PDA

View Full Version : Josh Beckett

Gobbla2001
10-24-2007, 09:27 PM
the dude is just good... Mr. Automatic...

kepdawg
10-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, he doesn't suck

c-town_balla
10-24-2007, 09:38 PM
his hands blister to easily....every year he goes on the DL for it

that is his only fault

3afan
10-24-2007, 09:42 PM
he's good but he's a 'punk'

Gobbla2001
10-24-2007, 09:45 PM
the dude is automatic in the playoffs... the only thing blistering for this man in the playoffs are his pitches...

Bull19
10-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

actually he's a real nice guy, actually a country boy, not a punk

3afan
10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
i'm sure he is but he can act like a 'punk' on the mound and in the dugout

Gobbla2001
10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Then again, Mr. Blister coulda given up some runs tonight and still get a dubya... take Beckett out and save him just incase...

Blisters, haha... I'm still crackin' up at this... one of the best postseason pitchers in the game and someone brings up his blisters like he's not worth a dern lol...

Gobbla2001
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
i'm sure he is but he can act like a 'punk' on the mound and in the dugout

are we talkin' about the same guy? are you talkin' about Ramirez?

All I've ever seen out of Beckett is "competitor"... he doesn't shake the ump's hand on his way off the field or what? ha

kepdawg
10-24-2007, 10:08 PM

I wish that punk pitched for my team!

Gobbla2001
10-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

not me... are you insane? he gets blisters ha

3afan
10-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

me too, no doubt

eagles_victory
10-24-2007, 10:26 PM
he should be pitching for my team but no cant trade hank blalock

slpybear the bullfan
10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Beckett finished another Gem tonight. This guy is on his way into becoming a guy with skins on the wall like Ryan, Clemens, and Koufax.

g$$
10-25-2007, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
his hands blister to easily....every year he goes on the DL for it

that is his only fault

Blisters are common for any power pitcher - it's torque on the middle finger upon release. Guess you have not been around much. Guy throws mid to upper 90s with a power breaking ball. Nolan Ryan had the exact same thing, as do others. Beckett is starting to come into his own. Before he showed flashes like in the WS with Marlins. Now it is commonplace for him. Called maturity.

Country boy from Spring, TX. Good job Josh.

big daddy russ
10-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Blisters are common for any power pitcher - it's torque on the middle finger upon release. Guess you have not been around much. Guy throws mid to upper 90s with a power breaking ball. Nolan Ryan had the exact same thing, as do others. Beckett is starting to come into his own. Before he showed flashes like in the WS with Marlins. Now it is commonplace for him. Called maturity.

Country boy from Spring, TX. Good job Josh.
Tons of great pitchers out of the greater Houston area. Clemens, Pettitte, Beckett, Scott Kazmir, John Patterson (well, he's from Orange, a bit of a drive, but they're still technically in the 'Houston market'), etc, etc.

Hell, just look at all the guys out there from Texas. Ryan Wagner, Homer Bailey (still just a prospect, but one of the most highly-touted prospects in the minors), John Lackey, Greg Maddux, John Danks, Chris Young, Huston Street, Kerry Wood (when he's healthy), etc.

Hell, this just gave me an idea for a new thread.

g$$
10-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Good start. Don't forget Nolan! Clay Buchholz with Red Sox is another Texan from Golden Triangle (tired arm, shut down after no hitter).

Woodlands RHP Kyle Drabek is now hurt, but he's another. Alaniz too is on the way with Nationals. OF Jay Bruce from Beaumont is close to MLB. Texas is a hotbed for sure.

3afan
10-25-2007, 07:44 AM

OK, 'punk' was a bad choice of words ...

lord, i apologize ....

:p

c-town_balla
10-26-2007, 03:55 PM
ok the guy has never gone on the DL for blisters im sorry I made it up

g$$
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
ok the guy has never gone on the DL for blisters im sorry I made it up

You didn't make it up, but it is a very common injury for pitchers. Esp. power pitchers like Beckett & Ryan. He says the weather in Boston has helped with the problem anyway.

Maroon87
10-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Tons of great pitchers out of the greater Houston area. Clemens, Pettitte, Beckett, Scott Kazmir, John Patterson (well, he's from Orange, a bit of a drive, but they're still technically in the 'Houston market'), etc, etc.

Hell, just look at all the guys out there from Texas. Ryan Wagner, Homer Bailey (still just a prospect, but one of the most highly-touted prospects in the minors), John Lackey, Greg Maddux, John Danks, Chris Young, Huston Street, Kerry Wood (when he's healthy), etc.

Hell, this just gave me an idea for a new thread.

Gary Majewski from Bellaire was a pretty good reliever for the Nats until he got hurt.

g$$
10-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Gary Majewski from Bellaire was a pretty good reliever for the Nats until he got hurt.

From St. Pius, not Bellaire. Still hurt I think & changed teams (Reds? maybe).