PDA

View Full Version : Projected 3A Division I and II Playoff Brackets after Week 8

WOS87
10-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Once again, this is just my own take on most likely qualifiers for the upcoming playoffs. Quite a few of the districts look like they will come down to a single game to determine the 3rd playoff spot, and many of those games are toss-ups so I can pretty much guarantee there will be many differences between these brackets and the actual ones that come out two weeks from now.

2007 3A Division I Playoff Projection

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/20073a19.gif

2007 3A Division II Playoff Projection

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/20073a2a9.gif

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/20073a2b9.gif

sabre1
10-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Man that is pretty impressive that you were able to do this.

Panther One
10-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I can't wait for the end of season debates over who is better...the DI or DII champion, especially if they both end up undefeated.

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Borger is currently 1-7 and still projected to make the play-offs?!:eek:

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Borger is currently 1-7 and still projected to make the play-offs?!:eek: pathetic....meanwhile you have teams like Needville last year who went 7-3 in a pretty tough district and had to stay home.....again...pathetic.

Rattlesnake_08
10-27-2007, 03:44 PM
It look like as long as Navasota and Liberty Hill keep on keepin' on, then they ought to be the favorites in the playoffs for Region III.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 03:59 PM
A couple of things that jump out at me...

A potential Royce City -vs- Gilmer matchup in the quarters would be awesome!

Navasota should not overlook a Needville as D24 usually "upsets" the "better" D23 team as of late more times than not.

I'd LOVE to see a Needville -vs- Ingleside matchup in the semis...highly unlikely BOTH teams I follow will make it though..Needville has a tough road..I'd say considerably tougher than Ingleside's road.....but it'd be nice!

Div II Reg III looks LOADED! i.e. : WOS, Waco La Vega, Madisonville, Giddings, China Spring, Diboll, etc. etc. This will more than likely be the most exciting bracket to watch play out.

I am gonna LOVE it if it ends up being a WOS/Giddings matchup in the 2nd round.

We're poised for a Cuero/Port Isabel matchup in the second round...so we'll get to see what PI and Nunez are made of even though Cuero is a young team this year, it'll be PI's first real test.

What will Rio Hondo be able to do once the come north of Corpus..I'll be curiously awaiting the outcome. Are they that good or has their sched. been a cakewalk when compared to the rest of the state?

WOS87
10-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
A couple of things that jump out at me...

Div II Reg III looks LOADED! i.e. : WOS, Waco La Vega, Madisonville, Giddings, China Spring, Diboll, etc. etc. This will more than likely be the most exciting bracket to watch play out.

There are 14 teams with 1 one loss or less in the Division II bracket. 9 of them are in Region III :hairpunk:

We're poised for a Cuero/Port Isabel matchup in the second round...so we'll get to see what PI and Nunez are made of even though Cuero is a young team this year, it'll be PI's first real test.

What will Rio Hondo be able to do once they come north of Corpus..I'll be curiously awaiting the outcome. Are they that good or has their sched. been a cakewalk when compared to the rest of the state?

If Port Isabel beats Rio Hondo, like they did last year, then it will likely be Rio Hondo up against Cuero in the 2nd round.... also like last year.

In regards to 1-7 Borger being projected to make the playoffs, it's going to come down to the winner of the (1-7) Borger vs. (2-6) Perryton game getting the 3rd spot in 5-3A.... and it could go either way, but I went with Borger as they've lost to three 4A teams and beaten one 4A team, whereas Perryton has lost to three 2A teams...

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
There are 14 teams with 1 one loss or less in the Division II bracket. 9 of them are in Region III :hairpunk:

Yup...should be awesome to watch!!

If Port Isabel beats Rio Hondo, like they did last year, then it will likely be Rio Hondo up against Cuero in the 2nd round.... also like last year.

It is my personal belief that Rio Hondo will beat PI and sentence them to doom at the hands of Cuero.

In regards to 1-7 Borger being projected to make the playoffs, it's going to come down to the winner of the (1-7) Borger vs. (2-6) Perryton game getting the 3rd spot in 5-3A.... and it could go either way, but I went with Borger as they've lost to three 4A teams and beaten one 4A team, whereas Perryton has lost to three 2A teams

Very logical, and I agree

Johnny 5
10-27-2007, 06:06 PM
RH will not lose to PI

Rattlesnake_08
10-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I doubt Navasota will over look anyone...After the Smithville game it really puts in perspective how valuable each victory is.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
I doubt Navasota will over look anyone...After the Smithville game it really puts in perspective how valuable each victory is. just saying that I've seen in a few places now a few folks talking about how deep Navasota is going this year. To me that seems like they are overlooking a few people. Just my perspective though.

nfcfan
10-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
RH will not lose to PI

Actually, they will. :p

Looks like PI will get a rematch with West Oso in the 2nd round. ;)

charlesrixey
10-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Reg I and II D-II have only one truly elite team: Celina

i honestly don't see a team in the top half that can come within 10 of celina, other than maybe Graham or Vernon

footballgal
10-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by nfcfan
Actually, they will. :p

Looks like PI will get a rematch with West Oso in the 2nd round. ;)

+1

Johnny 5
10-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
+1

:D

footballgal
10-27-2007, 11:07 PM
A positive 1 and a positive 1 = a positive 2, not a negative 2. You still don't know how to add. :D

BILLYFRED0000
10-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Reg I and II D-II have only one truly elite team: Celina

i honestly don't see a team in the top half that can come within 10 of celina, other than maybe Graham or Vernon

It is a little early yet. And we will probably get Van or Pittsburg for the region semi's if it goes the way it looks. Right now tho Graham is probably the toughest matchup.
Graham has played good D and they are averaging 29 points a game on O. But the only solid D they have played is Clyde and they only got 12 on them. Celina will not be solid. They are still the immovable brick wall. Better than last years d and that was good enough to get to the finals. The O is averaging 44 a game against 3a opponents and has been scored on what 4 times for a 4 point per game average. I believe we are averaging against those same 3a opponents something like 95 yards a game total offense. And alot of that is against the full second team D. I mean when we get ahead we pull all the starters out and place a full second team in both on O and D and we still stop them and score.

WOS87
10-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Useless trivia fact for the day:

If the actual brackets turn out similar to the ones above, Palacios will enter the postseason with the longest playoff game winning streak out of any other team in the Division II bracket.... 5 wins in a row....

They won the 1964 2A State Title and have not played a single playoff game since....

State_In_08
10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
just saying that I've seen in a few places now a few folks talking about how deep Navasota is going this year. To me that seems like they are overlooking a few people. Just my perspective though.

After the Smithville game, the guys have learned a valuable lesson... 1 game at a time. I think they kind of got caught up looking ahead to the game vs. Caldwell and let Smithville slip up on them in the first half. All that was put to rest in the second half though.

I assure the Rattlers will not look further ahead into the playoffs... the main goal of this years team was to be better than the 2004 Rattler team that went 8-2 and was maybe a state championship contender until being upset by Caldwell in the first round. I can tell you from personal knowledge that all the Rattlers are worried about at the moment is beating Caldwell, then La Grange, then taking care of business in the first round to complete the goal. After that, everything is a bonus and it just goes game by game. They're also motivated by the fact that some of the Class of '05 who were part of that 8-2 team seem to think that their good couple of years is what built the new Rattler Stadium. I think they are more than wrong, and the Rattlers have proven that this year.

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2007, 08:18 PM
If d1 falls out like this it looks a lot like Gilmer vs LH. Now that is a game I would pay to see. Maybe I will get a chance to see that one.

sweetwater07
10-29-2007, 08:25 PM
where would Sweetwater and Bridgeport play??

Tarleton??

SpeedOption
10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Mabank 3-5 and Athens 4-4 are a combined 7-9. That will be a good game. Maybe they can flip home and home.