PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska vs Texas

Cameron Crazy
10-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Who wins this one?

Nebraska isn't to good on D.

Texas has to step up the secondary or they will not do to well.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Agreed....on paper Texas is better and SHOULD win this game...but if Neb...or even more specific Keller can get in a groove and exploit the Texas secondary, that might spell trouble for the Horns. Keller has the goods to make it happen. If the Horns tighten up some, it should be smooth sailing for Texas.

bigron15
10-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Nebraska isnt good at all. if texas doesnt beat them then they dont deserve a bowl game. I see texas winning BIG. and i am not a texas fan either. they only have keller and purify(sp?)

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
Nebraska isnt good at all. if texas doesnt beat them then they dont deserve a bowl game. I see texas winning BIG. and i am not a texas fan either. they only have keller and purify(sp?)

Yeah I pretty much agree with that.

JR2004
10-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Well it's good to see that Greg Davis and his horizontal passing game are still going strong early in this one. :rolleyes:

KTA
10-27-2007, 02:52 PM
What channel is it on?

KTA
10-27-2007, 02:52 PM
nm, abc :D

Antec
10-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Who is that team wearing Burnt Orange?

Can't be the Longhorns

Some players getting ready for Halloween

Horns playing without any intensity and ju st going through the motions.

No leader ship also

JR2004
10-27-2007, 04:59 PM
If this holds up, this will be the most embarrassing loss as well as worst offensive performance of the Greg Davis era. If you can't put at least 40 on Nebraska at home you don't deserve to be calling the plays for a Pop Warner team.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:05 PM
LOL...you people need to stop blaming Davis....its a NUMBER of things...begining w/ McCoy. The kid is/was WAY over-hyped last year ...who was it that said he"destroyed defenses last year early until he got hurt"? If you go back and look..those Ds he "destroyed" were North Texas, Texas State, SHSU, etc. His only quality win was against a sputtering OU team early in the season before they got rolling. The kid has NEVER impressed me, especially w/ his leadership. THEN there's the horrible secondary. I said it before the game started...give someone like Keller a chance and he'd pick it apart. So lets get off the "lets bash Davis" ban wagon. He's only a fraction of the problem in Austin.

JR2004
10-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Let's not. The further away UT gets from Vince the more folks see how little Davis had to do with that two year run. 10 years of that guy is long enough.

It wouldn't matter if it's Colt, Chiles or anyone else on the roster playing QB. When your OC is as bad as he is you're pretty much screwed.

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:17 PM
I haven't seen the whole game I just woke up but what has been the problem?

injuredinmelee
10-27-2007, 05:17 PM
there is no imagination tot he playcalling whatsoever. I can sit here ont he couch and tell you what the play is. There is no sense of urgency amongst the coaching staff or players. Its makign me sick to my stomach to watch. I had to shut it off.

GREG DAVIS IS THE WORST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR INT HE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I haven't seen the whole game I just woke up but what has been the problem? Texas is sleepwalking and Neb. is completely taking advantage of it.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
there is no imagination tot he playcalling whatsoever. I can sit here ont he couch and tell you what the play is. There is no sense of urgency amongst the coaching staff or players. Its makign me sick to my stomach to watch. I had to shut it off.

GREG DAVIS IS THE WORST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR INT HE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. crap...I don't wanna hear it...how bout Fran and his genius.....2nd and goal...Lane on the sidelines...lets throw a dump to the sideline...fail..repeat. Stop crying...no..just stop...seriously. :D

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:21 PM
IMO it all starts with the headcoach

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:23 PM
IMO it all starts with the headcoach NOOOW you're onto something. Never been impressed w/ Brown as a coach either....hes a great recruiter and promoter.....but....

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Same...

KTA
10-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL...you people need to stop blaming Davis....its a NUMBER of things...begining w/ McCoy. The kid is/was WAY over-hyped last year ...who was it that said he"destroyed defenses last year early until he got hurt"? If you go back and look..those Ds he "destroyed" were North Texas, Texas State, SHSU, etc. His only quality win was against a sputtering OU team early in the season before they got rolling. The kid has NEVER impressed me, especially w/ his leadership. THEN there's the horrible secondary. I said it before the game started...give someone like Keller a chance and he'd pick it apart. So lets get off the "lets bash Davis" ban wagon. He's only a fraction of the problem in Austin.

Be prepared to be BASHED:(

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Be prepared to be BASHED:( You should be bashed for saying he should be bashed :D

KTA
10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
You should be bashed for saying he should be bashed :D

I didnt say he should be bashed.....I agree with him

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:30 PM
ah...let em bash..I'm just expressing what I myself have taken from watching Colt and the Horns over the lasts two seasons. It's my take..and nothing else. So the bashers can kiss my grits! :D

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:32 PM
McCoy is hurt :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:32 PM
did the announcer just say something about Phyllis Diller? LMAO!!!

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:33 PM
McCoy is hurt :rolleyes: dude..come on...you know as well as I do anytime UT is down to a team theyre not supposed to be down to...McCoy goes down and later the UT nation blames the loss on that fact reguardless if it had any real significance on the outcome or not. Haven't you been paying attention? :D

Old Tiger
Look what the zone read offense does to the run game, marvelous! Instead of 7 flowing to the ball there was only 3 or 4

KTA
you see how Chiles opens up the running game?

Aesculus gilmus
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
What's sad is that Davis and Brown are so tight. They've been coaching together a long time and are like brothers.

So since Mack is going nowhere under his long-term contract, neither is Davis. He is OC/QB coach for life.

Recall that before Vince made everyone forget how miserable GD's play-calling had been, there was a mob of people calling on Brown to cut him loose about five years ago and he stood firm because, as I say, it's like the two are one flesh (not implying anything other than brotherly love here).

My hope is that Brown is thinking of retiring, but I'm sure a lot of people in State College, Pa., have harbored that same hope about Joe Paterno since about 1985.

Antec
10-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Now officials have lost focus of the game and sleep walking

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Now officials have lost focus of the game and sleep walking LOL...what the hell are they pumpin into that stadium?! everyone is sleepwalking!

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
colt almost got his head ripped off.

JR2004
10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Wonderful blitz pickup right there.

KTA
10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Like the announcer said, McCoy should of seen him coming

JR2004
10-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Anyone else notice how much better the LB corps looks when we put the 3 best ones out there and not the three guys who should be playing for Sam Houston?

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I've been noticing but Mack is an idiot and prefers "experience"

JR2004
10-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Like the announcer said, McCoy should of seen him coming

I'll give you this, you never, ever miss an opportunity.

KTA
10-27-2007, 05:51 PM
:D :p

KTA
10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
impressive run by JC

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Why not put John Chiles in the game for that 2 point conversion

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Texas is gonna do what they've become pretty good at doing lately...pull out a late squeeker win against a team they should have dismantled. :doh:

KTA
10-27-2007, 05:56 PM
cause they dont want him to out shine Colt in any way form or fashion

JR2004
10-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Dear Duane,

Never take me off the field for ANY reason.

Sincerely,

Sergio

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Dear Duane,

Never take me off the field for ANY reason.

Sincerely,

Sergio You should add Muckelroy and Norton on that sincerely list.

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 06:07 PM
JC is running in this game like he should have been all year

JR2004
10-27-2007, 06:09 PM
All or nothing call there by the Nebraska D. It failed. Texas wins an ugly one.

g$$
10-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Anyone else notice how much better the LB corps looks when we put the 3 best ones out there and not the three guys who should be playing for Sam Houston?

Yes, I did. LBs Kindle, Muckleroy, & Norton played well for Texas.

A&M & Texas are both mediocre football teams, but Texas is just a little better. And I stress a little better. NEB is awful & Texas had their hands full. Not a good year for the state. Even Tech has come down to earth on offense lately once they played better teams.

OK State will beat Texas in Stillwater. Hold me to that one too.

And the day after Thanksgiving will be the adios Fran game. Texas should win a blah game. Then we (Ags) can hire a new coach. Again.

IHStangFan
10-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes, I did. LBs Kindle, Muckleroy, & Norton played well for Texas.

A&M & Texas are both mediocre football teams, but Texas is just a little better. And I stress a little better. NEB is awful & Texas had their hands full. Not a good year for the state. Even Tech has come down to earth on offense lately once they played better teams.

OK State will beat Texas in Stillwater. Hold me to that one too.

And the day after Thanksgiving will be the adios Fran game. Texas should win a blah game. Then we (Ags) can hire a new coach. Again. I sure as heck hope so. Rumor mill a few weeks ago was that he was gone after this one...guess that isn't the case. I've got alot of family that grad from and are still in school up there.....me...no I went military instead....but I'm an honorary Aggie by family involvement :D

Phil C
10-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Nebraska came ready to play and were fighting adversity. It should have been obvious that if they had any respect for their coach that the team would be ready to play their best game of the year. But Jamal Charles came through and how! What a man!