PDA

View Full Version : Needville-WC Final

IHStangFan
10-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Needville 40
WC 17

Needville jumped out early and fast. WC had some mistakes and turnovers and Needville exploited them. In the second half Needville called off the dogs a bit and WC started moving the ball pretty well.

WC's band is AWESOME!! The musical selections included Disco Inferno, Ina Gada Divida, Iron Man, etc. VERY good, I enjoyed the band.

Necked
10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WC's band is AWESOME!! The musical selections included Disco Inferno, Ina Gada Divida, Iron Man, etc. VERY good, I enjoyed the band.

I like when they play "Shake, Shake Senora". Even when your team is getting thrashed on the field you cant help but tap your toes when they play that....

buff4life
10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
sorry but i have to...

GOTW????

IHStangFan
10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
sorry but i have to...

GOTW???? you know what...some of you Giddings fans are starting to get on my nerves w/ your over-inflated sense of self worth and whatnot. So you beat Caldwell...nice..but some of us to your south think that they were over-rated. If you do not have anything constructive to add to this thread, I'd advise that you do not post here again. As stated before, if you have a problem w/ the GOTW thread, why whine and cry about it here to us...PM the proper people and cry to them. GEEZUS!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/06_02_11-1.jpg

IHStangFan
10-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Necked
I like when they play "Shake, Shake Senora". Even when your team is getting thrashed on the field you cant help but tap your toes when they play that.... yeah, that was a good one too. That band is good, and the musical selections were AWESOME!

JDOG
10-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Mercy!

IHStangFan
10-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Needville played a nearly perfect game. #10 for Needville has been a man on a mission on kickoff returns and on D lately w/ several INTs. Meanwhile the Jays' backfield is packed w/ Wilkerson, Grant, Hajik, etc. etc. WC just made a few mistakes early that cost them and couldn't quite recover. It was definately a better game than the score showed. Who does Columbia have next week? How is the playoff picture stacking up? Columbus, Sealy and Needville? That would be my guess at the moment. Does Columbia still have a mathematical chance? I love this district due to the competitiveness. Alot of people like to say "we're weak" and whatnot because nobody has unblemished records here in this district....newsflash...thats because of the level of play and competition we have to get through to GET to the playoffs :) I believe Needville was 7-3 last year and had to stay home...meanwhile...there were 2-8 and 3-7 teams that made the playoffs out of other districts...and still other teams that were undefeated or had 1 loss or so..and got the axe early. Didn't lowly WC knock "mighty" Bellville out last year in the first round? Nobody ever looks at the big picture...its all about "we're undefeated" blah blah blah ..heres a idea....who have you played?? :D Remember all...my pre-season pick to win state was WOS...they are quietly flying under the radar...no big trash talkers from WOS here, yet, they are poised to make a very deep run. Classy fans maybe? hmmm...some people should take notes. Okay, I'm done ranting. Enjoy! :)

3aSoftball4Mom
10-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Congrats to the Blue Jays. :clap:

carter08
10-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Ha.

As an unofficial band helper, I appreciate the kind words. I'll tell Mr. Marble that the DL likes the music.

IHStangFan
10-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Ha.

As an unofficial band helper, I appreciate the kind words. I'll tell Mr. Marble that the DL likes the music. heck yeah...yall jammed...we enjoyed the music! We actually didn't go into the stadium. My preg. wife wasn't interested in sittin in the cold bleachers so she says. So we parked outside near the scoreboard and sat in the heated truck, LOL. WC has a great crowd and we had fun. We could hear yall at the truck w/ no problem. The two bands playing together was awesome too...never seen that before.

carter08
10-27-2007, 03:12 PM
heck yeah...yall jammed...we enjoyed the music! We actually didn't go into the stadium. My preg. wife wasn't interested in sittin in the cold bleachers so she says. So we parked outside near the scoreboard and sat in the heated truck, LOL. WC has a great crowd and we had fun. We could hear yall at the truck w/ no problem. The two bands playing together was awesome too...never seen that before.

WC and Needville do that alot. "Shout it out" was kinda off. But yea, pretending to help the band has so many rewards. Free entrance to the game, and getting to watch the game from the sidelines. Bueno!

neck_94
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
yeah, the band was awesome....

my favorite was March Grandioso

buff4life
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
[B]you know what...some of you Giddings fans are starting to get on my nerves w/ your over-inflated sense of self worth and whatnot. So you beat Caldwell...nice..but some of us to your south think that they were over-rated. If you do not have anything constructive to add to this thread, I'd advise that you do not post here again. As stated before, if you have a problem w/ the GOTW thread, why whine and cry about it here to us...PM the proper people and cry to them. GEEZUS!

dude chill, i was only saying it because you blew up on anyone that mentioned it before the game...but in all reality, they were right...

themsu97
10-29-2007, 01:45 PM
not really... nobody really cared about Giddings and Caldwell except Giddings and Caldwell people... kind of like the game between Needville and Columbia... but the people that mattered thought that Needville and Columbia was worthy of gotw status... so get over it

IHStangFan
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
dude chill, i was only saying it because you blew up on anyone that mentioned it before the game...but in all reality, they were right... LOL....what?