PDA

View Full Version : Jasper thing...

Gobbla2001
10-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Good communication between the teacher and coaches during the game...

But, if the computers were down, do it the way it used to be done!

Just because your phone was disconnected doesn't mean you don't call your mom to tell her happy birthday... Get off your butt and do it the old way, it'll help you in the long run!

The One
10-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Well said Gobbla,

There is no excuse for what happenend!

numberonefan
10-21-2002, 10:04 PM
I would think with the high expectations for Jasper this year, everyone would be even more aware of who was playing and would make sure the coaches knew the kid was failing. I hear the Jasper pep rallies are awesome. That means anyone who goes knows who is on the football team even if they don't go to the games.

Gobbla2001
10-21-2002, 10:13 PM
It's one of those things that 'just' happens, it's not like the coaches said 'Hey, let's just get what we can outta this kid while no one knows he's not allowed to be out there right now..'... It just slipped their minds, which is not something that should happen... The coaches and players have their minds on football and a state championship right now, so you can't really say they're classless and didn't deserve their win!

The coaches most likely expected teachers with failing athletes to report it, hell, here in Cuero the coaches basically get daily progress reports... All it took was a teacher or office aid to walk a little letter out to the field house, and if that didn't happen, all the AD/HC had to do was get his sec. or whoever to stick a letter in every teacher's box asking for the names of their failing athletes...

S#!+ Happens, but smart people go the extra mile to prevent it, I'm sure this will never happen again in Jasper!