PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs Liberty Hill...

Panther One
10-27-2007, 02:19 AM
...could still happen. If both Caldwell and La Grange win out, they'd finish second and third making Giddings the DI representative. Navasota can ruin this scenario, of course, but at this point, it's still a possibility.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
...could still happen. If both Caldwell and La Grange win out, they'd finish second and third making Giddings the DI representative. Navasota can ruin this scenario, of course, but at this point, it's still a possibility.

Navasota will win out, you can quote me on that! Still no respect for the Rattlers, but it doesn't matter. The Giddings Buffaloes definately respects the Rattlers as will the Caldwell Hornets and the La Grange Leopards.

sabre1
10-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Navasota will win out, you can quote me on that! Still no respect for the Rattlers, but it doesn't matter. The Giddings Buffaloes definately respects the Rattlers as will the Caldwell Hornets and the La Grange Leopards.

You can't go around putting words in peoples mouths, not alot of respect for the rattlers in the GTX

And you better climb of your high horse and get ready to play some defense against C-Town, b/c if ya'll let Smithville score 27 ya'll might how a hard time against the Hornets.

sabre1
10-27-2007, 08:17 AM
I think the Giddings v Liberty Hill rematch is over. Rockdale beat Taylor so I think that puts Liberty Hill in D1, I think

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
I think the Giddings v Liberty Hill rematch is over. Rockdale beat Taylor so I think that puts Liberty Hill in D1, I think
Panther One is talking about the possibility of Giddings being DI.

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Liberty Hill does not want a rematch with Giddings, Nothing against Liberty Hill and yes I watched the game last year. But If I had to pick a winner, remember I said if I it would be Giddings and I'm not saying that cause they shut us down. I'm looking from a coaches perspective.

Panther One
10-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Liberty Hill does not want a rematch with Giddings, Nothing against Liberty Hill and yes I watched the game last year. But If I had to pick a winner, remember I said if I it would be Giddings and I'm not saying that cause they shut us down. I'm looking from a coaches perspective.
A coach's perspective? Are you a coach? Have you guys played us this year? Have you even see us play this year? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at least have something to back it up with. I'm pretty sure we can take them again this year and I'll be rooting hard for La Grange and Caldwell so that we get that chance.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Out of simple curiosity, what does last years team have to do with this years team?

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
You can't go around putting words in peoples mouths, not alot of respect for the rattlers in the GTX

And you better climb of your high horse and get ready to play some defense against C-Town, b/c if ya'll let Smithville score 27 ya'll might how a hard time against the Hornets.

If you are putting Giddings, Caldwell, and La Grange in the playoffs, it is infered that you are assuming that the Rattlers would lose to both Caldwell and La Grange for this to happen. The Rattlers allowed Coldspring to score 30 points but the key thing is the Rattlers scored 54. Smithville did score 27, but the Rattlers scored 49. What's your point? Its like comparing apples to oranges. You can't determine the outcome of another game based on how a team played another team. Its all about match ups. Trust me, the Rattlers will be ready as will the band, drill team, and most of all, the 3000+ fans!

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Out of simple curiosity, what does last years team have to do with this years team?

I wonder the same thing at times....

Panther One
10-27-2007, 11:55 AM
If you are putting Giddings, Caldwell, and La Grange in the playoffs, it is infered that you are assuming that the Rattlers would lose to both Caldwell and La Grange for this to happen.
Re-read the original post. I used "if's" and said it's still a possibility. I also said Navasota could ruin that scenario. I didn't assume anything because I didn't predict anything. I just listed one of what is now many possible outcomes, given La Grange's win over Bellville. Right now, Smithville is the only team without a chance at the playoffs. All Navasota has to do is win and they're in, but if, and I repeat, if Caldwell wins Friday, week 10 is going to be pretty interesting.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Re-read the original post. I used "if's" and said it's still a possibility. I also said Navasota could ruin that scenario. I didn't assume anything because I didn't predict anything. I just listed one of what is now many possible outcomes, given La Grange's win over Bellville. Right now, Smithville is the only team without a chance at the playoffs. All Navasota has to do is win and they're in, but if, and I repeat, if Caldwell wins Friday, week 10 is going to be pretty interesting.

Yeah, Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah....Get over it, Giddings versus Liberty Hill is not going to happen.

BobcatBenny
10-27-2007, 12:53 PM
I believe this his how the undefeateds break out for the playoffs.

D1
Gilmer, 8-0
Liberty Hill, 7-0
Royse City, 8-0

D2
Celina, 8-0
Diboll, 8-0
Giddings, 8-0
Graham, 8-0
Rio Hondo, 8-0
Waco LaVega, 8-0

Which is appropriate I suppose since D1 is half the championsip D2 is. :D

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 10:06 PM
A coach's perspective? Are you a coach? Have you guys played us this year? Have you even see us play this year? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at least have something to back it up with. I'm pretty sure we can take them again this year and I'll be rooting hard for La Grange and Caldwell so that we get that chance.

My pick as I said nothing against LH and I hope you get a rematch
but not likely. Lets say I have inside information that Giddings could stop LH's offense..... I would pick LH to win the Division I state championship.

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Giddings/Waco La Vega will be a good matchup in the quarters

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Hemotoxic,
Whats up with Navasota and their gay rule that they don't allow inflatables on the Field..... Do ya'll not have one or what gives, IT's not like they tear up the Field. Hutto has an awesome stadium with plenty seats and they allow inflatables. Just Wondering.....

til' we meet again

Giddings the #1 team in all of 3a land (TEXAS)

Centextrash
10-27-2007, 10:22 PM
My pick as I said nothing against LH and I hope you get a rematch
but not likely. Lets say I have inside information that Giddings could stop LH's offense..... I would pick LH to win the Division I state championship.

Ok????
If they had this "Inside info" wouldn't they have used it last year?
Any way, barring some complete meltdowns.. Giddings vs. LH will not happen. I cannot see Navasota and Liberty Hill losing out.

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 10:22 PM
LH owns Giddings....plain and simple. Enough with this talk.

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Ok????
If they had this "Inside info" wouldn't they have used it last year?
Any way, barring some complete meltdowns.. Giddings vs. LH will not happen. I cannot see Navasota and Liberty Hill losing out.

Didn't have a clue last year.......... LH is good and they will be there in the end.....

Centextrash
10-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Yes it will.... I cannot wait for that one!

rundoe
10-28-2007, 06:35 AM

You might want to ask LH if they had wanted are match or not. The players and coaches I talked to said "sure, why not?"
They didn't seem to be concerned about it from any perspective.

In, fact one said that their were other teams that they felt they might hvae to make more adjustments for than Giddings. Just from a reporters perspective (which in this case I am, cause I asked them.).

rundoe
10-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I believe this his how the undefeateds break out for the playoffs.

D1
Gilmer, 8-0
Liberty Hill, 7-0
Royse City, 8-0

D2
Celina, 8-0
Diboll, 8-0
Giddings, 8-0
Graham, 8-0
Rio Hondo, 8-0
Waco LaVega, 8-0

Which is appropriate I suppose since D1 is half the championsip D2 is. :D

I expect those #'s to change in the next few weeks, Considering D2's schedule.

88bobcats
10-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue

I agree. Giddings shouldn't be so worried about Liberty Hill. I think they're going to have difficulty getting past West Orange-Stark and/or Waco La Vega. The WLV game last year was a shoot-out, and Giddings happened to come out on top of it. A one-touchdown win is still a win; but it's not domination.

I imagine the Parrs and their colleagues would relish the opportunity for payback; but I think they have to get in line behind the Mustangs from WO-S.

gtownfan
10-28-2007, 12:06 PM
It's way too early to be talking about Giddings against Caldwell or even talking about the La Vega or WOS games. Anything can happen before then.

The focus must be on getting out of the regular season with momenteum and no injuries. And then focus on the D-24 opponent. One week at a time!

And I don't think anyone is discounting La Vega or WOS. Those will be tough games (if they even happen).

LH had the upper hand last year, but saying they own Giddings based on one game? That's a stretch. That's like saying Giddings owns La Vega based on one game. You can't base it on one game and in the centex area where teams are moving up/down in classifications, switching districts and regions, it's hard for anyone to make that claim on just a few games every so often.

Does Giddings respect LH, La Vega, WOS or some of the other top teams in 3a (Cuero, Gilmer, Celina, etc.)? Definitely! Hopefully there is a wee bit of respect in return.

buff4life
10-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Hemotoxic,
Whats up with Navasota and their gay rule that they don't allow inflatables on the Field..... Do ya'll not have one or what gives, IT's not like they tear up the Field. Hutto has an awesome stadium with plenty seats and they allow inflatables. Just Wondering.....

til' we meet again

Giddings the #1 team in all of 3a land (TEXAS)

I wondered the exact same thing when we played them...

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2007, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by orangeblood
[B]Hemotoxic,

I'm as clueless as everyone else about that. For some reason, the Administration thinks that it will mess up the 'artificial' turf. :thinking:

buff4life
10-28-2007, 01:27 PM
we put our helmet up outside the fence to show how gay that rule is...

navscanmaster
10-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
we put our helmet up outside the fence to show how gay that rule is...

PC, people, PC. We have to show tolerance for other people's ways. If Navasota administration chooses that lifestyle, then we should support them.:D :rolleyes:

JT44
10-28-2007, 04:10 PM
kind of like bay city isd telling cuero fans to hurry and get in your seats at the half and to sit during the game.

IHStangFan
10-28-2007, 04:31 PM
All of this "Giddings is invincible..nobody wants a piece of them" talk is just silly. LH has been the state champ the last 2 years running. Why wouldn't they "want a pice of Giddings". It's the other way around if anything, Giddings doesn't REALLY want a piece of the 2 time defending state champs. Let's not kid ourselves. Giddings is good no doubt, but they are not ready for LH. I have no invested interest in either team..I am a neutral party trying to apply logic to the equation. Giddings hasn't seen anyone like LH all year. If this game were to be played, I think LH's D would neutralize Fitz and for Giddings to even keep it close they'd have to spread the ball around alot more than they're used to doing...and anyone that knows anything about football knows..if you can force a team to have to abandon their gameplan and improvise then you have a very good chance at beating them because they are having to do things they aren't used to doing to stay in it...which causes mistakes, etc. You see my point.

IHStangFan
10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by orangeblood
[B]Hemotoxic,

I'm as clueless as everyone else about that. For some reason, the Administration thinks that it will mess up the 'artificial' turf. :thinking: static electricity

Ranger Mom
10-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
All of this "Giddings is invincible..nobody wants a piece of them" talk is just silly. LH has been the state champ the last 2 years running. Why wouldn't they "want a pice of Giddings". It's the other way around if anything, Giddings doesn't REALLY want a piece of the 2 time defending state champs. Let's not kid ourselves. Giddings is good no doubt, but they are not ready for LH. I have no invested interest in either team..I am a neutral party trying to apply logic to the equation. Giddings hasn't seen anyone like LH all year. If this game were to be played, I think LH's D would neutralize Fitz and for Giddings to even keep it close they'd have to spread the ball around alot more than they're used to doing...and anyone that knows anything about football knows..if you can force a team to have to abandon their gameplan and improvise then you have a very good chance at beating them because they are having to do things they aren't used to doing to stay in it...which causes mistakes, etc. You see my point.

Two time defending State Champs???:thinking:

pirate4state
10-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Two time defending State Champs???:thinking: hahaha he got carried away ;)

Ranger Mom
10-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahaha he got carried away ;)

I guess so!! He said it twice!!:D

LHPfactory
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
No, he is just counting this year in ad-Vance....(pun intended). ;)

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Why are we even talking about this matchup...

buff4life
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

the stuff Caldwell say about Giddings is because they lost a bet to Casey...whether they really think or not is up to them..

WOS1
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
I agree. Giddings shouldn't be so worried about Liberty Hill. I think they're going to have difficulty getting past West Orange-Stark and/or Waco La Vega. The WLV game last year was a shoot-out, and Giddings happened to come out on top of it. A one-touchdown win is still a win; but it's not domination.

I imagine the Parrs and their colleagues would relish the opportunity for payback; but I think they have to get in line behind the Mustangs from WO-S.

Glad someone isn't forgetting about the team from SE Texas. Giddings better quit worrying about LH and start developing a passing game. You ain't going to make a living running against this years WOS defense.

Darren
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Glad someone isn't forgetting about the team from SE Texas. Giddings better quit worrying about LH and start developing a passing game. You ain't going to make a living running against this years WOS defense.

WOS is as good as always... but we heard the same thing last year.

WOS1
10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
We weren't bad on defense last year, but were a little soft in the middle at times. Even then, we only gave up 21 points to the Buffs and barely 100 yards to Fitzhenry. You will not get it this year running the ball. Teams that have had any success against us this year have had to throw to sustain drives. If you can't, you will not move the ball consistently.