PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell Hornets @ Navasota Rattlers

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Aight, the Rattlers have their shot at Caldwell. Who wins this matchup?

navscanmaster
10-27-2007, 04:42 AM
And lets please don't let this thread get out of hand like the Caldwell-Giddings thread was. This will be a great game between two teams that are having great improved years. No "undefeated" status on the line, no championship minus a major Giddings blunder, just a matchup of two excellent teams with great tailbacks. I will give the edge to the Ratters in this one because Dexter is at full strength, and the passing game has reached a new level of efficiency. Rattler receivers caught several passes, two for TDs, after Smithville late contact/interference that was never called. The key for Navasota to win is a big improvement in pass protection over the Smithville game. The key to a Caldwell win is obviously defense and clock control. Their offense should be able to move the ball well enough against the Rattlers to put them in a position to win, but if their defense can't contain Pratt or the passing game, then it could be a high scoring affair with the edge to the Rattlers because of home turf. Good luck, and hope for an injury-free practice week for both teams.

gtownfan
10-27-2007, 07:53 AM
I'll go with Navasota by 10 on this one mainly due to the size of their Offensive Line. That line will wear down Caldwell.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm picking the Rattlers by 14. If the Hornets are not carefull traveling into Rattler Stadium, this game can potentially get ugly. Caldwell has a good team, but the Rattlers are hungry and seeking revenge from last years lost to the Hornets. I look for this game to be high scoring and if tht Hornets D gets worn down, look for Navasota's offense to put up similar numbers as they did in the Coldspring game.

buff4ever
10-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I am almost undecided in this game at this point, that is why this game will be so good, or atleast hyped up so well before the game. I am voting for the rattlers on sheer talent and capability. The problem with that vote is I am counting on the rattlers to rise to the occasion like they did against the buffs. It is on their new turf, which they seem to play well on to this point. The navasota coaches also must put together a good game plan and get the players to execute well. I don't think either team will have a problem with intensity in this game.

What I am saying I guess is that navasota has the potential and ability to win this game, they just have to plan and execute with that ability or caldwell can beat them with an excellent team as well.

If GIDDINGS, NAVASOTA and CALDWELL represent in the post season, I expect they will all go atleast 2 or 3 deep.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I am almost undecided in this game at this point, that is why this game will be so good, or atleast hyped up so well before the game. I am voting for the rattlers on sheer talent and capability. The problem with that vote is I am counting on the rattlers to rise to the occasion like they did against the buffs. It is on their new turf, which they seem to play well on to this point. The navasota coaches also must put together a good game plan and get the players to execute well. I don't think either team will have a problem with intensity in this game.

What I am saying I guess is that navasota has the potential and ability to win this game, they just have to plan and execute with that ability or caldwell can beat them with an excellent team as well.

If GIDDINGS, NAVASOTA and CALDWELL represent in the post season, I expect they will all go atleast 2 or 3 deep.

Agreed. Great representation from district 23-3A.

ProudHornetMom
10-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Homer vote for Caldwell. Not going to begin any discussion of any kind.

Rattlesnake_08
10-27-2007, 01:02 PM
This game is looking to be possibly a classic at Rattler Stadium. There are two teams that are tied for second place in district, and looking to get the upper hand on the play-off race before even more strange stuff happens (*La Grange over Bellville*). The Rattlers will definitely come out fired up and ready to play, and I'm assured Caldwell will do the same. The Rattler D ought to hunker down a bit this week and get back to the tenacious play they had before Smithville, and Caldwell will prob. get their O rolling again. This game is looking to be a match of equals. Nevertheless, Navasota will win: 1) Because they are going to come out ready to play and fired up after what happened at the Smithville game 2) Because Navasota will always fight to the finish 3) Because the game is at Rattler Stadium.

Its real early in the week, but as of now I will take Navasota
35-21.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I'll take Navasota. I think they will expose an over-rated Caldwell team. Call it a hunch. Could I be wrong....yes. We'll have to see how it plays out...but I expect Navasota to make an example of the Hornets.

Cameron Crazy
10-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Navasota is look great, but so is Caldwell.

This game is going to be a good one.

giddingsblazer2
10-27-2007, 02:11 PM
i dont think caldwell is overrated at all.....i was at the game...and caldwell had their oppotunities......the game was closer than 21-7..........caldwell is NOT overrated

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
i dont think caldwell is overrated at all.....i was at the game...and caldwell had their oppotunities......the game was closer than 21-7..........caldwell is NOT overrated I guess we'll see on Fri. but I have a feeling they will be "upset" again, I could be wrong though.

Darren
10-27-2007, 04:26 PM
These teams seem evenly matched. However I will take Navasota with nothing but a gut feeling.

Navasota by 3.

Pudlugger
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I'll take Caldwell by 2 or 3 tds. Just my opinion.

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
This game was close the only thing that didn't show it was the score board.....
Category......................Caldwell............ ..Giddings
First downs......................15..................... ..13
Rushes - yards.............39-246.................45-250
passing yards..................50........................0
total yards......................296.................... .250

unfortunately they beat us where it counted the most on the SCOREBOARD.....

No more smack talking here, I'll let our boys do it on the field....

Giddings is the Best team in 3a.......

Til we meet again....

charlesrixey
10-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'll take Navasota. I think they will expose an over-rated Caldwell team. Call it a hunch. Could I be wrong....yes. We'll have to see how it plays out...but I expect Navasota to make an example of the Hornets.

i'm an un-attached observer, but would an over-rated caldwell mean an over-rated giddings?

buff4ever
10-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Caldwell fans, the new stadium is nice; but you better get there early. I arrived very early at the stadium, like 6:30 and got seat for the 3 of us BARELY.

buff4life
10-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
This game was close the only thing that didn't show it was the score board.....
Category......................Caldwell............ ..Giddings
First downs......................15..................... ..13
Rushes - yards.............39-246.................45-250
passing yards..................50........................0
total yards......................296.................... .250

unfortunately they beat us where it counted the most on the SCOREBOARD.....

No more smack talking here, I'll let our boys do it on the field....

Giddings is the Best team in 3a.......

Til we meet again....

AAS had Caldwell at 200 yds and Giddings had 300 yds, i know the Giddings score is right because Brock had 220 on his own and Jenke had 50 or so, they also had yall at 100 yds passing tho

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

Do you really think that Caldwell is that good or Navasota is that bad? 2-3 touchdown, you are joking right?:rolleyes: I'm taking it that you have not seen the Rattlers play this year.

gobbler grad
10-28-2007, 01:46 PM
guess i'll take the Hornets...gonna come in there and surprise a few folks...:thinking:
Caldwell by...

doesn't matter...Caldwell wins:clap:

Rattlesnake_08
10-28-2007, 07:03 PM
As long as the Rattlers prepare for this game like they did for Giddings they shouldn't have a problem taking a win this Friday.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Just getting this poll back to the top.....

BTW, Navasota by 14.

Rattlesnake_08
10-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I know this isn't really a rival game, but with the current circumstances it feels like it is, or at least should be.

CHS_CG
10-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Yet again I dont get to go to this game *SIGH*:(

RattlerDude
10-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
As long as the Rattlers prepare for this game like they did for Giddings they shouldn't have a problem taking a win this Friday.

I agree. They have to be ready and on their toes. They started pretty flat footed against Smithvilled but they woke up and made it happen. I am taking Navasota to win this game of course. The offense is more than peaking. Stokes is a very good quarterback who can give himself time with his legs if necessary and Pratt is a monstrous beast. He cannot be held down by anybody. We definitely have the best receivers in the district as well. Navasota 27-14

Rattlesnake_08
10-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
I agree. They have to be ready and on their toes. They started pretty flat footed against Smithvilled but they woke up and made it happen. I am taking Navasota to win this game of course. The offense is more than peaking. Stokes is a very good quarterback who can give himself time with his legs if necessary and Pratt is a monstrous beast. He cannot be held down by anybody. We definitely have the best receivers in the district as well. Navasota 27-14

We do have the best recievers, because we have the best passing game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2007, 08:02 PM
As I stated earlier in the year, Navasota has no idea how good they can be. They are beginning to see it now, especially after going to Bellville and coming out with a victory, holding their own against Giddings, and erupting the way that they did against Smithville. Navasota can play with anyone. To me, they tend to play to their competition's level of play. That is why they gave up so many points against Smithville and why they played Giddings so tough. Just as everyone as stated, Navasota should win this game as long as they come out fired up.
As fans, we should encourage everyone to bring WHITE towels and Cow bells to the game. I did notice that a large number of fans had towels at the Giddings game. I guess that I didn't get the memo, lol. The level of play that the Rattlers exhibit when the crowd is into the game is unbelievable. We need to make sure that we are there early and loud!

Go Snakes!

orangeblood
10-29-2007, 08:45 PM
It really isn't a rival, whats amazing is the 2 teams (fans) seem so civil to eachother.... Last week seem like such a grind on these boards.. Good luck Navasota. I still can't believe they do not allow the inflatables at the stadium.....

zebrablue2
10-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

that would be called a. oh, I just cannot say those two words.
all in fun pud. team with the fewest turnovers and red flags wins
this one. good luck to both teams. this is what texas high school
football is all about.

SpeedOption
10-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Parking will be tough. Navasota by 14.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Do you really think that Caldwell is that good or Navasota is that bad? 2-3 touchdown, you are joking right?:rolleyes: I'm taking it that you have not seen the Rattlers play this year.

He likes to joke alot, or poke you in your eyes, what he is really saying is there is a Donkey Stomping about to happen.
He will need to remember that next week when his team plays the Navasota Rattlers!!!!!

State_In_08
10-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Haha, homer pick here. I'll take Navasota by 14. This will be a coming out party for the defense, they'll adjust nicely and hold Xavier Canto, Farrin Sims, and the rest of that stunning Caldwell offense to 7 points, as Giddings did. That means Navasota 21, Caldwell 7.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
He likes to joke alot, or poke you in your eyes, what he is really saying is there is a Donkey Stomping about to happen.
He will need to remember that next week when his team plays the Navasota Rattlers!!!!!

Apparently so.:thinking:

But, I do understand why he hopes that Caldwell beats Navasota considering that we will play the Leopards next week...If the Rattlers were to lose this week and La Grange wins, the La Grange game would determine the final playoff spot.

navscanmaster
10-30-2007, 06:42 AM
I think the second question is will Dexter Pratt accumulate:
A: less than 100 yards
B: 100-200 yards
C: 200+ yards

I think B or C gets the Rattlers a win. A requires a lot of Jacolby Stokes and tough defense to pull off a win. But either way, I just don't see him repeating a 18 carry 366 yard night against the Swarm. Prove me wrong, though Dexter!;)

48minutes
10-30-2007, 08:48 AM
If Navasota comes out with the intensity they had against giddings, they will get the win. Caldwell can not play the whole game, there level of play decreases alot throughout the second half. Navasota 35 caldwell 21

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
RATTLERS!!!

Hornet Mom 2
10-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Navasota has a good team this year, no doubt. Caldwell knows they need to win this game -- not just to help them get to the play-offs, but to prove that they are one of the two best teams in our district. The boys believe it, and now after the loss to Giddings, they have to prove it more than ever.

I think Caldwell and Navasota will be the #2 and #3 teams (respectively of course) to go to the playoffs. Caldwell by 14.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 10:56 AM
It really isn't a rival, whats amazing is the 2 teams (fans) seem so civil to eachother.... Last week seem like such a grind on these boards.. Good luck Navasota. I still can't believe they do not allow the inflatables at the stadium.....

Ok, from what I have been told, you have to anchor the inflatable into the ground. Navasota has artificial turf, so, anchoring an inflatable is not possible.

Navasota's biggest rival is and always will be Brenham. They were embarrased by the whipping Navasota put on them in the Astrodome in 2003. When the Cubs get enough guts to play us again, the tradition will continue. I can't believe we haven't played them since that game.

Hornet Mom 2
10-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Ok, from what I have been told, you have to anchor the inflatable into the ground. Navasota has artificial turf, so, anchoring an inflatable is not possible.

Doesn't Hutto have artificial turf? We had our inflatable there (and so did they of course).

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Doesn't Hutto have artificial turf? We had our inflatable there (and so did they of course).

Based on Texas Bob, Hutto has natural grass. But, that can be wrong.

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:03 AM

Navasota's biggest rival is and always will be Brenham. They were embarrased by the whipping Navasota put on them in the Astrodome in 2003. When the Cubs get enough guts to play us again, the tradition will continue. I can't believe we haven't played them since that game.

I have never seen an inflatable anchored in the ground, we just hold it by hand, nothing would have hurt the turf, Navasota Management just being jerks

this is not a bash at you Hemo

Hornet Mom 2
10-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
I have never seen an inflatable anchored in the ground, we just hold it by hand, nothing would have hurt the turf, Navasota Management just being jerks

Does Navasota have an inflatable? Maybe they don't want anyone bringing them to their field if they don't have one to put up...NOT BASHING, just asking!

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:08 AM

No harm taken, I completely understand. They (NISD) need to relax a little. I know someone who was treated unfairly at the first game at Rattler Stadium. He promised that he would never return again. So far, he has lived up to his word. They kill me on how they handle the Reserve Seating. I just shake my head and laugh.

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:28 AM
where are all the new Caldwell posters that posted so vehemently on the Caldwell/GIDDINGS thread last week, only one representing is Hornet Mom 2..wish i could have met her...

but are the rest really bandwaggoners?

Hornet Mom 2
10-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I noticed that Giddings brings the whole town with them when they go on the road, which is a very good thing. Will Caldwell bring that many people with them?

We are planning to! I think the whole town of Caldwell was in Giddings on Friday, and the Navasota game is huge for us as well to pave the way to the play-offs!

Any Caldwell posters want to back me up on this??!!:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
I noticed that Giddings brings the whole town with them when they go on the road, which is a very good thing. Will Caldwell bring that many people with them?

I sure hope so, it was a great atmosphere. To Caldwell fans that are going to the game, get there early if you want a seat. By the time I arrived for the Giddings game (around 630), their side was already filled.

Btw, Giddings fans are awesome and their band had a great sound. Nothing against any other bands, but Gidding's band had one of the best sounds that Ive heard from a high school in a long time....

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:32 AM
I sure hope so, it was a great atmosphere. To Caldwell fans that are going to the game, get there early if you want a seat. By the time I arrived for the Giddings game (around 630), their side was already filled.

no joke...we got there in our motor home at 530 and there were already 50 at the gates...

ProudHornetMom
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
where are all the new Caldwell posters that posted so vehemently on the Caldwell/GIDDINGS thread last week, only one representing is Hornet Mom 2..wish i could have met her...

I'm here. Just very busy work week. I'm sneaking in at lunch! More later. Glad I was missed. ;)

CHS_Grad '85
10-30-2007, 01:21 PM

but are the rest really bandwaggoners? I'm really sorry I didn't get to meet ya... I went to the score board at half time but meet up with a friend from Austin... then Burnt Orange Hornet 86 showed up and we couldn't tell if anyone was getting together (I already knew that pirate4state & company were not coming down)... I even called out "Anyone with the Downlow?"... no one answered back (I did get one guy looking at me as if I'd lost my mind)... finally BOH86 walked a little further but still didn't find anyone... a few other Caldwell posters came up and asked about the M&G but we all finally gave up and went back to our seats...

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh, and by the way, the teams that play on Friday night don't need validation from you, me, or anyone else. Your opinon, my opinon, a poll, or anything else can't determine how good a team is, especially on the high school level. A TEAM determines how good they are, no one else.

orangeblood
10-30-2007, 08:34 PM

but are the rest really bandwaggoners?

Hey, I've been here paying my dues surely you have seen my post and my signature..

orangeblood
10-30-2007, 08:52 PM
First of all, high school football is all about (or at least used to be) playing the towns around, about playing down the highway or across town. That's how these rivalries were formed. Since when does a rivalry become pointless just because one team is worried about their image rather than tradition? I think it is pointless to rid of tradition just because of current circumstances. If it were that way, then why would Navasota play Hempstead every year? Its not like Navasota has anything to gain. Its because of the local tradition rooted into that game...It shouldn't matter whether a team is 2A, 3A, or 4A; tradition is tradition, it was there before these divisions, and current circumstance should not dictate whether one rival school plays another.

Secondly, I don't know how we got on the subject of Benham, but we all should get back to talking about Navasota and Caldwell, since that is what this thread is about.

Caldwell use to play Somerville every year but that died out in the late 80's..... Nothing for Caldwell to gain but everything to lose.... but I do wish they played it would be kinda cool. Now only there Little league football teams play.....

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Caldwell use to play Somerville every year but that died out in the late 80's..... Nothing for Caldwell to gain but everything to lose.... but I do wish they played it would be kinda cool. Now only there Little league football teams play.....

Well...At least teams like Navasota and Caldwell are going at it still, I know its not a rivalry game, but I'm sure it still has a long history.

How come y'all don't play Somerville? Y'all played Hearne. That's kind of the same thing seeing as how Somerville and Hearne are in the same district.

EAGLETOWN
10-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Boy... This is one tough district.

I'm going to go with Navasota just because they had a little more success against Giddings.

Navasota in a nail bitter and the kicker makes the differance in this one.

Rattlers 24
Hornets 21

LoveTheHornets
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM

I have been busy with work just like some others.

Say, how about that Caldwell/Navasota game????? Anybody want to talk about that?

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LoveTheHornets
I have been busy with work just like some others.

Say, how about that Caldwell/Navasota game????? Anybody want to talk about that?

I know. Going to be some game, huh?

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I had heard on the radio that K-Tex was going to be there. Doing their game of the week thing that they do every friday night.

orangeblood
10-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Well...At least teams like Navasota and Caldwell are going at it still, I know its not a rivalry game, but I'm sure it still has a long history.

How come y'all don't play Somerville? Y'all played Hearne. That's kind of the same thing seeing as how Somerville and Hearne are in the same district.

Hey yall play Hearne as well, of course Hearne was 3a and in our District for a long time. Somerville is 2a and maybe 1a next year....
I played for Somerville, my senior year Bobby Jack gave us a whipping was 41-0. The 2 teams played again the next year the score was worse and after that not as much as a scrimage. I gues the folks in Somerville at that point said enough..... At one time it was a rivalry. I remember some people from Somerville tearing up Caldwells restrooms, but I was just a kid when that happened... Of course our pre-season schedule was Brookshire-Royal 3a/ Hempstead 3a / Caldwell 3A/ our district was Lexington, Thrall, Thorndale, Liberty Hill, Florence, Manor & Bartlett pretty tough schedule.

48minutes
10-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I had heard on the radio that K-Tex was going to be there. Doing their game of the week thing that they do every friday night.

They should be, it should be an intresting game. There sure aren't near as many caldwell posters this week as there was last week. Buffaloes quiet them down or what?

Navasota wins if they play with the intensity they had against the buffs.. If the defense plays anything like they did against us(giddings) then they will keep caldwells offense in check. Very athletic defense from what I saw! Can easily go either way though, caldwell can play.

buff4ever
10-30-2007, 10:23 PM
All I know is that caldwell has more heart, determination and discipline, so navasota better start worrying about them instead of brenham.

In all seriousnous, this should be a great game. The question everyone (that talks about this game) has is what navasota team will show up. That may be what gives caldwell the edge, even though I pick navasota. If a team has to worry about playing up or which team will arrive at the game; they are possibly not ready for a game like this.

Caldwell, w/ all of their BS all week, did show up to play like they have all year, no matter the opponent. Navasota must show up, and that is not as easily done when you have to ask yourself about this very possibility.

I STILL TAKE NAVASOTA, just had to stir it up about the right game here.

buff4ever
10-30-2007, 10:25 PM
I expect caldwell to bring the whole town like they did against us. Great showing, stay behind your team, they may need you right now with the reputation yall have over the last few years. A loss here could cause so real interest around the bellville game next week.

buff4life
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey, I've been here paying my dues surely you have seen my post and my signature..

i wasn't referring to you...you've kept posting..i respect you...

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey yall play Hearne as well, of course Hearne was 3a and in our District for a long time. Somerville is 2a and maybe 1a next year....
I played for Somerville, my senior year Bobby Jack gave us a whipping was 41-0. The 2 teams played again the next year the score was worse and after that not as much as a scrimage. I gues the folks in Somerville at that point said enough..... At one time it was a rivalry. I remember some people from Somerville tearing up Caldwells restrooms, but I was just a kid when that happened... Of course our pre-season schedule was Brookshire-Royal 3a/ Hempstead 3a / Caldwell 3A/ our district was Lexington, Thrall, Thorndale, Liberty Hill, Florence, Manor & Bartlett pretty tough schedule.

Yeah, oh well I guess.

Rattlesnake_08
10-30-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm hopeing this game Navasota will get the homeside filled up. I don't think they have since the Hempstead game.

UPanIN
10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
There will be a lot of Navasota people at the game but it will not be full on the Rattler side.

After all deer season starts Saturday and you've got to prioritize the right way.

navscanmaster
10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Well, now that we are back to Caldwell versus Navasota.......I am off till Sunday. What in the heck am I gonna do till gametime? Maybe I'll stuff myself full of candy:D
I have an idea for Coach Fedora though. When I was a kid, I knocked down a hornet's nest with a stick and got my arse stung all over. Taught me to respect hornets, but also how to go to Walmart and buy a can of long-shot Raid to soak them. Not saying that every Rattler player should take the field with a can of Raid, but maybe they should each poke a hornet's nest and get stung this week. Perhaps my analogy will prove useful. Or not, and maybe I am just suffering form lack of sleep. Anyhow, 58 hours, 39 minutes and counting. Later board.

navscanmaster
10-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Can't go to sleep until I get my hundredth post though. Ahh, thats better. Good morning, or night, as us night shifters call morning.

RattlerDude
10-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Ok not trying to step on any toes here, but the Brenham/Navasota thread needs to be somewhere else. This is the Caldwell/Navasota thread!

It's gonna be a great game. Two good teams battling it out for a much needed win!

I agree. Who cares about Brenham? We are playing Caldwell! Gonna get them back for last year and for 04-05

BULLRUSH
10-31-2007, 10:13 AM
I have to take Navasota. Their line coach is the coolest guy I have ever met...even if he shaves his legs.

Rattlesnake_08
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey does anyone from Caldwell have stats for Cantu?

buff4life
10-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey does anyone from Caldwell have stats for Cantu?

73 yds last week...

48minutes
10-31-2007, 03:03 PM
73 yds last week...

Very true. I witnessed the "X Factor" getting shut down, I also noticed he was t o good to shake hands after the game. That amazed me. I guess thats the heart hornet mom was talking about?? haha I'm joking. :) Caldwell did play with alot of heart, it was a well played game!

Hornet Mom 2
10-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Very true. I witnessed the "X Factor" getting shut down, I also noticed he was t o good to shake hands after the game. That amazed me. I guess thats the heart hornet mom was talking about?? haha I'm joking. :) Caldwell did play with alot of heart, it was a well played game!

I was wondering when that would come up ;) . There were SEVERAL of us parents (whose kids did go shake hands after the game) that were telling him from the stands to go out there and shake hands. I don't know if the coaches said anything to him or not, but he heard it from the stands.

buff4life
10-31-2007, 03:18 PM
I was wondering when that would come up ;) . There were SEVERAL of us parents (whose kids did go shake hands after the game) that were telling him from the stands to go out there and shake hands. I don't know if the coaches said anything to him or not, but he heard it from the stands.

shows true leadership...i knew that character from him from previous experiences...

the coaches should do something...

orangeblood
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
shows true leadership...i knew that character from him from previous experiences...

the coaches should do something...

Hey I will tell you this, I'm a good judge on character. Xavier is a great kid. Read the article online @ dave cambells texas football. I coached this kid in baseball when he was 13, I had heard when he was going to school in Bryan that he had scored a ton of touchdowns, I ask him how many he scored, he said "Coach it doesn't matter how many I scored it was about the team winning. I was impressed. Also I have heard our OC say that he is always saying give the ball to Farrin and OC says why and he says I love blocking. So if he was acting as you all say then there was something bigger than shaking hands. I now it was probably a war on that field. So if he acted like you say then I will apologize for him, but I don't see a character problem not with him.

buff4life
10-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey I will tell you this, I'm a good judge on character. Xavier is a great kid. Read the article online @ dave cambells texas football. I coached this kid in baseball when he was 13, I had heard when he was going to school in Bryan that he had scored a ton of touchdowns, I ask him how many he scored, he said "Coach it doesn't matter how many I scored it was about the team winning. I was impressed. Also I have heard our OC say that he is always saying give the ball to Farrin and OC says why and he says I love blocking. So if he was acting as you all say then there was something bigger than shaking hands. I now it was probably a war on that field. So if he acted like you say then I will apologize for him, but I don't see a character problem not with him.

I was basing that off one previous experience, watching him in pregame, and then watched him walk off the field after the game refusing to shake hands with the team, all i need to form an opinion of him, not that it can't change...

Hornet Mom 2
10-31-2007, 06:21 PM

Xavier is a good kid who made a bad decision. He did not walk with his team to shake hands. And I am sure he has heard about this week. He is about the team and I have heard the same comment from our OC about him wanting to block and let Farrin have the ball. Good kid, bad decision. They all do that at some point in time. Hopefully he will learn from it.

ProudHornetMom
10-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Many of the Caldwell posters haven't faded away...honest. They have been busy every night this week with a community/school project for Halloween.

I've wanted to post but then got confused with the Navasota, Brenham and Rockdale posts.

Regarding Xavier not shaking hands. I don't condone that and I assure you the coaches handled it. I don't want to start another Giddings-Caldwell slam bash but Giddings didn't shine with sportmanship either. Coach Fitzhenry did some tacky things last week and it was pretty flagrant after the game with his run past all the Caldwell Assist. Coaches to do a blow by shake with our head coach then BUMP through our players and go do a happy dance in the wet area of the field. It wasn't needed. I will say that a Giddings Assistant Coach did come up to my son near the locker room and told him good game. My son appreciated that and I do as well.

Buff4ever...see what you did...you stirred me up again and got me off topic of the Caldwell-Navasota game. ;) I'm so lost now on the thread...I going off for Tylenol and herbal tea...or a glass of wine.

Online sources state that the Navasota Visitor's side seats 1500. Does that sound correct?

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Yes, that is correct. 1500 on visitors side, 3000 on home, 500 in the end zone for band/drill team....Get there early:)

pirate4state
11-01-2007, 09:24 AM
This thread has been closed for maintance! :mad:

My God - I don't understand what gets into some of you! :dispntd:

DO NOT START ANOTHER THREAD! THIS ONE WILL BE BACK UP SHORTLY! ANYONE STARTING ANOTHER THREAD WILL BE BENCHED UNTIL SATURDAY!

Now, if some of you can't keep on subject - don't post here!

Good Luck to both teams! Safe travels!

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 09:57 AM
What was the thread closed for?

State_In_08
11-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
All I know is that caldwell has more heart, determination and discipline, so navasota better start worrying about them instead of brenham.

In all seriousnous, this should be a great game. The question everyone (that talks about this game) has is what navasota team will show up. That may be what gives caldwell the edge, even though I pick navasota. If a team has to worry about playing up or which team will arrive at the game; they are possibly not ready for a game like this.

Caldwell, w/ all of their BS all week, did show up to play like they have all year, no matter the opponent. Navasota must show up, and that is not as easily done when you have to ask yourself about this very possibility.

I STILL TAKE NAVASOTA, just had to stir it up about the right game here.

Sorry I'm a little behind, just now catching up on this thread.

Really, I'm not worried about which team will show up. They know they've had something to prove all year after two straight 3-7 seasons. They just got a little comfortable against Smithville. Don't expect that to happen vs. Caldwell. They know their opponent is good and they can play nothing less than great to be able to beat them.

State_In_08
11-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well, now that we are back to Caldwell versus Navasota.......I am off till Sunday. What in the heck am I gonna do till gametime? Maybe I'll stuff myself full of candy:D
I have an idea for Coach Fedora though. When I was a kid, I knocked down a hornet's nest with a stick and got my arse stung all over. Taught me to respect hornets, but also how to go to Walmart and buy a can of long-shot Raid to soak them. Not saying that every Rattler player should take the field with a can of Raid, but maybe they should each poke a hornet's nest and get stung this week. Perhaps my analogy will prove useful. Or not, and maybe I am just suffering form lack of sleep. Anyhow, 58 hours, 39 minutes and counting. Later board.

Trust me, they respect their opponent. All week in school the players have been talking about these guys, and how they're gonna have to play a great game to beat them. Like I said earlier, they know their opponent is very good, even if Giddings beat them 21-7, they know that even keeping a game that close against Giddings is not that easy.

pirate4state
11-01-2007, 10:08 AM
What was the thread closed for?

It isn't closed now!

Hornet Mom 2
11-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Trust me, they respect their opponent. All week in school the players have been talking about these guys, and how they're gonna have to play a great game to beat them. Like I said earlier, they know their opponent is very good, even if Giddings beat them 21-7, they know that even keeping a game that close against Giddings is not that easy.

The fact that both of these teams were so close with Giddings is what is going to make this game so great. I think this is going to be one of (if not the) best games in D23 this year. They are both looking for that #2 spot in the district and are going to do everything they can to get there!

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I think that, of course, this a huge game for the Navasota players, but even bigger for the coaching staff here. They have been here for three years now, and are finally getting their program on its feet. This season for the Rattlers is all about proving things. They proved they can go above .500. They proved they can win close games. They proved they compete in district. Now they face the task of proving they can win against a high-ranked opponent. The Rattlers came up short last time when they played Giddings, but now they have another shot. A win for the Rattlers would be huge to the players, the fans, and the program.

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Not very many people posting today...

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Rattlerdude stop talkin' mess.

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 09:33 PM
One thing for Caldwell...Y'all's Jr. High teams sure stomp the crap out of ours. Although, that's not really saying much, because our's aren't all that good. But anyways, y'all look like y'all have some good talent coming up.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Prolly will happen to your varsity too.

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Prolly will happen to your varsity too.

They're not going to get stomped. I know that much.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
They're not going to get stomped. I know that much.

You must be a player? you never know what could happen...

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 09:47 PM
You must be a player? you never know what could happen...

Yeah, Caldwell could end up getting stomped.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 09:49 PM

We'll see chief.

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 09:51 PM
We'll see chief.

Actually, I seriously doubt that either team will get stomped. The winner might win by two score at the most.

Stownhorse
11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Actually, I seriously doubt that either team will get stomped. The winner might win by two score at the most.

its possible

Rattlesnake_08
11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
its possible

We'll see...

Hoss
11-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Scores???

orangeblood
11-02-2007, 12:17 AM
One thing for Caldwell...Y'all's Jr. High teams sure stomp the crap out of ours. Although, that's not really saying much, because our's aren't all that good. But anyways, y'all look like y'all have some good talent coming up.

Our Freshman team won 21-14(I think) and our JV won 40-0..

strike hard
11-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Should be a good one tonight.

48minutes
11-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Finally Friday, Go rattlers. Should be a close one.

zebrablue2
11-02-2007, 08:48 AM

I don't think that will happen. it will be close.

RattlerDude
11-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Finally Friday baby! Here we go! This game is gonna be crazy

Rattlesnake_08
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Finally Friday baby! Here we go! This game is gonna be crazy

Whoo!

orangeblood
11-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Here is my prediction for tonights game....so far 6-1 this year.
Caldwell 43 Navasota 17........................

Remember, my opinion only.

P.S. hope everyone has enjoyed my signature that ends at Midnight tonight..........

Hey any Navasota posters willing to make a bet. I'll sign Navasota is better than Caldwell if yall win and when we win You sign Caldwell is better than Navasota. Must display signature on all post until next Friday.... Any takers?

Hornet Mom 2
11-02-2007, 12:33 PM

P.S. hope everyone has enjoyed my signature that ends at Midnight tonight..........

Hey any Navasota posters willing to make a bet. I'll sign Navasota is better than Caldwell if yall win and when we win You sign Caldwell is better than Navasota. Must display signature on all post until next Friday.... Any takers?

Well, I am willing to take you up on that, on our side of course! I think the game will be a little closer than you do, but I know we will leave Navasota tonight with another win! Navasota posters?? Anyone interested??

Rattlesnake_08
11-02-2007, 12:42 PM

I'll take that bet.

Rattlesnake_08
11-02-2007, 12:43 PM
I'll take that bet.

But what does the loser exactly have to do?

Hornet Mom 2
11-02-2007, 12:44 PM
But what does the loser exactly have to do?

Starting at midnight tonight, the loser (you) ;) will have to put in your signature after EVERY post until midnight NEXT Friday that "Caldwell has a better football team than Navasota."

Rattlesnake_08
11-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Starting at midnight tonight, the loser (you) ;) will have to put in your signature after EVERY post until midnight NEXT Friday that "Caldwell has a better football team than Navasota."

And when you lose you'll have to put "Navasota is a better football team than Caldwell"?

Hornet Mom 2
11-02-2007, 12:49 PM
And when you lose you'll have to put "Navasota is a better football team than Caldwell"?

If that were to happen, of course I would have to do that. Right now it's me and orangeblood that have agreed to do it.

CALDWELL and NAVASOTA posters -- anyone up for a nice, friendly bet??

Rattlesnake_08
11-02-2007, 12:50 PM
If that were to happen, of course I would have to do that. Right now it's me and orangeblood that have agreed to do it.

CALDWELL and NAVASOTA posters -- anyone up for a nice, friendly bet??

So its just me from Navasota so far???

RattlerDude
11-02-2007, 12:57 PM

Yeah thats a bet.

State_In_08
11-02-2007, 01:54 PM

Thats a horrible prediction.

But, its Friday finally and we'll get to play this one out on the field. We'll see what happens.

48minutes
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM

It could very easily be the other way around. Navasota is way more explosive on offense IMO. The only way Caldwell will win is by executing there O and pounding it down the field. I don't see the score being that far apart really, should be a good game. I see it being really close first half, and Navasota staying strong in the second half to get the W.

pirate4state
11-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Who wants to send me text updates on this game? :D

navscanmaster
11-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Unfortunately, I think we will all be at the game cheering. I've got Verizon's National Broadband on my laptop, but I don't really see myself being able to bring it in and keep it on my lap. It can be heard on 1550 AM, but KWBC does not broadcast online. Not that does a Sinton dweller much good!

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Aight, Game Time.....Time for a few drinks before the game...Good Luck Rattlers and Hornets! Navasota fans get there early, be loud, bring noise makers, and don't forget your white towels.....Caldwell, get there early if you plan on getting a seat....Otherwise, you will be paying $8 to sit on Navasota's side.:doh:

pirate4state
11-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Unfortunately, I think we will all be at the game cheering. I've got Verizon's National Broadband on my laptop, but I don't really see myself being able to bring it in and keep it on my lap. It can be heard on 1550 AM, but KWBC does not broadcast online. Not that does a Sinton dweller much good!

thanks - got someone from Caldwell to send me updates.

striker
11-02-2007, 06:03 PM
We will post updates tonight live from Rattler Stadium.

striker
11-02-2007, 06:18 PM

striker
11-02-2007, 06:23 PM

striker
11-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Navasota 7 - Caldwell 0 1st Q. 10:21

striker
11-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Navasota 7 - Caldwell 7 1st Q. 8:58

striker
11-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Navasota 7 - Caldwell 14 - 1st Q 4:26

striker
11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Navasota 7 - Caldwell 21 - 2nd Q. 7:52

striker
11-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Navasota 13 - Caldwell 21 - 2nd Q - 2:07

striker
11-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Navasota 13 - Caldwell 34 - 3rd Q. 10:25

TOPDOG
11-02-2007, 10:10 PM

I got a good laugh out of this posting......If this is over-rated then I hope Caldwell is "over-rated" every week,,,,,ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

orangeblood
11-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Thats a horrible prediction.

But, its Friday finally and we'll get to play this one out on the field. We'll see what happens.

My original pick 43-17

Hmmm... Well I always do a good job picking our offenses score I struggle on our defense, of course if you take away a couple pass interference calls and we have # 45 and #5 in the game we may have shut them down alittle more. But Navasota has a great offense with more talent than they know what to do with. Good luck next week.... oh one more thing Rattlesnake 08 and Rattler Dude hope to see your sig say Caldwell is better than Navasota..
A bet is a bet , I suffered for a whole week with my Giddings bet. Pay up......