PDA

View Full Version : Official Crow And Congratulations Thread!!

buff4life
10-26-2007, 11:03 PM
First, i would like to congratulate two teams on a very well played game. Caldwell is very deserving of their ranking and should not fall at all. Moral victory or not, Caldwell showed they deserved to be where they are.

Now i would like to congratulate the defensive coaching staff, Coach Z what up yo, for stopping such a prolific offense either right away or when your D needed it. Holding that offense to 7 points is amazing. Congrats to the O as well, chugging down the field when need be for the 21 points. It shows stats mean nothing, the teams play it out on the field. Giddings came to play, and so did Caldwell, but Giddings came out with a TEAM effort, i'm not saying Caldwell did not, but most of you disagreed with me earlier this week.

and FINALLY, for all 52 posters who voted against Giddings, i just finished my first batch of CROW, come and get it!!!

1st and goal
10-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I can hear a pin drop in here.

They must be full of fish...

I guess they all stopped in Dime Box to "cool off".

buff4life
10-26-2007, 11:17 PM
i'm guessing they're just making it home, hope they're hungry!!

Darren
10-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Giddings sure did limit Caldwells rushing attack. I think that Canto only had 78 yards on 20 some odd attempts.

Hornet Mom 2
10-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Congratulations to Giddings on the win. It was a great game and both teams played hard and left everything on the field. Hard fought battle on both sides. Again, congratulations to the Buffs.

Look out Navasota...Caldwell is comin' to town next week! :D

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2007, 11:45 PM
If a Caldwell fan voted for their team to win then they dont have to eat crow..Only people who do not have an allegiance with the losing team, but picked them to win have to eat crow

Hornet Mom 2
10-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
Giddings came to play, and so did Caldwell, but Giddings came out with a TEAM effort, i'm not saying Caldwell did not, but most of you disagreed with me earlier this week.

You just had to go there didn't you??

PLAYER CARRIES YARDS TD'S
Alan Dock 3 13 1
Brock Fitzhenry 32 227 2
Shane Jenke 10 59 0
Quinn Taylor 1 3 0

:hand:

Milk That Cow
10-27-2007, 12:17 AM
It seemed that Giddings was in better condition than Caldwell as the Hornets got worned down in the second half, especially on defense...

The sure tackling and passionate defense in the first half had a big drop-off in the second half...

buff4life
10-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2

Alan Dock 3 13 1
Brock Fitzhenry 32 227 2
Shane Jenke 10 59 0
Quinn Taylor 1 3 0

I could have sworn there were 5 or six beefy linemen blocking for Brock everytime, but i may be wrong...and i'm pretty sure there was a great TEAM defensive effort that stopped the "the two best backs in the state", not but anyway,

i could go back to your quote and and show where you said Caldwell was the better TEAM

buff4ever
10-27-2007, 12:26 AM
By the way, I hope that kepdawg, pirates4state and G2 had a good time in giddings. I don't know who you were going for, but I hope you enjoyed the game. Did you guys eat fish before the game?

Too bad we didn't get to have the meet and greet, I went down there to find out you guys couldn't leave your seats for fear of losing them. The atmosphere was pretty cool huh.

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
I could have sworn there were 5 or six beefy linemen blocking for Brock everytime, but i may be wrong...and i'm pretty sure there was a great TEAM defensive effort that stopped the "the two best backs in the state", not but anyway,

i could go back to your quote and and show where you said Caldwell was the better TEAM

I will say this, The QB hardly ran the ball the first half, those beefy lineman didn't do much for the other running backs, The QB went off in the second half alot of YAC. Great team effort on Defense, But without the QB I just don't know how good Giddings would be, that kid is good he made alot of that happen on his own..

Signed: Giddings the best team in 3A.......

Hornet Mom 2
10-27-2007, 12:46 AM
I will agree, the buffs had a great team effort on defense. They held us to 7 points, no other team has come close to that. But the offense, well, the numbers are there...it's the fitzhenry show no matter how you talk it up.

buff4ever
10-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Well I will agree as anyone from giddings would that brock is an incredible athlete. We have built this offense around him and it does work most of the time.

Now, the stats would have been a little different if a back side tightend wouldn't hold on a 50 or so yard touchdown up the middle opposite side the hold. After that play was called back, brock did get the remainder after that. You could also look at it in a way that the whole first half shane #8, wore you out with 3 and 5 yard runs, and this made controlling the clock with brock a little easier.

Since this has been a topic for most of the week now. Many teams in 3a build their offense around a work horse, ours is brock. Do I think that we could line up and throw a little with brock or someone else, sure. Do I think it would be effective, of course, especially when we need to score quick on a good defense that is slowing us down. We have athletes out there that can play with the ball in their hands, but in our offense when it's working, all we need to do is get it to our best player. You will respond with, "they didn't do much against us in the first half". I respond with two things:
1. you are putting them in a offense built for the qb, and making them run against 10 defenders in the box, waiting on their run. This is tough for any athlete, even brock sometimes. NAVASOTA
2. if our other runners didn't do much in the first half, then yours' didn't do much in the whole game.

You may or may not know where I am coming from, but basically we are built to show case a excellent running qb in brock. This offense doesn't utilize much else except the full back who is doing well enough to free up brock for 20 td's this year.

Hornet Mom 2
10-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Again, no matter how you talk it up...

navscanmaster
10-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Dexter Pratt against Smithville tonight: 18 carries, 366 yards and 2 TDs. I think the Hornets have a good back to back series of games to step up the defense.

pirate4state
10-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
By the way, I hope that kepdawg, pirates4state and G2 had a good time in giddings. I don't know who you were going for, but I hope you enjoyed the game. Did you guys eat fish before the game?

Too bad we didn't get to have the meet and greet, I went down there to find out you guys couldn't leave your seats for fear of losing them. The atmosphere was pretty cool huh.

Just got home!! 355 miles round trip. I had a good time. It's always fun hanging out with G2 & kep. Go Blue, mwynn05 & du_stud also showed up! Sorry we couldn't meet you guys at half time. There were people sitting in the aisles on the Caldwell side!! :eek: :eek: It was damn near impossible to get up & down, so I didn't even bother at half-time. We got to meet Darren, so that was cool & CHS_grad'85 came by and said "hello" :)

Sorry, we missed you & buff4life. Maybe next time.

I'm too tired to talk about the game. LOL. I'm sure kep & G2 will have plenty to say on the subject later today. They were still on the road last time I talked to them! :eek:

Congrats on the win Giddings. Caldwell - keep on keeping on & good luck next week!

Old Tiger
10-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Just got home!! 355 miles round trip. I had a good time. It's always fun hanging out with G2 & kep. Go Blue, mwynn05 & du_stud also showed up! Sorry we couldn't meet you guys at half time. There were people sitting in the aisles on the Caldwell side!! :eek: :eek: It was damn near impossible to get up & down, so I didn't even bother at half-time. We got to meet Darren, so that was cool & CHS_grad'85 came by and said "hello" :)

I'm too tired to talk about the game. LOL. I'm sure kep & G2 will have plenty to say on the subject later today. They were still on the road last time I talked to them! :eek:

Congrats on the win Giddings. Caldwell - keep on keeping on & good luck next week! Watch this Brock is going to break it on this one.

gtownfan
10-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Dexter Pratt against Smithville tonight: 18 carries, 366 yards and 2 TDs. I think the Hornets have a good back to back series of games to step up the defense.

Shhhhhh!!!! Now your going to be hearing from Caldwell all this week that your a one man team!!!

Darren
10-27-2007, 09:47 AM

Alan Dock 3 13 1
Brock Fitzhenry 32 227 2
Shane Jenke 10 59 0
Quinn Taylor 1 3 0

How about that Team Defense????

Hornet Mom 2
10-27-2007, 09:58 AM
I will agree, the buffs had a great team effort on defense. They held us to 7 points, no other team has come close to that. But the offense, well, the numbers are there...it's the fitzhenry show no matter how you talk it up.

I guess you didn't read the whole thread before you posted. The Giddings team defense did their job and that has been acknowledged by more than just me. There is an article at www.theeagle.com in the high school sports section.

A QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE:

"Giddings just had too much Brock Fitzhenry, one of the state's best backs at any level. The senior quarterback finished with 204 rushing yards on 32 tough carries.

With the game tied at 7-7 to begin the second half, the Giddings coach's son took charge, leading the Buffs to the go-ahead touchdown. They marched 49 yards in 10 plays, with Fitzhenry toting the ball eight times for 41 yards."

Darren
10-27-2007, 10:01 AM

Congrats on the win Giddings. Caldwell - keep on keeping on & good luck next week!

I'm sorry I didn't get to hang out with you guys more. I was going to try to find out where yall were sitting but by the time I got into the game there was no way I could find a spot.

It was nice to meet you, g2, kep and Go Blue.

Hope to see you again soon....

Darren
10-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I guess you didn't read the whole thread before you posted. The Giddings team defense did their job and that has been acknowledged by more than just me. There is an article at www.theeagle.com in the high school sports section.

"Giddings just had too much Brock Fitzhenry, one of the state's best backs at any level. The senior quarterback finished with 204 rushing yards on 32 tough carries.

With the game tied at 7-7 to begin the second half, the Giddings coach's son took charge, leading the Buffs to the go-ahead touchdown. They marched 49 yards in 10 plays, with Fitzhenry toting the ball eight times for 41 yards."

Brock is the key to our offense. There is no dening that. But point being is that Caldwell was averaging something like 40 points a game coming into the Giddings game and we held them to 7 points.

I think that the key to this game was holding Caldwell on Defense.

Hornet Mom 2
10-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Brock is the key to our offense. There is no dening that. But point being is that Caldwell was averaging something like 40 points a game coming into the Giddings game and we held them to 7 points.

I think that the key to this game was holding Caldwell on Defense.

Yes Giddings held us. They did a great job. We had our opportunities and did not capitalize on them. A missed field goal, a stop (questionalble whether or not Xavier got the ball across the plane or not, the refs said he did not), and a ball to the chest in the end zone that was not caught, then you are looking at 24-21.

Great game, lots of emotion. Hope to have the chance in the play-offs to see what the 2nd time around will bring.

buff4ever
10-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Yes Giddings held us. They did a great job. We had our opportunities and did not capitalize on them. A missed field goal, a stop (questionalble whether or not Xavier got the ball across the plane or not, the refs said he did not), and a ball to the chest in the end zone that was not caught, then you are looking at 24-21.

Great game, lots of emotion. Hope to have the chance in the play-offs to see what the 2nd time around will bring.

okay, video confirmed the defensive stand at the goal line, and it isn't easy to make any catch when a defender hits you as it hits your chest while in mid air.

These opportunities that the giddings D made tough would have given yall 17 points not 21 or more. Yall have a great team that played a great game, move on kick butt and maybe both teams can make it far enough to play again.

gtownfan
10-27-2007, 11:05 AM

Why did you leave out a sentence?

Here's the two complete paragraphs:

Giddings just had too much Brock Fitzhenry, one of the state's best backs at any level. The senior quarterback finished with 204 rushing yards on 32 tough carries.

With the game tied at 7-7 to begin the second half, the Giddings coach's son took charge, leading the Buffs to the go-ahead touchdown. They marched 49 yards in 10 plays, with Fitzhenry toting the ball eight times for 41 yards. Alan Dock scored on a 13-yard dash around right end while all the defenders were looking for Fitzhenry. Sammy Artega kicked the second of his three PATs.

So the Caldwell D was keying on one player and someone else took it in? Shame on Brock for pitching the ball!

ProudHornetMom
10-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm here for my crow meal. It was an exciting game and what a great show of fans for both sides. I wish we would have won but we didn't. that's football. We're not out of the running to go post district. We're still a good football team and will be successful.

Go luck Gidding Buffs.

Darren
10-27-2007, 04:39 PM

Let me start by saying that I was impressed with Caldwell.

But I hate after the game when people say if we hadn't gotten this play called back if we had caught this ball or made that tackle we would have won.

Hey if my Aunt had nuts she'd be my Uncle.

pirate4state
10-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Let me start by saying that I was impressed with Caldwell.

But I hate after the game when people say if we hadn't gotten this play called back if we had caught this ball or made that tackle we would have won.

Hey if my Aunt had nuts she'd be my Uncle.

Kinda like some Giddings fans still talk about "if this, that and the other" about that game against LH LAST YEAR???? :D :D ;) :p

Kinda like that? :D

The point is - EVERYONE does it at some point because you always want your team to win and you go in believing your team CAN win and then when they don't you just have to find reasons why they didn't. ;)

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Kinda like some Giddings fans still talk about "if this, that and the other" about that game against LH LAST YEAR???? :D :D ;) :p

Kinda like that? :D

The point is - EVERYONE does it at some point because you always want your team to win and you go in believing your team CAN win and then when they don't you just have to find reasons why they didn't. ;)

Well, I don't not on here. We got beat on the scoreboard and thats what counts. Stats wise we won the game, but the scoreboard said Giddings 21 Caldwell 7. Every team has opportunities and Giddings defense made more of them.. I did notice a Giddings poster I think acknowledged that this game was alot closer than the score and I agree, but close doesn't count when your on the short end of the stick...

Til we meet again

Giddings is the best team in 3a

buff4ever
10-27-2007, 10:20 PM
OKAY, all of this giddings/lh talk has got to be justified or I am going to have to ask people to stop typing it PLEASE.

Honestly, I cannot remember ANYONE typing on this board that we could, shoulda, woulda or what ifs. I have been wrong before, but I seriously don't remember.

I am aware that a particular head coach FALSELY accused lh of a cheap shot, and FALSELY claimed a fumble was not a fumble. Shame on him, that was NO ONE on this board. The only other thing that might have been posted was that if we would pass more we would win, that talk is still going on this year. It had nothing to do with LH, it had all to do with a lot of people in the community thinking we should pass 5 or more times a game. That opinion still floats around a little more, especially since the LH game last year.

This community didn't want to lose last year and they don't want to this year, just like anyone else in the state. But I don't remember anyone claiming anything but LH beat us, good job and good luck. Not even some of our dumb ass posters(the ones that you shouldn't judge a entire town by) who don't know what they are talking about.

TOO CLOSE THIS POST I WILL MENTION ALSO THAT THE ONLY PEOPLE BRINGING THAT GAME UP for the most part IS PEOPLE OTHER THAN GIDDINGS POSTERS. We want to win it all this year like anyone else, we wouldn't mind a re-match AT ALL, but we are not worrying about it near as much as others on this board.

orangeblood
10-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
okay, video confirmed the defensive stand at the goal line, and it isn't easy to make any catch when a defender hits you as it hits your chest while in mid air.

These opportunities that the giddings D made tough would have given yall 17 points not 21 or more. Yall have a great team that played a great game, move on kick butt and maybe both teams can make it far enough to play again.

To clear up the opportunities we had that Giddings D took from us.
We went inside the 10 yard line 4 times, 1st time = 7 points
2nd time = missed field goal, 3rd time = goal line stand RB appeared to break the plane but no touchdown signal, 4th time = missed pass in the back of the endzone.. Great D on the Buffs part. Hats off they stopped a great offense period.....

Old Tiger
10-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
To clear up the opportunities we had that Giddings D took from us.
We went inside the 10 yard line 4 times, 1st time = 7 points
2nd time = missed field goal, 3rd time = goal line stand RB appeared to break the plane but no touchdown signal, 4th time = missed pass in the back of the endzone.. Great D on the Buffs part. Hats off they stopped a great offense period..... Playcalling hurt yall. On the last goal line stand why did yall go to the short side of the field while trying to run outside? Didn't make any sense to me.

LoveTheHornets
10-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Many teams in 3a build their offense around a work horse, ours is brock.

This is true--3A programs never have more than one or two stud players. Caldwell is lucky to have both Canto and Sims, not to mention Ofczarzak at QB. All three can run very well. Giddings is definitely the Fitzhenry show, but no one can discount the efforts of Dock and Jenke, two names I heard a lot on Friday night.

Whoo-hoo! Hats off to the Giddings defense! Especially for those goal line stands. Of course, I am disappointed about that one non-touchdown, but like y'all are saying--coulda, shoulda, woulda. I hope we get to meet again during the playoffs!

Boy, I know next week's game against Navasota is going to be all about proving who actually should have beaten Giddings!:)