PDA

View Full Version : Giddings the best team in 3a still.

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Give your coaches an A+ for stopping our offense.
Giddings Quarterback gets an A+
Giddings Defense gets an A++
Nice job Giddings Hope to see you in the State Semi final game on some neutral turf.

Also I'd like to commend your helmet crew on allowing us to plug ours up to the power.. They came and offered, first class on that.

peace out good luck glad that one is over..

Signed: Giddings the best team in 3A

buff4ever
10-27-2007, 12:31 AM
that would be the quarter finals, and I would expect to meet you guys there, enjoy the ride your boys can take you on.

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
that would be the quarter finals, and I would expect to meet you guys there, enjoy the ride your boys can take you on.

Thanks..... How about LaGrange knocking off Bellville.... Sweat....

JR2004
10-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Well since that's settled let's just go ahead and skip to the Quarterfinals, cancel any other possible playoff games and get this rematch underway!

buff4life
10-27-2007, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Nice job Giddings Hope to see you in the State Semi final game on some neutral turf.

Also I'd like to commend your helmet crew on allowing us to plug ours up to the power.. They came and offered, first class on that.

you were on the Caldwell helmet crew??

i was down there by the Giddings helmet and helped with the music for a while, i was the "younger' kid in the leather jacket iof you have a clue...lol..

Caldwell has a good team by the way...

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
leather jacket iof you have a clue...lol..

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/fonz.jpg
^^^^buff4life wants to be the fonz

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well since that's settled let's just go ahead and skip to the Quarterfinals, cancel any other possible playoff games and get this rematch underway!
Quarterfinals? Didn't you read the title? They're they BEST - give them their rings now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gtownfan
10-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Quarterfinals? Didn't you read the title? They're they BEST - give them their rings now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Obviously, you missed that Orangeblood (a Caldwell poster) was paying back a bet he lost!!!

No one from Giddings stated that here!

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Obviously, you missed that Orangeblood (a Caldwell poster) was paying back a bet he lost!!!

No one from Giddings stated that here!
No, I didn't miss it. I was being sarcastic. :p

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 09:20 AM

That is lost on so many here....huh Deb?:p

injuredinmelee
10-27-2007, 09:31 AM
there might be some rings you could go ahead and buy that gilmer didnt get to use last year...

Just had to throw that in. I know it was a lost bet post but i thought it was funny.

BILLYFRED0000
10-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't know if that is lost on so many or if so many are just lost.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I don't know if that is lost on so many or if so many are just lost.

That could be it too!!:thinking:

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 10:41 AM

Hey I started this thread and I am from Caldwell. I lost a bet. So I'm giving them their due. But they are better than what I thought, they are coached very well. So kudos to their coaches and of course their players.

Giddings is the best team in 3a...... they deserve their #1 ranking

Til we meet again.......

Panther One
10-27-2007, 11:37 AM
If Giddings and Caldwell do wind up as the two DII representatives and both win their first two playoff games, they would each likely face tough third round matchups with Caldwell facing Diboll and Giddings matching up with La Vega. In the current playoff picture, Caldwell would actually have the easier path to the regional finals, since LH is locked into DI now. But, there's a lot of football left to be played. Caldwell still has to earn their playoff spot, so we can't really assume anything at this point.

X Man
10-27-2007, 10:45 PM
I take it yall are not even vaguely worried about WOS?

Old Tiger
10-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by X Man
I take it yall are not even vaguely worried about WOS? Who?:p

griff
10-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Who?:p

Yeah, XMan, how dare you conjure up the thought of a challenge to the mighty Giddings. All other teams are mere dust particles on the path of the Buffaloes stampede to a guaranteed state title. :rolleyes:

I hope their team has the same attitude as Go Blue.

By the way...where is Rockdale?

LoveTheHornets
10-28-2007, 10:02 AM

We have to get past the "Caldwell Curse" first--we have never made it past the second round of playoffs, not even with the great team we had in 1994. Of course, our area game that year was against Cuero . . .

Anyway, this team can be the one that breaks the CURSE!

orangeblood
10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by LoveTheHornets
We have to get past the "Caldwell Curse" first--we have never made it past the second round of playoffs, not even with the great team we had in 1994. Of course, our area game that year was against Cuero . . .

Anyway, this team can be the one that breaks the CURSE!

What is this about a curse. If you don't believe in a curse their can't be a curse. And didn't Caldwell make it to Regionals in 80 or 81?

WOS1
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I've been reading about these state final, semifinal, and quarter final appearances for the last week or so. I'm so glad they have already earned their spot in the 3rd round (at least). Should make for some GREAT bulletin board material.

buff4life
10-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Yeah, I've been reading about these state final, semifinal, and quarter final appearances for the last week or so. I'm so glad they have already earned their spot in the 3rd round (at least). Should make for some GREAT bulletin board material.

have there been ONE Giddings poster that has said that??

please show me one...

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 02:40 AM
have there been ONE Giddings poster that has said that??

please show me one... its been implied more than once as well as Navasota fans doing the same...talking about who they'd meet in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as if it was already fact. Fact of the matter is...none of us knows who will even BE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds till the 1st and 2nd rounds are over. Hell..some of us still have to secure a spot in the playoffs first in districts that are more balanced than others. Some teams clinch several weeks before the end of the season.... Some do not. Let's all give it a rest and see how the rest of our seasons play out first. At any rate, I feel there will be some great matchups in the playoffs as well as some disappointments/shockers. Will be interesting to see play out. Good luck to all! :)

navscanmaster
10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
its been implied more than once as well as Navasota fans doing the same...talking about who they'd meet in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as if it was already fact. Fact of the matter is...none of us knows who will even BE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds till the 1st and 2nd rounds are over. Hell..some of us still have to secure a spot in the playoffs first in districts that are more balanced than others. Some teams clinch several weeks before the end of the season.... Some do not. Let's all give it a rest and see how the rest of our seasons play out first. At any rate, I feel there will be some great matchups in the playoffs as well as some disappointments/shockers. Will be interesting to see play out. Good luck to all! :)

I agree, but I don't recall any of our guys talking about the postseason and who we would play. I remember a little trash talking about district 24 being weak, but that was all it was, trash talk. I don't get goaded into that stuff. I try to play the diplomat most of the time on this board. I am a member of other forums on different hobbies where people just poke out their cyber-chests and type trash to each other until the good members just get tired of all of it and stop posting and reading. I seriously hope the downlow doesn't go that far. I can't speak for the other Navasota guys, but I can promise you we are more down to earth than it may appear. We are as famous for early playoff exits as Caldwell is, not much to brag about.

hookandladder
10-31-2007, 08:24 AM

So what are you saying, just because LH won state last year you think the road to a state championship goes thru LH now.

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
So what are you saying, just because LH won state last year you think the road to a state championship goes thru LH now. last year AND the year before that too. So it would appear that it might. :D

hookandladder
10-31-2007, 08:32 AM
last year AND the year before that too. So it would appear that it might. :D

I was not aware LH won back to back State Championships.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2007, 08:32 AM

See everyone, it's not that hard to have class on a football message board. ;)

Texasfootball2
10-31-2007, 08:35 AM
I hope that orangeblood didn't just give Giddings the kiss of death. "Gilmer" 2006! This sounds like the same song that people were singing this time last year.

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2007, 08:47 AM
So what are you saying, just because LH won state last year you think the road to a state championship goes thru LH now.
Until someone beats us this season, sure...why not? :)

But, to answer your question - NO, I was not saying that at all. IT WAS SARCASM......

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
I was not aware LH won back to back State Championships. I stand corrected...I could have sworn I read that somewhere, then after I posted it, something told me "go back and check" and no...they did not...but still. They are the defending champs and don't look like they've lost a step. They are the champs until someone unseats them.

rundoe
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
In fact. You have not heard much about LH on here at all. Other than the ealier talk of a rematch with Giddings. After that went away talk of LH is pretty quiet I'd say.

hookandladder
10-31-2007, 09:07 AM

But, to answer your question - NO, I was not saying that at all. IT WAS SARCASM......

When and if you ever make a run like Sealy did a few years ago you might be able to make a comment like that. We won State in 2000 and runnerup the next year, that did not compare to what Sealy accomplished. I was lucky enough to coach the QB for Sealy in Summer Baseball ( Helped us to a World Series) when they were having their run in State Chapionships. Great competitor.

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 09:16 AM
When and if you ever make a run like Sealy did a few years ago you might be able to make a comment like that. We won State in 2000 and runnerup the next year, that did not compare to what Sealy accomplished. I was lucky enough to coach the QB for Sealy in Summer Baseball ( Helped us to a World Series) when they were having their run in State Chapionships. Great competitor. 94-97 correct? That was a great group of kids. Seems like there is alot of premature playoff talk this year. I like to speculate as much as anyone else as to who might play who and whatnot, but in all honesty, who knows right? Let's keep it civil guys and gals. :)

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2007, 10:30 AM
When and if you ever make a run like Sealy did a few years ago you might be able to make a comment like that. We won State in 2000 and runnerup the next year, that did not compare to what Sealy accomplished. I was lucky enough to coach the QB for Sealy in Summer Baseball ( Helped us to a World Series) when they were having their run in State Chapionships. Great competitor.
You dragged Liberty Hill into this, not me. :rolleyes:

rundoe
10-31-2007, 11:58 AM
I'll repeat myself, LH has been pretty quiet on this board. No one has been bragging, nor putting anyone else down.

Posts like crazy from a lot of people about 2nd third round etc etc. We have remained quiet.

When our time comes, You'll hear from us.

In the meantime, uncalled shots are not appropriate. :cool:

buff4life
10-31-2007, 12:53 PM
its been implied more than once as well as Navasota fans doing the same...talking about who they'd meet in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as if it was already fact. Fact of the matter is...none of us knows who will even BE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds till the 1st and 2nd rounds are over. Hell..some of us still have to secure a spot in the playoffs first in districts that are more balanced than others. Some teams clinch several weeks before the end of the season.... Some do not. Let's all give it a rest and see how the rest of our seasons play out first. At any rate, I feel there will be some great matchups in the playoffs as well as some disappointments/shockers. Will be interesting to see play out. Good luck to all! :)

no those threads were started by OTHER people, no one from Giddings has said anything about the postseason...

hookandladder
10-31-2007, 12:53 PM

Who dragged LH into this, you might want to reread thread before you post. Might help.

buff4life
10-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I hope that orangeblood didn't just give Giddings the kiss of death. "Gilmer" 2006! This sounds like the same song that people were singing this time last year.

he's only saying that because he lost a bet, not because he means it...

Texasfootball2
10-31-2007, 12:55 PM

I kind of figured that out later on. Sorry man!:thumbsup:

buff4life
10-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I kind of figured that out later on. Sorry man!:thumbsup:

no prob :cool:

rundoe
10-31-2007, 01:19 PM
no those threads were started by OTHER people, no one from Giddings has said anything about the postseason...

I didn't accuse anyone from Giddings from starting anything...

buff4life
10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
I didn't accuse anyone from Giddings from starting anything...

Did i even quote you? I wasn't even talking to you...

rundoe
10-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Did i even quote you? I wasn't even talking to you...

There are other people on this board too you know. Just making sure they are kept informed.

Someone missed his nap today.

buff4life
10-31-2007, 04:35 PM
There are other people on this board too you know. Just making sure they are kept informed.

Someone missed his nap today.

damn right i did...went to bed at 3 had class at 9...

orangeblood
10-31-2007, 04:38 PM

Hey as far as I'm Concerned Giddings is the best team in 3a they are the only team that has beat us ( not saying much yet )..
So although I lost a bet, Right now I will say Giddings is the best team in 3a until somebody does something about it........My opinion only please do not worry yourself to much with what I'm saying.......It will have to be proven on the football field, but for now everthing points that Giddings is the real deal.......

Snydertigersrul
10-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey as far as I'm Concerned Giddings is the best team in 3a they are the only team that has beat us ( not saying much yet )..
So although I lost a bet, Right now I will say Giddings is the best team in 3a until somebody does something about it........My opinion only please do not worry yourself to much with what I'm saying.......It will have to be proven on the football field, but for now everthing points that Giddings is the real deal.......

Don't forget about the Snyder Tigers, the best 6-2 team in the state.

rundoe
10-31-2007, 05:38 PM
damn right i did...went to bed at 3 had class at 9...

Then you need to get some sleep and get off here for a while.. Take two asperin and call me in the morning.

buff4life
10-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Then you need to get some sleep and get off here for a while.. Take two asperin and call me in the morning.

Two asperin do nothing for me anymore...i'll have to stick to 2 Vicaden or however you spell it...

but alas i can't, Halloween tonight...BIG PARTY :D :D :D

rundoe
10-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Thanks for pointing out that "it's your opinion."

Stownhorse
10-31-2007, 09:22 PM
A little birdy told me they didnt look like the #1 team in the state.

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Two top 10 teams play and one doesn't win by as much as people think they should. Does that mean they are over-rated, no. Does it mean they don't look like the #1 team in the state, no. Both of those teams were really good and deserved to be ranked where they were. Caldwell played great defense as they always have in years past.

kepdawg
10-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Two top 10 teams play and one doesn't win by as much as people think they should. Does that mean they are over-rated, no. Does it mean they don't look like the #1 team in the state, no. Both of those teams were really good and deserved to be ranked where they were. Caldwell played great defense as they always have in years past.

Did somebody else sign in under your name? :thinking:

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Did somebody else sign in under your name? :thinking: Nope.

kepdawg
10-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Nope.

Ok

That just seemed out of character

Old Tiger
10-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Ok

That just seemed out of character Depends on which character ya get. There is either sarcastic me or research me.

rundoe
10-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
A little birdy told me they didnt look like the #1 team in the state.

no comment

rundoe
10-31-2007, 10:59 PM

Thats why we love High School Football. Good teams have flat nights and teams that arn't supposed to be good, play like the Packers. :cool:

rundoe
10-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Two asperin do nothing for me anymore...i'll have to stick to 2 Vicaden or however you spell it...

but alas i can't, Halloween tonight...BIG PARTY :D :D :D

Then i'll expect the grumpy you tomorrow

Stownhorse
10-31-2007, 11:17 PM
no comment

:clap: :clap:

sabre1
11-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Implied and someone from Giddings actually saying it are two different things.
Everyone in Giddings knows that the road in the playoffs is going to be tough because of WOS and La Vega. Believe me no one has overlooked any body. In fact most people are hoping for Navasota to lose out(sorry Navasota no offnese just looking out for what is best for us) so we can go D1.

Old Tiger
11-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Isn't La Vega d1?

Panther One
11-01-2007, 12:12 AM
No. Either Robinson or Connally will go DI out of district 17.

buff4life
11-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Then i'll expect the grumpy you tomorrow

EXTRA GRUMPY!!! :mad: :D :mad:

29-3aFAN
11-01-2007, 12:54 AM
And then there is Liberty Hill. What are they?