PDA

View Full Version : La Vega 56 Gatesville 6

JR2004
10-27-2007, 01:48 AM
http://www.wacotrib.com/prep/content/sports/highschools/stories/2007/10/27/10272007wacLVGatesville.html

Saturday, October 27, 2007

In Gatesville, the Parr brothers helped keep the Pirates perfect.

Chris Parr rushed for 99 yards on nine carries and caught two touchdown passes as Courtney Parr rushed for 53 yards and a score and also caught a TD pass for seventh-ranked La Vega (8-0, 3-0 District 17-3A).

Pirates quarterback Danzel Wilson completed eight of 12 passes for 146 yards and four TDs.

Cody Wilson had an eight-yard TD run for Gatesville (2-6, 1-2).

LV (1st): Courtney Parr 14 run (Eddy Gonzalez kick); LV (2nd): Danzel Wilson 1 run (Gonzalez kick); LV (2nd): Courtney Parr 41 pass from Wilson (Gonzalez kick); LV (2nd): Chris Parr 4 pass from Wilson (Gonzalez kick); LV (3rd): Justin Fuller 23 pass from Wilson (Gonzalez kick); LV (3rd): Chris Parr 10 pass from Wilson (Gonzalez kick); LV (3rd): Chad Ward 3 run (Gonzalez kick); G (4th): Cody Kilgore 8 run (kick failed); LV (4th): Matthew Nesbitt 55 run (Gonzalez kick).

Swarm 51
10-27-2007, 11:48 PM
J.R., the Pirates are everything and more you hear and read about them. Don't be too surprised if they go deep, if not all the way, in the playoffs. And, they now play very disciplined ball and show good sportsmanship, which is something that was missing in the 90's and early 2000. Even though they took the Horents to the wood shed last night, I am proud for Coach Williams and his staff.

JR2004
10-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Swarm 51
J.R., the Pirates are everything and more you hear and read about them. Don't be too surprised if they go deep, if not all the way, in the playoffs. And, they now play very disciplined ball and show good sportsmanship, which is something that was missing in the 90's and early 2000. Even though they took the Horents to the wood shed last night, I am proud for Coach Williams and his staff.

I hear they are really, really good this year. La Vega has always puzzled me. Even when Gatesville was beating them I always kinda had the thought in the back of my mind that if they could just get some guys in there to light a fire under their rear end and get them to play everyone like they played Gatesville they'd have one of the state's best teams.

They just have too many talented players every year not to be a playoff team at the very least. Looks like Coach Williams has brought in some good assistants the last few years and things are looking really good for the Pirates. I'm honestly hoping to see them make it to the state championship game this year.

Too bad that Gatesville couldn't give them a better game this year, but hopefully things will get better down there over the next couple or three years. They may not be winning much right now, but I'm sure they're still playing hard each and every week.