PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport 24 Argyle 10

Bull
10-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Way to go Bulls

:D

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Heck of a win... Argyle was shut out in the second half.

lion75
10-27-2007, 11:45 AM
That's a good job. I don't think most people expected that.

VWG
10-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Uh-oh... here come the Bulls. Could this be their start to kickoff a winning streak? Historically, you gotta watch them when they hit stride.
Argyle is my sleeper team to win Region I, D-2.
Their quarterback is a really good player. Sounds like the Bulls had them blanketed all night.

lion75
10-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Argyle is my sleeper team to win Region I, D-2.
They would probably play Clyde first, then Vernon, then Snyder, then Graham. I don't think they can run that gauntlet successfully, with no disrespect to them.

wtxfootball08
10-28-2007, 11:45 AM
I thought Argyle was supposed to be the tougher team in district 8-3a Whats the scoop on this game

Cameron Crazy
10-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Great win bulls. Keep it going.:clap: :clap:

VWG
10-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
I thought Argyle was supposed to be the tougher team in district 8-3a Whats the scoop on this game

anybody got game info?

BullsFan
10-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by VWG
anybody got game info?

Slpybear caught the first half. I stayed home with the three little slpybears 'cause slpy and Mrs. slpy had other commitments. But we have a DVD of the game coming. And from what little I know, the officiating was horrible, Bridgeport's D really stepped up and took care of business, and the offense made the most of their chances. If I was just guessing, I might think that Argyle might have been looking past us at Decatur and got a little bit of a surprise. But I also believe this is one of the best Bulls teams we've fielded since we went to the state semi-finals a few years ago.

VWG
10-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Slpybear caught the first half. I stayed home with the three little slpybears 'cause slpy and Mrs. slpy had other commitments. But we have a DVD of the game coming. And from what little I know, the officiating was horrible, Bridgeport's D really stepped up and took care of business, and the offense made the most of their chances. If I was just guessing, I might think that Argyle might have been looking past us at Decatur and got a little bit of a surprise. But I also believe this is one of the best Bulls teams we've fielded since we went to the state semi-finals a few years ago.

Speaking of that team... where is Phil Daugherty now?

Bull
10-28-2007, 09:53 PM
I know Argyle had 201 yards passing and minus 38 rushing, The Bulls picked off 4 passes and recovered 2 fumbles, and shut out Argyle in the second half. The Bulls started players both ways which should have done long before now. Your best players need to be playing instead of watching from the sidelines........One heck of a defensive game....

BullsFan
10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull
The Bulls started players both ways which should have done long before now.

If I've heard that once this season, I'll bet I've heard it 15 times. You are not the only one who believes that, and judging by Friday night's results, you are all quite correct. Sure made a believer out of me.

As to where Philip Daugherty is now, I honestly don't know. He went to Tech and I don't think things worked out, and then I think he transferred to Sam Houston or Stephen F Austin or some other smaller school. I don't remember hearing anything past that, but slpy would know better than me.

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Argyle was shut out from the 1st qtr. on...

Heck of a good game played by the D... just waiting to watch the game film now.

firstdown
10-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Bridgeport spanked our Butt. I was there and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Great game by the Bulls. Perhaps the worst officiated game I have seen all year however I don't think it had any effect on the outcome.

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2007, 11:07 PM
From what I have heard, I have to agree FirstDown... lots of comments about how poor the crew was. I don't think it had any affect on the outcome either.

Good luck next week against Decatur!!!!!

And for the first time I guess I can say, GO EAGLES! LOL...

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Perhaps the worst officiated game I have seen all year however I don't think it had any effect on the outcome.

See thread I started with game film...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=925282#post925282

VWG
10-30-2007, 08:19 AM
So how does the first/second place for D-II in this district play out for the Eagles and Bulls?

slpybear the bullfan
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
If Argyle wins against Decatur and then Bulls and both Eagles win out...

Then Decatur is Div I... Bulls are 1st Seed, and Argyle is 2nd Seed in Div II.

The district championship would go into a three way tie and hit the tiebreakers.

If Decatur wins against Argyle and then all three win out, then the seedings are still the same but Decatur is outright district champ.

wtxfootball08
10-31-2007, 08:34 AM
so no matter what argyle has playoff birth correct?

Texasfootball2
10-31-2007, 08:45 AM
so no matter what argyle has playoff birth correct?

Clyde will either play Argyle or Bridgport in the first round, depending on how the last couple of weaks shake out. The only thing going against Clyde is that they play Comanche this week and then their open the last week. Three weeks will have almost gone by before they play a tough game of any significants. If Slaughter can keep them focus for that length of time, Clyde should be fine. I think they have a chance to make a good playoff run if they can survive the first round.

slpybear the bullfan
10-31-2007, 01:05 PM
so no matter what argyle has playoff birth correct? I don't think so... I think a win this week guarantees a birth... same for Bridgeport.