PDA

View Full Version : aggies lose recruit

Bull19
10-24-2007, 02:37 PM
you can blame fran for this one

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/briefingroom?playerId=54056

g$$
10-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Exactly, & there will be others too. But, Loston is a 2009 commit so maybe the new coaches can bring him back. We'll see.

Darren
10-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
you can blame fran for this one

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/briefingroom?playerId=54056

Was he any good.?

44INAROW
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
"I don't want to be no part of whatever's going on there"
hhmm good grammar :rolleyes:

Darren
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
He will probably commit to Oklahoma...

Bull19
10-24-2007, 02:46 PM
reports are also saying martellus bennett is entering the draft this year

g$$
10-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
reports are also saying martellus bennett is entering the draft this year

If he knows he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick. That is no surprise & he probably will be.

Yes, Loston is a highly regarded 2009 DB recruit from Houston.

big daddy russ
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
If he knows he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick. That is no surprise & he probably will be.

Yes, Loston is a highly regarded 2009 DB recruit from Houston.
Early reports have him tagged as a high-four star prospect, may even sneak up into five-star territory.

From what I've heard, commits are dropping like flies. This year's class would've easily been a top-ten class nationally, maybe even top five, but it's starting to look like a few of their verbals are wavering. I guess we'll see what happens if TAMU lands a big-time coach. If they do, the recruits should come back.

lakers
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
"I don't want to be no part of whatever's going on there"
hhmm good grammar :rolleyes:

Grammer doesnt matter to much if u can play ball like he can...;)

Cameron Crazy
10-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Grammer doesnt matter to much if u can play ball like he can...;) Exactly, the professors will pass the kid if he is a great athlete. Just like every other school around the nation.

mistanice
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Lufkin's Jamarcus McFarland is considered one of Texas' top prospects and is only a JR. I hear he's considering A&M.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/00/19/89/slide_189190_JamarcusMcFarland1.jpg

Panther One
10-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Exactly, the professors will pass the kid if he is a great athlete. Just like every other school around the nation.
Having worked in Academics for the A&M athletic department, I can guarantee that your statement couldn't be further from the truth. And given that Texas has had some academic casualties in basketball and football in recent years, I'd say that's not the case there, either.

g$$
10-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Exactly, the professors will pass the kid if he is a great athlete. Just like every other school around the nation.

It's called Ag Development at A&M, & EVERY school has a place they put at-risk kids. Every single program.

Agreed Russ, gonna depend on new coaches.

mistanice
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Lufkin's Jamarcus McFarland is considered one of Texas' top prospects and is only a JR. I hear he's considering A&M. Has offers from Florida, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, A&M. 6'3 280 DT.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/00/19/89/slide_189190_JamarcusMcFarland1.jpg

g$$
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Having worked in Academics for the A&M athletic department, I can guarantee that your statement couldn't be further from the truth. And given that Texas has had some academic casualties in basketball and football in recent years, I'd say that's not the case there, either.

I worked at A&M in Football Academics for 3.5 years. Did you work for Mooney or McDonell? We put them in Ag Development & Dr. Joe Townsend is a God-send. We now have University Studies (General Studies). Texas has places to put them too, just like every program.

I am not advocating cheating, just saying if they take care of business there is no reason to ever flunk out. Tutors, advising, study hall, etc. are all available.

mistanice
10-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I worked at A&M in Football Academics for 3.5 years. Did you work for Mooney or McDonell? We put them in Ag Development & Dr. Joe Townsend is a God-send. We now have University Studies (General Studies). Texas has places to put them too, just like every program.

I am not advocating cheating, just saying if they take care of business there is no reason to ever flunk out. Tutors, advising, study hall, etc. are all available.

Don't know about the A&M tutors, but I know UT has VERY HELPFUL tutors.

g$$
10-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Don't know about the A&M tutors, but I know UT has VERY HELPFUL tutors.

Very good tutors paid by athletic dept., just like every big school. It is a matter of taking advantage of the resources & staying out of trouble.

GATAPride77
10-24-2007, 03:35 PM
And the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!

g$$
10-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by GATAPride77
And the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!

I know, it's obvious, but some don't know how it works. I am guessing you do!

rancher
10-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Recurits are baling on the aggies because of FRANGATE. An inside source in the athletic department recently told me that Fran's staff is now resigned to the fact they will be fired at the end of the season. Their attitude now is why bother when I will be gone. One of the top prospects from Gilmer Lamar ? who committed verbally has now changed his mind and recently visited OKLA. The aggies need to hire in a hurry to plug the holes in this sinking ship.