PDA

View Full Version : Burnet v. Wharton ?

LowDownDawg
11-19-2003, 02:33 PM
I know what Burnet has because I see them play every week. I am curious as to what Wharton folks think the team has to do to beat Burnet. I do believe that Burnet is in Wharton's head. You don't get drilled like that the year before and then not have some doubts. Thoughts?

whtfbplaya
11-19-2003, 02:44 PM
The way to beat Burnet is to score more points than they do.

Everman01Grad.
11-19-2003, 02:49 PM
The way to Beat burnet is shut down shipley and hope Mcgee has a bad game! The other players feed off these two...not taking there talents away im just saying...when these two are hot burnet is unstoppable.

Everman01Grad.
11-19-2003, 02:49 PM
The way to Beat burnet is shut down shipley and hope Mcgee has a bad game! The other players feed off these two...not taking there talents away im just saying...when these two are hot burnet is unstoppable.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-19-2003, 02:54 PM
Let's see: Wharton has scored 196 points less than Burnet and has allowed 123 points more than Burnet. I am really looking for Burnet to certainly do LESS in scoring and WORSE in defense than they have all year as far as scoring and defense goes.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Soleus
11-19-2003, 03:18 PM
I think all Wharton has to do is play their game. If Wharton plays to their potential, I think they will be victorious. As for Shipley and McGee, they are good players. But I don't think they can win the game for them by themselves. Last year I think Shipley only caught 2 passes (from what I heard). Of course that opened up the running game for Burnet. What I'm saying is, that if both teams play how they're supposed to, then it will be a close one.

LowDownDawg
11-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Do you think it will still be a contest after halftime? In Whartons' losses, have they been in the game in the second half?

raider red 2000
11-19-2003, 03:53 PM
this game could be very interesting....if wharton is able to stay close...how will the kids from burnett react? i dont think that burnett has played a full game all year....who knows what will happen...either burnett blows them out in the first half like they have done to everyone all year OR wharton is in the game until halftime and then i think that wharton wins. who knows?

raider red 2000
11-19-2003, 03:55 PM
wharton was in aclose game with Rice and last week they were in a very tough battle with cuero...they were able to win both

whrtntig1
11-19-2003, 03:56 PM
We were in the game the second half for Cuero,

olddog73
11-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Everman01Grad.:
The way to Beat burnet is shut down shipley and hope Mcgee has a bad game! The other players feed off these two...not taking there talents away im just saying...when these two are hot burnet is unstoppable.If you shut down Shipley, your just going to open up some one else. A bad game for McGee is like a good game for many others.

olddog73
11-19-2003, 05:42 PM
:D

dawg03
11-19-2003, 06:24 PM
olddog73:

Everman01Grad.:
The way to Beat burnet is shut down shipley and hope Mcgee has a bad game! The other players feed off these two...not taking there talents away im just saying...when these two are hot burnet is unstoppable.If you shut down Shipley, your just going to open up some one else. A bad game for McGee is like a good game for many others.Olddog73 is right! If you shut down Shipley there is always many others. Shipley and McGee are not the whole team! There are many others who have helped abunch when the previous games!

Dawgfan97
11-19-2003, 06:51 PM
I have to agree, Shipley and McGee are not the whole team, Warner might have had an off game last week, but he is still pretty consistent and Levens had an outstanding game last week, so we now know what he can do. Shipley is not the only guy on the feild that McGee can find, he is just the guy eveyone knows. Burnet's second team did very well last week too. Parks had a great first varsity game! The "second" team had an outstanding game themselves, we know from the past year that they can hold their own!

Hottogo
11-19-2003, 07:43 PM
olddog73:

Everman01Grad.:
The way to Beat burnet is shut down shipley and hope Mcgee has a bad game! The other players feed off these two...not taking there talents away im just saying...when these two are hot burnet is unstoppable.If you shut down Shipley, your just going to open up some one else. A bad game for McGee is like a good game for many others.Warner, Levins, Reyes, Ferguson, Wilson, Bostic, Kuenstler, Ochoa 1 & 2, and others........

PAINTBALL
11-19-2003, 08:29 PM
<small>[ November 19, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

bc 76
11-19-2003, 09:15 PM
What Wharton has to do to beat Burnet is to capitalize on the mistakes Burnet makes.I have watched film of 3 games Burnet has played and there opponents never capitalized on the Burnet turn overs.The qb is big and has a good arm but its seems one of Burnets weakness is pass protection i see the qb get sacked at least 3 times in each game,and nearly get sacked at least 3 more times ,but he smart and throws the ball away.The teams i saw on film were not very good,Burnet looks good but they do make mistakes cause ive seen plenty but the teams never took advantage of them.From what ive seen so far rice cons.and cuero seem have more team speed.The wr shiply is very good and looks to be your fastest One of the keys for wharton's success this year has been they have been able to capitalize on the others teams turnovers and score.

PAINTBALL
11-19-2003, 09:51 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/paintball7/armidilla_run_over.gif

I don't care what you say about Burnet's mistakes. This is what is going to happen to Wharton Saturday evening. Like the truck above, Burnet will just roll over Wharton. Wharton won't know what hit them.

the tigers are back
11-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Oh boy! i got to go with the Tigers on this one i think if wharton can keep it close to halftime and come out the 2nd half ready.I beleive they can pull this upset saturday and i will be loving it all the way home.All i hear is shipley and mcgee what about the defense is they any good,because without a good defense you will lose. :D wink let's go tigers wink

bd0707
11-19-2003, 10:52 PM
Why yes they is!

olddog73
11-19-2003, 11:23 PM
They is verrrry goood! By golly!

bulldogman
11-20-2003, 12:29 AM
Burnet is just to good to hold them down. Burnet defense is much improved this year. But coaching will go a long ways in winning this game. Burnet has the better staff and far more disciplined players. Good luck to both teams.

1team1dream
11-20-2003, 01:36 AM
wharton has size and speed but burnet has tradition and that tradition is winning! cant stop them dawgs.... they play every week with only the thought of being able to play again next week! the offense is gettin better every game and the defense is gettin better too! this team plays with heart and nothin can stop that! state champs '03! go DAWGS! :D

raider red 2000
11-20-2003, 08:39 AM
wharton does have the size...but we will have to see if the big buys like heard have the heart to try to chase down McGee on everyplay....my opinion he gets tired and takes plays off. will he be able to compete?

playa 3
11-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Tradition and all the hype of being "the best" works the first time you play a team, maybe. Wharton got a taste of playing "the best" last year, and nothing about Burnet will surprise them. Wharton will come out ready to execute and play a great game. Upset city!!!!!!!!!!

whtfbplaya
11-20-2003, 04:18 PM
PAINTBALL:
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/paintball7/armidilla_run_over.gif

I don't care what you say about Burnet's mistakes. This is what is going to happen to Wharton Saturday evening. Like the truck above, Burnet will just roll over Wharton. Wharton won't know what hit them.The Wharton Opposums does have a nice ring to it.