

The only way they are safe is if its for out of town family, elderly, or pregnant women. Other than that if I take over, I am not moving. Come earlier next time.

DU_stud04
10-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I have a question for you! What about someone that spreads a blanket out and has 4 people sitting on it. At halftime they all get up and go to the concession stand and/or the bathroom and when they get back, someone has shoved their blanket to one side and took their seat?? not me....i would take the blanket and then go sit on the other side....i mean, come on...free blanket!!!

KTA
10-27-2007, 03:05 PM
thats ghetto:D

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by KTA
thats ghetto:D

You obviously haven't met DU_Stud!!

J/K Reuben!!:kiss:

pirate4state
10-27-2007, 07:12 PM
hahaha we saved seats for Mark & Rueben last night :D

rockdale80
10-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahaha we saved seats for Mark & Rueben last night :D

I wish I would have been there to steal their seats.....;)

charlesrixey
10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I get there early and sit where I wanna and my wife wants to save seats for others...tough $$$$! they should get there same time and wouldn't have to save any...:thinking: not always a good thing...

amen!

X Man
10-27-2007, 10:42 PM
If someone has a ticket for a specific seat, then so be it. If you you let someone take your seat, that is specified on your ticket, you deserve to lose it.

Milk That Cow
10-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Then I guess they would be pissed at me....

Doesnt bother me at all to take over a seat that noone is sitting in yet. :D

So, do you just sit down?

OR

Do you ask if the seat is taken...

AND

What do you say when they say, "I'm saving that seat for ...."

mwynn05
10-27-2007, 11:25 PM
hahaha we saved seats for Mark & Rueben last night :D yeah we were buying giddings shirts lol

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
yeah we were buying giddings shirts lol

lol yeah and securing premium parking!

rockdale80
10-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
So, do you just sit down?

OR

Do you ask if the seat is taken...

AND

What do you say when they say, "I'm saving that seat for ...."

Just depends on who they are saving them for.

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Just depends on who they are saving them for.

haha i've had people get pissed at me for saving seats and i just tell them to take a walk - i was there FIRST and i can do what i want in general admission. i have a feeling - security would be called on us if you tried to sit in a seat i was saving.
:D

rockdale80
10-28-2007, 12:36 AM
haha i've had people get pissed at me for saving seats and i just tell them to take a walk - i was there FIRST and i can do what i want in general admission. i have a feeling - security would be called on us if you tried to sit in a seat i was saving.

Well....guess you better call security. :D

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Well....guess you better call security. :D

got 'em on speed dial :cool:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2007, 12:45 AM
:D there has been plenty of room this year that seats can be saved.

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
there has been plenty of room this year that seats can be saved. i have reserved seating

rundoe
10-28-2007, 01:14 AM

Wrong.

WE save seats at LH all the time. It's just get someone there first. Stealing seats while someone is gone is just wrong. Move my blanket while I am gone and we might have a problem.

sotex
10-28-2007, 12:53 PM
All seats on the home side of Hondo's Barry Field are numbered and ticketed, therefore no saving of seats. Eliminates confrontations and the need for security to get involved. Now on road trips, get there early and get your own damn seat!

Emerson1
11-10-2007, 04:02 PM
There should also be a law against showing up over halfway through the first quarter, and trying to find a seat in a packed stadium inside the 40s while blocking everyones view.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
There should also be a law against showing up over halfway through the first quarter, and trying to find a seat in a packed stadium inside the 40s while blocking everyones view.
Just to add to that thought...."and looking shocked that there's no place to sit". :rolleyes: :doh:

BullsFan
11-10-2007, 11:23 PM
We actually pulled the "showing up partway through the first quarter" thing at our last away game, but in our defense, slpy's middle child had pulled a disappearing act on us just when we were ready to leave for the game. It caused us quite a delay--and not a few heart grey hairs/heart attacks/etc. as well.

As to saving seats, I helped do that when Bridgeport played Decatur. We knew a huge B'port crowd was heading that way, and it's just not possible for the whole family to go over there that early and wait when there are three small children to contend with. But we only saved for our own family (and not for everyone and their dog, as some did), and we waited there the entire time. I don't see a problem with that.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-10-2007, 11:27 PM

I feel exactly the same way.

kepdawg
11-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by KTA

No they aren't

Celina fans are

Just try to get a seat on Celina's side in Pilot Point

DDBooger
11-11-2007, 12:56 AM
what you do to people who save seats for more than 10 people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCaEGp9-rro

redfish961
11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
For those that like to save seats, especially 4 or more, better hope I don't show up, because you won't have to worry about saving them.

It's GENERAL ADMISSION, which translates into, my rear end is just as important as yours.

After 7 years of dealing with this selfish BS, I've adopted a new policy as of 2 years ago. Spread your multitudes of blankets out, put your purse, hat or whatever other object you think makes that a RESERVED seat and be prepared to show me your ticket.

When you whip that GA ticket out, my rear end sits down.

I've been waiting for the one to oppose me, because I've got 7 years of pent up frustration to take out on someone. So far no luck. Maybe you're the one.

If you want to reserve a seat, then get your butt in it, period.

DDBooger
11-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by redfish961
For those that like to save seats, especially 4 or more, better hope I don't show up, because you won't have to worry about saving them.

It's GENERAL ADMISSION, which translates into, my rear end is just as important as yours.

After 7 years of dealing with this selfish BS, I've adopted a new policy as of 2 years ago. Spread your multitudes of blankets out, put your purse, hat or whatever other object you think makes that a RESERVED seat and be prepared to show me your ticket.

When you whip that GA ticket out, my rear end sits down.

I've been waiting for the one to oppose me, because I've got 7 years of pent up frustration to take out on someone. So far no luck. Maybe you're the one.

If you want to reserve a seat, then get your butt in it, period. im adopting your mission statement! :mad:

crazy
11-11-2007, 01:15 PM
What aggravates me is, I get there early with my running buddy, we don't save seats for anybody and people come in crowding us out. Then they ask US to move down so they can fit more of their friends and family in. HEY! WE WERE THERE FIRST!!!!! I don't move for anybody, but I get ticked off when someone comes in and crowds around me when there is plenty of seating left in the stadium. They keep crowding and keep crowding until you just get ticked off and move anyway. That aggravates me more than other people saving seats. I get there early and STILL have to contend with rude people.