PDA

View Full Version : Change Two

IHStangFan
10-24-2007, 05:56 PM
so....as most of you know, I had finally got my tickets and whatnot to head to Afghanistan on Friday. Got an email about an hour ago stating "due to unforseen circumstances, we need to redirect you to Iraq instead"....which basically breaks the contract I had already signed. Then then proceeded to send me another contract for Iraq and told me it would be 'temp" I told them to get bent. Looks like I'll be around for the playoffs after all unless they can straighten this out. :)

big daddy russ
10-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Hell yeah, B. We'll definitely meet up for some playoff games. Maybe before. ;)

KTA
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
MAN that's BIG

1. "temp" my butt...One of my co-workers told me today that her son had seen more fighting in Iraq in one day, then the entire year he was in Pakistan.

2. Glad your going to be around for the playoffs ;)

So how do you feel about all of this?

Cameron Crazy
10-24-2007, 06:35 PM
"Get Bent" thats funny stuff!

pirate4state
10-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
so....as most of you know, I had finally got my tickets and whatnot to head to Afghanistan on Friday. Got an email about an hour ago stating "due to unforseen circumstances, we need to redirect you to Iraq instead"....which basically breaks the contract I had already signed. Then then proceeded to send me another contract for Iraq and told me it would be 'temp" I told them to get bent. Looks like I'll be around for the playoffs after all unless they can straighten this out. :)

:) :) :) :)

shoot - try and take it easy on me the week of Nov 9th ;)

IHStangFan
10-24-2007, 07:03 PM
and the plot thickens....another offer just hit my email inbox...this time its Djibouti, Africa, LOL!! I don't think this guy is getting what I'm trying to tell him. My contract said "Afghanistan" not "wherever we feel like placing you" MAN my wife is pissed. LOL. I myself am pissed, amused, etc. all in one. Maybe if I keep turning down his offers he'll throw me a coast of Italy or an Australia or something!

KTA
10-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Do you plan to keep turning them down?

Reguardless I hope you get what you want out of all of this

IHStangFan
10-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Do you plan to keep turning them down?

Reguardless I hope you get what you want out of all of this I plan on turning them down as long as they are not offering me what I signed on for. That or something better. The way I look at it, at least I'll be home for the rest of football season, and instead of "you MIGHT be home for the birth of your first child" ...now I know I'll be here. It's only money, and I can always go over at a later date...and if not w/ this company, there are several more doing the same work in the same places for the same, and even better money. Everything happens for a reason.

Cameron Crazy
10-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I plan on turning them down as long as they are not offering me what I signed on for. That or something better. The way I look at it, at least I'll be home for the rest of football season, and instead of "you MIGHT be home for the birth of your first child" ...now I know I'll be here. It's only money, and I can always go over at a later date...and if not w/ this company, there are several more doing the same work in the same places for the same, and even better money. Everything happens for a reason. I like that attitude.

KTA
10-24-2007, 10:13 PM
I plan on turning them down as long as they are not offering me what I signed on for. That or something better. The way I look at it, at least I'll be home for the rest of football season, and instead of "you MIGHT be home for the birth of your first child" ...now I know I'll be here. It's only money, and I can always go over at a later date...and if not w/ this company, there are several more doing the same work in the same places for the same, and even better money. Everything happens for a reason.

couldnt agree with you any more

IHStangFan
10-25-2007, 12:12 PM
alright....heres the scoop. Got an email this morning from another one of ITT's recruiters as my recruiter seems to be out of town for the rest of the week. Instead of throwing silly offers at me all day long like recruiter #1 did yesterday her email states:

"Mr. StangFan,

I would suggest at this point, we will keep your file open until the position comes open hopefully February timeframe. As soon as we get notification the government has approved these positions, we'll be in contact with you to arrange your deployment.

How does that sound?

Thanks
ITT Recruiter"

This is much more of what I wanted to hear.

Thanks to those of you who have followed this and actually seem to give a rat's butt. :)

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2007, 12:13 PM
At least they are keeping your file open instead of saying too bad, so sad. Sounds like good news! :)

DaHop72
10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
alright....heres the scoop. Got an email this morning from another one of ITT's recruiters as my recruiter seems to be out of town for the rest of the week. Instead of throwing silly offers at me all day long like recruiter #1 did yesterday her email states:

"Mr. StangFan,

I would suggest at this point, we will keep your file open until the position comes open hopefully February timeframe. As soon as we get notification the government has approved these positions, we'll be in contact with you to arrange your deployment.

How does that sound?

Thanks
ITT Recruiter"

This is much more of what I wanted to hear.

Thanks to those of you who have followed this and actually seem to give a rat's butt. :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Sounds like you got it under control! Glad you will be home for the holidays and the arrival of the new addition to the family!

:)

IHStangFan
10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Sounds like you got it under control! Glad you will be home for the holidays and the arrival of the new addition to the family!

:) LOL...yup, thanks. But in the meantime I need to get my butt up to Lowes or Home Depot or the local feed store or something and make some grocery money! :D