PDA

View Full Version : giddings v. caldwell

DU_stud04
10-27-2007, 04:18 AM
decent game by two decent teams. Giddings isn't the best team in the state and imo defiantly aren't #1. long drive to this game(for me, grant, kep, mwynn, and rita at least), lots of fans showed up for this one, even saw some tailgating.

problems i see with caldwell: running out of goalline 75% of the time, run motiion side 98% of the time, never was suprised by a play they called, very predicatable. also, running it to the outside on 2nd,3rd and 4th n goal (just inside the 2 yard line) is kinda easy to pick up on.

on defense 3rd downs were fun for Giddings because they knew they could run it up the middle for 4 yards every time for the first down....no middle presence was made, especially on 3rd and short, even when they got down inside the 5 yard line.

Giddings offense didn't wow me, as well, very predictable. pesky quarterback that can give you nightmares, decent rb, other than that i saw no threats. its hard to see how that quarterback is gonna stay healthy throughout the playoffs when he is up for a big hit every time as many times as he keeps the ball. Caldwell finally figured it out to put him on his back every play....but didn't decide to do this till the last 2 minutes of the game. i saw no depth.

defensively did well,lots of big hits but also lots of arm tackles, where some could have gotten lose for the big yards, knocked the ball loose i think 3 times . tackle someone as a team, its not a bad thing. saw a couple of attitudes from giddings players(nothing big, but you can see it)

whats up with everyone slipping on the field? every three plays, the ball carrier would tackle himself, half the time it would be looking for a big gain as well.

nice press box for the visiting team, kinda just standing over the visiting fans on a platform

Good luck to both teams on the remainder of their seasons.

oh yea, Giddings dairy queen is pretty snazzy :thumbsup: didn't eat there though

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 07:48 AM
slippery field it seemed

gtownfan
10-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
slippery field it seemed

The field did look torn up a bit in the middle. More than likely due to the marching contest that was held last Saturday.

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
The field did look torn up a bit in the middle. More than likely due to the marching contest that was held last Saturday. Perhaps, There was about 10 plays that could have been huge gains if the players wouldn't have slipped.

gtownfan
10-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
its hard to see how that quarterback is gonna stay healthy throughout the playoffs when he is up for a big hit every time as many times as he keeps the ball.

nice press box for the visiting team, kinda just standing over the visiting fans on a platform

oh yea, Giddings dairy queen is pretty snazzy :thumbsup: didn't eat there though

Everyone's been say Brock is going to break and hasn't happened yet (except for the knee issue in the Liberty Hill Game). That's one of his strengths, I've seen him take tons of hits and just bounces up.

No one uses that visiting press box anymore! Most visiting teams have their staff go over to the home side. I guess the Hornet coaches didn't get the message.

The Dairy Queen, when it was built a couple years ago was the first one in the state like that. Actually, it has decent food also!!

It was a good game between two good teams. Caldwell needs to stay focused during the next two games to make the playoffs and do some damage their!

pirate4state
10-27-2007, 10:59 AM
decent game by two decent teams. Giddings isn't the best team in the state and imo defiantly aren't #1. long drive to this game(for me, grant, kep, mwynn, and rita at least), lots of fans showed up for this one, even saw some tailgating.

problems i see with caldwell: running out of goalline 75% of the time, run motiion side 98% of the time, never was suprised by a play they called, very predicatable. also, running it to the outside on 2nd,3rd and 4th n goal (just inside the 2 yard line) is kinda easy to pick up on.

on defense 3rd downs were fun for Giddings because they knew they could run it up the middle for 4 yards every time for the first down....no middle presence was made, especially on 3rd and short, even when they got down inside the 5 yard line.

Giddings offense didn't wow me, as well, very predictable. pesky quarterback that can give you nightmares, decent rb, other than that i saw no threats. its hard to see how that quarterback is gonna stay healthy throughout the playoffs when he is up for a big hit every time as many times as he keeps the ball. Caldwell finally figured it out to put him on his back every play....but didn't decide to do this till the last 2 minutes of the game. i saw no depth.

defensively did well,lots of big hits but also lots of arm tackles, where some could have gotten lose for the big yards, knocked the ball loose i think 3 times . tackle someone as a team, its not a bad thing. saw a couple of attitudes from giddings players(nothing big, but you can see it)

whats up with everyone slipping on the field? every three plays, the ball carrier would tackle himself, half the time it would be looking for a big gain as well.

Good luck to both teams on the remainder of their seasons.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Juggs! ;)

I'll tell you what's up with the field ====> ant hills :D :D

DU_stud04
10-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Juggs! ;)

I'll tell you what's up with the field ====> ant hills :D :D i swear....every two seconds you were saying oopps...another ant hill:speech:

mwynn05
10-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I was a long trip and a pretty decent game. Giddings pretty well dominated the second half. It seems like Caldwell called a really conservative game like they knew Giddings was better and they just hoped to keep it close and catch a few breaks.

yoemenkracker30
10-27-2007, 03:38 PM

do they still play on the inch tall grass? when we played there my senior year it was basically like playin on dirt

DU_stud04
10-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
do they still play on the inch tall grass? when we played there my senior year it was basically like playin on dirt when you post i think you're thedoctordre ....because of your sig pic.

it looked a bit munched, guessing from the marching band contest from the previous week.

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 05:35 PM
i swear....every two seconds you were saying oopps...another ant hill:speech: She said that once because I told her we played at Giddings once and i was running with the ball and tripped in an ant hill :(

DU_stud04
10-27-2007, 05:38 PM
She said that once because I told her we played at Giddings once and i was running with the ball and tripped in an ant hill :( loser... hahaha

thats gotta suck to get tripped up by an ant hill.... especially on the football field

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 07:47 PM
slippery field it seemed

If you noticed the field seem to be wet on the visitor side, the only time Giddings ran on that side was when we kicked it to them
and they usually slipped down, I know we slipped alot but Giddings ran everything up the middle or towards their side, just an observation, not saying the field was watered down on our side, turf just wasn't that great on our side......

Til' we meet again.....

Giddings is the best team in 3a

charlesrixey
10-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood

Giddings is the best team in 3a

i don't think so (but i always thought they were in the 3-6 range, anyway);

however, caldwell is still a top 20 team and giddings is probably still a top 10 team

DU_stud04
10-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood

Giddings is the best team in 3a well find out in december wont we?

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 09:15 PM
well find out in december wont we? That's his lost bet but I don't think he knows how to put it in his sig.

DU_stud04
10-27-2007, 09:20 PM
That's his lost bet but I don't think he knows how to put it in his sig. hahaha, alright, just noticed it was a caldwell poster saying that.

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 09:56 PM
That's his lost bet but I don't think he knows how to put it in his sig.

Please tell me how to put it my signature along with a picture
PM me, I followed the instructions but something is in greek..

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 09:58 PM
"User CP" > "Edit Profile" > Scroll down the page and there is a space that says "Signature" > Type in the information > Scroll Down > Click "Save Changes"