PDA

View Full Version : SOX take game one of '07 Series, 13-1

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Skatter shooting from tonight...

> Josh Beckett is incredible and we will remember his name in years to come. Spot On.

> The Boston Bullpen is a good drum line.

> Youklis is on a ridiculous hot streak. Ummm, welll, I guess they whole sox team is really.

> Rockies looked like the 8 day layoff DID affect them. Wow.

> Fenway in October is just special.

Now, lets all sing.... "Tessie..."

GO SOX!

DUKE22
10-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Skatter shooting from tonight...

> Josh Beckett is incredible and we will remember his name in years to come. Spot On.

> The Boston Bullpen is a good drum line.

> Youklis is on a ridiculous hot streak. Ummm, welll, I guess they whole sox team is really.

> Rockies looked like the 8 day layoff DID affect them. Wow.

> Fenway in October is just special.

Now, lets all sing.... "Tessie..."

GO SOX! Wow someone else actually knows about Tessie, and not just because the movie Fever Pitch. So I ask again what do you think we are going to do about the DH or no DH in Colorado. I say put Youk in right feild. You cannot and I repeat cannot sit Ortiz. The thought of that simply makes me sick. GO SOX

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2007, 11:55 PM
I do not know how we get Ortiz on the field. I think Youk in right and Ortiz on 1st works... I mean, Youk is hittin .500 in October... he HAS to stay in until he cools off.

This is probably the most interesting "Coaching / Managing" decision I have thought about in a long time!

What about Game 4 pitching? Who do you start?

eagles_victory
10-25-2007, 12:49 AM
who is it between Buckholtz and Lester

Panther One
10-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Manny in left and Youk in right is going to leave some pretty big gaps in spacious Coors Field. That's one ballpark where it's nice to have three guys that can go get it...or at least two. But if they continue to score in double digits, does it really matter? And if Beckett's on the mound, you can put anyone out there.

I say start with the offensive lineup and switch to defense later in the game if you have the lead.

big daddy russ
10-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Those are some tough questions, but the way Youkilis has been playing, how do you leave him out of the lineup? I know Youkilis' OBP is astronomical right now, but Ortiz is hitting right around .400 for the postseason.

Like I said, tough questions all the way around. I know Lowell played some 2B down in Miami. If they wanted to get real crazy, they could throw Lowell at 2B and Pedroia in right. Youkilis can play third almost as well as he can play first, haha.

Seriously, I'm anxious to see what happens. I honestly think Drew sits and Youkilis moves to RF. At least it'll make for an exciting ballgame.

DUKE22
10-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I do not know how we get Ortiz on the field. I think Youk in right and Ortiz on 1st works... I mean, Youk is hittin .500 in October... he HAS to stay in until he cools off.

This is probably the most interesting "Coaching / Managing" decision I have thought about in a long time!

What about Game 4 pitching? Who do you start? If Boston wins game 2 or 3 you start Lester in game 4 no question. If they were to lose them both which I dont think will happen, then Beckett has to be considered for game four. Youk in right and Papi at first would hurt us on defense but it is the best option.

DUKE22
10-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
who is it between Buckholtz and Lester Clay B. is not on the Post Season roster. He was shut down with a sore shoulder. Lester will probably go in game four.

Old Tiger
10-25-2007, 07:49 AM
HOW DARE ANOTHER TEAM FROM THE BOSTON AREA RUN UP THE SCORE!!

JR2004
10-25-2007, 08:39 AM
GO ROCKIES!

DUKE22
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
GO ROCKIES! Thats like rooting for Walter Mondale in the 84 election.

RMAC
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
I wonder how many people will be on the Red Sox Nation bandwagon if they win another world series. :rolleyes: :(

Bull19
10-25-2007, 09:17 AM
lowell sits, youkilas goes to 3rd

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I would have no problem sitting Drew right now. But then that big OF in Denver scares me as well.