PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater football team's attitude toward the Band!!

Phantom Stang
10-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Saw this on the Abilene Reporter News website.

Way to go Mustangs!!:clap: :clap:
Letters to the Editor

Sweetwater football players, coaches to be commended

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

OK, if we are just about done with Wylie and Clyde issues, let's talk about the Sweetwater football teams and coaches.

I attended the Region 16 UIL marching band contest Monday night at Shotwell. My son is in the Wylie band.

Wylie, Merkel, Snyder, Sweetwater and other schools received Division 1's. However, there should have been one more Division 1: Every one on the Sweetwater football teams came out and supported their band. Boys, that was awesome, and you coaches deserve a gold medal. You're tops in my book just for that.

Come Friday night, I will be rooting for Wylie, but I just wanted you to know that I respect the fact that you are teaching such positive and respectful morals when there is so much negativity going on between other schools.

I wish you all the best of luck, and I am sure we will all see a great game this week.

Melissa Daniels

Abilene

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/23/sweetwater-football-players-coaches-to-be/

KTA
10-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Coach Jackson made us do that while he was at Olney

Phantom Stang
10-24-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't doubt that for a minute! It's one of the things I respect about him.;)

KTA
10-24-2007, 09:49 PM
me 2, I will always have respect for him

GetRDoneStangs
10-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Coach Jackson made us do that while he was at Olney

I am sure Coach Jackson can recall the times he required the Onlney players to be at the band competition...I am glad he wants his team to support the kids that support them!!!

Way to go Mustangs......continue the excellance!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

KTA
10-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Onlney

its OLNEY!!!:mad: ;) :D

super1
10-24-2007, 11:08 PM
did he get the guys out of school to go watch? Our band marched during the school day. I dont' think we could do that.

BUT, during homecoming week, our band marches AFTER the game because all the hc festivities take up the halftime. We have our football players stay on the sideline to watch and show support to the band.

And this year our band received straight 1's to advance to area contest on Saturday.

Phantom Stang
10-25-2007, 10:40 AM
BTW, congrats to everyone that received a Division 1 rating!:)

Can someone in Sweetwater tell me how many students are in the band this year? I know in recent years they've had a lot fewer numbers than "back in the day", when we always marched 125 to 150 kids.:(