PDA

View Full Version : prayers needed

sotex
10-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Hondo rb Jose Robles was rushed to the hospital then airlifted to San Antonio for surgery after the game Friday night. He had a seizure in the locker room following the game.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hear that....prayers going out!

Keep us informed!

pirate4state
10-27-2007, 10:55 AM
:( :( :(

Does he have a history of having seizures or was this due to something happened in the game? Poor guy. I hope he is alright. Keep us posted.

sotex
10-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm not entirely sure of his complete medical history but I do know he had concussions before. Jose played one heck of a game Friday putting up over 400 yds of total offense and 5 tds. He appeared to be fine until the last drive when Hondo was trying to run out the clock. After his last carry he stumbled off the field and was visibly shaken. He walked to the locker room with the trainer after the game was over, then fainted and had a seizure. He had surgery at 1:00 AM on Saturday to relieve pressure on his brain. He woke up at about noon and wanted to get up but was restrained. Jose was put into a drug induced coma yesterday afternoon to allow the swelling in his brain to subside.
Prayers are greatly appreciated.

Cameron Crazy
10-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Hope everything is alright.

Prayers from Graham

KTA
10-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Hope everything is alright.

Prayers from Graham

Double that...my prayers are with him and his family

bobcat1
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM
My prayers are included with these others.

LHMom
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh wow... I'm definitely praying for the young man and his family. We all love this game so much and know there are risks but can't imagine such a tragedy. God Bless.

Boosty_Hondo
10-28-2007, 02:03 PM
hey sotex u have anymore info on his condition???

rcbulldog34
10-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Prayers from Royse City

gtown
10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Prayers from Gonzales.
Any word on his condition?

deer spotter
10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by sotex
Hondo rb Jose Robles was rushed to the hospital then airlifted to San Antonio for surgery after the game Friday night. He had a seizure in the locker room following the game.

Very critical for him and very very stressful for the family. We will hit our knees for him,his family and a safe speedy total recovery. Hug your kids every day and tell them how you love them. They may not be there this evening when you get home.
Deer Spotter

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Prayers that he recovers and for strength for the family during this time.

Old Green
10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Prayers go out to Jose and his family.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I found this on SASports.com by "gordo"

A high school football player is in critical condition after he collapsed leaving the field during Friday night's game. The 16-year-old is in the intensive care unit at University Hospital.

The teen's family says they are getting a lot of support from everyone from teammates to cross country runners, even fans of the Hondo football team who don't have kids at the school.

They say Jose Robles made a real impact on everyone. He was born on Super Bowl Sunday and his family says Jose Robles was born to play football.

"That's what he wanted," said his uncle, Raul Ytuarte.

And last night was no exception.

"He did good, one of his best," said Danny Rios, Jose's best friend.

Jose joined the 400 club with more than 300 rushing yards and another 99 yards receiving. But after the game, his family noticed something was wrong.

"We notice that he was walking kind of gingerly, kind of funny," said Ytuarte.

He told his family he would be find and went into the field house to change before the victory dinner.

"When he got in the field house he went to the doctor and told him he didn't feel right," said Ytuarte.

Jose fell to the ground in seizures. He was rushed to Medina Community Hospital, then flown to University Hospital in San Antonio. Family and friends weren't far behind.

"We all, we all love him," said Rios.

After 45 minutes of surgery, a blood clot was removed from his brain.

Now family and friends say they have each other to lean on, as they wait for the Super Bowl boy to get better.

The doctors say these next three days will be the most critical, but the family is hopeful that Jose will get better.

The link (http://www.sasports.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=8129&sid=eb02d4d668c04a0deb095f9657f6e536)

luvhoops34
10-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Wow! poor kid!

Prayers from me to Jose. Keep us posted, please. He sounds like a real trooper.

Darren
10-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Prayers Sent.

sotex
10-29-2007, 08:47 PM
From what I am hearing he is doing a little better, but he is still on a breathing apparatus. The doctors hope to take him off of it tomorrow. he is still in a coma. He responds when he hears a familiar voice. I'll be out of town the next few days. Will update when I get back.

KTA
10-29-2007, 09:04 PM
keep us updated!!!

Side note, will he ever be able to play football again? I know Tedy Bruschi had something similar happen...please dont try to bash me for asking. I know he needs to make it through this stage of his life first...and with the power of god I hope he does. I was just curious if anybody else with this type of situation has ever recovered to play again.

sotex
10-29-2007, 09:09 PM
I seriously doubt he will ever play football again, even though he is only a junior and would still have another year of eligibilty. He has a history of concussions and I'm pretty sure his football days are over.

KTA
10-29-2007, 09:21 PM
poor kid...I still wish him and his family the best through their tough times ahead. Hope everything works out for the best

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Prayers for the young man continue. I watch our young men play all the time and
football is a violent sport. I never want to see anyone injured but struggle with my reaction to those super hits like everyone else. Sometimes makes me wonder if we can keep this game safe enough. My boy plays Pee Wee and some of those hits even at that level are unbelievable. My prayers for this young man and all who play the game will never change. May all who hit the field playing a game I love be safe and uninjured and whole.

zebrablue2
10-29-2007, 09:34 PM
prayers from bellville--- sent...

wtxfootball08
10-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Prayers from Clyde!

footballgal
10-30-2007, 09:03 PM
More Prayers for Robles and his family enduring difficult times.

"And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people that are dwelling in [the land] ..." Isaiah 33:24