PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Donkey Stomps Bellville

Pudlugger
10-26-2007, 11:28 PM
:D j/k.

It was close the whole game even when the Leps were up 35-19 the Bulls never gave up and drove the ball. This was a big win for the Leps having last beaten Bellville way back in 2000, the year we won State.

Great game Leps! You lead the whole game. Despite the 13 point swing on those two penalties in the 2nd quarter, you never gave up. The Lep defense stopped the Bulls on two occasions in the red zone and the offense played with poise. #34 Dockery made outstanding catches with good yards after catch as well. This was the first game the Offense and Defense put it together. Their was very hard hitting on both sides of the ball but I must say the Lep D really put the wood to the big Bull running back Nunn a couple of times, once causing a crucial fumble inside the 15 and preventing a go ahead score.

The Leps will need to come down from their high and play well against an improved Smithville team to stay in the hunt for the playoffs. Great game Leps. Hats off to Bellville for good sportsmanship and hard play.

Darren
10-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

It was close the whole game even when the Leps were up 35-19 the Bulls never gave up and drove the ball. This was a big win for the Leps having last beaten Bellville way back in 2000, the year we won State.

Great game Leps! You lead the whole game. Despite the 13 point swing on those two penalties in the 2nd quarter, you never gave up. The Lep defense stopped the Bulls on two occasions in the red zone and the offense played with poise. #34 Dockery made outstanding catches with good yards after catch as well. This was the first game the Offense and Defense put it together. Their was very hard hitting on both sides of the ball but I must say the Lep D really put the wood to the big Bull running back Nunn a couple of times, once causing a crucial fumble inside the 15 and preventing a go ahead score.

The Leps will need to come down from their high and play well against an improved Smithville team to stay in the hunt for the playoffs. Great game Leps. Hats off to Bellville for good sportsmanship and hard play.

What will it take for LG to make the playoffs?

18handicap
10-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I would assume if the Leps beat Smithville and Navasota, they would be in at 3-2.

zebrablue2
10-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I would assume if the Leps beat Smithville and Navasota, they would be in at 3-2.

should beat s-ville. that would make the match-up against the rattlers for the 3-spot.

Rattlesnake_08
10-27-2007, 01:30 AM
I am not trying to take anything away from La Grange by any means, but still this seems like an uncharacteristic loss by Bellville. What happened to them?

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
should beat s-ville. that would make the match-up against the rattlers for the 3-spot.

Are you already predicting a Caldwell Hornet win over the Rattlers?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Hats off to Bellville for good sportsmanship and hard play.

Pud you are a real Jack, were is your sportsmanship? Donkey Stomps? You beat a bunch of Sophmores, that were very unprepeared for the game and you make it sound like you beat the best team in the state, Bellvillle is not the same team it has been the past 10 years, after many Sr. starters quit this year. Before you call it a Donkey Stomping, you need to realize if it were not for Bellville, La Grange would have not made the play-offs last year! Just remember this JV team from Bellville you Donkey Stomped this year, will be back the next 2 years!
Enjoy your next game vs Smithville, because there is no way the team that Donkey Stomped Bellville will beat Navasota!

sabre1
10-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Dang Pud, sounds like you made someone mad.

sabre1
10-27-2007, 08:26 AM
I well agree with them through, B-ville may take some lumps this year, but I think they they will be back strong next year.

Unless you get a bunch of your senior startes to next year as well!!!!

allforball
10-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Pud you are a real Jack, were is your sportsmanship? Donkey Stomps? You beat a bunch of Sophmores, that were very unprepeared for the game and you make it sound like you beat the best team in the state, Bellvillle is not the same team it has been the past 10 years, after many Sr. starters quit this year. Before you call it a Donkey Stomping, you need to realize if it were not for Bellville, La Grange would have not made the play-offs last year! Just remember this JV team from Bellville you Donkey Stomped this year, will be back the next 2 years!
Enjoy your next game vs Smithville, because there is no way the team that Donkey Stomped Bellville will beat Navasota!

Just because you have 10 sophs. on your varsity does not make you a young team and do not start. That just tells me you have a weak upper class. Giddings has aleast 6 sophs and freshmen and some start or play, does that make them a young team. Bellville will not be any better next year than they are this year. Teams and towns go thru cycles, Bellville is in a down cycle. If you think Bellville will beat us in 2 years, I for one am willing to bet they will not. So remember when you are ready to place a bet, you know who to call. LG defense did dominate Bellville offense, bottom line.

KL3
10-27-2007, 10:14 AM
allforball, Bellville does not have a weak Sr. class. The fact is that their starting 2 RB's, Chaney and Nunn, who also would have started at S and DE, quit and moved. The #1 WR quit, and the #2 WR who also would have started at the other starting safety quit as well. Those are 4 of the best 6-7 players on the team that aren't playing, including their best player Chaney.

And as for those young Giddings players, Bellville's freshman last year dominated the Giddings freshman so I wouldn't give Giddings the edge there. Of course Giddings isn't a young team, they are mostly juniors and seniors on that team, and all of their best players are seniors.

As for your comment Bellville won't be any better next year, you couldn't be more wrong. Bellville has only 6 senior starters this year I believe and their J.V. is 7-1 and the freshman are 8-0. Next year in this district, it will be a battle between Bellville and Navasota for 1st place, no doubt about it. And if you still believe Bellville is in a "down cycle", take a look at the 7th and 8th Grade A teams who are both 7-0.

So if I were you, I would enjoy this rare win over Bellville and not look for too many more in the near future. It might be another 7 year span like it was until last night.

Pudlugger
10-27-2007, 10:15 AM

j/k= just kidding :doh:

Former, I was just poking ya in the eye with a sharp stick, why are you so angry LOL? Seriously, I thought my post gave props to the Bulls. The Thread title was just to stir the pot a little. I agree the Bulls will be better next year, but I don't think they are bad now. You seem to think because a fired up Lep team outplayed them that they are not up to snuff. I just think the Leps are a much better team than most everybody who has been posting here has thought. Now they need to re-think their assessments. You should too. Don't settle on the notion that your team is not good, rather give credit to the LG players who played a superb game. Peace be with you.:)

KL3
10-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh, and as for Pudlugger and his title for his post, that doesn't surprise me in the least. He's been that way for several years now on the downlow.

buff4ever
10-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't know how directed who means to be, but here is my opinion on most of the discussion.

On the talk about sophmores and giddings doing it too, there is one big difference. Giddings has moved up some sophmores and a freshman that were ready and can play at the varsity level. Giddings has a very good senior base that leads the team. Bellville was forced by some very good seniors quitting to move up some sophmores that may or may not be ready for the varsity level, especially w/o the seniors leading. I would hate to think what giddings would be like w/o brock, dock, locke, duncan, socha and jenke. Giddings will reload next year w/ their young talent as will bellville return to form, but giddings nor bellville could do it this year w/o the senior leadership.

The LG team plays w/ a lot of energy and determination, it has won some this year, kept them in some this year, and been far from enough sometimes this year. LG is a team that on any given night can play over their head and surprise you if you are not on your best game.

Pudlugger
10-27-2007, 10:45 AM
It was a joke. Geesh :doh:

Bellville played hard and should not be faulted, but the Leps were outstanding last night. If it weren't for one or two penalties (chop block on a td called back, then pass interference on a Lep interception on the next series allowing for a continuation of a Bull drive resulting in 6 Bellville points) there would have been an additional 13 point spread in the score. The Leps beat a very good Bellville team (5-2 going in) plain and simple. Give them credit. Sorry if my humor offended y'all but it has been some time since the Leps have had bragging rights to this game and a little irrational exuberance got the best of me I guess.:)

KL3
10-27-2007, 10:52 AM
there would have been an additional 13 point spread in the score.

I wasn't at the game so I'm going by what I was told. Didn't Bellville have several fumbles as well, including at least 1 deep in LG territory?

Did you factor that in to your "additional 13 point spread" pudlugger?

allforball
10-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by KL3
allforball, Bellville does not have a weak Sr. class. The fact is that their starting 2 RB's, Chaney and Nunn, who also would have started at S and DE, quit and moved. The #1 WR quit, and the #2 WR who also would have started at the other starting safety quit as well. Those are 4 of the best 6-7 players on the team that aren't playing, including their best player Chaney.

And as for those young Giddings players, Bellville's freshman last year dominated the Giddings freshman so I wouldn't give Giddings the edge there. Of course Giddings isn't a young team, they are mostly juniors and seniors on that team, and all of their best players are seniors.

As for your comment Bellville won't be any better next year, you couldn't be more wrong. Bellville has only 6 senior starters this year I believe and their J.V. is 7-1 and the freshman are 8-0. Next year in this district, it will be a battle between Bellville and Navasota for 1st place, no doubt about it. And if you still believe Bellville is in a "down cycle", take a look at the 7th and 8th Grade A teams who are both 7-0.

So if I were you, I would enjoy this rare win over Bellville and not look for too many more in the near future. It might be another 7 year span like it was until last night.

"Bellville does not have a weak Senior class" ...... "Bellville only has 6 Senior starters this year." A little contradiction there KL3. I would think 6 returning Senior starters would constitue a pretty weak Senior class!

As far as losing so many Seniors to quitting, I heard their work ethic and committment was lacking. My guess, not too talented (again weak Senior class), and couldn't handle underclassmen being better than them. LG/Bellvile match up will be a good one the next couple of years. I believe this years win for LG was a huge confidence booster for the next couple of years. Go LG!!!

Bull's-eye
10-27-2007, 11:27 AM
What a Jack! First time that I have been to LG for a football game. I really liked the atmosphere and tradition that came with playing at one of the older stadiums. The LG people were very friendly, especially the workers at the visitor concession stands. It looked like a few fans had fell off the LG Bandwagon, as the home stands didn't looked quite as packed as the should be. Give credit to the LG defense, they took away Bellville's strength (running game) and their offense had a perfect game plan to attack a weak Bellville pass defense. Bellville has been in a steady nose-dive since the first of the season and aren't the typical Bellville team of the past few years. I thought the younger players would keep improving, but it has been the total opposite. I guess the lack of Sr. leadership is really hurting this team. I just hope those returning and upcoming players remember the words "Donkey stomps".

bvillebrahma010
10-27-2007, 01:08 PM
as a sophmore on the bellville varsity football team, i think i would have a little say so in this. I am about sick and tired of people saying that our senior class is weak! i dont care what you say, but when your a senior and you have 5 of the peolpe you have been starting beside since your 7 grade year, i think it would take a little wind out of your sail. All's you can do is amagine at what the bellville brahma football team would be like with Chaney, Abbs, Ledbetter, Trahan, Sconyers, and Ayala! this team would be unstoppable. i want to see Dock from Giddings go up against the big brick of muscle, Byron Abbs. you can not stop him! of course due to family issues, he had to move. And, Chaney is being recruited by the top track schools in the nation. I know if i was a trackster like chaney, i would have made the same decision.
Now, as Bellville's sophmores class goes, we have 3 starting linebackers. i understand hackemack has been ill for two weeks, but Jackson has filled in admirably. two interceptions and 25 tackles in two weeks. the kid is a haus. runnels still runs like hes a sophmore. he will not step up to the next level and take the challenge. Houston, who is averaging about 20 yards a run at f-back is a BEAST! browning, the second team fullback behind the one and only garret nunn, will be the heart and soul of the brahma offense in two years. La Grange's underclassmen, along with Giddings and Navasota, do not have the talent like BEllville does. if we could keep these kids playing the game, i think you just might possibly have a top 5 ranked team in the state within the next two years. we wont mention bellville's freshman and junior high classses though.

Pudlugger
10-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
as a sophmore on the bellville varsity football team, i think i would have a little say so in this. I am about sick and tired of people saying that our senior class is weak! i dont care what you say, but when your a senior and you have 5 of the peolpe you have been starting beside since your 7 grade year, i think it would take a little wind out of your sail. All's you can do is amagine at what the bellville brahma football team would be like with Chaney, Abbs, Ledbetter, Trahan, Sconyers, and Ayala! this team would be unstoppable. i want to see Dock from Giddings go up against the big brick of muscle, Byron Abbs. you can (not stop him! of course due to family issues, he had to move. And, Chaney is being recruited by the top track schools in the nation. I know if i was a trackster like chaney, i would have made the same decision.
Now, as Bellville's sophmores class goes, we have 3 starting linebackers. i understand hackemack has been ill for two weeks, but Jackson has filled in admirably. two interceptions and 25 tackles in two weeks. the kid is a haus. runnels still runs like hes a sophmore. he will not step up to the next level and take the challenge. Houston, who is averaging about 20 yards a run at f-back is a BEAST! browning, the second team fullback behind the one and only garret nunn, will be the heart and soul of the brahma offense in two years. La Grange's underclassmen, along with Giddings and Navasota, do not have the talent like BEllville does. if we could keep these kids playing the game, i think you just might possibly have a top 5 ranked team in the state within the next two years. we wont mention bellville's freshman and junior high classses though.

Well said. It is good to stick up for your team, y'all played a tough game and never gave up. The Leps just had an outstanding performance on both sides of the football and came up the winner.
It will be interesting to follow the sophomores from both schools. The Leps are 5-2 and if they had had a kicker they might have beaten y'all LOL. Next year the Leps will be young with mostly Juniors on the varsity. Good luck the rest of the way. Y'all have some tough competition coming up.

As for players quitting, well that's part of the game, getting kids to make the sacrifices involved in playing at the varsity level. I know that if a couple of big physical kids hadn't quit when my son was playing the Leps could have gone one or more games deeper in the playoffs or even to state instead of losing to Marlin in round 3. They desperately needed one or two more big physical lineman and one guy didn't go out his junior or senior year that everybody thought had D1 potential. As a result the coaches had to play our All District Linebacker both ways at guard (and center sometimes) to fill the void on the O line. Meanwhile this 6'4" 270lb athletic kid sat in the bleachers. A lot of folks felt let down, but that is part of the game, you just deal with it.

KL3
10-27-2007, 02:25 PM
It will be interesting to follow the sophomores from both schools. The Leps are 5-2 and if they had had a kicker they might have beaten y'all LOL.

Bellville has 14 sophomores on the varsity, and the fact that their JV still beat LG's JV is impressive, considering LG only has a couple sophs on the varsity. So basically, Bellville's 2nd string of 10th graders beat LG's 1st string.

As freshman last year, Bellville won 37-15.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2007, 03:16 PM
It was a joke. Geesh :doh:

Bellville played hard and should not be faulted, but the Leps were outstanding last night. The Leps beat a very good Bellville team (5-2 going in) plain and simple. Give them credit. Sorry if my humor offended y'all but it has been some time since the Leps have had bragging rights )

Should not be faulted, Bellville a very good team? Why not say that to begain with instead of La Grange "DONKEY STOMPS" Bellville? Your humor and your joke makes you look like a Donkey, I mean Jack---. Poke yourself in the eye and remember it is not a joke. La Grange beat a young team no excuses from us, we lost, but to say You Donkey Stomped someone shows what type of person you really are. This will be very good locker room billboard stuff for next year! Pud says La Grange DONKEY STOMPS Bellville.

allforball
10-27-2007, 04:14 PM
as a sophmore on the bellville varsity football team, i think i would have a little say so in this. I am about sick and tired of people saying that our senior class is weak! i dont care what you say, but when your a senior and you have 5 of the peolpe you have been starting beside since your 7 grade year, i think it would take a little wind out of your sail. All's you can do is amagine at what the bellville brahma football team would be like with Chaney, Abbs, Ledbetter, Trahan, Sconyers, and Ayala! this team would be unstoppable. i want to see Dock from Giddings go up against the big brick of muscle, Byron Abbs. you can not stop him! of course due to family issues, he had to move. And, Chaney is being recruited by the top track schools in the nation. I know if i was a trackster like chaney, i would have made the same decision.

Look like "alls" you'll be doing is imagining cause it ain't gonna happern. What if??? Don't know why the kid moved, difficult decision to make as a family, if your son is that big of a stud for the team he has been playing with since 7th grade. Whatever the other reasons for the quitters, they're still not there so Belville just isn't that good this year. Again give LG credit. We haven't had near the athletes Bellville has had in past years, and probably now and future years, but our kids believe in the program, our motivated by their coaches refuse to quit. Quitting is an easy way out of the most physical and disciplined sport. Playing together since 7th grade then quit on your teammates. Doesn't make sense if they were that great. Bvillebrahma10 -- good luck on keeping all your classmates together. It will take senior leadership, a little talent (whatever classification you may be), a massive amount of heart, dedication and definitely coaching to win a state championship. LG had that in 2000 (State Champs) & 2001(State runnerup).

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm a neutral party, and don't really care either way...but I'm just curious as to why ya'll even bother arguing any of this. La Grange beat Bellville (much to my suprise I might add). The end. I realize that sometimes teams are down or have injuries, but at the end of the day, tahts just the way the dice roll. Happens to everyone from time to time...but those kinda things are not considered come playoff time, the only thing that matters is the W/L columns 98% of the time. Seems to be a theme up there in D23 and also out there in West Texas (Snyder/Sweetwater) sometimes..."lets argue after the game has been decided" Come on guys...shake hands and vow to settle it on the field next year. Seriously. :)

Pudlugger
10-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Should not be faulted, Bellville a very good team? Why not say that to begain with instead of La Grange "DONKEY STOMPS" Bellville? Your humor and your joke makes you look like a Donkey, I mean Jack---. Poke yourself in the eye and remember it is not a joke. La Grange beat a young team no excuses from us, we lost, but to say You Donkey Stomped someone shows what type of person you really are. This will be very good locker room billboard stuff for next year! Pud says La Grange DONKEY STOMPS Bellville.

You truly are humorless. Can'tyou take a little ribbing?

Boo hoo Bwaaaaaaaaaaawww were' my mommy. :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

zebrablue2
10-27-2007, 06:46 PM

I am from bellville, and donkey stomps may be kind. beat the ---- out of may be more deserving. bellville folks, don't be so defensive. there will be years like this, take them with a grain of salt. be concerned that sub-varsity teams do so well, and do not back it up at the varsity level. that is a concern for all to figure, including the coaches. bellvilles numbers are down this year. WHY? there is the question. post it.

scotty
10-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I’m an old man and must have lived a sheltered life since the first time I heard the expression “donkey stop” was a few weeks ago. Tell me is that something similar to a good ass-kicking? And if it is, what’s so offensive about that? That happens to some team just about every Friday night. Get over it and do something so it doesn’t happen next time out.

zebrablue2
10-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I’m an old man and must have lived a sheltered life since the first time I heard the expression “donkey stop” was a few weeks ago. Tell me is that something similar to a good ass-kicking? And if it is, what’s so offensive about that? That happens to some team just about every Friday night. Get over it and do something so it doesn’t happen next time out.

agreed. its players, AND COACHES>>>>.

charlesrixey
10-27-2007, 08:30 PM

would suggest re-reading the thread starter

XMan
10-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, I just think that all the guys from Bellville that quit or moved should make all district due to recent precedent. Few years back, Bellville had a player that got hurt before the season. He was voted honorary all dist. becuase if he'd have played, he would have been all dist. This should be done with all these guys this year also. Second, how far yall think Bellville will go in the sub-varsity playoffs? All the sub varsity teams are awesome so maybe they will win a 9th grade B team state championship and the 7th grade A team can go all the way also. Folks, its all about varsity, thats all that really counts. I just hope for Bellville's sake they can get more guys from Columbus to move in for their 9th grade year like they have been doing in the past.

go Brahmas

buff4life
10-27-2007, 11:15 PM

i'd have my money on DOCK

Pudlugger
10-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
i'd have my money on DOCK

Me too. That Dock kid would have no problem tackling Abbs. Abbs is a hoss but so is Dock and I've seen smaller players from La Grange tackle Abbs and force fumbles so no problem for Dock. Dock is the most physical linebacker I have seen since La Grange played Bay City in 2000. They had a pair of guys went D1, Arkansas I believe,...their names escape me now but they both were awesome.

rancher
10-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Im a Bellville fan and supporter, seen all the games except one this season. As stated earlier, Bellville is in a nose dive since the Barbers Hills game starting in the second quarter. Since that time they have lacked the discipline of the Bellville team of the previous games. Way too many turnovers and pentalties that gave points to the oppsite team. THE SENIORS THAT LEFT THE TEAM AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED LACK CHRACTER AND SHOULD BE GONE. THEY PUT THEMSELFS FIRST THE I INSTEAD OF THE WE IN TEAM. Bellville needs to develop a quarterback to go with their potential of the ground game they have. If that happens and they can regain the discipline of the first two games and part of the Barbers Hill game, they will go deep into the season next year. I looking forward to the future with the underclassmen. This says a lot for the progam that Huey has in place. I know a lot of towns that will take 9 years in a row to the playoffs.

Bull's-eye
10-28-2007, 09:43 AM
I am from bellville, and donkey stomps may be kind. beat the ---- out of may be more deserving.

You must of not seen the game. Bellville attempted a FG late in the 4th Qtr that would of given them the lead. Bellville was also stopped at the goal line during the 4th Qtr. This was a very close game and "donkey stomps" would not be the appropriate words to describe the LG win. IMO, both teams were very sloppy. At times, Bellville had trouble just getting the play off.

Bull's-eye
10-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Im a Bellville fan and supporter, seen all the games except one this season. As stated earlier, Bellville is in a nose dive since the Barbers Hills game starting in the second quarter.

You nailed the nose dive!

Bull19
10-28-2007, 02:38 PM
i was not at the game, but imo la grange beating bellville is not a suprise. bellville has looked like a very very average team ever since the bh game. as i said in the begging of the season bellville is basically a j.v. team whether you can admit it or not......pud, you need to take a deep breath. you act like yall won the state championship.....and no la grange wont make playoffs.

imo bellville is really missing jamie valentine. i personally think that losing him was worse than losing abbs, chaney, etc. all combined

Rattlesnake_08
10-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Dock didn't seem like he could tackle Dexter Pratt a couple of weeks ago.

buff4life
10-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
Dock didn't seem like he could tackle Dexter Pratt a couple of weeks ago.

Pratt and Abbs are two totally differen't backs..

Pratt is about 6'3" 230

Abbs is idk, 5'10" 200

also, Dock and Pratt never clashed head up, Dock was shedding blockers

KL3
10-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Pratt is not 230. Pressbox lists him at 6'2" 215 and that is from the coaches roster. Pressbox lists Abbs at 6'0" 210.

Abbs is one of the most physically imposing kids you'll ever see at the 3A level and I would definately take him over Dock in a collision.

Speaking of Abbs, it looks like he's a starting LB and regular RB for Waller. He's the 3rd leading rusher on the team with 401 yards on only 42 carries for a 9 yard average with 7 TD's (3rd on the team). On defense he's got 27 tackles.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Pratt and Abbs are two totally differen't backs..

Pratt is about 6'3" 230

Abbs is idk, 5'10" 200

We are talking about Byron Abbs? He left Bellville to play for Waller this season. Nunn playes for Bellville this year, but heard he will move to Brenham Next year?

buff4life
10-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Pratt is not 230. Pressbox lists him at 6'2" 215 and that is from the coaches roster. Pressbox lists Abbs at 6'0" 210.

Abbs is one of the most physically imposing kids you'll ever see at the 3A level and I would definately take him over Dock in a collision.

Speaking of Abbs, it looks like he's a starting LB and regular RB for Waller. He's the 3rd leading rusher on the team with 401 yards on only 42 carries for a 9 yard average with 7 TD's (3rd on the team). On defense he's got 27 tackles.

OK Pratt is bigger than 215, seen him on the basketball court, solid muscle, and our program lists Dock at 6'0" and he's not, so i bet Abbs is prolly 5'10" or so...

Dock

KL3
10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
OK Pratt is bigger than 215, seen him on the basketball court, solid muscle, and our program lists Dock at 6'0" and he's not, so i bet Abbs is prolly 5'10" or so...

Dock

Ok buff4life, I guess even though every coach in the state exaggerates a player's height and weight about an inch and 5-10 pounds, Dexter Pratt is the only player in the state that is actually heavier than what he is listed as. Gotcha.

State_In_08
10-28-2007, 11:09 PM

I wouldn't quite put a W in Caldwell's hands yet...

Giddings 21 - Navasota 14

Giddings 21 - Caldwell 7

Albeit Caldwell had to face Giddings in Giddings, the scores indicate the Rattlers played the Buffs tougher than the Hornets did. Plus, the game is in Navasota, and the Rattlers take pride in having home field advantage.

Pudlugger
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i.....pud, you need to take a deep breath. you act like yall won the state championship.....and no la grange wont make playoffs.

Huuuuuuuuhhhhh..........aaahhhhhhhhh!(deep breath)

IDK they just might. :cool:

buff4ever
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Actually for a half, caldwell was more of an issue than navasota, but I feel like navasota can match up better your game w/ caldwell due to your offense being able to run and throw. We made it easy on caldwell, untill we wore them out.

State_In_08
10-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Actually for a half, caldwell was more of an issue than navasota, but I feel like navasota can match up better your game w/ caldwell due to your offense being able to run and throw. We made it easy on caldwell, untill we wore them out.

I didn't really know, that's why I posted the scores; They indicate Navasota had a better time with Giddings than Caldwell did. I could get into the whole turnovers and a dropped TD in the endzone killed us thing, but the past is the past, and I'm looking forward to Navasota vs. Caldwell this Friday.

I like the fact that Caldwell won't have much to study on film if they look at the Smithville game... we stayed in base defense the whole game, and basically ran draws and sweeps with Pratt and Stokes on offense. Didn't show much of anything that will help Caldwell prepare for the Rattler attack.