PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger news

whsfan
11-10-2001, 01:24 PM
All the Wylie fans and players want to thank Ballinger for all the pregame smack talk. Especially the part you had printed up listing our Wylie players and describing them as weak and easy. We found all that discussion especially useful as motivational material. What do you think now?

bigdawg
11-10-2001, 02:13 PM
I couldn't agree more. Tell yalls superintendent 'thank you' for going ahead and getting the district trophy so he could give it to Wylie after the game, even though he practically guaranteed Ballinger the win.

vet93
11-12-2001, 09:48 AM
Bigdawg...let me set the record straight. I have heard trash talking from all of the teams in district 5-3a. I can't stand it when people act that way, but I guess that is the way things are when you have the internet these days. As a matter of fact, some of the worst trash talking has come from the Wylie fans, including racial slurs. Having said that, I also know that those comments did not represent all of the Wylie fans or team and I let it go. However when you made the comment about the Ballinger superintendent I have to draw the line. I have known him for over 35 years and he is a very humble man and would never "guarantee" a win. I asked him about what you could have possibly been talking about after church on sunday and he has no idea. He did tell me that he called the Merkel sup.(who had the trophy) and suggested that the trophy be brought to the game so that it could be presented to the winning team. The Merkel sup thought that it was a good idea. Mr. Harrington (also a good man) got the trophy from the Merkel sup. and brought it to the game. Mr. Harrington wanted the Ballinger sup to keep the trophy in the press box until after the game. They joked around a little and the Ballinger sup. told Mr. Harrington that he would probably be giving the trophy back to him at the end of the game. That to me does not sound like a man who was bragging and predicting a victory. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If you want verification of the facts, then contact Mr. Harrington, your sup. Also ask coach Sandifer how the Ballinger representatives have conducted themselves in regard to Wylie and he will set you straight as well. Wylie and Ballinger have a very good working relationship and it should not be spoiled by the juvenile trash talking on both sides. The next time that you want to call into question the character of an individual, then please verify your facts from the source. Enough of this...Most true 5-3a fans support their fellow district members after the season and I am now a Wylie fan as it relates to the playoffs. I believe the Bulldogs will win by 10-14 points. As a fellow 5-3a fan I would hope that you would be gracious enough to do the same.

Endword
11-12-2001, 10:20 AM
VET:
Thanks for your post. I am a Wylie fan to the "bone" (pun intended) and watched a great game Fri night. My hat is off to Ballinger for their heart and sportsmanship! I look forward to watching ya'll go far in the playoffs. Posey is a great player and will only improve over the next couple of years and will be even more of a force to be dealt with. I hope Mr. Harrison has the trophy with him to be presented to the district champ at the end of next years game, as your super did this year. I must say though, I hope it stays where it is!!! Good Luck to the Bearcats!

bigdawg
11-12-2001, 09:34 PM
Sorry tough guy "Vet93". How was I supposed to know those two guys were joking? Don't come in here and talk to me like your my dad. I have the right to say whatever I want, and to that matter WHATEVER I HEAR from higher authorities. I'm not the one coming in here making up stuff about that. I along with a lot of other people were told about that by someone that would DEFINITELY know, whom I won't name. I respect the fact that you know the sup. and are friends with him, don't get me wrong. I'm just repeating what I've heard.

deliriousmaniac
11-12-2001, 09:52 PM
--Don't come in here and talk to me like your my dad.--

Come on BIGDAWG, you don't have to act so ignorant about it. Maybe you could have just accepted what he had to say??? And you guys wonder why everybody thinks ya'll are snobs..it baffles me.

[This message has been edited by deliriousmaniac (edited November 12, 2001).]

whsfan
11-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Vet93, since you're such a good friend of the Ballinger superintendent. What did he have to say about the Ballinger kids shoe polishing the paint on some of the Wylie fan's cars?

FlameBuster63
11-12-2001, 11:37 PM
Whs and BigDawg,
It's great to that you are the perfect school and that ya'll dont have a few bad apples that talk trash every now and then, but who actually cares, Ya'll won and showed on the field, who was the better team and that should be the end of it. Show a little
compassion as a good person and drop it. Because none of us are prefect and if we were we would be the on that cross.

whsfan
11-12-2001, 11:55 PM
Just didn't like the way Vet93 jumped on Bigdawg. But your right. It's time to move on. Let's go Ballinger, Sweetwater, and Wylie. Time to show everyone just exactly what district 5-3A is made of.

vet93
11-13-2001, 10:02 AM
To whsfan and bigdawg:
I am sorry if I came on a little strong, but I thought that you needed to hear the facts from the source, not hearsay. It is one thing to come on the board and say that "my team is going to whip your team". It is another thing to single out an individual and attribute words or actions that could hurt that persons reputation without knowing the actual events or context of the conversation. From some of your posts, I take it that you are young and this may keep you from understanding what I am trying to say. To many older indivuduals, a person's good reputation is very important. It is something that has been built over decades of dealing with others in an honest, humble and fair way. When a person such as this has their integrity called into question it is a big deal and they derserve to be defended. If you still don't believe what I told you about what happened that is your choice. However, this can easily be verified if you would like to talk to Mr. Harrington about the situation. I am trying to tell you the truth about this matter. It is your choice if you want to pursue it further with Mr. Harrington. As to the situation of cars having shoe polish put on them. I have not heard anything about this, but if this is true, notify the authorities and I assure you that the school and police dept. will try and get to the bottom of any vandalism. Bigdawg, I was not trying to talk to you like I was your dad. I was trying to right a wrong. I was not speaking from any other aurthority other than the truth. If you think that this was a personal assault on you, then you are mistaken. I have nothing against you. You are just the person who I was responding to in my post. Good luck to the Bulldogs in the playoffs. They should do well!

bigdawg
11-13-2001, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by FlameBuster63:
Whs and BigDawg,
It's great to that you are the perfect school and that ya'll dont have a few bad apples that talk trash every now and then, but who actually cares, Ya'll won and showed on the field, who was the better team and that should be the end of it. Show a little
compassion as a good person and drop it. Because none of us are prefect and if we were we would be the on that cross.

What are you talking about?? No one ever said that we were 'THE PERFECT SCHOOL' or nothing like that. True, we have a few people that talk trash, and I occassionally talk trash, but who doesn't. Why does everyone always have to refer to the Wylie people as snobs? Are they jealous that Wylie is a very good school academically and athletically. Does that make people want to hate Wylie instead of like them? Who cares if we brag about winning everynow and then, who doesn't?? We are proud of every win we get in every sport. Does that pride mean that we are snobs?? Think about it.

[This message has been edited by BIGDAWG (edited November 13, 2001).]