PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks the Cowboys will make it past the first round of playoffs

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 12:47 PM
does any body think they will?

pirate4state
12-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Right now, I'm hoping they can beat Philly at (their) home! Once they're past these 3 division games then maybe I can answer your question. wink

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 12:50 PM
true true i hope they do beat phily again that would be cool

pepboy
12-03-2003, 01:30 PM
I think they will make it to the second game and will more than likly lose there.

GWOOD
12-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Not much hope here in winning the first game. I'm just glad this year that we are in a strong position to make the playoffs. I love the defense but I still don't see how we have gotten this far with Carter & Hambrick at the QB & RB position. I would like to see us win 2 more games in regular season & then build for next year.

RPM
12-03-2003, 02:28 PM
I think the Cowboys have what it takes to make it past the 1st round. There Defense is there but there offense is where they shoot themselfs. They have a good offense when they get a rythem but once it looses a step they fall and cant seem to recover. If they dont shoot themselfs with there offense i think they can make it past the 1st round. After that I think it will be back to rebuilding for next year.

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: RPM ]</small>

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 02:35 PM
i hope they do but it also depends on who they play

sahen
12-03-2003, 02:42 PM
i hope the cowboys collaspe and dont even go to the playoffs....lol sry....im from houston and have always had a thing against them...but they have a good team this year..w/ Parcells as their coach anything is possible...if they do get to the playoffs then they will have a good chance of winning their first game....if they loose it will prolly be a close one...

bud4u
12-03-2003, 02:48 PM
IM just glad the cowboys are haveing a winnign season THANKS PARCELLS you rekindle a fire in the big D . eek! our offense has started playing like the past few years. could use some help in the qb and RB positions. :( if we dont make to the playoffs :D GOD BLESS AMERICAS TEAM AND LET THE MARLIN BULLDOGS ROLL

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2003, 03:17 PM
I think that Quincy Carter is developing into a very good NFL QB....many people don't like him, but I think that he's growing well, and by next year, could be a well above average QB...sure his INT numbers aren't impressive, but look at the times that he's throwing them...it seems like half of his INTs have come near the end of the half on hail marys or at the end of the game when the Cowboys don't have much of a chance....his passing yardage is fine...his receivers need to do a little better hanging onto the ball, but I am quickly becoming a Q fan.

As for the first round of the playoffs, if we beat Philly (big "if"), then we will have an excellent chance of not even having to play in the first round...but I think the playoffs will come down to matchups...I like Dallas's chances against potential opponents like Green Bay, Minnesota, or Seattle (if Seattle has to come to Dallas), but wouldn't like to see them have to face the Rams.

kaorder1999
12-03-2003, 03:21 PM
greatly depends on who they play...this team doesn't have a lot of playoff experience...

Buccaneer
12-03-2003, 03:32 PM
PLAYOFFS !

JasperDog94
12-03-2003, 04:24 PM
sahen:
i hope the cowboys collaspe and dont even go to the playoffs....lol sry....im from houston and have always had a thing against them...but they have a good team this year..w/ Parcells as their coach anything is possible...if they do get to the playoffs then they will have a good chance of winning their first game....if they loose it will prolly be a close one...Awww, come on. Where's the love. :( :D I live in Houston, but have always been a Cowboys fan. That doesn't stop me from rooting for the Texans though. :)

RPM
12-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Hey crazyjournalist, I think your right about Quincy I have the same opinion as you do about him. He will be a great QB given time. I think the recipe is there on Offense they just need to learn how to mix it up and make it come out perfect.

I was born in Houston die hard Oilers fan, when they moved to Tenn. I followed them so Im a Titans fan now. I still support the Texans and the Cowboys. Texas Football is the Greatest.

Rabbit'93
12-03-2003, 05:00 PM
The Cowboys will not win a playoff came on the weak legs on Troy Hambrick. This guy only runs hard when he wants to, he can't cut back, and he has no vision.

J-town Hustler
12-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Seeing how Philly has responded the past couple of months, I think the Cowboys will not win the division. However, I do think that they have a chance to make it to the playoffs through the wild card selection. Next year though, they should be ready.

pirate4state
12-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Rabbit'93:
The Cowboys will not win a playoff came on the weak legs on Troy Hambrick. This guy only runs hard when he wants to, he can't cut back, and he has no vision.Totally dude! (sorry, I've been watching Finding Nemo) I can't stand this guy & was excited when they picked up Morelli (sp?) then they let him go?!?!?! eek! They need a RB ASAP!! What are your thoughts on Cason? I really like him ever since he scored that TD way back in game 1 against Atlanta. :D

cant stop me
12-03-2003, 05:43 PM
Yeah Cason is good i like him too, Quincy is comming around though.... They just need a RB then i think they will b set o yea PLAYOFFS ssshhhhhh there going to the SUPERBOWL.................jk but that would be sweet maybe next year lol

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 05:45 PM
ya that would be sweet but the odds .000001%

cant stop me
12-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah i know i wasnt serious lol

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 05:51 PM
ya i know lol

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Boosty_Hondo:
ya that would be sweet but the odds .000001%the odds are better for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl this year than for the Bucs...remember the Ravens? Their offense was way worse than Dallas's...don't count them out...I don't think that Dallas will win the Super Bowl this year, but the odds are better than most people think.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 06:17 PM
when does dallas pllay phily???

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2003, 06:25 PM
Boosty_Hondo:
when does dallas pllay phily???Sunday 12:00 PM

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 06:26 PM
thanks

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 07:05 PM
any other opinions

marktaras
12-03-2003, 07:50 PM
If you will look at the combined records of the Cowboys opponents, that'll give you an idea of what they've done so far. Compare that to other 8 or 9 game winners.

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2003, 08:19 PM
marktaras:
If you will look at the combined records of the Cowboys opponents, that'll give you an idea of what they've done so far. Compare that to other 8 or 9 game winners.umm....their schedule is almost identical to Philadelphia's...St. Louis has played an easy schedule...Carolina hasn't done much more than Dallas outside the two Tampa victories...what's your point?

marktaras
12-03-2003, 08:36 PM
The point is...How many teams have they beaten that own a winning record? If you're talking about their chances in the play-offs, it's all about quality wins which they're gonna need.

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2003, 10:29 AM
la

JasperDog94
12-04-2003, 10:56 AM
crzyjournalist03:

Boosty_Hondo:
when does dallas pllay phily???Sunday 12:00 PMYeah, unfortunately I won't be able to see the game. The NFL really needs to revamp it's stance on home market games. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: The NFL has a rule that if a team from your home market (Houston Texans) is on tv, no other game can be broadcast at the same time. This is, without a doubt, one of the stupidest rules of all time. I wanna watch the Cowboys, but Fox can't air them even though they've got the double header this Sunday. :mad: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2003, 11:00 AM
JasperDog94:

crzyjournalist03:

Boosty_Hondo:
when does dallas pllay phily???Sunday 12:00 PMYeah, unfortunately I won't be able to see the game. The NFL really needs to revamp it's stance on home market games. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: The NFL has a rule that if a team from your home market (Houston Texans) is on tv, no other game can be broadcast at the same time. This is, without a doubt, one of the stupidest rules of all time. I wanna watch the Cowboys, but Fox can't air them even though they've got the double header this Sunday. :mad: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: yes i agree with you it is stupid

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Quincy is at most an avg qb, he couldn't even throw a spiral in his first year! Even HS qb can do that. Yes he has improved, but he continues to make the mental mistakes.

He has lately been driving the bus off cliffs, when is Bill gonna fire this bus driver? He had mentioned, bill that is, that his qb is the one who scores TDs. So far he has 13 TDs and 16 INTs :mad: with a 72.1 rating(thats like the bottom 1/3 in the nfl)
1/5th of his throws r on target, but in the rest of the throws the receivers have to jump, reach back or slide just to be able to catch the ball.

Anthony Wright, a former cowboy QB has led the ravens on back-to-back games where their offense has score 44pts. eek!

marktaras
12-04-2003, 11:48 AM
Ditto PI-fan, average QB, average team, good coach, but, it'll take more than Bill to pull off a win against a quality play-off team.

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2003, 11:57 AM
PI-fan:
Quincy is at most an avg qb, he couldn't even throw a spiral in his first year! Even HS qb can do that. Yes he has improved, but he continues to make the mental mistakes.

He has lately been driving the bus off cliffs, when is Bill gonna fire this bus driver? He had mentioned, bill that is, that his qb is the one who scores TDs. So far he has 13 TDs and 16 INTs :mad: with a 72.1 rating(thats like the bottom 1/3 in the nfl)
1/5th of his throws r on target, but in the rest of the throws the receivers have to jump, reach back or slide just to be able to catch the ball.

Anthony Wright, a former cowboy QB has led the ravens on back-to-back games where their offense has score 44pts. eek! the size of the NFL football had a lot to do with Quincy's struggles his first year...his hands are smaller than many NFL QB's...their ball is much larger than a HS ball, so that's why he had the spirals...but 1 out of 5 throws on target? Which Carter have you been watching this year? Check out his completion percentage!

You may all say what you will about the Cowboys not having a chance come playoff time, but when they start making noise in the postseason, you must all bow before my infinite wisdom :p :D

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2003, 11:58 AM
oh...and one thing about Anthony Wright...if you had Jamal Lewis behind you, you'd be able to post some major passing numbers too :D

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 12:05 PM
crzyjournalist03:

PI-fan:

Anthony Wright, a former cowboy QB has led the ravens on back-to-back games where their offense has score 44pts. eek! the size of the NFL football had a lot to do with Quincy's struggles his first year...his hands are smaller than many NFL QB's...their ball is much larger than a HS ball, so that's why he had the spirals...but 1 out of 5 throws on target? Which Carter have you been watching this year? Check out his completion percentage!

You may all say what you will about the Cowboys not having a chance come playoff time, but when they start making noise in the postseason, you must all bow before my infinite wisdom :p :D Ok, make that 2 out of 9 throws, how many times have u seen the pass to the sideline and quincy throws it out of bounds, i don't get mad anymore, i just laugh at the bad throws. But i do love that defense minus the bonehead pass-interferance calls and bad play on Mario Edwards

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2003, 01:43 PM
according to carter's stats...it's more like 6 out of 10 throws. He's going to pass for over 3000 yards this season, end up with about 19 TD passes, and turn the ball over about 20 times. That's efficiency...so far, he's lost 2 fumbles on the year, which was an average game for Chad Hutchinson. He may not be the most productive QB in the league, but he has just as many TDs as Kerry Collins, who is regarded as one of the top passers in the game, and has almost twice as many as Drew Bledsoe.

PI-fan
12-04-2003, 02:08 PM
crzyjournalist03:
according to carter's stats...it's more like 6 out of 10 throws. yep, like i said, 2 of the 6 on target, but rest come from throws the receivers have to jump, reach back or slide just to be able to catch the ball. eek!

Boosty_Hondo
12-04-2003, 04:32 PM
blah

marktaras
12-04-2003, 05:58 PM
I wonder what Quincy's preference is, corn or flour?

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2003, 06:25 PM
marktaras:
I wonder what Quincy's preference is, corn or flour?are you kidding man? You know the brothers have always been partial to corn. Growing up in Georgia, he's gotta be a corn lover!